Visit www.MarineParents.com, a Place to Connect & Share (tm)

Sunday, February 22, 2009

Waitin on the guys

Good morning this is me. We're being tormented by the kitties ... sure you think they are sweet, but that's just a rouse. They mean to take over the world ... I'm pretty sure they even have meetings about it. Don't mistake that demure for fluffybrains. They are plotting away at all times. Hmpf!

It's almost 7 am now and we're going to be working at the small computer so we can glance at the TV. Fishyman called last night to tell us that we needed to tape a show for him. The classic that he prepared for yesterday was going to be on ESPN2. Man-o-man was that a mess. Basically, we went to tape it and we found that the cue was 100% full and we couldn't access what we needed to delete programs. It was a mess because I knew he really wanted it and I spent about 1 1/2 hours fooling around with it. Part of that was sitting back frustrated thinking through my next plan of attack.

Pswhoo. I fell asleep for a little bit ... It's now 8 am. Not sure what happened except my eyes still hurt from last night. We got into a bad situation with fishyman. I was so upset that I couldn't figure out the DVR situation and I'd even talked to Maury and I couldn't get it. So I went to bed ... It was about 8:30 pm and I was just in terrible shape. But, then fishyman called me back like he said he would, but he didn't check his recorder of me saying that I couldn't get the show recorded and that I would try this morning to call Comcast. Maury had suggested that they might reset it.

He was very frustrated with me and we were crying terribly ... It came out in our exhaustion especially after being woke up at about 9:30 to talk to him that we were somehow failing him. We had tried so hard all week to stay on top of things and not go under and here it was ... he was almost home, but we were falling apart in this stupid tears. He was pushing us to go through it again so we did with a small amount of new optimism because he was on the phone and might be able to help me, but we got to the familiar screen that he'd never seen and he wasn't able to give us help. He wanted us to call Comcast right away, but we were so wiped and couldn't get past the crying ... we were just dazed. We told him we'd do it in the morning because we always wake up before 7 am and he wasn't happy with that which just made us more upset because we felt we were failing him.

We suggested that he call Bob and have him record the show as a backup, but that wasn't working for him. He thought we would forget about it if we went to sleep, but we were thinking of it the moment we woke. We made the coffee, but went through the necessary to get the show taped. We were a little panicky at first because we had trouble getting through on our phone. But, then we thought ... maybe if we just turned it off and on again and that seemed to work. Oh man ... we're we grateful. And, then we got to Comcast, but it turned out to be the wrong number because we were getting somewhere they were saying they would be closed until Monday.

Fortunately for us, we kept trying and we got the regular Comcast number that has 24 hour service. I thought the lady was not going to get it because she was being silent on the line so long figuring it out. We were scared that she wasn't really knowing how to fix our problem, but in reality she was resetting the box, but she hadn't told us what she was doing. We had to turn off the power and then turn it on again and I was groggy and could't figure out which cord to pull so we turned off the power strip. Then we had to figure out turning on the TV again ... if you know us by now we're never sure on how to turn off the thing and still get it back.

Fortunately the lady new enough that we hadn't pushed the cable button when we couldn't connect to the DVR at all, but then we pushed that on her command and we got back a more familiar screen. It said that we had 0% on our DVR, which meant I shouldn't over think but we'd erased all of Rich's programming. I felt bad about that, but there wasn't anything else to do. At least we were going to be able to tape his program.

I was so relieved and I think the lady was too because although she hadn't talked in a personable way throughout, she wanted to encourage me that I'd done it all on my own. We were saying no we were just following her instructions, but she was being very nice and she wanted to tell us we were doing good because after the regular screen came back we actually knew we'd have to go to that program and press the red circle record button. Man ... all we could think of though was to get off the phone, but we didn't do that without missing the opportunity to tell her our son worked for Comcast too ... she thought that was awesome. It was nice of her.

It just took a few moments to find the right channel and get things taken care of. We were at first afraid to change the channel, but we managed. And then we called fishyman to tell him we were recording ... It's very very rare that we'll call him while he's fishying, but we thought he'd be very relieved to find out that we figured out what had to be done.

He picked up the phone after a couple moments, and he worried that we'd not gotten any sleep, but we told him that we'd gone to bed and so on. We just talked a few moments really and he said that he was coming home. We got worried, and asked if there was something bad that had happened. And, then he reminded us that it was Saturday and this was his scheduled day to come home. I don't know why we were so cloudy on these kinds of issues, but we were ... then there was a sense of relief. He was coming home finally?!! Oh man ... but, that was soon followed by the thought that ... oh man that meant that Ron was in the car listening to the conversation. We thought yeeks. We better get off the phone.

We took a risk in telling fishman that we loved him, but we knew he already knew that. I guess that had come to question the night before. We were saying something in our blur like why was he yelling at us and that just made us cry harder because someone had been feeling unloved after how hard we'd tried to keep it together. We just couldn't understand how he'd be so upset with us. Now we're thinking he was mostly just frustrated for not getting his show. I felt bad because he does everything going the extra mile and here we were not doing much of anything and we couldn't even figure out the show.

