Visit www.MarineParents.com, a Place to Connect & Share (tm)

Wednesday, May 27, 2009

It be a blistery conversation

Good morning … or best afternoon! This is me again and not getting too far in life. We’ve been going over something we’ve been doing at Facebook. This is the gist of it.

Ann















Back again … well you can see where that pretty much went. There is one more part that might get added – well maybe two. I will have to see if Cody answers this Sheree’s last statement and I will see if Mike Laudenslager answers to it as well. One of our other friends Deb Heim from High School told Cody she liked his response to thread and then Mike asked where it was and that he might want to look at it too. So, I left Mike a friend invite. I wanted to b friends with Mike, but I was too shy earlier to do so. He was a pretty big guy back in high school and had a few very humorous parts for the school plays. He’s friends with about 6 of my other high school friends, so I see that as maybe an open door. We’ll see. There’s a certain pace to people responding on Facebook.

There was one other connection that I tried to set-up today … there is a person I used to know as the Doe-nellie (Donelle) part of Tim and Doe-nellie. I can’t think for the life of me where else we were connected, but I seem to remember being friends with Donnele before she and Tim went out together. They were a longstanding item, but did not make it past high school. Maybe they broke up senior year. I’m not sure. But, she was really nice and friendly. I remember looking for her face – just to say hello. Anyway I sent a note to her today … so maybe there will be that one more friend.

You really gotta feel fortunate for the high school friends and you hope for some new connections to them. I was really surprised that Cody responded to this other person. I was glad he did. I did disengage with the Sheree person from Facebook. She’d been accepted as a Pirate friend, but I don’t really need those kind of negative pompous attacks on the people I consider more as my friends. I’m not saying that all my friends have to think alike, but I really don’t understand people who are homophobic and wrapped in political right wing.

I do have one other contact that writes notes being really right wing, but I let that one go, because she doesn’t come out attacking me and my friends. She does attack Obama – but, as I said I don’t generally discredit friends on their beliefs. Just didn’t like it when I was told I wasn’t religious enough because I didn’t believe the King James Version of the Bible as being the only Holy document and WRITTEN directly by God. Yeeks! That’s just scary.

Hmm, one more squeaked in before we left. This was from the Mike we'd mentioned ... I'm not sure if Cody will respond one more time, but it should be buried ... too much played to this person - Sheree of the Sad.