Visit www.MarineParents.com, a Place to Connect & Share (tm)

Wednesday, March 05, 2008

Camera decisions ...

Good morning. This is me. I’m in a bit of a cranky mood. I’m sorry … I’ll be over it soon, but not quite yet. It’s going to take a few seconds. We were fine and had been up for a while just doing morning stuff. The first phase came over us while we were watching the morning news stories show with Rich. I think the stories are pretty much pretty good. But, the first one started out with tithing for the church – blah. I was irritated because I wanted to write plus I wanted to be spending time with Rich and I couldn’t settle for either.

So then afterward I had to take my medicine and Rich was going into the kitchen to look at his computer and we figured we should make coffee and eventually we had to start the dish washer, but in between Rich kept saying stuff to put us off. Like he had said last night that maybe we could have Bob over, then he said no. And, before we could replace my camera and now he’s saying no. And, now he isn’t going to his mothers even though his game was canceled and he’s pushing the zoo and we’re like, BUT we want to do our writing … we had already planned our day. Plus he was just pushing things like he’d started with his sons. He was on Chris to get up and get him the information about the bills, and then he was saying that he was on Jon for his smoking and because Jon had figured out he only had to work a couple of days a week to support himself, and then he got on me because he didn’t like the idea of our surgery again. And on and on … Hmm? His daughter? Last was that she and her aunt had “won” ANOTHER trip umhmm… This time all the way to Hawaii, ok, not going there …

And, all the time Rich is complaining because he’s not spending the time he wants the way HE wants it. And, we were cranky by then … oh I’m sorry I thought it had been you who had just bought a golf club – oh the first thing ever bought? Shoot that’s not where I want to go, no I do not want to go to the zoo. Plan the day doing whatever!!! AND, No telling you you should go see your mother or Bob isn’t on MY list of things to do that should be on YOUR list of things YOU want to do with your free time!

Shoot some buckets??? Sure why don’t you take the kid?! Because I just KNOW what’s coming up next … I haven’t even had time to see my …. Fill in the blank space.

See cranky. What’s the key here … It was like he wanted to sort out everyone’s life – you be doing this, you be doing that, you be doing this ….

And then I’m going to sneak out and be having fun right over here. We were more like sneak out if you have to, but don’t be making everyone miserable on your way out. And, don’t be saying your going to help out with cameras if your not serious. I’m worrying about getting pictures taken with Thom leaving and he’s saying he’ll get a $19 camera that will work fine. MAN … that’s just so wrong.

Ok. This probably isn’t going to be a good thing that we’re going to write next. But, we went back to the entry written on January 10, 2008 @ 7:01 am. Umm, that’s where we pretty much decided on what camera we wanted. And, then just now we went out and bought it. We bought it with the money that we were supposed to have for Thom’s graduation. So, we are going to have to save that money somehow out of the next several checks. That means that we are going to have to hold back $300 from the March, April and May checks to go toward the graduation. AND, we can’t buy anything else. How much damage? We just spent $700. I know, I know … It was bad. We couldn’t tolerate not having a camera for Thom’s leaving and every day thereafter. We hate not having a camera and we are the kind of person that NEEDS to have a good camera. You’ll have to switch back to the other date listed above to see what we got, but we are going to review right now.

At the time of ordering the camera … we skimmed the online descriptions of the camera … didn’t look for any other, went to a couple of places looking for the best deal. And, scanned a couple places comparing prices of cameras with and without the part that holds the camera steady, considers adding extra lenses, and different bag options – opposed to prices. We ended up over at Abes in Maine. But, I did it too fast and confused the shipping/mailing addresses. I will have to straighten that out Monday morning. I placed a special $34 shipping charge so that it gets here within 2-3 days. It’s going to be important to have a few days learning it to take Thom pictures. I would really like to get one of the four of us if not one’s with Lauren and the girls too.

For the record we ordered a E-510 Digital SLR Camera with 14-42 mm Zoom Lens Package plus we spent some good money $85 and got what they call a mini-mag Aw Black Shoulder Bag (Professional) for the camera and hopefully, I will get back the video camera too. The bag had to be big enough to include the things I carry in my bag such as phone, cards, keys, PDA, checks etc. Again we carry a case not a purse so getting a good one really counts.

Wow! I found it at Lowepro, which I think is the company that sells it, but I got it for $40 left. I also got the last one … they say. Here they got tons of pictures.





Well at least a couple for now … see what I mean … nice. Total is $700 including fast shipping. It’s going to be ok, right? We didn’t come clean with Rich though. We should have but we didn’t have the heart to. He’ll have to find out sooner or later. It’s just that he was making everything seem so impossible. You can’t, we can’t on and on. But, I can! Just have to squeek out the money. I’m done paying some stuff so that will help.

But, it’s going to be tight. I know though that I can’t be without a good camera. It doesn’t do me any good to have a $19 set of pictures I can’t put on the Internet. Internet is my life. Everything I do goes to the blog …

It’s my life work! Ok, we’re not going to go there … A decision was made … my money that’s it! This one’s been in the making for two months since the other camera broke down. Didn’t help he said he’d help then just offered $19 disposable … Sheesh!

Ok, we’re going to be moving on.