Visit www.MarineParents.com, a Place to Connect & Share (tm)

Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Is this like serious writing ... at least we're doing it, right?

Good morning … just reviewing the To-do list – this is where we’re standing this morning – progress has been made! How did I get so domestic – or is this because I’m not USUALLY domestic?

• Get ready to AND go to work-AT-work!!!
• Get out the garbage again on the way out the door
• Call Walgreen’s for picking up the C-Pap machine
• Do those last few “middle-of-the-closet” clothes to free up some more space and hangers
• Get laundry and cleaners stuff to the car – do what you can here, k?
• Clean sinks and mirrors
• Make sure all surfaces washed BEFORE vacuuming
• Vacuum at least the first round - surprise Rich!
• Get credit card to Maury so he can pick-up new little fridge
• Clean big fridge before Rich brings in groceries
• Hmm, shouldn’t you tackle some more kitchen cupboards and drawers?
• You’ll have to wash another load of dishes before Rich comes home too!
• Maybe do laundry on Saturday with or without Rich
• Go over banking with Rich
• Hang pictures with Rich I think
• Consider home DONE – Help RICH do Rich work-at-work things!!!!

Hmm, I’m getting a lot closer cuz the list is shorter than it was yesterday. Yesterday was mainly cleaning the three kitchen cupboards, doing odd things in the bedroom, picking up the living room and rearranging shelves, AND sorting through all the bills.

We think that’s pretty good. The FAVORITE part of the day though was talking to Rich. He seems to be doing pretty good. He doesn’t seem quite as sick or at least that’s what he is claiming in that he wants to do some night time fishing too! He says he’s getting his appetite back and that the guys are all getting along well together. He did allow time toward the end of the conversation to be talking about work or lack of it. We had decided not to bring up work if he didn’t, but I guess it’s ok to be preparing for it a bit on vacation as long as he can concentrate mostly ON being at vacation.

I think Rich got more fish on Sunday than on Monday, but he’s at that comfortable part of vacation where you don’t know for sure which day it is. He says they’ve had some good shore lunches, but also has had some sandwiches. I think they are responsible for week day breakfasts, but are getting dinners which he calls plain like guys like. No fancy French cuisine for fisherman! Ok, yeah I’m worrying about his tummy.

Rich says that they’ll probably be leaving about 8 am on Friday. I don’t think they’ll get home that night until 10 pm to 12 am. We’ll have to see. Usually what I do is try to get some sleep before he gets here so I can massage him to sleep AFTER he gets here. He’s such a dear!

Probably should think somewhat of doing work things. I’ve got an annual meeting tomorrow for the new guy. I’ll have to focus on that today as well as maybe doing sometime on working on the annual report and sometime on finishing the paperwork for last week’s annual meeting. I’ve missed the last three work days so I’m feeling a little out of it. I have to worry a little bit about getting in to water my plant!

I think I left the office pretty well picked up. I also need to check in on Robin’s work on Holly’s material and to see if Holly is back again and if there wasn’t backlash from that whole project. I think that’s the majority – though I still have to check my schedules to make sure that things are getting updated. That will probably be the first ACTUAL thing I get done. I remember giving Rosa a copy of a handwritten scribbled copy of my regular annual schedule. I’ll have to also to check my mail box and update my check-in dealie.

Still got 15 minutes left before the shower though so we’re going to take down our level of panic on all that other stuff. Shouldn’t be such a big deal to go to work – actually Rich said something about that last night. He says that Sister realizes that after a long vacation it’s ALWAYS harder to come back to work. He’s probably right because before you can go back you gotta be thinking of all that you MEANT to get done before you went back.

I’m in general happy with what got done over these last five days. Wow! I had that many days? I can’t believe then there’s so much to be yet doing, but then it’s so much more than I have gotten done in a while, I don’t want to take me down. Just gotta be in a regular status of updating, right?

Rich was patient with me on the phone over the last few days. I’m thinking hmm, maybe he misses my babble. I told him that yesterday was the hardest. Not that I wanted to stop him from his trip, but I wanted him to come home and be happy with all I did – ESPECIALLY for him!

Well, ok some of it was for me and some of it was for Maury too.

