Visit www.MarineParents.com, a Place to Connect & Share (tm)

Sunday, July 15, 2007

Saturday ... doing our things



Good morning … this is me. Yes, we are back amazingly so … and not a lick of anything important that’s got to be told. That be our style, form, AND function! Well, there is stuff to be told, but alas it will be hard in coming, because at this present moment, we don’t know where we are at. No trouble. I do know we woke up our Sweetie Pie this morning and it was a very good time and for that I feel blessed, though maybe not as blessed as the 70 year old Senator from New York. He is supposed to be having a baby with his wife who is 30 years younger and ladadada all that jazz. Those New Yorkers … go for it!

Ok, well, you know about where we are coming from then. Sweetie Pie and us then had breakfast and then he had to go for a LONG day of baseball. He has got a couple of games that are going to stretch out to be about 6 hours. He left at 8, it is 8:45 now, and he won’t be home until 2:30 or so. Someone’s fishy friend called at 7 am, but Sweetie didn’t answer the phone. That might have been because he was BUSY, but maybe some too, because he couldn’t go fishing anyway. We felt bad he wasn’t picking up the phone, because we think that almost every time the phone rings you should pick it up … ESPECIALLY by one of your best friends. BUT, apparently he felt different because we couldn’t get him to go there. Maybe he gets on the phone when he gets into his batcar and they have a good conversation on what was interrupted hehehe … well, probably not our bashful friend, but it would have made a nice story anyway.

I think one day we’ll get to talk to Bob and most likely he’d want to jump in bed with us. Nothing sexual just mostly because he seems fun.

Ok, maybe there we needed a break. We got coffee, cherries and switched keyboards and mouse. We got a new keyboard and mouse with our new computer. But, truth be told, I’ve always enjoyed the keyboard we had. It’s smooth. And, for an another advantage is wireless. That’s nice. Probably the most outstanding difference is that it’s without four years of cat hair and old cigarette butts. I’ve got the old keyboard resting atop of the other so I can see the amount of difference in cleanliness from one over the other. It’s pretty amazing. I think the mice are about the same. The home one seems a little faster, but the work one is in better shape. Acutually, the home equipment is the newer of the two, but one’s a Gateway and the other is dell. I’m not too convinced that Dell puts much into their keyboard. The Gateway looks more sculpted. It seems that on the Dell there was an extra something for music playback, but we never used it. Hmm, the volume knob works, but I’m not so sure of the others. I like the volume fine on our fifth speaker.

Hmm, something just made us think of opening the Outlook program. We emptied all the old stuff their we hadn’t responded too. There were over 1800 emails. Yeeks.
Think they were going back until February, because I noted that Joe’s birthday reminder was still there.



Hmm, not much I can do about the passage of time. We each try to grab onto the little bits of time we get as it is going past. We are more interested in looking at Outlook now that we have the 2007 at home and at work. We also got a work temp copy of OneNote. That doesn’t come with the package we’ve got, but we’ll get it, because that one is so valuable to us, especially with the video. The video is now hooked up at both places, I’m not sure if we are able to work the one at home though. I think we’ve learned our lesson on video taping long segments. Hmm, music is cutting out on us … what’s that AOL problems? Cable is good so far. Keyboard is set ok.

Hmm, something fixable, but irritating. We’ll let that go though cuz we don’t want to be thinking about it. Yup yup that’s just how denial works. Birthdays? Yes, something like that.

Ok, let’s move on … In a second we’ll be wanting more coffee, but lets try first to see if we can remember something we want to talk about? Ok, Should we go by topics or days. Ok, maybe a slim outline … what do we remember. I think last we left you we were on our way to Joe’s. Joe’s so cool. We talked about his new work.

