Visit www.MarineParents.com, a Place to Connect & Share (tm)

Wednesday, February 25, 2009

A Rather Drifty Morning

Good morning. This is me … AND we got an extra hour to be typing WOOHOO!! I woke up at 4:30 am and have spent the last half hour checking things out online and watching our baby slowly come to a place of almost awake. Pswhoo. He’s a hard case. He’d asked me last night to wake him if I was up at 4:30 am. I was and I did and now he’s doing it.

He’s kinda funny … I wake up most mornings and like let’s get the bathroom over so I can be up! Kitty and coffee are next and then we’re happy to have found the computer. If we’re tired … we’ll just go back to bed. Well unless it’s after 6 am and then we’re thinking we better jump in the shower. Rich was like … I wish I could already be in the shower without moving. Uh-huh uh-huh I think that’s going to work. Or maybe not.

Poor guy … but he’s to be congratulated because he DID find it and it seems wet enough for everyone.

I think he’s having trouble at work because of the new boss. I think we mentioned her earlier. She’s fired also the janitor who use to help out in the shop along with letting the production coordinator go, so there is going to be only a shipping receiving clerk doing things. It is a pretty strange way of doing business I think. She decides on I don’t know what grounds who is valuable or not and then just kicks but all over the place. That’s how JVS lost the entire Bloomberg Center. She’s pushing Rich to now do more with less. He’s trying to get a handle on extra reports to her showing her something, but I don’t know what. It’s obvious with her ejection sheet approach she’s not winning many friends.

I talked to Rich about it last night from the grounds of loyalty. I think the one’s that will be loyal are all waiting for her to slip up and be released like they are being judged. Rich doesn’t say anything like that … but it would seem certain that people aren’t really crazy about this style of management. Last night I had a dream about a concentration camp like environment. First there was two of us shooting, and then we had to give in and then we were being let through this area of hallways which had glass boxes of people being abused or mistreated. I think this was a dream about the way I think of this woman.

Rich needs to think of alternative plans in case they simply let him go with no extra thought like the rest. It’s really a terrible thing to go in feeling this threatened. Rich doesn’t complain he just thinks of what is the next thing and the next in the line of work given any particular situation, but realistically, she’d tear down the whole place if she had a choice. Rich has noticed while she’s tearing down the infrastructure, she’s hiring extra people to be working at the corporate office. I think you can kill only so many worker bees before the top heavy parts cave in.

But, it’s her show … let’s just see how fast that all just implodes on her. Can’t be a good thing what she’s doing … and it’s hard to think she has made her choices with the client’s best interests at heart. Now it’s a cold steely business and it would seem like clients are in her way – like those at Blumberg. Eh it’s the fate of a nation maybe at this point. In the end so many people will be let go of there will be no money to pay for even government.

I have no doubt I’ll be in the next rung of people especially if something were to happen to Sr. Theresa. No doubt there is some back-up plan, but I think the plan would be to sell the real estate and let everything else go.

If I were to lose a job in would mean I’d have to find something right away. I think though that even the low paying jobs are going quickly. I saw a line in New York on TV yesterday where people were winding 4 fold and around the high-rise. It was a job fair … and everyone with or without degrees was looking for employment.

Hmm … it seems like sir Sweetie is up and at’m he’s sitting down out in the kitchen after having gotten slowly dressed. I figure I better let him concentrate if he was going to make it this morning. Last night he got in late and we went almost automatically to bed. He let me help him get undressed and then he read one of his fishy magazines while I finished TV and had my fudgsicle. I guess after a bit I didn’t move fast enough because I can remember just shutting my eyes as I was hearing him squeak off the bed. Oh-oh he’s going to come looking for me I thought.

I was right … busted!

We let him turn off the TV though this time without any complaint. We had already taken our medicine. We had been watching the President’s speech to the joint congress. I have to admit we were tired and dozed off … it was during our sleepy time hours. We had brought Sr.’s small computer, but it was so sluggish it wouldn’t change screens, so we ended up not having anything to do while watching the speech.

We had wanted to watch the speech with the Facebook crowd. The Facebook side was working better than the live video, but it’s hard when so many people are negative.

Most of the people are positive, but they are at little levels of just criticizing the obvious things like Pelosi’s dress looked like lizard-ware and the like. It’s not that I was elevated from this … not thinking the same thing. Just to have all us focus on it seemed REALLY negative.

For the majority though the people liked President Obama … so at least that was good. I heard some broadcasters say afterward how he mixed some of the speech similar to Presidents from the past. I thought they were looking at that optimistically. They had said the speechwriter was studying Roosevelt’s new deal and Kennedy’s optimism. They thought Obama did an excellent representation of what is necessary for our country today.

Hmm, been pretty much reading for a bit, plus we took our shower and all that, and we have been petting Ms. Kitty. We figured she was due. The first thing we were scanning through is the bill over at Recovery.gov. Hmm pretty long. It still be neat if we could read through some of it. And then we were going to clear our email, but we found the Newsletter for MarineParents.com so we skimmed through some of that.

I think Missy is making us a little tired now with her snoring … well sorta snoring and sorta purring, just like a little motor boat she is. Poor thing likes to lie on the right more bouncy wrist.

I don’t think we had much of a day to talk about … you heard of our evening. We did work with Group III and we were happy for that. Some of them were doing well and others were having trouble concentrating on what was going on. I don’t want to say it’s just that they are slower functioning … just have to have some way of catching their attention - hmm?

Hehehe we were teasing Vickie this morning … she had said something about her becoming more used to shooting in New Orleans … so then I reminded her that not only do the both of our sons carry guns – one of our sons carries an entire tank! And, it’s not MY son! She laughed back and though we were right. Darn sure of that. It reminds me of when we were a kid and at about 8-10 years of age, I and a friend would pull out matching motorcycles from our pocket and then we’d just go crazy.

Kids now days? Wow …

I’m starting to feel as yawny as Rich was looking before he went to work this morning. I don’t think we’re into concentrating real hard. I keep thinking I should be looking at something, but then I again clear my vision’s view.

Hmm, really seems we’re just skimming along. We keep finding ourselves back to MP.com looking for someone new to have responded, or another site of interest to show up. I’m in a few threads now. I’ve got a couple of notes in the Iwakuni, Japan forum, and then in the Marineparents forum I’ve got one in the first time deployment forum, one in Cheesybears, one in the Alpha bootcamp forum, one in intelligence, and one in a post for 2651’s (Thom’s MOS). There might be more, but these are the one’s immediately up front. I found one that I’ll be interested in looking at more later … It’s from Baddog on “Something to ponder.” I’ve seen her do soul-searching entries before and I noticed one of my friends from boot responded to her note too. I’d like to check that out, but its 6 pages so there isn’t time enough this morning.

Ok, you … and NO falling asleep on the way to work! We’re still drifty. Best though now to get going, hmm? Big day ahead!