Visit www.MarineParents.com, a Place to Connect & Share (tm)

Thursday, June 26, 2008

Little queezy around the gills this morning

Good morning. This is me. If by chance you try to be getting ahold of me, I think that my email box is eating my mail. I’m not even getting advertisements. Not one … and I usually get a ton of them. Not sure what to do, but I may have to reload AOL. We’ll see.

We just saw Rich off. He was in the shower at 5 am when I woke up. So, we made coffee and then when he got out, we loitered around the room watching him get ready. That’s one of our favorite things to do. We try not to cheer, but Pswhoo.

Steamy! Then by quarter after 5 he was out the door. He’s moving pretty efficiently now days with the new work. I’m proud of him, plus he was setting up all the things he’s got yet to b doing for the trip. This is his last day home. Sure going to miss him, but we’re going to be tough … remind us of that later down the road, k?

Yesterday went pretty good all told. I was with Sr. first thing … and she told me something … hmm, I think Candice is supposed to take her class on Saturday, and come back Monday, but I think Sr. is going to give her a review as soon as she gets here. I’m not sure all of what’s going to happen, but I’m pretty sure its not going to be a good review. Our point is that we’ll do the extra work, if she doesn’t stay. There are other considerations Sr. has to make in that Brandi won’t be coming back and we don’t know how long Sue will be out. She could come back today or 6 weeks from now … It’s all going to depend on how badly she needs money. I don’t know what she’s planning. Also Sr. Patricia leaves on Saturday. I guess we’re getting back Sr. Florine. We’ve had her before … She doesn’t do much of anything, but gossip and spend time on the phone. I like her, but I don’t think a whole lot of her as a business partner. I don’t know if she’s going to be in the group.

Sr. Theresa interviewed one lady last night. I don’t remember her name. She came highly recommended though by one of our volunteers. I can already see Sr.’s mind working and she’s figuring out how to slip her into the rotation. I think she wants to give Brandi the opportunity to come back, but in general I think she liked the woman. I met with them and talked yesterday in Sr.’s office. I like her and would hope she could do the job. There’s a question though on earnings. She already makes $11 an hour and gets benefits like medical paid. Sr. wouldn’t want to offer her more than $11 because of her general scale paid to others. So, it’s iffy if the woman would want a job with us. It be more work, and the woman will be going to school trying to complete her BA. She already has an associate. She’s coming from San Miguel our local parish school where she’s been an aide for 8 years. I think she’s looking for something more or different, but I don’t know if her heart is with adults. She prefers little kids – though she’s been teaching 7th graders. We’ll have to see how Sister negotiates. The woman seems eager to come in and give it a try as early as Monday. But, Sister is not sure if there will be a regular teacher in there, so is hesitant to say ok. I wouldn’t put the woman off for long. She seems like a nice person.

Yesterday, we were all over everywhere. Our basic day went from watching the doors and Group 1 from 7:30 am to 9 am. Then we went to the office and finished up preparing for the Annual meeting. The mother and CSO person Kathy got in 10 minutes before the hour, so they had to wait a moment as I stapled together the literature I pass out. It turned out to be pretty good. I had the agenda, DSP notes, and then her two goals spread out in detail. Sr. only popped her head in because Rosa wasn’t in and she needed to watch the front, and then Holly had taken kids to work and was at the meeting 20 minutes late. We had signed all our papers and Kathy’s papers, and she still wasn’t in so we jumped over to the new goals. Holly came in about half way. We were really taking our time. Not wastefully, but we were slow and covering ALL the bases trying to spread out time until Holly got there. When she did get there, I thought she did a lame job going through all that the client usually does on her two days here. She was shooting off the top of her head and wasn’t very thorough. But, by then I knew the mother was real pleased with the goals and the client had a lot of time to think through them. The mother said at the end that she was happier about the meeting than she ever had been. I’m going to assume since Holly didn’t do much and she’s had Holly for ten years … that I had something to do with her being pleased. I don’t think Holly ever gets around to presenting any paperwork, or specific goals. And, if her hem hawing was any indication of her normal meeting, I feel really sorry for the mother. There was also a casual part of the meeting which seemed to go very well. I thought Holly would lead more, but I got inpatient and took over, which Holly seemed to appreciate. She came in and left both with complaining how much work she had to be doing and wearing 5 hats and some such nonsense. *sigh*

After that we talked to Kathy in our office for a little bit before Sr. came looking for us. I’m not sure why, I don’t remember. I think the next thing we did was try to start cleaning off our desk. It had two days of mess on it. Usually one desk is as bad as the next and yesterday was no exception. Ugh! But, it helps to remind us of things we left undone that need taking care of. At one point we went up to make copies and Sr. grabbed us. She wanted us to take the door because Holly was in her second staff meeting of the day and Sr. had to start interviewing the new person.

So, we spent about a half hour doing that until we joined the interview. Sr. had in mind that she was going to do our 6 month evaluation and I was in the mood for it, but she got too busy. I know she wants to get them out of the way this month yet and she looks to have 4-5 more to go.

After that we went back and finished cleaning our desk. We settled down and turned the music and earphones on and we started to relax. I decided that I was GOING to get the annual and annuals in general done on the first day of the meeting, so I stayed an extra hour and finished that up. It felt great to leave it on Sr. desk for signatures. I made sure to stop by Holly’s desk to make sure that she knew it needed signatures as well. I know it was like showing off a bit, but hey … if the works done, flaunt it! Hehehe oh one more thing I did that took some time. I went through a slow long process of pulling the new cards for the goal through the lamination and cutting process. They turned out real nice. I had the girl reading through Dr. Seuss quotes and then developed it into a “go fish” type matching game so she can bring it to her job as a teacher’s assistance with real little kids next fall. I had made two sets of cards right away, so she could take one of them home or to school. Good Ann!

