Visit www.MarineParents.com, a Place to Connect & Share (tm)

Thursday, October 23, 2008

Workin today on somethin

Good morning. This is me and we’re planning a more serious writing attempt though we don’t know if this is going to happen or not. But, we’re here. It’s now about 9:15 am. I had to work later than normal with group 1. Imelda was late by an hour in coming in. Blah! I had a little trouble with one of my troublesome clients, but we worked through it with her. I had to let her know there were boundaries and she was too close for comfort for either of us. Thankfully that all worked out.
We’ve been listening to Barack Obama in our right ear. I enjoy hearing his voice.

I would learn more by listening to the other audiobook, but it is not spoken of by Barack. Right now I like his stories in his voice … the emphasis is just right. He’s had a pretty cool life and he talks about the loves of his life too. He knows a lot of the way politics and history work. I’m so proud he’s running for President.

I’m not sure if I will call more people. I might want to save myself up for Saturday. We’re going back downtown. I’m hoping that Sweetie can drive us, but I’m not sure. It would be nice if he could drive us at least a little time. He says that he’s not going fishing with Bob, because its supposed to be cold and rainy. He says he will do his “Man-stuff” instead by going to play cards. Sheesh. He’s such a man! *Giggle* But, since that’s what I like to hug … better leave that one go!

Sister is gone for most of the day I think. I will have to ask Rosa when she’s expected back. I won’t have Thinking Group unless I know she’s there, because I don’t want to risk that something might go wrong. I might have to plan for a meeting in case she gets back early. We’ll have to see. Last week it took most of the day to put something together. I’m not sure how that is going to work today, but I know that I want to be writing for a bit. Not on anything in particular, I just miss it not getting done. I’m going to need to learn to turn off or at least down CNN so I can focus a little better. But, that’s not happening at the moment.

Rich is reminding me that we haven’t been to the gym all week. He’s right … Usually we get back to it at LEAST by the time the weekend rolls around, but that wasn’t available to us last week or this next. Tonight is a Dr. Marvin night so we’ll have to see about tomorrow. I’ve got the feeling that Rich is going to be out of town, but we’re not sure. Maybe if he’s going to a game, I could go with him? Not sure, I will have to see. At least with the iPod I’m more likely to sit around, because my mind can be kept busy. WOOHOO!!

I just can’t imagine how I had lived without it.

Today is a Thursday so the Thinking Group is here and working. That’s a good thing … I like to hear them in the background. They are very animated with Karla. They have a lot more personal space with themselves and with the staff than they had with Brandi. Karla treats them more like real people. She doesn’t mistake that they are clients, but she’s more focused to taking care of the needs and drawing them out into being learners. I like when she’s there.

Ahh, just took a moment there to write to the kids. Just let them know I was thinking of them, and then I planted a seed in Joe’s ear. I told him we might want to get together for Maury’s birthday. I will invite Alexis too. I’ll talk to Maury about it later in the day. I’d like to know if Joe is going to be there. Should clear up a date with Maury first though. I think I have a few more days until I can use money from the bank. I might have to stop by and withdraw something because I don’t have our credit card yet. At least that I know. It might be down in the mailbox. I should probably check that by Saturday morning. Don’t want to rush into these things, you know?

I only have enough for emergency money, but a birthday is pretty much an emergency.

Maury’s already mentioned he would like something he would need to buy with cash. I sure do wish I could give him at least $100, but I’m not sure if I can do $50. I think we have about $400 left, now maybe less because of gas. I know that this money has to last 22 days. I will have to pay some emergency type things like I’m worried about my gym and car insurance. Anything else will have to wait. I should be hearing by today or tomorrow that money isn’t automatically going through like some of my people are expecting. We’re going to need handling that when it comes.

If I can hold off paying most stuff, then there will be about $100 for gas, $100 for insurance, $50 for the gym. That’s the major stuff. All the regular bills are going to have to wait until the following month. This next check on the 1rst, is only going to work for rent and car payment. Hmm, $50 will need to be saved toward the car payment from this check. I can’t believe we are so close to Christmas.

