Visit www.MarineParents.com, a Place to Connect & Share (tm)

Monday, July 06, 2009

It's a whole new life this morning

Good morning ... this is me again. It's almost 6 am on a Monday morning and Rich has just left, Maury is still sleeping, and I'm just out of the shower. Hmm, we forgot to take our medicine ... this is what happens when we change our schedule. I think I'm going to wait an extra half hour before taking it so I don't lose out on time at the end of the day that I'm going to need before taking the evening medicine. The idea so far was to have us get through the bathroom before he wakes up. We forgot to check what time he's getting up, but I'm thinking either 6 am or 6:30 am. His work is literally just a mile or so away so I'm guessing he's going to grab as much sleep as he can.

Rich's situation in waking up early was because he wanted to get into work early especially if this was going to be his last day. He figures that his boss will call him in today to let him go. I think I explained that yesterday. The majority of JVS is being let go and because the workshop is now closed he doesn't have a direct job. He thinks they may offer him a job at half his income, but then again maybe they won't ... most likely they won't.

Last night Rich had been out with his son and then when he came home we were talking to him in our bedroom. He sat on the side of the bed which isn't an unusual position for him and I rubbed his back as he explained how he thought this last day was going to go. He had his mail to go through and his desk to clean up. He's held that office for a long time and its going to be hard to imagine it not being his. I won't go into again what I think of them, but I told him before he left today, "And, remember that no matter what they say, they are still jerks!"

*Sigh* I just want to make sure that he's going to be ok, no matter how it goes down today. He said he would call me once he finds out, but otherwise he's going to go in and start clearing his desk ... he says he's got about 2-3 boxes of stuff. He said there were boxes at work and he would get them there. He expects to be told around 8:30 am. Maybe that's because his boss is around then, but I'm not sure. I think if his desk gets cleared then he's going to go through his mail and do some paperwork to make sure his employees time sheets get in and then he's going to work on his car expences. I forgot what you call that.

Hmm, I think that Maury's alarm just went off ... Both the kitties were sitting with me on either side ... One seems concerned, but not the one laying next to the window. Hmm, I guess not too concerned because he just moved down to where my knee was bent. Hmm, the other kitty turned directions. They are now both paying attention to the back of the house, but no one is rushing around yet. They did good with him sleeping here in that they got up as normal and had breakfast and such. They don't though like the part where their access to me in the bathroom was closed as was the bedroom when Rich got dressed.

I wonder if Maury is one of those that need the alarm to ring several times before he gets up. The alarm was going off at 6:08 am and now there doesn't seem to be much movement back there. Seems like I should be doing something, but not much to be done. I'm thinking I'm not so excited about putting on make-up today. I will have to give it good thought, but it sure seems nice not worrying about it over the weekend. I'm not sure how much difference it makes. I know I should, but then *sigh*

Ok, let's be moving on.

Hmm, just got up and refreshed coffee and did lunch and medicine and then checked my Pirates ... well you know me ... where there's a buck to spend ... I had half a billion which bought me a few islands. We just made sure we put out our morning entry too at Facebook. The big news of course today is Rich being let go of. I sure hope he's going to be ok. He's still got to be feeling some sense of shock even though he knows its coming.

Rich talked to another director over the weekend who was demoted. Instead of taking care of the building - SKC, she will be taking care of case management I think. She's really hurt and angry. I will feel so much better after Rich clears his desk and gets the hell out of there. This is just hard stuff. You can't have worked 25-30 years for someone without feeling some emotion. This company ... can't say enough bad stuff about it. AGAIN ... we don't want to get stuck here.

Rich said that he will probably finish and then head over to St. Rose Center ... I will feel good about that. I will want to see him and make sure he's ok.

As to my plans ... thinking we're going to talk to Maury in a few moments. Just to tell him we're going to work. Hmm, better rethink that. Maybe we should just let him go and see that he wakes up on his own. We've heard the alarm, but he needs to be doing stuff on his own and I've nothing to suggest that he wouldn't want it done any other way. We'd left out sheets last night and we left out towels. He knew that the drawer ... ok, we're obsessing here. He'll be fine. He'll know that he can take out the chair in the bathtub and that he should leave the liner inside the tub, right?

Poor Mom ... we just are so excited about having Maury here. He said in his Facebook yesterday only that he was going to be getting ready the place where he was going to stay off and on again. It makes me feel a little bad, because it seems as if he's embarrassed or something to say he's going to be at his Mom's. Maybe he's thinking that it's no ones business, but he should have told his soon-to-be ex anyway. I don't know maybe there is some pride involved in that he's not going to want to seem dependent. I'm not sure. But, the fact remains that he's here and I'm real happy to be helping.

I should be getting going then? I never got to the part of thinking through what I am going to be doing for work, but that's coming up now too. Better get going, right?