Visit www.MarineParents.com, a Place to Connect & Share (tm)

Tuesday, July 07, 2009

A day producing a lot of Changes

Good morning this is me. There is just 45 minutes before going back to work, but it should be a free and clear time unless I just can't wake up! The kitties got me up at 4:00 am this morning then we fell asleep on the couch, then Rich got up around 5 and then we fell back to sleep and then we took our shower and we ... well you can kind of read the writing on the wall. We need to be drinking more coffee!

Whoops ... fell asleep again. :*( shoot ... just did it again I may have to get up and move around a bit. Just a little too peaceful here. It's 6:30 am now and I only have a half hour :(

Ok, we got up and got more coffee and got dressed and such. So far so good. Missy needs some attention, but otherwise we're free and clear.

Well ok, now maybe 15 minutes ... we did a few notes over at Facebook. We're also listening to the stuff on Michael Jackson. Today is the day of his big memorial. CNN is going to be here covering this news all day. I think the actual service will be about 10 am today. I think that's central time, but I'm not sure. It's hard to believe how much news coverage there has been on his death and all that goes with it. Some people are complaining about that especially because soldiers died in Afghanistan and there's not so much coverage of that kind of news because of this other. I think this has to do with America's general attention span.

We're still kind of fuzzy. Last night Rich got home pretty late. He had a game and then he met Bob for dinner and then he came home, but it was about 9:30 pm. Bob had been invited up, but Rich said he was too tired. Bob's mother had died yesterday morning. I feel very bad for him. Rich says he seems ok, but there is definitely hardship on him and his family. The wake is going to be on Thursday night and the funeral will be on Friday. I think that Rich and I will go to the wake together, but he will have been there before me so to support Bob. And, then Rich said that he would probably go to the wake on his own.

Bob is encouraging Rich to still go up to the fishing on Friday, and it seems as if Bob might join the guys by Saturday if things are cleared here. I think he needs some time to gather himself and fishing is usually how he does this. I think that Rich's partner is being very giving in Rich's needs to be here to support Rich so is accommodating whichever schedule comes up and as it turned out, Bob didn't have a partner for fishing this weekend, so if he comes at all or just for Saturday and Sunday ... he should be ok. I worry a bit about him being on his own, but then after all the going ons of the week, maybe he will be able to appreciate some clearing of his mind space.

That's about it for now. I'm going to have to get going. Maury isn't up yet, but I don't know his schedule and again I have to think he's mature enough to pull things together as necessary. He did say something and let it be known that it was a very sensitive issue, but he said it looks like he should be divorced - in final - by next Wednesday. I think he's feeling really bad about, but he was going out last night after he came home from work and took a shower. We'll let him be as long as he wants and try to be here to listen when he wants. Lots of changes.

Rich is supposed to be going to court today to finalize his divorce too today. His son called yesterday while Rich and I were in my office at work. He's pressuring his father for more concessions. Rich said she wanted a couple hundred more dollars. But, then by the time we got home, Rich had gotten notice that she actually wanted $400 more dollars and she wants the entire house. Originally, she gets 2/3rds of it so that if it sells, Rich gets 1/3 to pay for the second mortgage on the house.

I'm really worried for Rich because he's giving her so much without her giving anything. I also worry because the kids are pushing that he give her more and more because she's complaining to them. I'm afraid that Rich has no support from his family. His mother would like to give him more support, but Rich doesn't want her negativity. So ... most likely he'll go to court today and concede whatever it is she's asking. There was no discussion on this just an 11th hour grab for the money. I can't tell you how disappointed I am in Rich's family for not considering his problems - like the problem of him having gotten laid off yesterday, or at least in 4 days time. It's just so harsh. I can't help but to think this is all my fault.