Visit www.MarineParents.com, a Place to Connect & Share (tm)

Wednesday, July 25, 2007

The gist of it...



WOOOHOOOO. We figured if you click on the pictures from the entry below you get a nice BIG picture of the guys – and then we zoomed in a bit. Oh man what a great picture … sure do wish Rich was more smiley though. We’re going to forward this one to Rich and ask that he PLEASE send it to Bob and maybe Doug. I’m thinking each will get a lot from it … even from Doug’s view of not going … at least he wouldn’t feel cut out. Isn’t it a great picture … You couldn’t get any better in a studio with a backdrop of rushing waters.

Good good … we’re just waiting on the silly connection it’s a slow one this morning. It really is a good picture. We did tease Rich a little bit about how close he and Bob really were, but he wasn’t going to nibble on that hook! He’s sooooo fun to tease though. I can hear him already saying, “Now, now …” He does that sometimes to us. Shoot don’t want to type too much or we’ll lose the picture.

Maybe if I save just that part over …

Ahh that’s even better! The picture seems to grow and shrink according to the size you give it. On OneNote I can almost see Bob’s eyes and I’m pretty darn sure that Rich is supporting a couple days beard. I think he gets teased for that too. I don’t know how fast they are supposed to grow in, but I like petting his because its so soft, but I think in a man way that must be a problem? I’m just not real good in that department.

We’ve only got a few minutes before our shower, hmm, well yes we could shower earlier so we can see Rich more … hmm, he should have gotten a good night’s sleep.

It’s just that the keyboard under our fingers is feeling so good. I think that’s part of why we’ve been enjoying working at our office so much lately. We had a terrible time trying to get the music to come in right, but we absolutely love the new double screen and also the keyboard, though I like this one a lot too. I’m not sure if I mentioned it, but we switched the old keyboard from home with the old keyboard from work. Even though the work keyboard is really older, it has better touch and is not so kitty hairy – though we think it will go in that direction too.

Ok, ok … I know shower … kitty hair is getting a bum rap though! brb.

Wooo HOOO!!! Figured we got in a little fuzzy time with sleepy face and we’re dressed and he’s in the shower and we got now 10 more minutes … ahhh the sweet life.

We’re a little unsure of ourselves now because we are thinking we’re looking so forward to work. I think it was because of happy hour last night without out the liquor. Sweet!

*Sigh* actually I think we’re doing pretty good at work. We figured that the new Q can do a share of the work that takes tremendous pressure off of us. Yesterday, we didn’t do CARF but we got done with 4.5 annual reports, which makes us almost caught up. It was still hard to concentrate that hard, but we did pretty good with it considering frustration over the music. Toward the end of the day Rich had given us a project that took up a little time and the new Q had things for us to help her with.

I felt bad because for the first time since she’d gotten there she’d felt unequal to the task at hand … we did everything we could to let her know that this was the hardest part of the job and that she should give herself credit for being in there at this early stage. We made sure she knew we were going to back her up and it seemed she’d gotten that point already. It was a good acknowledgment. She felt confident coming back into it today she’d do it.

It’s kinda funny in that we’ve been watching her pretty closely. We’ve told her all along about backing her up and our impression of her and her work has been good.

She has been making the work all along seem like, “sure, no problem.” I’ve been absolutely amazed with her. When she started to have problems, we went over it about 3 times and it wasn’t catching. Then she talked a little and I could see that she was discouraged with herself. I’m not sure if it was right or not, but I told her that we were pretty smart and that we’d sometimes do things that were harder then most people. We said 7-8% of the population was smarter than us … and we straight out inferred we weren’t on the level of being a doctor or scientist, but that we had enough to do the job at St. Rose pretty well.

Then we talked about the difference of our mind or her mind in comparison to the Clients. I’m proud that I’m fairly smart, but in regard to the clients … we work for them, and it is our job to take big ideas and make them understandable at their level. Not to talk down at them as if they were children. I said its all about translation. I also told her that I’d had 8 years of goal experience so we didn’t expect that we’d be processing the information at the same speed. I couldn’t explain enough about the trickiness of the goal process. You have to seeing like a matrix all squished down flat on the paper.

Hmm, I think that’s about the “gist of it.”