Visit www.MarineParents.com, a Place to Connect & Share (tm)

Thursday, April 19, 2007

Still catching up this is Monday the 16th

Good morning! We did it, we did it … we got the sleeping bear up!!! Pshwoo that was hard work, because something inside him didn’t want to get up I think … hehehe He was going hmmmmmmmmmumblemumble. My poor baby bear. We got him the coffee though … that was a good thing. We had to give him a real good rub down … we gave him an extra 10 minutes, but in truth it took about 20 minutes before he stood up to go see the shower. Now, he’s there and all is good.

We woke up about an hour before him, but we were sleeping at the keyboard a little bit. We were reading about Inuit hunters losing their frozen hunting ground because of Global warming. I think we got down to ABOUT the end. But, we got Sweetie Pie up in time woohoooo!!!

I think the reason he is up so early is because he wanted to be out of the house at 6 am sharp. He’s got a whole list of things to take care of. Whoops Missy wants in on this new morning schedule. She says thanks for moving the coffee cup. I think she likes someone being in the shower already. She says people sleep around too much in the morning. Hmm, I wonder what is going to come next … Ohhh, that’s right … we got to do the shaving/tooth brushing part. That’s some really good stuff there.

Hmm, all of a sudden my right middle and ring finger are hurting. Hmm, what’s that all about … it seems to have gone down now, but I don’t like the thought of all that … first thought usually is … it’s happened, the arthritis has spread. I think that worries me more than death, because if I can’t type than I wouldn’t know what I would do. Well, maybe we’d have to get some kind of voice recognition, but I would still need to press some kind of keys as I were talking. This is how we think!

Missy says, yes that’s a good point. Hmm, she’s being very agreeable this morning.

AND, she’s sitting up against my right arm, but on the outside. That’s a welcome relief. Ahhh, there’s the shaver part … the other is over. Maybe I better let him get dressed by himself this morning and save those few moments I might get with him over by the table. He’s at the 5:22 mark … doing pretty good. I don’t think he planned to open the computer while he was still here. I know he can do this, because he seems to have his mind set. I’ve worked very hard not to interrupt his bathroom time, figured he needed sometime to pull himself together. I do like to watch him dress though its not hardly half the fun of watching him undress! Woo HOOO Nakid man! Nakid man!

Last night, he let me watch him pack and I got to help by folding a few of his clothes … that was like an important job. He was a little fuss-budgety … in that when he went to look for his next and next object … he kept moving all the time.

Think he’d do much better to make a list and check off the items, but I don’t think it would be as exciting. It was like watching a little boy on his way to the frog pond, let’s see slingshot, bows and arrows, bubble gum … hehehe you get the idea.

Hmm, maybe he wants to use the computer, we better ask.

WooHOOO Project Sleeping bear complete and successful. He got out of the house 10 minutes ahead of schedule. He was concerned about making it around Lake Shore Drive area before the traffic set in. He did very, very good. He was ok in mood, but we figured he was in his serious mode and we better not bother him with too much talk.

Everything today is to release himself from work toward play … and that is truly a good motivator of man. Hmm, I should be quoted for that. He sure was a good Rich … I feel comfortable in that right now he’s sipping his coffee, is on the road, listening to his eclectic music, and producing organized thought. He’ll go in this mode for quite a while. I was thinking I’d see him at work, but then I remembered I don’t go to work on Monday’s … WooHOOO. I think I may want to jump in the shower in a few moments just to get things started … I would like to AGAIN do some paper writing this morning. I think our friend may have a good influence on us. I sure did like the weekend though.

This morning I had the thought that I could do more surprises for our friend when he was gone. That made me feel smiley. I’m not sure what though. Decluttering is coming to mind first. I know, I know PAPERS! Be a super surprise to have finished the final paper before he gets back next Sunday. I think he’ll return about 6 pm.

But, I’m not sure. That’s my time line to have everything done and ready to smooch him to pieces. Hmm, very good. The Traffic report just came in and now almost 15 minutes later they are saying traffic along the initial route is going like 41 average miles per hour. That’s real good because within 30 – 45 minutes it will slow down to between 7 – 15 miles an hour. I think he beat it! AND, it’s positively beautiful driving along Lake Shore Drive at sunrise. Lake to the right, buildings shimmering to the left, all speed ahead! If you haven’t done the trip … you just gotta try it out. I think the only thing better is to stop in an old fashioned coffee house. NOOO Starbucks. I’m talking waitresses with little aprons and white, stalky cups. If you are a real good customer you will flirt with the waitress and she’ll earn her tip.

Ahhh that be the life.

Ok, I’m going to stay honest, better get to the shower. I’d like to open them drapes.



There, we did good almost all done. The shower is in, we’re dressed, have the drapes open, did our medicine, did the mask and dishwasher, and made sure everything was picked up. We did good. AND as you can see we had a kitty petting session with Chief. He was being very sneaky and lulling me into sleep … He set peeet, peeeet, your eyes are getting drooopey. Damn. He’s very good. But, after I found my eyes closed and my head sinking I snapped too, kissed the kitty and nudged him off the table. Swhooo. No end what I go through here in the morning. I’d like to go sometime today now to the fruit store, but that’s about it. Unless I could think of something nice for Sweetie Pie. Hmm, I wonder how expensive a couple soap dishes would be. That be nice. Maybe that’s in our budget? We’ll have to think that out.