Probably other stuff as well, I remember one part of comparing how who is doing the housework and kitchen duties and such from both households. I think it is going ok over at his place, but there are three boys living in a 2 br so there might be room for tensions. I think Thom is covering the majority of the apartment costs and Joe is realizing just how little money he is making … I felt bad for him for that, but that’s where his life station is right now. He knows he’s a “grunt” and is in the learning stage so he’s willing to put up with that for a while. I think it is harder when considering himself next to Thom and his income, but that all has to be worked over by him. I think Joe likes the details portion of the job to be keeping his mind active and he seems pretty confident that he knows what he’s doing and can succumb his immediate team leader in position. Maybe she would stay the same and he would move to another portion of the store.

Joe says that his position is to mark prices and stock items throughout the store.

It is a specialty team that works alongside the regular department people. I like the idea that he is getting trained in so many areas of the store. Good for management material thoughts. Joe would like to be moving on, but can be patient.

He’s a good learner. I think it always surprises him how emotional others can be.

He’s saw his immediate team leader lose it under the pressure. He doesn’t see himself getting in that position.

The other thing that Joe talked about is his karate. Hehehe I just called to wish him good luck. Today is the day he is being tested for black belt. It was a pretty brief conversation … just “good luck.” I didn’t want to get him off-track from his thoughts. It seems like a lot of it is going to be that they are pushing him to his limits to see how he focus’. I’m very proud of him … I really do believe in this kid. I think he does great things. This goes for the other boys too, but Joe seems to sparkle, especially on this day. It is something ten years in the making. I’m very proud of him. Joe … a gazillion years later … this is my very proud of you smile. It’s a good matcher to watching you graduate on computer. You’re reaching for it and making it and that’s all just keep going!

Good Strong Joe Michael Garvey.

*Sigh* What could surpass that of the day … I hope that he calls me later tonight or tomorrow to tell me how he does. I wouldn’t mind getting together again sometime tomorrow, but I think he said that we’ll meet up for this and our birthday next weekend to celebrate. I hope he remembers everything. I’ll want to ask at least 1000 questions. Not everyday you get a black belt son in the family! His father and step mother will be going to the ceremony later this evening and I’m sure that he is going to be resting tomorrow. He says that every time he does something wrong, the other testers – about a dozen other black belts trained by Sansei Steve – will tell him to do push-ups. I think he has to do at least then ten each time and the test is going to go about 4 hours. He has to do about 14 different things … I forgot, but it sounds something like cicadas. And then he'll be fighting with all the black belts and there’s more and … like we said it is a long day worth remembering.

Good Strong Joe Michael Garvey. Sorry thought that stood repeating. This is what Joe called himself at four years old. Matter of fact during that year of dressing up for nursery school Halloween, Joe dressed up like this. He said he IS Strong Joe Michael Garvey. There was never a sense of pretending for him. He knew his mind more solidly than a rock knows his form. He never forgot his dreams based in reality. If I remember correctly maybe he was padded with the muscles that one day he would earn. I can’t think of something more special than one reaching his dreams nearly of 20 years. He’s very, very good.

Good Strong Joe Michael Garvey! LOVE YOUTO PIECES!!!! Mom

Ok, ok … need to calm down … getting ourselves a bit mushy here … The darn kids always been impressionable.

Hehehe … Sister just sent us an email … it had some pictures in it … this was my favorite.



Pretty cool, hmm? We picked this one out because Sr. went out on a limb and bought fish. Well actually she sent the clients and they came home with two fish bowls, a gold fish, a white fish, and two shell critters. One is going to live in Group One and the other in Group Four. We sent her back an email and asked her if she was going to tell her Sister friends that she got fish.

Good Sister Theresa.

Ok, ok … we’re not getting to far here … let’s see there was after Joe a return to fishyman. He had visited his mother and was making dinner for us. He’s the bestest cook! Thinking here barbecued ribs and potatoes and corn on the cob. Lucky we ate salad with Joe. We only had one serving though and Rich and us ate the seconds on the next day.

