Visit www.MarineParents.com, a Place to Connect & Share (tm)

Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Progressing the Morning

Good morning this is me. I hope you got some good sleep? I’m not sure I did in that I woke up with a headache. I’m used to fishyman turning off the TV for us after we’ve fallen asleep. And, of course were always interested in his snuggability. I know that’s not really a word, but it’s an important concept, right?

I had written last night so you have a view of the day and the evening. I won’t repeat all that. I should say that I am going to need paying attention this morning to work at work. I’m not really worried about the meetings this week, because most of them will be going over the sign language for the fundraiser. I worked out the gestures for the second song and I taught the first song to the main teachers of Kathy, Stephanie, Maria and Theresa. I had also gotten Karla last week … I am missing working with Group I, but I’ll get the group today and then sister has ok’d an idea that Maria had in using the staff training time to be learning the songs. I can do that with them and will look forward to it. They work hard to understand.

Maybe then too I’ll catch Margarita and Imelda. I’m thinking Imelda might pick it up fast … of the group Stephanie seemed to have the most confidence in learning.

I should try to get the gestures for the second song down today and I should look up the third and last song. It’s going to be a lot of work for the clients, but for the majority, they will just copy the gestures of those who are already doing it right. We’ll have to see. We really need to work on it because there’s only about a month left before the program. I might also want to try having them respond back in left to right sides of the group. I think we’ll have 20 to 24 people.

I think we’ll end up with a few from the lowest group and I thought that was important to get them some information so they can do their best when up with the group. There are only two clients from that group that might want to try, but then too they might just stand and do nothing which is ok, but I’d like to give them the opportunity to try. They’ll want to fit in.

Maybe I should take a shower now and then see where we are on the flip side. I’ll have to disturb this poor kitty in my arms, but he’s been here before and knows the rules. Hmm?

AHA! We’re back … it’s about 6:10 am now so we’ve got about 50 minutes before we need to do something. We found a pudding in the fridge so considered that good luck! God Bless fishyman and his pre-fish shopping!

Oh Lordy there are 17,000 troops being sent to Afghanistan. I’ve found out that although Thom is going to be going to Japan that they deploy from there. So, we’re going to need paying close attention. Well, pretty close at least as much as we can tolerate. I’ll be so glad to see Thom maybe as soon as next week … I’d like to call him today to find out if the graduation is going to be falling on Tuesday the 24th or not … I think that’s it. He’s done a good job not telling us anything about what he’s learning. I think he’s going to take his time coming back with Alexis in his car. I just love the hell out of those kids of ours.

This is what we’re talking about though with our memory. I can remember his mos is 2651, but I have to now go and look up on the Internet what that is I can’t keep it in my memory. Ok, I got it again … Special intelligence System Administrator/Communicator. I wish I could let this sink in. I know he’s a smart kid.

Job Description: Special intelligence communicators' duties encompass all aspects of special intelligence communications including the utilization of equipment. Special Intelligence communicators duties include support to: special compartment intelligence computerized network transmissions, network administration, cryptologic security, computer network defense, conducting preventive maintenance of assigned area network equipment and circuit connectivity, the transmission and receiving of special intelligence via the Defense Special Security Communications (DSSCS), and the Defense Messaging System (DMS). Communicators also maintain files, log special intelligence communications related publications and perform other operational and administrative tasks. Additionally, Marines assigned this MOS will receive training in MOS related requirements including unit unique computer security systems, the operation of power supply, equipment prime mover (truck), and operator vehicle maintenance procedures. This MOS will be assigned and voided only by the authority of the CMC (MM).

I think it’s kinda funny now, but I wonder if Kendra then would understand what Thom’s MOS is all about. I know she works with intelligence in the navy … I’m thinking she’d also understand Marine intelligence, especially as it all relates to computers. I also think it’s funny that Thom had a chance to work in Arlington but he didn’t accept because he preferred Japan, but I’m thinking Arlington is where Kendra is working. The world might be smaller than it seems.

