Visit www.MarineParents.com, a Place to Connect & Share (tm)

Tuesday, July 03, 2007

Monday's short take ... before we go pretty well zonkered

Good morning. This is me. And, us too. It is about 4:30 am. We woke up to the sounds of kitty urping. *Sigh* Two cats … it’s bound to happen AND I needed to be up, but, ok … one does what they have to do. Ok, enough of that?

Waking up on the other side of the bed …

I suppose that there are things that I should do. Coffee for example? Hmm? Little concerned about making the kitties their breakfast. Hmm, what to do … maybe I could put just half of it in the bowl?

Ok … all that’s cared for and coffee is making. I can do this. We had taken the 2 hour nap yesterday, and then gone to bed by 8:45 after we had read for 1 ½ hours.

Sweetie Pie then called at about 10 pm, but we were not quick enough to catch the phone. It took about 10 minutes to figure out how to call back and I did get his fishy lodge, but by that time he had gone to his cabin so I missed him. The lady said she would leave a message for when he came in for breakfast at 10 am. No, they do not oversleep, they go out fishing and then come back for breakfast, then out again, and then after awhile stop for a shore lunch, and then they’re fishing again, come in for dinner, then many go out night fishing. It gets a little fishy crazy, but they are pretty much fished out after doing this a week. Shore lunch by the way is like fresh caught fish fried, potatoes fried, and some other stuff like pork n’ beans. My fishy guy doesn’t drink while fishing and I don’t think much true fisherman’s don’t … not while they are in the boat at least. I wouldn’t admit to that later at night if they’ve stayed in to play poker. This is the big fishy trip of the year. I think too that they have overcast clouds and that’s supposed to be real good for fishing – though it might rain on Thursday or Friday, and that’s not so good. My understanding is they pack up Friday morning from the cabins and then fish for a half day, and then start the drive finishing it on Saturday night.

I suppose we’re too early to think of them coming back already. But, I have to acknowledge that I’m thinking of him. I think there is some loneliness at play here. I don’t miss him so desperately that I can’t get on without him, but I miss his company and knowing that he is just in the other room snoozing along. Hehehe that reminds me about the snoring fests they have. I think even Rich snores a little, but sometimes that’s one of the first things they complain about when they get home … if the other guy is a snorerer. I don’t remember if Bob is or not, but I don’t remember hearing about it before the trip so that is a good thing. By this time of the game, they all know who does and does not do it. Mercy to the partner that has a snorer in the room.