Now, for the official business … what are we going to do nice for Sweetie Pie to send him off proper on his fishing trip. He packed up most last night, but we’re pretty sure we should leave something in that bag. Hmm, brb. There … Good! We put a note in his jeans pocket, and we put a note tucked into his underwear. Being a guy he packed only the exact amount needed … a girl might have packed extra. I asked, “But, what happen you fall in the water?” And, he said the guy thing … I’ll wear something twice. YEEKS! And, we were listening to the items as he checked them off in his mind. And, I started to say shaver, and then I caught myself, but not in time he said, “What?!” And, I said … oh my I’m sorry it’s against guy rules to shave when your fishing, right? Hohoho. Guys don’t need to shave for themselves! But, I noticed he did bring deodorant. Good fishy man. Hmm, like to put one more thing in that suit case … what shall it be. I know our little kitty cat. That’s a good idea!

Hehehe That was a GOOD one!

Good, GOOD Fishyman!



If I knew where Khahil Gibran’s book was I would pack that too. But that could be anywhere on the shelve. Hehehe ok ok … I found something better for the time being. We found Skinner’s book Walden II on Utopia, and we found a book on advanced strategies for winning poker hehehe. That’s good stuff. He might not want to get caught reading the poker one. I don’t know if that’s cheating when you read. How’s he going to explain the love of his life helped, ummm pack the bag. Good fishyman.

*Sigh* We’re doing pretty good here. The dishwasher is still making its swishing sounds and it’s about 7:30 am. I keep thinking though, one more nice thing, one more. But, I am also aware at this point that I would like never to stop. Hmm, maybe I should put an extra pair of warm socks in there? I wonder if I got some.

Hmm, I gotta stop doing this … I think we threw out our guy wool socks, but we found one of those hospital socks they give you with the little rubber stripes to keep you from falling. AND, we put in a screw driver and tape measure in case he wants to do some guy stuff. You know that if I had duct tape, we would add that too. Hmm, interesting … maybe when we’re out? Let’s see I have $15. Maybe $5 for the soap trays $4 for the tape, and then $6 for fruit? We don’t need that much fruit, so maybe there will be a couple dollars extra. Ok, better hold off at this much then … don’t want to over-do it … he’s still got to carry the bag. Hehehe

Ok, you … we need to stop obsessing. Good good. Got the other little wire mesh box of note cards to the desk. I noticed Sweetie has been using the box we put on the kitchen table, and that he’d looked for something at the computer to write on … I think I would like to put some Velcro’s on top of my screen and on the bottom of my little stuffed animals so I can get them on top where they are visable. Hmm, that might not be a good guy thing though. We’ll have to think of that some more. Where can I put them??

Ok, ok that’s good for a bit. We cleaned out the space right under the main monitor – the shorter one directly in front of us and lined them up there. That’s user friendly for us and if Rich ever DID have a guest … we could move them so we don’t embarrass him. Awe, but that might hurt someone’s feelings. Shhh, it will be ok. It’s a good arrangement for the time being. We’ve got also then under the longer screen, a speaker, the hand cleaner, the little file box with note cards, our glass with the flowers in it. Our timer, toward the back of that our brush and the kitties brush, and then standing upright is our checkbook, the diabetes tester and a bag of floss picks. Don’t worry you can’t see it outright  then there is another speaker and 7 of the animals, baby bear is sitting up on the third speaker, and then there is the CPU and towards the side/front of that the phone, the last of the four upright speakers, and then the calculator, with of course then the keyboard, mouse and pad, and towel for kitties. That’s about it. Oh yea on top of the smaller screen rests our desk light, and web cam, and then on top of our CPU the color markers and pencils. Now if I can keep the dirty dishes and water bottles off then we’re all good. We’re doing better here, but not perfect yet.

Hmm, in our mind we keep coming up with worries of how to get our clothes washed.

Rich has been taking his and an extra load of towels each time. That’s been real nice. I think there are only 4 extra bags left. I’m afraid we’re still at the point where we need to sit downstairs for two loads. I’m toying with that idea now. I wonder if the machines are busy. I think I have more than two bags of clothes. I have everything I need downstairs. But, I would have to think through going out to the fruit store and drug store too. It’s just 8 am now. Could I do this? Maybe the first thing to think through is do I have the bags packed. That would take an up time. And, I’d have to commit to it. Damn this is hard.

Hey you … it’s me again. We’ve been kinda busy, kinda not. We did do the two loads of clothes downstairs and they are now put away on hangers or dresser. I did a couple minor things in the room. I started making the bed and I found that I couldn’t lift anymore. I needed to take a mental break from it. I think that the bedspread should be taken to the laundry. It is the most terrible collection of cat hair, I ever saw. It’s just terrible. Not only is it on the top of the bedspread, especially where Chief likes to lay, but also all along the backside near the baseboard. I’m thinking this might be where Missy has been sleeping – under the bed next to the heat source. It’s almost if the blanket had grown hair. I don’t know … I think fishy man is too busy and this is something that I should be able to do.