Ok, girls … letting that go for awhile. She might not even call back and then we’ll be very disappointed for devoting so much emotional excitement toward maybe running into her. Be good now!

Ok, what else should be discussed? You know our fishyman news … right? I think we mentioned his fishing last night and getting skunked. I am really looking forward to being out with him. And, I think he’s looking forward to having me be there, especially because it will give him a chance to be figuring out his electronics.

It’s not that I would know more than him – which gives him a chance to figure things out on his own without any pressure to be doing fishing … like with Ron or Bob. I don’t know how far south we are going to go to get into good fishing weather.

Likely that Rich will have that all figured out.

We asked him about coming back into colder temperatures and what it might mean to his motor. I think he really likes the boat, but I wish the trolling motor was doing better. I’d like to think that he’s looking forward to taking me out because we’re so after fishing friendly Hehehe. Well there ARE benefits to having your private masseuse with you!

Hmm, Facebook is going back to their old privacy setting that’s good, they were trying to say that they had intellectual ownership of everything that was put on their site. But, about 30,000 some people signed up and complained so they rolled back to the old stuff. They went further out in asking the individuals to support by comments what kind of security features they’d like to see. That’s really business savvy of them. Not like AOL at all. They are making good their responsibility in trying to lessen the confusion that’s to be respected.

Hmm, Buy.com sent an email this morning saying they still weren’t resolved with the credit card issue so are canceling the order. They’ve asked that if we place another order we use a different billing method. I think that if I can figure out the money situation, I will wait and have it transferred over to our regular checking account. It might mean a trip to 3/5ths bank, but all this other stuff has been ridiculous. I look forward to moving on with that project.

This is another subject to let go until further notice. I’m not sure, but I also might switch from buy.com to Provantage. This is the place that has OneNote so cheap. We’re still going to sit out another day or two before calling H&R Block Card again to see what progress has been made in removing the authorization from Google. It sure is a pain … I’m not sure what caused all this in the first place, but we’re thinking we should have checked to make sure the money had cleared our account before having tried to use it. We’re not sure if this is it, but we are thinking it could have contributed to the trouble.

At least we’ve gotten over the feeling of needing the computer immediately. We’re satisfied that we are going to most likely get our money back sometime because no purchase has been exchanged. Just we have to be patient.

Oh, we mentioned that already … I’m sorry … moving on?

Wow … it’s warmer today for fishyman. At a 6:40 am temperature checks it seems to be already 67 degrees in Shreveport. Cool, cool. He said last night when he called he was outside in short sleeve shirt and in balmy weather. I have to admit we were envious. We remembered going to Arizona for the CARF meeting and how wonderful it was to be in nice weather after leaving such cold weather behind in Chicago.

WooHOO!!

I think at work today I would really like to progress the situation with the February Qnotes. I would like not to be getting behind again. That will be my top objective. Nothing else really to think about, except when push came to shove, we didn’t go to the gym again yesterday. We’re a little disappointed there because it’s now been two days since we’ve been … we need to get over this part that we are so tired and hungry we just want to go home. Where is our endurance? Did we ever have it? We’ve been considering going out after we come home and eat, but we know ourselves well enough so that it’s very hard for us to go out after we’ve been in.

It seems like we keep tossing these same problems and obstacles over and over again in our minds. We’re not making a whole lot of progress here. We did keep our gym bag at work, and we’d like to think we might give it another try tonight. Tomorrow will be the Dr. Marvin excuse so it would behoove us to give it our best tonight.

We need to be moving on with this right?

Ok, probably should be getting going. We’re thinking that we’ve got to get over our natural intimidations with the day in that … we’re going to need to stay motivated even after doing Group 1 … we’re very much looking forward to the new person so that we don’t have to do that every morning. I would like a clearer path to our goals.

Ok, that’s about it … let’s progress the day, right?