Hmm, we had to stop and tape the second part of the show. I'm lad that Rich told us it went to 10 am ... it's 8:30 am now, but I'm thinking they might just be recording some of the stuff over again? I'm not sure, but we won't take a chance we're taping it anyway. We heard somewhere in there too that they are going to be continuing it at 9 pm tonight. We're not sure how long so we set the tape machine to 3 hours. It had said to be announced, so better safe than sorry and beside then maybe by then fishyman will be back ... oh man do I hope that's true.

BUT, that he doesn't yell at me!

Shhh, we covered that already dear. It's going to be ok ...

We might have to clean up here a bit ... we told Dr. Marvin that the fudsicle sticks had overcomed us again. We don't know how all that happens and as we're walking over the sticks, there's a fearful feeling of bending down and scooping them up even though we know we've done it hundreds of times. Well, mayb not as much as fishyman, but SOMEtimes we DO pick stuff up. We can do it ... but not quite yet. We have the sense about us that we're not quite up to speed yet. Still feeling a little too submissive. We know that Rich doesn't like to see us like this, but it's the way I am.

Probably should get over this for the time being ... We're going to have to try harder. We got our medicine a bit ago and it should be working by now ... just not in good shape. We also got our second cup of coffee. I sure hope fishyman likes us when he gets back.

Hey, hey ... we've already been here remember? We were going to straighten out our act. Just feel so much feelings of longing for him. I don't know where all these feelings are coming from ... we've done our best to compartmentalize them all week that I suppose it's a natural. We've been strong most of the week too especially for all we've been going through. We made sure to soak in Dr. Marvin's profound confidence in us ... we know he's very excited when we're doing good although accepts us 100% when we're not doing so good. Going back now again to that feeling of being on such a high with him, and then to realize that we were losing things again and the depressed feelings were coming out.

There might have been a few transitioning parts, but then without a doubt Casey took her ground. Fishyman was the first thing that she'd brought up. She misses him terribly. I'm not sure how much longer before she had food on her mind. She remembered for us that fishyman had planned that we have Chinese Thursday night and that we'd have leftovers from there the next day or two. That's holding true. *Sigh* there is so much else to think from such a groggy start. How did we get here? I know, I know just missing the fishyman.

Hehehe I have to think ahead and I'll know that we'll get to that point where he's scolding us for something or another and we'll think ... ahh, but how peaceful it was throughout the week NOT to be scolded by anyone! Hmpf!

Hmm, the final part of this is going to be on Sunday night at 9 pm central time ... but it wouldn't let me record that so far away. Have to make sure to tell fishyman so he gets it down. I'm guessing he's going to set some channels when he gets home. I feel bad that all those fishy shows and West Wings were lost, but there wasn't anything else to do. It'll be ok, right?

Our eyes are still tired and sore from the crying. I think it was pretty much crying ourselves to sleep. SHHHH. Why are you doing this to us? Don't you think we should concentrate on something else? Why don't you go do our Mom stuff important stuff going on there, right?

Maybe some more coffee? What else do you need to get us into shape? I'm thinking maybe even a shower this morning? Be better than waiting all day? Maybe it would help us relax, don't you thinhk? DId you know that we had a very white snowstorm last night and it's still flurying hard? Very high density snow. I'm sure fishyman is not going to like that one!

Ok, maybe that shower deal is good for us, why don't we go try, hmm? And, if you don't straighten up ... we're going to do some housecleaning too!

NOOOOO! Not THAT! You heard me. Gotta pick up the mood. I'M GOING TO TAKE A SHOWER! FINE ... if you want. *Grumbling bad*

*Sigh* That seems better.

We had a fudsicle too ... just for good measure. AND, yes another cup of coffee. We've only got about a half hour of the show left, and then we'll probably turn it back to CNN. I'm not sure if we'll stay on the small computer or not, but it's been nice and familar feeling this morning to be on the couch with Sir kitty.

I think we're starting to slow down a bit as too the rumbly feelings that have been unnerving us this morning. Maybe now we'll be able to move on. Our eyes are feeling a little less heavy too ... We looked in the mirror in the bathroom and found them to be pretty bloodshot. They did good in the steam. They were starting to relax some.

I'm going to look forward to some stories coming from fishyman. He's going to have a whole lot to tell us about. We need to get used to him being gone, but the first time it was hard at the end. Hmm, we've probably covered that. Maybe we could talk about our other time traveler this morning. Thom is headed home today too.

As it turned out Alexis flight was canceled though she wasn't sure why. That meant that she wasn't going down and that Thom would be coming back on his own. I felt bad for him because the time would have been good for him to be with Alexis, but things will happen as they do and all is as it should be.

