Visit www.MarineParents.com, a Place to Connect & Share (tm)

Thursday, April 26, 2007

A day that was supposed to happen, but didn't really



Good morning … This is a proud mumsy …

I just got off the phone with Thom. I wanted to wish him a Happy Birthday. He sounded in good spirits and he told me that he just got a new job. He said that he wanted to do something with Maury, but Maury needed more stability, in that this company did not pay for the first month, didn’t offer insurance, and paid in regular salary only minimum wage. Thom says this company offere 70% commission, which is a great rate. Maury I would guess then is going to go with the company of his friend from down at the board. I think it was more stable, and Maury would then be learning how to trade by his new bosses method. He’s impressed, because he said 19 of the 20 days, he was in a positive direction. I’m not sure though of the commission rate. Thom said he would try to arrange his schedule so that he could do DePaul and this company. I forgot to ask its name. He said that it was downtown and hopefully there would be some transportation down Michigan Avenue. I’ve been very impressed with Thom for getting out there and trying to do a lot. He said he had gotten a new phone, or I would have offered to get one for him, if he would have accepted. It was a short conversation, because I guessed he is not one to talk long. I did offer to go out, but he said he had several things to be doing. I thought the funniest part was when he said at the end, “We’ll see you Mumsy!” Oh man, the kid is so gosh darn cute.

For the record, I did call Joe too. I asked him if he’d like to get together, today, tomorrow, Saturday morning, or Sunday. Really the door is open to just him wanting to spend some time. I think that if he can arrange to see us, I will arrange to give him $100 for his upcoming trip down to Springfield. I’m guessing that he has under $1000 left and we still don’t know how long before he gains an income. I just know there is going to be gas expense, food, and possibly an overnight. I think he could use the extra.

As to what happened to my morning … there was an upset in the schedule. We were supposed to be at the ARC Convention, and everything started ok, we got off in time and all, but close to the end of the trip to the hotel, we accidentally got on the wrong expressway, because we turned about 80 feet too soon. Man-o-man … it was touch and go for awhile. I think, I know enough to eventually get home, and I did, but it was kinda scary, because I couldn’t tell how to get back to where I was supposed to be because of multiple expressways, and cloverleaves, and construction, and rush hour traffic. Eventually, I found Roosevelt Road, which is a real good thing – it runs about 1200 south from the city, past north of where we are and all the way out west. I didn’t know how to get from Roosevelt though back to the right expressway, or toward the hotel. I think they ran parallel, but that’s as close as I could figure. I knew I was west, so I backed around east, and then found a nice pancake restaurant and had a nice veggie omelet, and then came home to make the calls.

I do feel some kind of guilt and remorse for missing the whole day, but the biggest problem next to finding the place was knowing that there would be no wheelchair accessible parking spaces left that late in the game, because there are so many people who need them. I know this hotel enough to know that if I were lucky it would mean a 2-3 block walk and I couldn’t take that risk, or certainly walk that far. I was also being affected because I’m a bit sore from yesterdays work out.

The thought of being up walking so much between one meeting and another proved too much for me. We’ll try not to tell Sr. though because she paid $180 for today and tomorrow. Weighing in on my mind was that I didn’t get any time to write, so that makes me feel out of line, and that thought that I could use these two days to be working on the paper. Yes, that stuff … still need paper time.

There are a few other things, I want to touch basis with, but for now let me go start the coffee pot again. K?

Ok, good … that’s started.

Hmm, they are sooo cute. Both Missy and Chief are lounging on my recliner and they are nose to nose. It’s about the sweetest thing you could see. I like it when they are getting along and being super close. It seems then most that they really are matcher cats and belong together. If something happened to one of them, I would have to really consider getting another and one that is young enough to learn the ways of the older cat. Ahh, coffee is about ready :)



Hmm, I guess it must be dumpster day … those trucks sure do make a lot of noise.

Ok, now to finish up yesterday, we had done the three – four minute drills on the bike, and there was one more two minute drill while we were showing Rich how it was working. I was too tired though to try for longer. I should set another goal right now to give it another try about 20 minutes from now. It might not be for long, but there should be some kind of progress. I don’t think we met up with Deb at all yesterday. I left her a message and she responded about 1 ½ hours later, but by then she left a message, and we weren’t around to respond. What I ended up doing was turning on Rich’s television to make sure it was going to come on for his Boston Legal, and then I found myself laying in his bed watching and old episode or two of Bewitched.

Rich came home during the last couple of minutes and after the smooching hehehe, we let him go to get settled in. I think he got home about 8:30 pm. We watched him and talked to him as he cooked his dinner and ate, and then we got to backrub, and well you know how those things go … and to make it better, we got in to his Boston Legal just about right. Hehehe. Well, and then of course, as we were watching that he got back-rubbed some more. He sure is a good back rubee. I don’t think either of us stayed up past that. He tucked me in and I was probably sleeping before he fell asleep. I’m not sure if he got another chapter read of his book, but he may have finished, because I noted that he was taking his books back to the library.

Good Rich!

This morning we both woke up late. I’d gotten up at two, but with 4 hours of sleep, I knew better than to stay up. After using the washroom, we woke Rich up by crawling into bed with him. Unfortunately, after we told him the time, he got up pretty quick. He took his shower while we made coffee, and then we joined him by the computer where he went over my mapquest directions with me. This is though where we really have problems without our GPS, because we don’t know how to find our way back when we get off course. But, Joe needs it for at least a little while longer. We sat at the island as he then made his sandwich and checked his gear, and then he was off and running. Rich won’t be home most likely until 10 pm. He has a game, that may or may not be called on account of rain, but then afterward, he has his meeting with the fishy guys. We had followed his leaving with a shower, and then we got dressed, ready, and out the door. You heard the next part, and the current part is that we’re back at the keyboard, and looking for any reason possible, not to do homework, even though I know it is essential.