Please let me figure out how to pull some $100’s together. 3 for the boys, 2 more for the girls, 1 for Alex and 1 for the granddaughters. Oh Lordy … Where am I going to get $700? I’d have to skip another month on bills. Can I do that? I think I’m going to be real indebt if I do. I think I’ll get $200 from my mother. So that means I only have to come up with $500. That means $800 bills can be paid. That would help.

Maybe … But, the problem is that I don’t think I have enough money for Maury. Maybe if we could do $100 and then give him the change from dinner. He would help me keep it down and maybe we can suggest going out for breakfast that isn’t as expensive … unless he wants to go to the place that does gummy bear pancakes. YEEKS!

Ok, that will bring us down to about $20 in the bank, but that’s what’s going to need happening. I have to be careful not to put the hospital bills back until after Christmas. It’s got to be one or the other. They have years to collect from me, so they’ll just have to wait. Boys need some kind of Christmas. I wish I could do more … and then we have to worry about Thom’s Christmas. I think he might have 10 days at home. Maybe he and Alexis will pool together their $100’s and put that toward the plane. I’d still have to take them out once, so that’s going to need being another $100. I wonder if this year, we could invite the family over and we could ask Rich to make dinner. I could tell him I will help. It would be sooo
cool.

Especially, if I am invited to his mother’s for Thanksgiving, surely we can have a Christmas here. I think Rich might feel good about pulling a meal together, but maybe he’ll feel bad because it’s not his family. We could make sure he knows that he might be loosing Thanksgiving turkey skills by not doing something. I think its pressure on him, but WE WOULD HELP! Well at least by keeping him company. I’ve always imagined getting everyone together. Lordy … how could we put 10 people together? Maybe we’d have to clear off the counter and set some people there. It would be inconvenient for preparation though. We could let people sit in the living room? Hmm, that would take care of 8 people with maybe the girls eating at the little table.

Hmm, might be stretching things, but I sure would like to try. I think literally we’re 9 people, but I always like to count in Alex. When I see Rich next, I will ask him. I sure hope we can get Thom home. I’m not sure where he will be in school by then, but I’m fairly sure they close down Corry Station for at least 20 days. 10 days for the first set, and then they come back and the second set goes for 10 days.

Ok, we just checked MarineParents.com … we made a clarifying correction, but that’s about it.

Just sitting back with Barack Obama a little. It’s already 10:12 am. I wonder where Rich is going to be today. We’re now going through that lonely part where we are missing him. It would be a lot easier if my only chore was to stay home and make him happy. I know I can’t do that, because I cost about $2,600 a month … and that money has to come from somewhere. Hmm, that’s an interesting thing. I cost $2600 a month, plus we pay $400 a month for our part of insurance, so that means I pay $3000 a month. Hmm, didn’t appreciate I’m so expensive. The thing then would be to think … what else could I do to get $3000 a month?

I wonder if I could get a job with Obama’s candidacy. Most of the people he’s got already can organize. I could do that. I would have to figure out what would make me more proficient than anyone else. Especially, since he’s going to be in Washington and he’s not going to be doing a campaign. Is he going to keep any staffer? Most of them are just kids. Many more computer literate, but I can be pretty useful if I wanted to be. I’d rather do easier chores at this time. I think I could put out time, but I want it to be more satisfying.

I think I have a satisfying job because its working with people, but really the most of my job is just taking care of some kind of paperwork. I told Sr. Theresa long time ago and then since then that I don’t want to keep doing Qnotes and Annuals.

Now we find we are behind in those things and CARF is getting then that much more behind. It isn’t going well at all. I have to think of some way of getting through it, but that would mean I have to work on something serious and I can’t seem to get past this point that I want to think of just whatever is in my mind.

Mostly, I just want to experience things that come to me and then write about them.

Why is this so hard to get? Isn’t there some other way to make $3000?