Let’s see … can I remember anything else about Rich and us? Not too sure. I remember that we had popcorn and slushies out on the balcony last night. He got us pretty tired though. It’s so goshed darn romantic to be out on that balcony with him. He is always interesting to listen too, but we had to get him to slow down … he was pretty wound up. He’d come off of a full work week after returning from his vacation and he’d had a game. I think he doesn’t think of watching television near as much as he had when living at the other house. It is so nice … so very nice to be spending this kind of time with him. We did talk a little bit about us talking too, but this usually means we’ve got just one or two things we would like to say.

Soon after we’d followed him into his bedroom, and he let us talk about something, but I don’t remember now. I think we soon slipped into sleepy land and then he was putting us to sleep. He stayed up to play around on the computer. He said he was up til about midnight … I guess he really had some unwinding to do. He used our computer … I think he should do that more often because then we can sense him being with us even when were in our snoozy place. Such a mushmellow!

Hmm, ok … we better get a grip on it. Let’s get back to work. I don’t know how much actual work we got done this week, because a big part of the week was training in the new QHSP. Her name is Candace. She’s a kid about 24 years old. She’s been in a serious relationship since she’s been about 16. We took up our listening mode. At one point we said something about her looking very tired. But, then she said that she’d been up with her boyfriend all night. A day or two before that she’d said that they’d broken up that last weekend and she’d gone home to live with her mother. I guess the two of them have a house together and a couple dogs and cats. That seems pretty much like a substantial relationship to us and we encouraged her to work things out.

Apparently, she’s having a hard time because he is in a stage of life that he’s out enjoying a lot of action adventures with his friends. She on the other hand is sitting home alone wishing she could be snuggling him. Believe me … we know what these bad feelings are all about. But, the point is that it isn’t his fault he’s found so much to do. We asked her what kind of things she would enjoy. She named a few things like horseback riding and cooking classes, so we made sure she knew we thought she should get involved with this. I’m not sure if it was right that we took up a mother-advisor tone, but it seemed that the both of us fell into it right away. She doesn’t have too many friends to talk to. I think she has a list of people she checks in on, but it doesn’t seem she has a best girl friend, or that everyone gets together as much as she would like. She explained that most of her friends were his friends, and that the girls of the guy friends don’t get together much.

She’s someone that needs to develop interests. I think as far as personalities … she seems like a nice enough person. I think she’s more used to managing people in her care than we would like to see. She seems to be manipulating them rather than getting to know them on their plane, but then again sometimes we can be that way too. She seems to pick things up pretty fast and she takes things casually for better or worse. Basically, she doesn’t get ruffled easily. I think she can do long periods of concentrate effort, but it also seems that she likes to sit back and chat. I think that comes from being a little lonely. It’s been a year and a half since she’s been out of school. She put in a year in one place, and a half year in another. I forget the first, but the last job was working in a nursing home. I think she’s getting a little more money here and she’s got a higher level job. I think she used to work on the night shift and there wasn’t much happening there.

She talked about being bothered by clients coming to the office when she was doing our work. That seems kind of bothersome, but I think its more to do with her age.

I think some of those idiosyncrasies can be worked with.



AHA! Here is an old QHSP thinking about a new QHSP and thinking constructively … ok, how are we going to shape and model for this new upstarter so that she gains something from being with us. I’m a little worried in that we didn’t say anything about being a multiple, but we are unable to not use “us’ and we’s” in our regular conversation … I think that eventually she’s going to ask about that. But, we ran into Sr. late during the week and she confirmed with us that we weren’t telling the new person about our multiplicity. We haven’t and we’ve thought consciously during the week about it. But, it’s hard. It seems there is so much about my life that I have to hide. I can’t talk about our health – mental or physical – and we can’t talk about the love of our life. It’s hard to explain things I know about males in general without saying that we’ve had substantial relationships. That’s the hardest part for now. I like to generally back up what we are saying with examples. We tried to reinsert the boys as to our examples of male knowledge. But, obviously that’s not going all the way round circle.

We’ll see.

I think Candace can do the work, and I don’t think she’s scared of the caseload.

