Visit www.MarineParents.com, a Place to Connect & Share (tm)

Sunday, June 24, 2007

Warming up for a visit with Maury!

Good morning. This is me. It’s about 6:40 am and we are just getting up. We’re waiting on the morning coffee. The kitties have been fed though and that’s half the battle. We’re going to let Sweetie Pie sleep in. I think he’d gotten in SOME time of the night and instead of waking us up he let us sleep. We went in there and checked on him when we got up at about 1:30 to use the washroom. He said its still dark out there … let me get my fishing stuff. Hehehe I guess that’s where a fisherman in the middle of the night. They work on autopilot.

Hmm, Chief is being a little fussidy. Not sure if I like that BEFORE the coffee. We put him on the floor, but he sprung up again … Silly cat’s got springs, but I guess that’s where he is in the middle of the morning. They work on autopilot.

*Sigh*

Hmm where was I? Oh, I wasn’t yet. I think I’m going to have to disturb sir kitty and get the coffee … you know … work on autopilot?

Ahh. That’s better. Just need to resettle chief. He gets like that … says I can read her like a book, so he doesn’t even jump down when I go for the Joe.

Hmm … did we tell you Maury called and we get to go to his place this afternoon. I think its going to hurt Sweeties feelings, but he would have told us to go. Neither of us miss chances to be with the kids. We’re alike like that. For now … we’re also alike in seeing our kids out of the house. We visit them. We could ask him to come with I know it would be fine with Maury, but I know what he would say … no you go on, we’re playing this low key for now. Read him like a book too! I’m wondering if there is some way I could show Maury the movie I had made of that one soccer game. Let me see.

Mmm that was nice … we saw the movie for about 4 times … let’s check … time? 7:15 am yup, yup about a half an hour later. Couldn’t decide again what to do with showing Maury the movie because most of the copies are blurred except the small ones … I couldn’t find anything that would help explain retaining clarity. I think those pictures are off my camera too so I couldn’t show him them. You can see them so clearly on the …

Hmm, we faded here a bit. It’s now 9:15 am. Sweetie Pie woke up about an hour ago. We didn’t get to snuggle him in bed though … shoot … that’s no good. We did share some time getting the first few things taken care of like getting the medicine switched over. He had brought home the new stuff last night. Then we both took our coffee and cereal to the living room and we’ve progressed from there. He’s got on his Sunday morning TV and we’ve both been working on our computer and talking lightly in-between. Before that … we had been looking at some of our pictures. We were trying to get a grasp on where we were with all that. We’ve got about 250 pictures yet to b posted. We got about half way through when we changed pace, so now we’re sitting here coming from a substantial cat pet trying to get back into our groove. Oh one other thing. We listened with sweetie Pie an expose on Sting on his morning show. That was kind of interesting. I didn’t realize it was him who had sung so many songs we were interested in. I really don’t understand a lot of what’s happened in music.

Ahh, I’ve lost kitty … that will help the typing effort. Let’s try to find some writing purpose now, k?

Where are we at?

I’m thinking I want to go snuggle our Sweetie Pie. We talked to him about the day’s schedule. He has a list of 4 or 5 things he has to do from home in getting ready for his big trip. I was correct in thinking that he was going to want us going out to Maury’s when given a chance. It’s been about a month now and we’re feeling that lag that competes with being with Sweetie before his big trip. But, it should give him some time to finish some of his tasks.

Umm, well, I don’t think he got so much done that last episode. The show was doing a spot on sexpressos. Basically, girls with a lot of cleavage and short shorts serving coffee from large viewable windows. Uh huh … I think he was studying what?

Hehehe. That’s the boy in him. Those girls were making a hefty set of ti … ps!

Ok, ok … let’s be moving on.

So anyway. Whoops just lost some time … we went over to pet Rich … and then we found he was ordering his pants WOOHOOO … that was a big long thing to put off … so we had to encourage that. Now he is in the you know where room … we’re going to join him in a minute in his bedroom, so we can get in on his packing. I know … we are very domestic aren’t we ;) Gotta love that guy though … it’s sort of like when we go visiting places on our walk. We look for that movement in folding over a shirt, or stuffing a bag, or crossing from one closet to another. They are all good for us. He just makes us gush.

Ahh, we’ve moved onto the next step. It’s about 11:15 am and we are giving ourselves a half an hour before we leave. I wanted the hair to dry, but also wanted some writing time to calm down. Nothin special just that extra rustling from being away from the computer for a little bit.

We had a very nice time watching our special buddy pack. We don’t like it when he goes, but we like how happy he is when he gets to go. He’s a very efficient packer. We seen it all … socks, underwear, t-shirts, pants, well you know how that goes. We think it is so cool that he can reach in his drawer and pull out so many clean clothes stacked up just right. It turns out he’d brought home clothes from the laundry last night, so everything was set. He’s just SOOOO cool. Now he’s doing his bills and watching a golf “how-to” show. His mind stays busy. Mine just likes to drift … now he’s sorting his soaps, now he’s folding his club jacket.

Everything has meaning and he thinks through everything clearly. He says the extra room in his suitcase will be for extra reels and he has extra room in his overnight for more lure. I think he’s going to do that from here. Hmm, we just had a little extra talk. We’re trying to say … don’t do the lures until we get home. He can do the fussy bills and legal stuff while we’re gone … plenty to do. I think it will be good for him to have day time while we are out of the house … it will give him a sense of being-off.

Ok, anyway we’re dressed, showered, and shoed. Why don’t we think for a moment to see if there isn’t anything we can bring for Maury or Granddaughters. I don’t think they get overly excited over bananas. What could I give them? Well, maybe younger granddaughter would get excited by bananas, but what the other? We’re looking around and we can see some paper clips. Hmm, is the youngest to the level she won’t eat that kind of thing? Hmm, I wonder where that CD is on petz. That would be something … let me look.

WOOHOOO we found it! We have a Catz 5 … this is where you get to have a cat or two or their children … and you can pet them and feed them and play with them. There are different rooms they go to and get dressed in different things. You basically adopt them … I think she’s at a good age for it. And if you want you can let your cats roam in the room that you are at … so they could jump all over my word document I’m typing on now. We also remembered that we have a copy of our work video. That will be a good

Ok, ok … just reviewed the CD from work … we think we’re about ready to go. So let’s be zipping along. Ok, shoo!