Hmm, we’re back. We were looking at stuff to make $3000 from home, but they all looked like they wanted my money *whimper*

Then we went into watch the group for lunch, but discovered sister was back so I didn’t have to do that. WOOHOO!!! I asked her if there was going to be a staff training session, and she said yes if a couple of staff made it back in time, but then after I started to prepare – I was going to do something on moral decisions – then she said she was going to cancel it. So that was like GREAT!!! In the meantime, Karla said she was looking at one of her client’s goals we’d tried to set up with her last week, so we did that.

It was a fun goal. I was setting up one of the clients – I think our brightest client to do a new blog. Oh man – you know that’s going to please us. So with Karla back of our shoulder, we helped the client in just a couple short steps. He chose his skin … I could have guessed it … It was a sharp black number hehehe. Then we ran him through the basics and let him see a sample word I had him type in. He did that and it worked great. He really liked his new blog. He’d been introduced to the AOL Journals, but that was now going down. So after sister had them helping her unload some boxes, he came back and typed out his work paragraph, he’d worked on with Karla in the morning, and then we showed him the picture function. He said he wanted to get a new picture, so he found a sports one of the World Series game.

That was easy to negotiate for him … he was quick at picking it up. This is his page.



Ahh … a picture says a thousand words. Pretty isn’t it … You can see why he might be so proud. This is the client that we helped get a computer at home as one of his goals. His mother was great. She is letting him use some of his work income to pay for Internet. So this person can be at home and look at his journal – and add to it whenever he wants. He wrote down the address so he could check that out. There’s nothing I say like having your own presence on the web. What would I have been without it.

*Sigh*

Ok, you … let’s be moving on with it. K? Where are you now? Hmm, ok, sorta soaking in the glory of what this client is doing. Gotta move on. He and the rest of the group and center are at Town Hall now so the teachers are doing their own thing to get caught up. I got a buy with the staff training. Now there is only a little less than two hours and I can go to Dr. Marvin’s and do something. What something? I don’t know. Could think about that for a bit.

I wish I had something more to eat. I’ve been getting hungry lately. I don’t know where that is coming from, but I’m ruining my tummy. I think it’s getting bigger.

I need to get back to the gym, but I don’t want to think of that. Let someone else in us do it! HMPF!

Anything to eat? Hmm, We got a V8 I guess that’s something … have to swish it up a bit before we swallow. I know … more Ann being Ann. Let it go.

Hmm, we found something else a while ago while we were looking for money. It was kinda neat … it was a writing site that paid small amounts of money like $10-20 for articles, but it’s like competitive with other writers. I think it was called, hmm… Helium. Let’s see if I can get there on a Helium.com. Oh oh … yup, yup you can.

Am I signed on? I guess I gotta log on.

Ahh here it is. Seems like there will e some reading to do to learn how it all works.



Unfortunately … it seems like there are only 3-4 publishers and the one usually pays about $10. But, I might try it anyway. They are looking for about 3 pages of article titles and one of them is due October 31rst on how to cross-country ski. Man … I gotta be able to write something like that, right? I think the thing said they might accept 3 stories and there are only 4 stories so far. I don’t know if I can read them first or will have to go straight at it. We’ll see. I only have a half hour before Dr. Marvin so I’m getting a little jittery.

Ok, let’s move on, right? I should probably read more articles to figure out what level is good and bad. Just if they took ONE of my articles … I could then say I’m a professional writer. That could go a long way. Like to see something I think turn out in a magazine. Glossy, you know? If anyone is interested in writing … ahem … go to helium.com. OK now REALLY move on to something else.

Ok, usually we don’t think consciously of things we talk to Dr. Marvin about until after we get there and are sitting on his spare couch. Should today be any different? We’ve got this long-running deal now on this secret that we don’t necessarily want to tell him. BUT, now after being so psychologically mannered – we have to wonder if avoiding this is part of us avoiding other things like the gym and work? AHA! See you thought I wasn’t looking. I might have to ask him that unless I can answer it ahead of myself. So, let’s have the direct question?

Is avoiding the secret causing us to avoid work and gym?

Ok, yes that’s pretty direct.

Maybe I better just go. 