This week sister told her she would be bringing her caseload up to 25. She has 10 now and will be getting the new intake, and then Sister said she’d be giving her two of Holly’s. We’ve inserted many times reminding her who her clients are and that we’ve given her the hard ones. And, once during the week when there was a behavioral problem with one of mine we’re handing over, Sr. had her sitting with her – getting to know the client. I thought that was a great idea. It doesn’t seem she’s intimidated, but she’s still feeling her oats. The clients’ will be excited about switching to the new person. I think it will be ok, although I still have clients originally mine that went over to Holly that are asking if they can have me back again. And, we’ve got a few clients that are particularly happy to be talking to “Miss Ann.” I like that actually, though I should not be overly concerned. I still get happy when I find there are people who like to see me. They seem pretty comfortable that I’m more casual than Sr. though sometimes I can be tough if pressed. They really do know when they are on target, but sometimes lose their balance.

One of the nice outcomes of the week was that Sr. is going to turn over my lunchroom duties to Candace. That’s a really nice thing. I do like spending some time with the clients, but I would rather be seeing them in the classroom then the lunchroom, and there’s nothing to say that I can’t be dropping in due to our training responsibilities. Sr. said that Candace should come in for the full half hour and then she’ll stay with clients the back half hour. That will give Sr. a chance to train the clients in her own way. We made sure to explain to Candace that we each have a personal relationship with Sr. and that she will be talking to her direct rather than going through me. We told her Sr. can get cranky, but usually in the best interest of the clients. We told her the best policy is that whatever Sr. says last is the law of the land. We each just gotta keep up with it. We made sure she knew that we shouldn’t take things personally.

Almost on Q … Holly came in with a problem in front of the group with Sr. Sister was coming down on a client that has had problems stealing things. Not really hard, but she’s been watching him very closely and having us do the same. When Holly tried to shield or overprotect the client then Sr. called her on it. Candace saw the situation and we explained it to her. She saw through the week a couple of other incidents including one with us.

WooHOOO … we just got a call from Sweetie Pie … it was brief but he said he would be bringing home a couple of steaks tonight to cook so he’d go to the store after his games and be an hour later … so, 3:30 pm. That seemed like a pretty good deal to me. He is between games and had some more errands and calls to make. So, the day just got a smidge better!

Anyway we’re thinking that Candace is a system player … she’s pretty relaxed … maybe a little careless, but she seemed concerned to be doing her job well when we put her to task. She also took some time off when she needed to be working on lighter things like organizing her desk and putting up decorations. We thought … go for it! She seems to really like her space … at her own job she explained an office half the size of ours and it needing to be shared with four people. They had to take turns to get on the computer and most of her notes were handwritten. She said that she had 60 clients, so I’m thinking when sister told her she would have 25 it was no big deal to her. I still don’t know what her area of expertise will be, but we’ll find out over time. I’m not sure which special task Sr. is lining up for her. She should get something bigger than lunch duty.

Holly complained about the caseload imbalance. She didn’t think it was fair that Candice didn’t take some of her caseload and she didn’t like only getting Candace for one day a week. I know that Mirza was in communication with Sr. and reported activities between us and her and Holly and her. Mirza covered her tracks to tell Sr. that Holly hadn’t caught up. I don’t know if Sr. knows that we are behind again with the Qnotes, but we’re hoping that we can have Candace helping with them. She seemed to understand when we taught her about the counting and I don’t think it was overly difficult for her. She also seemed to get a quick grasp of how to do goals, its just that she’ll need some help with the parameters. She also got observations right away and Personal Preference Interviews. It really makes a difference explaining duties when someone has already worked before. I feel much more comfortable already knowing where she’s at than the ever-elusive Mirza and her private life of secrets. Mirza wouldn’t say how she felt if something was going wrong, but I think this person will tell.



Ok, doing fine. We’re back to work here … It was 11:30 pm, so we took a break to eat lunch. We had a sandwich and an apple and another cup of coffee. That’s the stuff.

