Visit www.MarineParents.com, a Place to Connect & Share (tm)

Friday, February 20, 2009

Just a quick notes and some feelings of warmth - a Dr. Marvin day

Good morning … this is me. We don’t have much time today because we woke up late.

I don’t think we went to bed until just after 10 pm. But that was cool. We were IMing with Alexis. I’m going to try to stay away from that … there was a few things though. She gave me a copy of the orders and they state that her and Thom are expected to be in Japan between March 24th and 26th. It’s pretty exciting … I don’t know if things are going to work out that Alexis goes, but we told her in the end that we hoped she would, but wouldn’t expect her to do anything that wasn’t right for her. I believe that. They aren’t at an easy part of their lives.

I felt good though that she was going to go to Thom’s this morning … She’s flying out about 5-5:30 am and getting in there maybe about 9:30 am or so. I wrote it down somewhere else, but think that’s pretty close. They will be driving back together.

She said that she might or they might call on the way back which would really be fine. I think we’re both thinking alike that we want to talk without bothering the other. But, it’s really no both … just don’t want to intrude. She’s very honest with her expressions and I appreciate that in her.

Rich called last night, but we couldn’t interrupt the other conversation so made sure sweetie bear knew that we loved him and are looking forward to his speedy return. The one part we got for sure was that he was pretty tired … *giggle* go figure? Oh AND he caught a fishes! I guess they are far and few between, but that was enough for him to feel happy about. Good fishyman! He understood that I couldn’t stop to talk at that moment. He’s such a cuddlebear!

Hmm, the market just dropped some in Japan to a new quarter low. That can’t be good. Whatever we’re going through here they are going to go through it there too.

I think I have to go take a shower now … I’ll be back soon.

Ok, back! The TV is going through something, so we’ll hope that it returns. Hmm, maybe I should shut it off and then on again … hold on.

Nope that didn’t work … we’ll have to see. Oh oh … Internet is down too … It’s then one of those times like did we pay the cable bill?

Hmm. They really like it better when you pay the bill … that’s what we’re thinking here. So that money went out … It’s a very efficient service. It should be back on in about 5 minutes. We’ll see… Let’s move it on, ok?

Yesterday other than the couple of correspondences with the kids nothing MAJOR happened – just routine work stuff.

WOOHOO!!! That was fast … we’ve got our cable service again! It’s really amazing how quickly they can catch my attention Hehehe. Ok, let’s not get slap-happy.

Rich must be taping, because we’re on a channel with a fishy show. I think I’m going to let that play for a bit, because it reminds me of fishyman. We’ve got about 20 minutes left now. *Sigh*

Ok, at work? Hmm, we were working on Blue bags with Group 1 … that was ok, and then we did some stuff with the singing or at least the sign language. There are a few of them that are lagers. It’s not that they can’t do it, but their minds drift … two of them in particular. We needed to keep drawing back their attention. It’s kind of sad when that happens. It’s like they are not tuned in. We’ll keep trying though … we like to let it get a LITTLE silly just to keep their good moods.

We had them working pretty hard, and then we went into the staff training and did the same thing. We made sure everyone worked hard. It went pretty good, but there are a few different modes that the trainers fell in like one didn’t like to be looking like she was interested, but I think it was because she just didn’t want to not be knowing something in front of them. And, then one was like trying to get across that I didn’t know so much and it was like … Ok, that’s fine, but until you find someone or yourself that knows more, you are stuck with me. Hehehe. It kind of reminds me of the Republicans … complaints, but no better ideas. So, like what use is that?

We figured that we would do some of the key words too. I didn’t do the first real easy song, but I did the second song. It repeats a lot so there were only about 30 words that I wanted to emphasize. I think it’s a lot of words for the clients.

But, I haven’t come up with a better idea for the songs other than signing … I think it’s going to get a little dull because they’ll just be stumbling along for too long a period they’ll get tired and confused. *Sigh* Maybe I’ll wait until next week and then we’ll talk to Sr. Theresa about it. Maybe I’ll come up with a new idea in the meantime. We need to change things up a bit – just need to focus, but not enough time this morning.

The last part … but there’s not too much time for it now … well two things. We’re going to need doing staff training today … and that’s going to take up most of the day. I don’t have it all thought through, but, I know I can figure it out … just have to talk to Sr. first to coordinate plans like what happens for CIRCLES and Thinking group when I can’t be with the trainer directly. Like should we save the tapes for her to use during that time? I’m not sure.

The other major part is that we went to see Dr. Marvin last night. We got pretty giddy. We kept coming up with all these major things that were happening like stuff we’ve been talking about all week. There was a lo to cover. I don’t have the time to go into all that now, but we were pretty slap happy, until just at the end and then I remember someone saying, “We just switched didn’t we?” Dr. Marvin was very calm and understanding … he said, “Yes, you did.” My gosh you just gotta love that guy to pieces and that’s pretty much the gist of the important part other than working through the details.

We talked for a bit because we felt so strong of emotions in looking and talking to him. There was a major regression, but the general gist of things is that we were feeling extremely close to him and we were having trouble adjusting to that overwhelming sense of feelings. It was very intense and extremely gratifying.

*Sigh*

As much as I would like to explore more of these feelings now … I know it’s time to get going for the morning. There is going to be a lot to do today … let’s then look forward to the change over in time and the fact that fishyman comes home tomorrow … woohoo!!!