Visit www.MarineParents.com, a Place to Connect & Share (tm)

Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Short one for last morning of vacation

Good morning … this is me. We’re a little on the excited side because we get to go on a road trip to a forest preserve north of Milwaukee. WOOHOOO. We just pulled up the Mapquest and it appears to be a 2 ½ hour trip up and 2 ½ hours back … that’s perfect if you ask me. We had to push Sweetie a little hard on this because we wanted an adventure … go somewhere past Chicago where it was beautiful. Not that Chicago isn’t … it’s just that it’s a shiny dime kind of a place and were just lookin for a new penny.

We’re already out of the shower and now Sweetie is getting out so I won’t be more than a minute. The time now is 11:15. I think I am going to just grab my phone and a book, and put my camera purse in the white bag. I think he said something about fruit so maybe we’ll get some ice and some fresh stuff. I’ve been asking for Panera Bread for lunch and there’s one 20 miles from where we are going … so that means lunch at 2 pm. We could do that if we had some fruit on the way … and then we could have a very light dinner when we get back later tonight. We’ll have to work out those details. The other option is that he makes sandwiches here before we leave.

We’re trying to get out of that we need to be eating out … Just the sandwiches are regular and we’d have to stop at a sandwich soup kind of place for dinner? That’s not such a good idea … would like it for lunch even late, over dinner.

I suppose we’re really at the point though that we can leave it up to Sweetie. I think he’ll let us stop for camera batteries because I’m low … this would be just too nice a day not to be taking pictures. He is bringing his computer, but he says he doesn’t want me to wear down his batteries and he’s afraid even if I didn’t save that somehow his work could get a hold of the information. I say booooo to that, but will at least have my book along. Last time he took us out I could walk away from the computer … Maybe we’ll get home early and crash and I can write tomorrow?

First day back to work tomorrow … I have to try not to cry.

But, the best thing is that we got our adventure. He wants to take his car because it’s nicer on a long trip and his Selma works in WI. But, that means we can’t take a walk when we get there. I just don’t see me sitting down and trying to get up from the trail. AHA! He’s ready … better get going … will report later!