Ok, where were we? Hmm ahh still comparing the new help to Mirza … I was conscious of that in a short enough time and we tried to stop it. It seems that Candace wants and deserves to create her own niche in St. Rose history.

Speaking of … we had a meeting for Administration team yesterday. For the most part it was good. We had our regular complaints about Holly smothering everything.

There was one issue raised in that we put in a note to sister that we could resolve
our computer problems with CARF by getting a copy of Norton 360 for 15 users and it only cost $18. Holly got on a high horse and stated that we couldn’t add anything to the system blah blah blah. What an idiot. So, now we have to pay for Brian to give it an official OK. I couldn’t convince, nor could Rich convince Holly that Symantec owns Norton and their programs were top of the nation and that they’d program them to replace old programs. Idiot thinking. I’m sorry don’t like to do that, but she opens her mouth sometimes just to hear herself talk. Ok, that’s mean I’m sorry … it’s just that I don’t need an $85 check to point out that we’re replacing a 2000 security with a 2007 security from the same company and we’re not putting our computer records in grave danger. I just hate it when stupid things happen. I also don’t like my authority is challenged … I don’t often say this is the way it is and should be, I usually put it out for consideration. Another way she rubbed me the wrong way is that we had researched some lit cones that folded down to take little space. There was 4 cones in the package and Holly made a big issue of only needing one cone per vehicle accident or repair on the side of an expressway. If the manufacturer sells a package of four then you use the opportunity to more safely back up your emergency. What the hell is she trying to prove in putting out that more than one is wasteful? Idiot. Ok, OK … let’s not go into the Holly-idiot side of the meeting. Back up … this one will cost me later, but man-o-man.

We tried to stay conscious that we had a new Q at the meeting and not to argue … Holly catches you because she comes off as wanting to be an authority over every subject and she doesn’t know much and isn’t intelligent, she just wants to have an opinion and to be the loudest shouting to prove her righteousness. Pretty much she’s a bully.

Candace had a lot to watch over with the meeting. She tried to interject a few times and she did the same with the goals meeting and that was a good idea and by the time we sat down between us to work up a couple goals she was definitely a help and took responsibility for some of the foot work. That was greatly appreciated. I think it was a good meeting in that although Sr. was rushed, there was a accomplished and Sr. stayed in a pretty good mood. I think that we’re going to tell Candace that she should be concentrating on speaking more succinctly. This is a small thing at this stage of the game, but seems to be her biggest stump right now.

Sr. and the meeting slowed down for her, but in general its taking her too long and she’s using too many sentences to get her point across. Sr. is tolerating that now, but in the future it will be harder for Candace unless we make notice of it now. I don’t want her to back down, I want her to think more upfront about the point she’s trying to make. I love it that she’s already trying to jump in and get her feet wet. It was a big surprise that Sr. brought her on board this fast and into the Administration meeting. That is a huge vote of confidence. She never trusted Mirza to watch the lunch group, but in Candaces second week she’s already going to be doing the job. That speaks a lot of Sr.’s trust in her. Granted Sr. had been looking alongside me to get me out. She doesn’t like the part where we’re sitting down for the job, and we don’t know what else. She hasn’t mentioned we are doing anything wrong, though will talk or act over me, so there’s a good chance she sees us as a weak personality. Eh, willing to let that go.

On one hand we’ll miss the 15 minutes, but on the other we can let it go. It’s good to be meeting clients once a day, but its not good that it comes usually in the middle of the day when we are busy. I’m not sure all of what sister has in mind for me. I think she’s looking at programming as something that we can really be putting on the side. Most of that may be my own fault. I couldn’t put into Sr.’s hands a plan to get everything going. I really don’t know what I’ll be doing … I had thought get me a position and let me figure it out, rather than have an answer and come in sweeping. Maybe I should be getting back into some reading this week. It would be a good idea to take a book outside, but we are not sure which to be
reading. We have the one on curriculum, the one on grants, and the one on the eating disorder. Maybe we should plan some concrete time. Let’s say by 1:00 – 1:30 pm to be doing the grant book and then saving the eating for night time reading, and plan tomorrow for the curriculum. We also need some time to do business because we are behind, but just have to put than in when we can. I think we have to beat Rich up – as to time up and put in some hours where we can concentrate. A big part of that is getting in the writing time that we are now.