After that … we went home, and I had a small pork chop and about an inch of soup, but I got sick on the pork chop. Rich had come home and wanted to go to the fireworks down at Navy Pier, but I felt too unstable. So we stayed in and he let me pet him while we watched the Public broadcasting channel. We did news – a couple versions and a show on Chicago, etc. Finally, he was in his bedroom doing something for the trip, so we grabbed one of our juice bars and he was to find us cuddled up in the blanket after a bit waiting to be tucked in. I think he appreciated getting to bed a little early. Good for him to stop worrying about getting things done in time.

Oh, and the plus part!!! I’d been up to again about 281 for the last several days, but this morning … I was down to 277.6 … wooHOOO!!!! We’re working on it! I did a ton of standing and walking in going through all the different things I was doing.

It was the marker though for exactly 30 pounds lost since the surgery 42 days ago. Sweeeet!

AHA! I had lost myself for a bit thinking that I was going to need going to work, because I was watching the clock get to 7-8 minutes before the hour, I almost posted this note, but then realized the marker for time only signified that I need to take a shower at 6 am. Turns out it’s only 5:54 am and I’ve got TIME!!!!! YEAH! Not often you find yourself with an extra hour. I feel famished for it! I think I’ll jump in now 5 minutes so I get ALL that time on the other end waiting to catch up to the next top of the hour.

BRB!

AHHH! We’re back! Now we have gotten ourselves another 35-40 minute spur of time.

WOOHOOO!!!

I’m not sure what we’re going to talk about next though since we’re done with our day yesterday. Ahh, I remember something … Maury showed me a new picture of Thom. Hold on let me get it and ask you what you think. I’ve got definite mixed reviews.



Uh huh, see what I mean? Believe it or not … I was one of those mothers who tried to get her kids not to play with guns - AND, certainly not in the house. This picture leaves me feeling a little nervous. He’s got to do this, I know …. To keep people safe. But, I really abhor the idea of Thom killing someone. Seems that’s what the Marines are teaching him to do though. I know I have to get over this, but it’s uncharted territory. Last week though Thom’s favorite day was when he got to through hand grenades. Ok, we’re going to just skip ahead here. I’m sure there isn’t anything more important, but this one is leaving me pretty uncomfortable. Oh man … got to get out of this place in my mind. I don’t want to write what I’m thinking it’s too threatening.

Ok, whistle, right? Whistle when you’re scared. What did we learn from the King and I?

Let’s see … next?

I didn’t get a chance to visit the message board yesterday. I think I’m behind in my posts. Maybe I’ll get to that next, but I’m not sure when. I still have to plan for today’s staff training meeting. And, I haven’t got a clue where I’m going with that. We haven’t had a meeting for quite a while. Sr. had been covering while I was gone, so I’m thinking that anything I do now is going to be pretty boring. We left off on doing Policies and procedures. I’m not sure where we left off, but it’s a pretty dry subject. I wish I had some big master plan … but that just might be one of the things I’ve got to do today. PLUS, I’ve really got to finish off the annual report. Hmm, I’ve also going to want to formalize the goals for the staffing yesterday. We wrote the annual report, but we haven’t gotten the long goals written out or the goals and objectives. That was too much for yesterday. It should have been done before the meeting, but we’d gotten behind due to teaching.

Hmm, another thing on the agenda today, is that it is a Dr. Marvin meeting. I’m not sure where we left off there. I think last time we were just catching up on stuff, but I don’t remember any of the specifics. Maybe we wrote about it, but I’m not motivated to checking that out at this moment.

Hmm, my tummy isn’t feeling real good … I just had some string cheese and a few pickles this morning. Nothing real bad. But, we’d had that tummy upset last night. I want to make sure I keep things down, because I just took my medicine and don’t want to lose anything important. What to do … what to do. I’m sorry we’ve slid over to the gross side. That’s not such a good idea. Hmm, we seem to be doing a lotta back-peddling. Not real focused just kind of drifting through our thoughts.

Ok, got that over with … I got dressed a little early … but I wasn’t able to settle my stomach without being sick. This is always an iffy thing, because if you lose it once, there could be more and we’re going to be on the road within 20 minutes. Ok, time for a mantra … It’s going to be ok, it’s going to be ok. Calm down girls. We can do this. Just one moment at a time. Stomach is still feeling bad though. :)

This is no fun. Just had a little something to eat. What I do wrong? Hmm, just glanced over to the pictures on the blog page. I left up one picture where we used to smoke. It’s coming up on two years now without smoking. Just looking at the picture made my stomach feel a little more gaggy. I just can’t imagine what it would be like now as to enjoyment of it. The whole thing seems sick. Damm … that seems to have made me sick too. Oh please … let this go away. I’ve done real good at not being sick at work. I don’t want to start now. Seems like we’re worrying up a storm now. How do I make myself feel happier? What can I think of that is relaxing?

Damn. I’m not going to cry, right? Hmm, maybe it’s time I just post and finish getting ready for work. Still have to put up our hair. Hmm, that was something that makes me feel better. Some days I feel prettier than others. Yesterday was one of those days. But, the nice thing? It seems to radiate outward, because a couple of clients commented too on how pretty I looked. I don’t want to seem boastful here, but that always makes me feel good when someone says something nice to you … especially in an area that counts. If nothing else the clients are always on the tip-top of expressing their thoughts and feelings. OohRAH to them!!!