Visit www.MarineParents.com, a Place to Connect & Share (tm)

Tuesday, October 28, 2008

This is not getting any easier is it?

Good morning this is me. And I’m here trying to get on with my life. I’m at work and its already about 10:50 am. I’m not all sure of what’s happened to me this morning, but other than having been with group 1 the first hour, I’ve been here kinda groping my way along.

Mmm, we just had our pudding. We figured we were close enough to lunch and we knew we’d not had a snack since breakfast. Breakfast this morning was an English muffin with peanut butter. Speaking of food, Rich decided that we should eat out last night, so I volunteered that it might be a good night for his Bohemian restaurant.

He loves the breaded pork tenderloins and dumplings. Eh go figure. We had our normal meal, which is usually stuffed peppers and mashed potatoes. Love those things and they make them fairly well.

Last night we’d gotten home from work about an hour before Rich came home to go out for dinner. We watched CNN and tried to catch up with the days speeches. Nothing too exciting there. We’ve been listening to Barack’s second book – or maybe more like my second book of his and his third book? I’m not up to speed on that. It’s the one narrated with the other speaker other than Barack. I’m appreciating it more this round. Part of what we were doing this morning was catching up with mybarockobama.com, twitter, and facebook. I know … we’re just like this.

We also did something a little out in left field. We sent in a message to Obama’s campaign to figure out what an intern position would involve. I don’t know if it’s not something just that a younger college person would do, for example as a part of his education plan. I was thinking if it just meant a more dedicated effort that I might be able to participate. One way or another, we sent them our resume. Maybe sometime later today, we’ll hear back from that to see what’s going on. It be cool to get involved.

The reason that I thought about it was that at the campaign headquarters over the last couple of weeks I had noted that the guys and gals helping out – well some of them I’d noted were wearing badges that said they were interns. Again I don’t know if it’s just for young folk getting their way through school who volunteer whole days, and we don’t know but am thinking that interns would work after Barack becomes President. If I thought I could do this without hurting him – still worry about my disability background, well I’d give them some time. Be kinda cool. I hadn’t thought before about interns at the home state – especially since he’s here in Chicago, because we’d been thinking more of them in Washington like the terrible intern Monica Lewinski. That kinda thing would be a disaster.

I’m still reassured – I don’t know if I mentioned it during my last entry, but I ran into the lady at the door who held a strong role in the campaign. She said that she was taking down some names of people who’d like to work after the election. She said something about making International calls to search for validating information for something or another. I don’t know if something like that is possible in that I only speak English, but if I thought it was helping I’d give it a try. So, unless I know differently we’re plugged in a couple of places. We’ll have to wait and see.

It be cool to have a more regular position. If I could get paid something that be even cooler, but I don’t think this kind of thing gets paid. It’s more important that I support the leadership of my guy.

Hmm, I wonder if it was today that we were supposed to watch the lunchroom at 11:45 pm. I better plan on that. Holly was in here just a few moments ago, because Sr. had told her something I’d passed on. One of our clients took the lunch of his driver – so that had to be taken care of. I made sure the lunch came back and told Sr. who told Holly, so then I told Holly and since its her client we are like done with all that deal. Little thing. Lots of little things in this job.

Well of the job were still doing. Hmm, there. I just switched my doctor’s appointment on Thursday. Ok, good … we made a sheet saying the days that we are going to need off. It also means that I’m going to be working tomorrow, but Thursday through Tuesday – 6 days is off and then the following Thursday will be half off too. There was one more ½ day in December, so that makes 2 sick days, 1 personal, and 2 vacation. It’s ok. Some of that time is for medical – three doctor appointments, but there are two days for Missouri and 1 day we decided to take off for the Election. I’m pretty sure we can volunteer somewhere. We might want to volunteer at the Illinois democratic center.

AHA! We volunteered. There’s only about a dozen volunteers so far – at least from the list on-line. I volunteered for Last Call for Change at the Illinois Headquarters on Tuesday 11-4-08 between 9 and 7 pm at 566 W. Lake Street, Chicago.

WOOHOO!!!

I know the numbers are especially down because there is a lot of talk of people being at Grant Park – Just in case he’s elected … it will be a pretty big bash that I’m sure I don’t want any part of. Hopefully Rich can get into Chicago for me. I’m not sure how happy he is going to be about it, but I really want to be a part of something big for the night. How on Earth could I count it in any regular manner.

I know I’d be consumed in a group as big as that which is going to fill Grant Park.

I don’t know whether I’ll be far enough away not to get inundated by the crowds.