We should write a little more about the week. A big part of it was getting through the annual, which we aren’t going to say much about, but that it was a big agency meeting and decisions had to be made by the group as to an extra programming that is now financed that we are encouraging one of the parents to take. I think it worked well, but we didn’t finish up that report and that’s something I also wanted to do today. I’m not sure though how much time I can take with Sweetie home. We’ll see.

Hmm, speaking of. I smell someone lighted up the grill and I’m thinking I promised to get the dishwasher started, better do that now. Hold on.

Ok, that’s better. I notice that we have a couple of kitty accidents. This will need to be the next fix-up. If we were really with it we’d go to the laundrymat for Sweetie, but we’re not up to that yet. Hmm, maybe we should take a look though to at least see where we are at?



Ok, there was something. We gathered all the clothes in Sweetie’s room. I don’t think I have a full load, so we’ll mix some towels and then get a bag for his colored clothes and his white load. Three loads will be enough. The white load is light … so if I could please Sweetie I’ll do the load, but then I won’t be doing as much reading of his grant material. Really need to work in some hours .. need to do that during the weekday too. Hmm, just not enough time.

A good part of the week was staying on top of things. Sister kept calling us or
leaving us notes to do projects. I took care of some, but not all. I made sure to get notes to the journal and I tried putting little black dots on things for completion. I didn’t really care what the project was, just that it could be finished and taken off the list. I wasn’t recording all the things I was doing along the way, because some were little and I didn’t want anything that would be time consuming. Having someone in the next office was good for me in getting to work. I made special charts as to where we were on the annuals – and what work I would do and what work Candace would do. There was also a chart to say where everyone was with the annual schedule.

We are looking at the end of the week that Candace might be doing everything but the meeting and goals. I will be checking her, but in general we are putting the work from our desk to hers and then covering for her in case she can’t get the work done or needs more time. The more and faster I can train her the better. I still don’t know who will be doing our Qnotes, but there’s a chance sister will want to separate things so that we’ll have to do our own notes. She’ll be ok on hers as long as we catch up. We focused on the ones that will need to be done in July, but we’re already scheduling a couple appointments into August. Wanted to lock-in on time.

We’re thinking we should get out some confirmations by Monday, but I’ve been not able to get to them. Shouldn’t be too big a deal just everything takes time. We also made a list formalizing the clients that I would take and she would take. We had one last late minute adjustment, but I don’t think that will be a big problem.

I am so relieved to be cutting down the case load. I still want an educative position over the whole group and just contribute to staffings, but not be in charge of pulling them together. It is too labor intensive. There was about 12-15 calls made with one of my parents as we juggled her schedule, ours and the CSO person.

Finally, it got locked down and it was like God Bless. I don’t think the annuals in themselves would be a problem as much as they take time and there are so many other little projects going on. One was to get the DSPs set up for a meeting that will be held in two different locations – Chicago and Elgin – at two times. We want to get all 6 DSPs out … because it’s a behavioral meeting and that’s what they asked for, but some are like … well, the orange L line is 10 minutes from my house and I’d prefer that, or I don’t drive on expressways or whatever. I guess in our position its always been …like just give me the address and we’ll arrange it. No big deal … we’ve been out to Elgin – an hour from here about 8 times. We’ve been all over the place. But, I have to acknowledge that this is their first time and I have to help them adjust.

I also have to put on my list that we are training extra people. Two came on board this week – the Q and a new DSP. We don’t want to lose her in the shuffle. She’s a real nice lady and I like her for her knowledge and age. She’s also a mother with kids in college or there about. I hope I can give her some time. It wouldn’t hurt for us to put down some plans … I wonder which program would be the most helpful … we’re thinking now that we should be working on a flow plan – and how we can help in each area. I want more responsibility for the programming – I’m going to need working on that. Sister wants me doing CARF once a week too, and I can’t forget that we’re going to have the Circles program probably first of September.

