Visit www.MarineParents.com, a Place to Connect & Share (tm)

Friday, July 20, 2007

Fishymanless :(

Good morning … this is just a quickie because there is only a half hour left. This is officially two days after the bday and we sort of just finished the cake, but we ate too many pieces. We need to break ourselves of it, but it is on the high difficulty level right now. The next thing we need to try is to not get sweets on the way to work. We’re going to try for it. Ok that’s official then … no Dunkin Donuts … we need to drive right past it. That’s like an order, k? Well, really not an order, but it would be an important part.

We did about 20 minutes where we talked to Dr. M. about stuff that is going on … being so much in love with fishyman, work, the new Q, the boys, and that’s about it. Then we said the magic words that we are supposed to be doing stuff that is harder. It’s hard because we don’t know what happens to us, but this time Dr. M. wrote something down on a notecard for us so we
would remember something … he said:

“When you were growing up, you only got help when you were helpless, so there was a motivation to stay helpless. Now it’s different. Rich will help you and care for you when you are feeling ok. Bottom line: You don’t need to feel helpless to get your needs met.”

Thing is we’re having trouble focusing on it, because we have can’t see the two things together at levels where it counts. We are talking about realizing that the weight is affecting our health.

Pshwoo at least I can think those two thoughts together. There isn’t enough time for me to go into real in-depth thoughts, but it is a good thing that we can write it together on this post. The amount of confusion I feel is great. We’re typing now with our eyes closed … we got to stop tht – only a few minutes from getting in the shower, hmm? Open eyes.

Umm maybe we better go take a shower. BRB

Ok, we’re good!

We bought ourselves 20 minutes more time. This is what we don’t have when fishyman is here so it is a nice break in that way … but, given a choice … I still like the fishyman here than not.

We talked to him a few minutes last night … we had called him, but had gotten cut off because our phone needed charging … and then he IM’d so we put the phone on charger and got to talk to him. I didn’t know that we could use the phone as it was recharging. That’s a good deal. I don’t remember everything, but kinda a big deal part was that he forgot his clothes. That was some pretty silly fishy news. We reassured him that they were right here on the chair by the door as he had left them. There were a few giggles from that. He said that he was going to need going to Walmart for a few clothes to hold him over – especially under stuff! I felt bad for poor fishyman, but he was taking it fairly light-heartedly … at least he was out fishing!

We talked to him for a few moments about what Dr. Marvin had said, but somewhere in here we figured out that he wasn’t alone … he was in the car still traveling. I felt real bad then, because fishyman’s people should not think his woman can’t untie him for a simple fishing trip. But, I don’t think he looks at it like that. But, I know he usually doesn’t take my calls when there are guys around.

I don’t know about that fishy guy … The other day he was looking at $500,000 places along Lake Shore drive … he says he wants a place overlooking Lake Michigan … I’m not sure if he’s planning his retirement place yet, but this Lake Michigan deal seems to be something that’s preoccupied him for at least the last 9 years. He had wanted me to get a place, but that was hard at the time because of the parking. I still don’t like the idea of living in Chicago in that – where are our guests going to park. I talked to Dr. Marvin in that I had a lake in mind, but that it could be smaller than the big one. I want one that we can go out and play in … we’re not a fan of dangerous fish and leeches. YEEKS! I would like the idea of us getting the pontoon boat … That way I can come and we have a little space to move around. Maybe some kind of portable thingy for those emergency activities. Hmm? Ok, maybe that isn’t the best fishing idea … how bout if we have two boats and one is a bass boat and one a pontoon boat … then sometimes we could do one and sometimes the other. But, I don’t see pontoon boats being out in Lake Michigan so much. I think the water is too rough. We’re wondering about his plans, because he was looking at places up in Lake Joseph and I know that’s a couple hours away. I think the best deal with fishyman is to let him do a lot of looking on his own, because he gets ideas and then its like he’s more willing to work for them. I don’t think we need a half million dollar home, but it is fun to look with him.

Damn dozed off there … dreaming … better go and finish some of that coffee.