Hmm, only 2 ½ minutes … better chart that. Yeeks. It’s not even noon and I’ve consumed 1278 calories. That’s terrible. Hmm, yesterday we were doing ok with calories, but then I ate about 992 calories worth of these apple-caramel-chocolate turtle things. That was no good, we showed no reservation. We are not going to be able to eat anything else with fat in it today, to get the ration down of % fat consumed. Those hash browns are killing us. Yesterday we were over the total fat grams and we’re 2/3rds toward that again today. MODERATION!!!

Hmm, just had a little cat nap with Chief. He wants us to be drifty like him. And, believe me with the big breakfast the temptation is there. Damm He’s settling in again. What to do, what to do. Need to be alert. I will wait and then spring for coffee? Or, I will go lay down proper and get it over with? You know the one I should do, but we’re no good here are we? Damn.

We’re back again … It’s now about 4:45 pm.



We’ve been up from our nap for a bit. We talked to Deb for a while, and then we had dinner, read a little, and now we’re back here. We are disappointing ourselves with our accomplishments. I have to break that thread, so I’m going to the treadmill now … brb.



Whew ok … not very long … another 3 minute and 20 seconds. We set the timer for another 35 minutes. We’ll try again. We also did our recording … We’re at 1900 calories and we’d like to hold it there for the day, which means only maybe will we have the grapefruit later. For the record, we had a little pineapple left from yesterday. Rich and us shared a mini after he got home.

Aha! So, now we are here again. We had a very nice surprise. Our friend came home for about 75 minutes between activities. His game got canceled due to rain, and he wanted to eat dinner economically, before going out with the fishy guys. Cool, cool. He had to also drop some clothes at the cleaners and then pick up his friend a couple blocks over. I know which one is his apartment now. WooHOOO … I’d gotten down the building part, but couldn’t remember which apartment. Now I know. Good Ann. I’m not sure if he knows which apartment, but he may have asked. Not sure.

I’m glad he gets to do the drive with his friend. Seems to make a lot of sense. He said he might go out for a beer, but he wasn’t sure. So, we’ll have to see how that plays out. In the meantime, I talked to Deb for a moment. She was on her way to church. Poor Deb, she’s achy because of some physical tests she had to do to maintain her position. I really dislike when she’s in pain. I suggested that if my phone was working that we talk maybe tonight. Especially since our friend won’t be home until 9:30-10.

We had a so-so time talking with him. We had to go over some motivation stuff on school and not spending money. He had brought up the mail with the zoo membership so there was that question needed to be answered. We said we’d like to tell you about money stuff before we do it, but we are scared you are going to be mad. But, he wasn’t. He thought the zoo was reasonable. I was glad for that. We talked to him ahead of time in that I told him that we wanted to give Joe $100 to go down to Springfield next week. He said that was ok too and that he would be spending $1500 about to help his son buy a car. We hadn’t questioned his gift to son, nor had we thought the two sons next to each other, but I was glad that he didn’t mind. Hehehe he did say something about getting his money out of our account. We laughed … FINALLY we said. He hadn’t wanted to before, but we’d hoped sense kicked in because we are not too good at saving money. I was so glad Joe got squeaked in there though. I hadn’t told him previous to making the arrangement, but I did tell Joe after that I would like to give him a little extra. He said that he might be able to take that. He always makes me so happy. He’s such a good Joe. It’s not too much, but hopefully enough for gas and some food. He said that he got his hair cut today, so I know that he’s thinking about things. Every time I can bring a smile to his face, it makes me happy.

Rich and us talked a little about the treadmill too. I told him that the guy had called back and said that it really should be fixed and that it was going to be a $300 fee. That would cover the treadmill, maybe the lubricant stuff and the labor.

It’s a lot of money and I guess we’re going to need consider how relevant this machine is going to be. Speaking of … I should try it again. BRB.

Good girl … that’s another 3 1/2. The timer went off when Rich was home too, so we
did one then as well.



Ok, back back. We might see if we can walk in slippers, but otherwise we might be feeling a conflict. Because pretty much by this time of the day, we want to be feeling more casual. Hehehe sent a little note along to Deb. She’s over at church and should be home in about 20-30 minutes. Yup, yup that’s how I want to do life … just us and the friends and having a good time. Hmm, I hope I don’t get too tired.

I think my light slippers might work … the ones with the rubber like grip on the bottom. I think they will lift up when I walk … the other ones my nice fluffy bunny slippers need a little more focus on the toe gripping part. Yup yup you read it here first. Oh yeah … one other thing we did was to connect the boombox. The cord goes over the top of the floor … that was Sweetie Pie’s suggestion that it not have to go in back of the furniture. He also said that we could put it on the dresser with the lamp, but we have the lamp so nice right now in front of the wall hanging.

We’re thinking that we would like now just a $10-20 long skiny, adhesive type mirror in front of the machine. I don’t like looking at the wall, although a slight glance gets us into the kitchen area. Whoops let’s go try this slipper thing.



Ok, that was pretty good. We did another 3 minutes. Not stellular, but a good inbetween number for the time being. We really do like the music on. We’re not as crazy about the slippers, but until we think of something better. The only alternative we can figure now is to put back on the shoes and that feels like a terrible idea right now. We set the timer for another 30 minutes. Our goal today was to get in 6 times. So, that’s where we’re up to. We’re at 5 done right now.

We’re emphasizing Missy stay down though because after the last time we were up we devoted 15 minutes to petting her and that’s pretty much enough for a while we figure.

Hmm, what’s next … maybe we better do a quick check of the news.