I think the one up for grabs now is the one Sister is already starting to flesh out with the community involvement. She has planned a volunteer coming in for about 15-20 hours to be working with 5 of our guys out in the community. Sister is way too involved and I would like to take over some responsibility for that area because I consider it part of programming. I had brought up that I would like assessments to be part of the program. She didn’t go for the formal program, but she’s willing to look at a two-page version I’d seen before, but Holly had brought in. I also know there is a good assessment for support and another for Quality of Life, but Sister is of the thought that if we were to do an assessment that we should have someone come in. I’m not totally against that … its just that I want a system … something we could market and sell. It seems that one way to do it might be in putting together a journal of what is being done. Kind of a master plan of the organization and the program. I have to remember I would like time to develop the performance analysis that I started. The scoring might change, but I think the basic in pulling things together could be very workable. I like the concept of more thought going into the process … I think we could do that by bundling the project.

Hmm, we don’t have the program on this computer for drawing tools … I don’t remember if that had a disk or if we downloaded it for cost. I think we should be considering a couple of programs.

We’ve got the journal capability of the OneNote and its workability in the MS system, which includes database, writing, outlook, powerpoint, etc. To tell you the truth, I think we should spend some time with Access the database to see how that might help instead of the spreadsheet. But, there are two more programs one with the Paper Tiger and the other with “the Brain.”

Ok, we’ve just eliminated the Brain … we can use it to work out problems eventually, but it is not easily compatible with the MS system. Ok, what’s next … how bout the Paper Tiger … we want it to hold our information system … how does a big programming effort fall into that

Hmm, there is nothing in the stack that I want to add to our new computer … drat. I couldn’t find the Paper Tiger 4th edition. Woo Hoo take that back. But somehow I gotta find it for the new work computer. Hmm, where’d it go? Isn’t it supposed to be loading? There it is. Need more than the title cover. Ok, that program is empty … It lists Locations and categories and has a good search … that could be handy for adding elements because it cross-references like the brain, but is there an advantage to using access. Let me review that program next to the other. Hmm, didn’t really like Access … it was confusing to me because it seemed inflexible like the boxes in Paper Tiger. I think that the diagramming program we had was the best.

Found the program on the computer and they are offering a free trial … don’t remember the cost involved … let me check. Damm $200 program. Hmm, pressed something and now something is downloading … not sure if it the program or just something to run the examples. Not that I wouldn’t have downloaded … should have had more choice over it. It’s about 50% done now. I know that this program unlike The Brain works better with the MS programs. I don’t know if you can import from excel, but there is that potential too. I like the thought of graphing out the business and trying to define its needs. Especially since I will have some smalllllll input into the grants that Rich is looking for.



I should be putting together a clear business and program plan I think I have to do business too because that will be required of me with CARF. I’m going to have to trust some system of accountability that I can take with me. Right now it seems to be by hand with the journal. We should figure out again where we are with the Outlook program. Rich seems to use it well, but I don’t like all the to-do jobs stacking up on top of us. I like being able to open or shut a page like on the journal. And, it seems that Outlook is established on one computer or another.

Hmm, maybe now I should be able to save and send … let me check that out … Probably getting the whole SmartDraw program because its so slow in downloading. Hmm its hogging up that screen … but, jumped to 92% when I went to minimize her.

Hmm, let me pull another program over it, but it seems to be stuck on 92% … Might have to cancel if we can … it’s a pretty aggressive program. Ok, we’re going to have to close her down she’s got two programs downloading won’t listen to me etc.

BRB

Ok, we are up but not progressing real well. It says its downloaded, but now pokeying around with the install process. We’re only on about 31% … with 1% added every 5 minutes. ACK. So we’re going to ignore that for a bit and since its now already 2 pm, we’re going to take a look at the books for grant writing … we’ll be over here…