Hehe there’s a video taken where some nut jumps out of a helicopter and wrestles with a Marlin. I think the newscasters dispelled the myth though in saying ok, I think there was a cut in the film where there was a cameraman in the water … AND it seems that the fish isn’t moving as much as a BIG fishy with a sword could. But, it was a pretty cool looking video explaining this new way of fishing by spotting the fish from the helicopter first then jumping in! Maybe I can find the YouTube version of it to show Rich what he’s doing wrong!

Hmm, that’s interesting too … they are saying that 3 out of 10 people in the United States do Facebook. That’s pretty cool. I don’t know how old you have to be to be included in the count … or old for that matter … like do people pre-reading or post-sight count in the numbers? If they do then the numbers for FBrs is pretty big! They say the fastest growing population with it is for the people over than 35. I can believe that too, especially if more of the younger folk had already been counted previous.

Hmm, ok … maybe it is time I should go take my shower.

Pswhoo that was good for me! Well, except the meowy cat part. Missy seemed to be telling me from the moment I stepped out of the shower that I should be hurrying.

Now I got the two of them flanking me both wanting attention. Man – how are they going to survive me being gone all day? They gotta get a grip on it!

Ok, maybe it’s me that needs to get a grip on it … just I’d like to step out of the shower and not be as needed. You know … you can sit with me, but don’t demand I be petting you! Well, Ok now that doesn’t exactly pertain to YOU, but maybe somebody’s kitties around here!

Maybe we better be moving along.

I feel strangely in sync with the Flylady this morning. I think of her when I’m thinking about doing stuff around the house and all that is good for me. She would tell me about some daily routines for morning, afternoon if we were here, and evening. Taking a shower and making beds are good routines. I’m thinking now that I should have cleaned both of my sinks already. Hmm, maybe not RIGHT away. I guess we are still a bit resistant. I’m going to have to check out what kind of official cleaning stuff we have. In the olden day people used comet or ajax or something. I think now the stuff people use comes out of a spray bottle and it swears to be good for a gazillion stuff.

I never like looking under the counter cuz I hate the sense of getting smells on my hands. I’m doing better with the green hand soap we’re using now because it’s got an apple scent and isn’t too strong. But we’re still putting the very smallest amount of lotion on our face because we don’t like the feeling of it either.

Hehehe I just answered something on CNN AM Morning Fix. They were asking about Celebrity doctors so I inferred the situation to Sherlock Holmes AND Dr. Watson.

It’s funny … I just read over the other 12 comments before mine. I think mine is definitely the cutest on the board –

Scrawled by Ann Ludford Garvey 'round about 6:33 in the mornin' Merry Month o' June 30

“I wonder what Sherlock Holmes would have said about celebrity doctors - Would that have explained Dr. Watson?”

I don’t think my response would be read, but there is some brush with the famous in thinking that it could. I don’t use this option as often as I should.

Ok, so then if I weren’t talking about that, housekeeping, work … have we talked enough about Rich? Let me think here. There’s the part where we love him the bunchiest!

I think in general last night when we talked we were just hearing each other’s voices. It is a way of talking saying about everything without saying anything.

My Maury thoughts are also on hold. I read his facebook that he didn’t get much sleep again last night. You know as a mother, it’s my natural given duty to worry about these things. But, because he’s already 28 years old we’re not supposed to worry about it out loud TO him. I think it’s ok, if you do some sneaky Inside worrying.

I think he’s going to be busy tonight too. He said maybe on Wednesday he can pick up the fridge. Maybe I could do some of that cleaning up stuff tonight? Damn … am I talking about all that again? What’s wrong with me? I think I’m taking too much satisfaction with having a cleaned up place. It would be REALLY nice if I could get someone now to come out and clean the dirt stuff under stuff. I’m still having problem with dust on surfaces and vacuuming. Ok, aren’t we being a little of our natural obsessive self here? OK YOU! There’s nothing different about this … you’re just going in mind obsessed patterns, just you don’t always think of housekeeping just sometime!

Maybe I should think of posting so I could finish getting ready for work? Yeah that be the idea. You can do this girl … just think one moment forward is one more moment closer to Rich coming home and snuggling him to pieces! Man that kinda thing could drive a girl crazy! But, NOT the kind of crazy that Dr. Marvin is concerned with. *Sigh* ok, you … go!