I got a chance to talk to Alexis again yesterday after work. She called as we were on our way home and we sat in the back just chatting for a bit before coming up. I think I came upstairs about 6 pm. I don't know why I get in that position where I don't feel I can talk and walk at the same time, but as long as it's going on let's make sure to say I have no problems sitting in the comfyness of the car without actually driving. It's very relaxing.

I was very happy to be talking to Alexis and I hope that we are able to keep it up. I think we can really help each other out. Hehehe maybe it's going to take two of us to figure out Thom. I won't go into all that conversation, but I was a little disappointed when she texted after we had eaten our dinner and was saying that Thom might not have liked us talking about him in the manner we had. I told her Thom shouldn't be blaming her and if he was having problems have him call us. We will call him in a little bit to see how he is doing. He's got a long day of driving ahead of him.

It seemed to be a night for calls ... Maury called too and my sister was texting at the same time Alexis was. CS was talking about having gotten her dress for Nathan's wedding. I'm thinking she's going to lose too much weight to have gotten it so soon, but maybe she'll be able to get the same thing in a different size later. She was saying that it would be tailored. I was happy for her excitement. She's only got one son to watch getting married. I know she's going to be very happy with her daughter-in-law.

Maury was calling to check up on Thom. I thought that was real nice for him. He got rigged into our upset over the recording and at one point had said something about it being hard to work with us when we were that way ... He explained something on the order of us being emotionally frail. I think that business really wrecked havoc. I'm glad it's over.

Hmm, I just left a message with Thom. It's almost 10 am, so we're thinking he's definitely driving by now. So proud of him for having graduated. I didn't understand that part before we were thinking for some reason he was graduating on Tuesday, but he actually finished yesterday. It will be so good to have that in back of him. Good Thom!

So between all these people I figured it's the most phone usage I've done in it's entire history of my phone. *Sigh* Because I was as tired as I was though, I took the majority of those messages from the lying down tucked under blanket position. Good ANN! Beside it made Sir Chief pretty happy!

AHA! We finished taping. We're pretty sure by the end that we got the same show, but we'd fallen asleep and hadn't seen a big portion so it had seemed new. We're ok, there's lots of space on the recorder now. *Sigh*

Now maybe we can concentrate more? Hmm, Tuesday we have to remember that the President is going to be on and there will be high coverage.

Hmm, just remembered that Thom had told Alexis that he'd go for some kind of marriage counseling. I just tried calling UIC, but they connected me to a number that wasn't picking up. I might have to wait until Monday morning when I can talk to Dr. Marvin. I'll ask if he can refer us to someplace, unless Thom and Alexis want to go somewhere else. It's just that I trust UIC and if I can get a reference I know it will be a good one. I would love it if Dr. Marvin could talk to them, but I'm not sure if that's possible. If they could come in with a session or two with me ... I'd give it to them without a moment's thought, but I'm thinking Dr. Marvin would want them to have someone that wouldn't be a conflict of interest.

I'll just wait ... Alexis reported the sooner the better. We had talked to her not directly about this, but we'd talked about having Dr. Marvin and how he'd helped us with life decisions. Thom has had a little background with psychological services so maybe he's reaching back to a time that would help. I think basically, he just wants to continue positively. I know he wants to be married. Just have to figure out avenues that might help. We'll have to see ... most of this almost all of it is going to fall on the two of them ... we'll just hope for the best and help when asked.

I think Alexis and Maury are working today ... and I'm not sure about Joe ... and then you know of Rich and Thom driving and then that only leaves us. What are WE doing? I had talked to Alexis and said that I was going to try doing some research work as to all the things that should be done before deployment. I have myself offered as an alternative dinner date for one or both of them tonight, but I think I'm on the secondary burner. It's ok, just wanted to make sure they were covered. I'm pretty sure as Alexis stated that Thom is going to be very tired when he comes in.

I really want to be available for them - especially Alexis I think we share something in our love of Thom and that of being both women. It seems like both of us have a lack of someone close to us of female persuasion and there's some good reason to think that that's where we could help each other out. Both of us have thoughts that are different and maybe more worrisome than our partners. Guys, don't always worry about the same things as we do. I'm really hoping - I introduced her to MarineParents.com. I think she had a negative experience the first time she looked, but maybe she'll stay with it and as one of those women type things we can talk about what we are seeing there. I would really like to know her and spend time with her.

Ok, we're falling back to all that space. You can tell that it worries us, but we're trying to preserve privacy too. This blog is about me ... and yes the affect of the world on me, but then I have to hold some confidences. Well, no not for the fishyman ... he's our key construct! Yay fishyman ... and yes we want to jump his bones! Ok, I know a little too much ... But, you have to know there might be a situation where that could come up too, right? Ok, girls. Shhh, time to calm down!

Ok, soooo that's where we're going to go in a bit, but we're still doing the first morning writing ... it's too soon to lose our way there yet, well maybe for a couple of minutes let me just peek in that direction.