Visit www.MarineParents.com, a Place to Connect & Share (tm)

Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Ok, we're on our way - On schedule - Please say a prayer

Dear Dr. Marvin,

We are still here. It's now 6:45 am and we're on schedule. We need to be packing the car in a half an hour and leaving at 7:30 am, so we can pick up Joe at 8 am. to be heading to MN. We wrote ourselves a list ... the only things that remain are:

Remember fridge bag
Fill coffee cup
turn off computer
remember keys
Don't forget to mail Thom
enjoy coffee - doing that now
eat yogurt - doing that now
Write to Dr. Marvin - doing that now
use washroom
pack car at 7:15 am
leave house at 7:30 am
pick up Joe at 8:00 am

Thinking we got it under control :)

We got sitting at the back door a big suitcase, the camera bag, the CPap bag, and our white canvas bag for little purse, pills, books, writing supplies, and other various carry-ons :) - Dog is in the suit case.

Remember if your not sure where we are at ... check in with the blog we're going to try posting there if we can while we're away. Just to keep sane. But, I like the idea of writing you. Most likely, we will write to you and a copy of that email will get copied over to the blog. It's much easier to focus on you, Rich or Lynn I think. Lynn is my new goodest friend from Marineparents.com. Her son is in another platoon, but she and i get along real good. I really like her.

Oh oh ... now its 7:15 already ... Rich has brought a few things down stairs ... I'd almost forgotten we needed instructions. So I just wrote them out. But, it's time to go ... so wish us the best and maye add a prayer. Thank you for taking such good care of us.

Mi





--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Need a new ride? Check out the largest site for U.S. used car listings at AOL Autos.

-----------------
Forwarded Message:
Subj: Re: How Are You
Date: 4/21/2008 9:36:48 P.M. Central Daylight Time
From: lynnsmith77@yahoo.com
To: Aynetal3@aol.com
Sent from the Internet (Details)



Oh baby Girl!

Your letter was SO full, no worries, I love letters!!!!

First, I went Boo Yah on the surgery! I am so happy for you. Everything is going to be fine! I promise. Just take a deep breath and one step at a time...ok all of you listening??? Good! HEHE We all love all you guyz.

I am sorry to hear about the family issues, wish I could tell you that you are the only one with psycho relatives....*sigh* but I am sorry to tell you that you have no corner on that market. LMAO!!!!!

Rich sounds like a wonderful man! I Am glad that you will not have to spend any extra time with family. You are going to be there to pay your respects to your grandmother and let her know that you love her (which She already knew) You are no there to impress, get along or even pretend to be nice to anyone. Just take a deep breath and keep things in persepective. It is wonderful that Sensei Joe is going!!!! He should keep you centered and happy as much as the circumstances allow.

I am glad you enjoyed shopping So much! It sounds like quite the adventure! And I think you are going to look StunningQ!!!

Try not to worry too much about dieting, everything is going to work out. Just put one foot in front of the other and focus on the task at hand. I am so Happy that you are going to be able to get the surgery, I really believe it will change your life. And I speak from seconf hand experience of being the friend of someone who's mother had it done. It is an adjustment---but the changes happen quickly after the surgery, and you will adjust. You have a wonderful and supportive partner. Look forward to the adventure. So, do I talk to much sorry. I just really believe it will be a Great event in your life!

So NOT let stupid realitives that you never see, and who have no bearing on your life or who you are get into your head and mess it up. Whatever they think is just that. whatever they think. It has no affect on you or yours, no matter how hard they try to make it seem like they matter....does that make sense.

hang in there, and please keep in touch and let me know how you are doing OK. I am with you as are all the people in your life who love you for what you are...OK .... OK

AM I any help? I hope so. i Pray for your health and well being during this difficult time.

Love and Hugz!!
Lynn

--- On Mon, 4/21/08, Aynetal3@aol.com wrote:

From: Aynetal3@aol.com
Subject: Re: How Are You
To: lynnsmith77@yahoo.com
Date: Monday, April 21, 2008, 7:31 PM


Dear Lynn,

*Sigh* Dear, Dear, Dear ... why do we keep missing! I'm still at home. It's about 6:30 pm now I'm going to be on the road tomorrow morning about 7:30 am. The plan is ... that I will have COMPANY!!! I stayed the extra day to give my youngest son Joe a chance to ask properly for the time off and he GOT IT! This is Sensei Joe. He is just the best company! There was a little more pushing from Rich ... He wanted me to spend as little time with family in MN as possible. My mother has Narcissistic Personality Disorder and its very hazardous on my health. As to my siblings ... God only knows what they've got, but I'll only be dealing with one. Word is he's chumming with a cousin and most likely won't have much to do with us. So be it in Nutteyville.

I'm sooooo glad Joe's coming ... he's soooooo sane~! Before he was coming and now I'm glad because he's coming I got a hotel that was only $125, but it has a double whirlpool and a double room, with couch and a fireplace. We'll be bringing up a laptop and trying to hook it up to the Internet and with all that I hope to achieve relaxation in between things. Dr. Marvin says maintain boundaries, keep mindful of where we're at, I'm to have no breakdowns, just pay my respects, and stay healthy. He says I can email him every day if I want and that he thinks I should be ok and that he'll be waiting to talk to me when I get back. I just keep repeating this over and over. Oh yeah ... breath deeply!

