Visit www.MarineParents.com, a Place to Connect & Share (tm)

Monday, April 21, 2008

Kind of stumbly here.

Good morning,

This is me. Thank you special someone for your note. It’s very much appreciated. Today will be the start of trying to sort things through. I will try to write primarily to my blog this week and to Thom, but that’s it. I left a note saying that I will be gone this week to the people at the message board. I’m pretty sure that we’re going up to MN. Things are starting to come together that way.

I’m not sure where I’m at here … it might take some time to pull things together. Trying to clear some thoughts … Being a little confused by the TV in the background. Rich is watching the news show we usually watch on Sunday mornings. But, I don’t want to do that kind of time commitment this morning, because there is so much to think through. Yesterday was very surreal. It would be hard to remember it.

I need to start somewhere and then just start progressing. Hmm. Maybe just the news from MN. My mother called about quarter after 12 yesterday and she said that they had checked on my Grandmother at 9:30 am. and when they went back in at 9:50 am, she was gone. My mother wasn’t there so maybe that was a good thing. My Grandmother wasn’t one to go away with a crowd. I would have guessed she’d slip away on her own. The call wasn’t very long. It was just a few moments. My mother said she was going to be going back to MPLS this morning (Sunday) to take care of my Grandmother’s room, although she said they’ve been taking things out recently.

Later … about an hour or two I called her back again and told her that maybe she could call me at the end of the day and let me know what was happening. I apologized for the previously short call, but that I hadn’t known how to handle it. I think she appreciated that opening. I don’t remember the rest of that call. I don’t think it was very long.

Then last night she called back – maybe between 8-9 pm … I was with Rich. He got my note pad for me and we wrote down some information. She would be going to Diane’s the neighbor’s this morning I’m going to write down the number here just to have it handy (763) 427-1798. Remember to edit this out later. They were going to leave after church. She said the tentative plans were to have the review on Wednesday between 5-8 pm and 4 pm for the immediate family. Then there would be a review the next morning between 10-11 am, and then the funeral would be at 11 am that Thursday. She said that her brother Butch had been in about 3 weeks previously and they’d picked out the casket and vault, etc and made all the arrangements. She said they transferred the funeral to the cemetery so there wouldn’t be a long procession to there.

I asked about what was going to happen on each of the days. She said today was again cleaning up of the room. She said there were a few things like the yarn she’d been using to crochet and some clothes. She was concerned with her last quilt made and the last blanket crocheted. She was going to take that to the review. She said that she would be covered with a prayer shawl that my cousin Marsha had made her that she took great comfort in. Then on Monday they would be at the mortuary and with her sister-in-law my Aunt Judy they would pick out the clothes, arrange the lunch for after the funeral, and a few of those kinds of details. Tuesday seemed to be a day to take care of just anything that might come up – maybe family things, and then the details mentioned above. She said that the hard days would be Wednesday and Thursday.

My mother said that her brother Wes would be staying in Shell Lake – just a couple of hours East of the cities (Coon Rapids – NE of the cities actually). He has a couple of homes there for his family and himself. Her brother Butch’s wife’s daughter got married that morning in Pennsylvania so they were going there and then traveling back to IN where apparently they live. I might imagine they will stay in WI with his brother when they are here … or they might hotel it in Coon Rapids, it’s hard to tell. I don’t know what’s all happening.

I forgot to ask where Connie Sue and Scott my brother and sister are going to be. They are more than likely going to show up, but they are both living in WI and more likely to sidle up to my Uncle in WI than face my mother in Mpls. I’m not sure. I think my sister is in communication with my mother, but I don’t think my brother is. He is in communication through my Uncle Wes’ son – Cousin Steve. It’s more likely going to be a false thing. He’s going to come in like he’s very big and supportive and in charge, but I don’t want anything to do with him. He’s all pretence.

Pshwoo … I’m back. I’ve been away for a long while. It’s about noon now. We we’re doing stuff like laundry and a lot of talking with Rich and then we did our omelet thing and then we took our shower. We should be leaving here in about a half an hour. Rich is just finishing a conversation with his mother. He still needs to take his shower. And, then we should be good to go. I’m glad we were delayed the half hour. We were trying to give Joe the extra time to get home and shower. Finally, we got in touch with him. He was at a “He-man” game for the weekend with his cousin Luke. That’s what Maury called it. Maury did what was needed to switch the time with his girls and the sitting, which was pretty cool of him. So, most things are set.

There might be some new development though. During the time we’d rented our hotel. It seems pretty nice. It’s in Coon Rapids where my Grandmother had lived and where my mother is staying … It’s called an AmericInn and for reference sake its at 3430 Northdale Blvd at 763-323-0010.
www.amerinn.com. We got the rooms for Monday through Friday Morning April 21-April 25th (Thom’s Birthday) That’s 4 nights. It cost $125 a night with $50 tax for $550. The room is a large double type room with a 2 person whirlpool, king size bed, sofa sleeper, mini-fridge and micro and a fireplace.

Pretty cool, hmm? I see in the corner of one of the pictures that the whirlpool is open in the same room as the bed and fireplace, etc. … now the good news part … MAYBE??? Joe MIGHT be able to come with me!!!!