The hope then is that I can come home and eat and watch the rest of the night on CNN. Better to watch Grant Park by TV. I wish I was young and strong and grounded enough to do a night like that, but I’m really pretty sure I can’t or that Rich would say – no way in hell.

I do want to spend some time with Obama people on that night because Rich isn’t going to be any fun. He isn’t going to want to be excited with me and that would feel like a cold wet blanket, or he could be a red hot blanket and want to refocus my attention. Yeeks not on that night!

Ok, so we need to calm down again. As it turned out Sister did not need me in the lunchroom, but I looked ok for showing up. She’d just handled a problem and wasn’t very sparkly, so we just dodged out of that site all together. I wrote down all those dates I’d be gone – ON A FULL SHEET OF PAPER … she’d complained last time – soooo, I will slip it to her desk probably sometime later in the day. I don’t want to deal with her on it until after she’s calmed down. Maybe she doesn’t mind when we’re not here, but my 2 days off turned into 4 – and I’m not sure how she is going to think about that. Don’t want to worry about it though.

So, we’re all set … we thought maybe we could volunteer on Thursday too, but then we’d have to get there mid-day and we’d have to miss Dr. Marvin’s appointment. We are not going to do that. Then on Friday morning we’ll be off with Rich. Ok, good … think this is going to work. The only thing now is if I could miss next Friday.

It’s going to be the administration meeting which will bring up getting work done contradictions. BUT, if it works out – it is the day for first aid and we can’t miss that. Ok, just fixed that. We scheduled off ½ day Friday morning and we made sure to call both the First Aid guy and the diabetes guy. We’re trying, but we sure need some help.

I’m sitting here now in the conundrum part in that I can say I know I should be working, but I am not working. I just want to get out of my regular responsibilities it seems. I’m having a hard time tying it together in that work is something I have to do. My thoughts on this now is that if I can get by with not working that’s what I should do. I worry because I know I need money to survive and this job is better than most … it’s just that I don’t want to work even if I know it’s something I should be doing. It doesn’t seem to be something I can fit inside my brain. I’m just an illusionist in being someone who wants to look like she’s working – to keep me out of trouble, but I just don’t feel attached to it all the right way.

I don’t know at this point if I should be thinking more of the other stuff that we’re avoiding.

Hmm, we’ve been gone for a bit now. It’s about 1:15 pm. I just took a couple of calls for creditors calling. They are being patient with me. I told both and meant it that I will reschedule both as soon as we get in the middle of the month check.

I guess it’s only a couple of weeks. Just got to hold on to that. I put $15 in the gas tank today which is all the money that I had. I still have some money in the new bank, but I’m holding onto it for just the barest necessity of things. Right now I don’t know even how to get into that account. I’d have to think very hard about what bank … Maybe like First National Bank of Brookfield? Let me try that out.

Wow! That worked … I somehow remembered after getting there after a few moments how to get into the account. It seems I have $416. I think I remember trying to figure out what to do with the money again. I think I need money for gas in a couple of days and I’m going to need money for the doctor appointment day for parking. Then I’m going to need needing like $50-55 dollars to go toward the car payment – cover the first of the month check that’s paying for the car and apartment. This has been a pretty bad spell for money. But, it’s going to get better right? I have to take out rent, car, gas, parking, gym, and Maury. How much money is that? $900, 455, 30, 15, 50, 100 … is there anything else? Now we gotta figure out the how much money we have part. If there is 1300 from the check and 416 – that makes $1716. The bill part is … 1550. That means I’ll have 166 left in the account. Just gotta think if there isn’t something else we’re going to need money for. I think it will be just another $50 or so for the next week’s gas and parking. Maybe we’ll make it. I sure hope so.

It’s just that there are going to be double bills on almost everything. Somehow though we just gotta get through this. But this kinda thinking is too hard for us to do. Maybe we should remember something though. We should remember there are 6 things to pay for … let’s see if I can do it from memory. Rent – 1, car – 2, gas – 3, parking – 4, umm. I know gym – 5, Maury – 6. That should be it.

Rich brought home some stuff from the downstairs mailbox. There’s a lot of envelopes. I’m not sure when I’m going to be able to go through that, but I suppose there should be a goal. Maybe we could open them Thursday morning since my doctor’s appointment isn’t until 11 am. That would help – to get it together before we go on vacation. Cuz then I don’t have to worry about it sneaking into my brain. I did find $2 in my bag when I looked for who I’m supposed to pay money too … the thing we saved from our old bank account. I guess that must be at home. It made me shut the bank stuff because I won’t be able to do anything with it.