Do I have any Lynnadvice now? I'm taking notes for the trip ON PAPER... Not taking any chances EVEN with computers. And you KNOW they are my mainstay.

Rich was so sure that he didn't want us to spend one more day up in MN and we wanted to go this morning ... that he through caution to the wind. He said he would give us $100 to go shopping today if we stayed home an extra day. Man-o-man ... he's never given me a bribe before! We crumpled like putty. All our admirable aims fell to the wayside. But, I got a new dress! It's actually pretty simple. Nice Black and white print, pleated front, loose apron and it was only $35 ... the cost enveloped with the accessorizing. I hate it when my back end sticks out as if on purpose, so I found a real nice airy sweater - all white with a nice low round collar. Then there was the stuff like slips and such and stockings ... I looooooked at necklaces, but I figured in the end ... I don't own one yet, might as well not start.

But, I dared to ask the girl ... I always have a good talk with the help ... I told her I'd heard something on the Internet lately that woman over a "certain" age weren't supposed to be wearing scrunchies in their ponytails ... LIKE WHAT!?? Damn! So, I asked her what we were SUPPOSED to be wearing ... she said she never heard of the rule, but that clips and barrettes were the way to go. They didn't have any - so we were off to Walgreen's. We attacked that sales help lady too ... no time to mess around ... it was just a young girl. Ok, no time to make friends ... let's just get into it. I'm seeing relatives I haven't seen for 25 years. I don't wear make-up, but I have a blemish ... HELP what do I do ... they're uppidity!

She tried to confuse me with brands. She started to list them and I said in a panic - yeah that one. Lordy doesn it make a difference! I went with the 2 for 1 because the girl couldn't tell me if I needed the light or the dark and how the hell did I know??? - dark works better we found out later. I told her I didn't have much time ... my legs were going to give out ... lead me to her hair things and show me what I needed. That proved ineffectual because she had other customers, but she pointed out a few things. Wow! Let me tell you Lynn ... there are marvelous things going on over there in the Barrette section of the store. I got out of there with only 5 packages. Pswhoo. I couldn't wait to come home and try them out. I had one in by the time I left the parking lot ... just wanted to see if it would hold. Jimminy Crickets what a job it did!

The first two sets are rather plain mid-size plastic ones - one brown and one black (pairs). That's for when I'm wearing my regular stuff. Then there was this really nifty one I found that was a tiny bit bigger. Kind of like circles on the outside - four with quarter moons on the inside 2 facing either direction and it was brown plastic too, but it was - Not ploished, but the opposite - dusty looking. I really liked that effect - really mellow. MAN OH MAN nothing of the last two ... I got as glitsy as a girl can glitsy up! Right now I have on the dress and sweater to show Rich, and I have on the decorator pearl one ... it's only a smallish medium size and the pearls - these aren't real Lynn ... i got it for $4. But, they are small and tiny and pretty. THEN the LAST one Pswhoo. Might as well call me the Queen of Sheba! It's actually just a little bit bigger than the moon one. it's got old antique delicate metal pieces swirlying inside loops, Small ones and Each loop almost each is holding a delicate topaz like stone ... Just end of the pin big. But, in the center of this design about 2 1/2 inches wide and 1 1/4 high there is a small teddy bear eye size jewel and there is one on each size like a cross, but it is index nail finger size, and one more on either side of the width ones. It is BEAUTIFUL!!! We are going to wear it with our what do you call that color? Kinda tanny like color skirt, blouse and jacket. The outfit is so outrageously plain and the clip is did I mention GORGEOUS! I know only $4 gorgeous, but that really counts too ya know!

Ok, ok ... so maybe we're way more into the drug store than we should be ... Umm, well yes. We bought $225 worth of drugs too. But, we had a lot more fun with the clips!

Ok, ok ... I'm really taking up your time here. But, I wanted to tell you first ... Rich doesn't even know this yet, although he's on his way home - to see our beautiful hair? yes dear that's right :) BUT, we checked the mail on the way up ... although there WASN'T a letter from THOM ... THERE WAS a letter from the insurance Company and you know what?????????????????????????????

I"M APPPROVED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yup yup ... I think I am. There might be some catchy language, but they'll have to figure that out. It says I'm eligible for benefits under the plan. I have a $250 deductible, out of pocket $1000. max of 5 million lifetime and that's all she wrote! WOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOO!

I wanted to tell you and i'm going to tell Dr. Marvin, but I don't think Rich will be as happy. AND, it means seriously I have to get the diet under control FAST. Like while I'm away. But, maybe that's not good timing... We'll see. Joe eats sensible ... I'll have to call the lady at the surgeon's office tomorrow when I'm on the road, and I'll have to ask Rich to fax the letter to her. She's the one that sets the appointment ... the only problem is going to be the weight and coming up with $1250. But, one thing at a time. Think at this point ... the earliest it could be is probably after Thom gets back. We'll have to see ... We need to get on the scale tomorrow morning and take serious note. I need to be at 305 -310 I think. I might be like at 320. Oh Lordy ... I'm at 317. We have to be serious. Oh oh Rich is here ... gotta go. Maybe we'll spot you tonight

LOVE
Ann