But, there is no money for it today. Man – o – man … it was terrible. Definitely placed on the to-do list. I also moved the Boom box from the kitchen to our Sweetie Pies room so he can listen to his ocean music. I think he is going to like that. I have then an opportunity to lessen the mess on the cupboard I’ve long since wanted to that … too much stuff. I moved the light over to the dresser side of the room too so that it could be turned off as Sweetie suggested by the light plug. I cleared all the pillows and towels from the top of the dresser and left just a small hand towel to offset the light. It looks very nice and highlights the quilt up on the wall. There are a bunch of books right now on the headboard. I’m not so sure of all that, but I don’t want to put them in the regular collection. Hehehe good night time reading for a guest. I really, really want the treadmill to be working now … It’s been good for me to be moving around more this last couple of weeks. I want to be able to do little sprints while I’m watching Rich cook. I would feel that even up the score. I feel like this apartment is really being lived in. And, it feels livelier with less clutter.

I spent a good amount of time downstairs thinking through a couple of things.

First, I was trying to arrange in my mind what had to happen when I could move around again. Like I really want more garbage down, but I can’t move it right now, because it would clutter the back of the kitchen too much. Like I want to replace the chair in Rich’s room with a smaller more manageable one from the closet and I want to put that where he puts his briefcase. Then the two of that set from the kitchen and the bedroom, I want thrown away like the third. I would really also want rich to take off the back of the second chair in the living room. That has become a great second chair while one of us is working on the computer and the other wants to sit and chat. I think it would look much better as a comfy stool than a broken chair.



Just me, just me. We’ve been doin some more housecleaning. Where did we leave off last? Ok, good I see. Well, what’s gone on since we were last here was major work in the kitchen. Starting from the back, we took all the boxes and bags and moved them to the back of the kitchen table next to the outside wall. I am much more comfortable with our to go downstairs pile being there (loading dock) hehehe, then along our inside kitchen wall. I did some good rearranging on the table. Since I had one placemat just cleaned and there was another under my medicine bottles that stay at the table, I reached for the one under the pills. To my surprise!! There were two clean placemats making three total. I had to figure out what to do with the pills, because there are more than a dozen bottles and it is a terrible eyesore. THEN, I found a large tin that was orange and black striped and an interesting shape. It was sitting on the back of my wicker shelves. So, I took that and sure enough the pills fit in beautifully and it allowed me to keep my rows, which is important for the parts that can’t tell bottles apart. Then I had the top because that wouldn’t fit on the bottom now. So, I had the idea to put the tables other little necessitites. This included Rich’s black note box, a medium size candle, the two lighters for the candle, a miniature set of salt and pepper, and my extra car keys. Yup, yup that’s it … I just checked. Well, you know after you make-over a room you want to keep going back to check it out! So, I was working with those two items top and bottom and their contents, and I had to figure out with the three new place mats, where was I going to put the flower and paper towel box (blended in with the wrapping paper). What I came up with was to pull both the metal containers back toward the 4th chair (where the garbage is stacked) and then to place the colored paper towel box between the two. This was excellent !!! Such a simple move, but it takes a while to figure it out. The beauty of it was that the colored box sat higher than the medicine container, so sitting at Riches side chair, my medicine bottles were blocked and he had a nice backdrop to which is going to become his side where there was the note card box, etc. Whoops needs a pen, brb.

Ok, back … after those three items were pulled back to a couple inches from the end of the table, the flower became perfectly centered between that and the three placemats. And, Rich’s to-do cards that he leaves out on the table, picked up this nice sheltered corner on the back 2/5’s of the table. Wallah! Finished!

Hehehe well, at least finished with the table. The next area to get hit was the kitchen counter. Without the boombox, there was a lot of room left. So, I got a fresh wash cloth and washed the counter, and then I decided first to hide the electrical switches things in the crick of the L-shaped corner. The coffee pot held ground fairly close to the sink, and next to that was a can of coffee with filters on top. And then I placed a drawing of me shielded by plastic made to sit on flat surfaces in front of the outlet covering the cords. In front of that I suggest by leaving my coffee cup that that will be the place for Rich to leave his thermos when he comes home. Man-o-man he thrills me to pieces. Then I took the blender out of its inconvenient corner and brought out to the inside edge where the island juts out from the wall. That way you couldn’t see it from the most obvious chair (Rich’s).

The blender and the coffee pot have become very important to Rich and us because almost every night I have to make lemonade, or limeade, or tangerine slurpees for the two of us. I know it’s a tough job, but somebuddy has to do it. Hehehe. Then in-between that and the coffee mugs, we put a couple boxes of cereal and out wicker basket with fruit. AHA! Good Stuff. I looked over too toward the back other side of counters, micro, and stove. We made an executive decision on the thinner ledge between stove and frigerator to toss the food processor, I had found earlier last week not to work any longer. I figured that where the paper towels and bread would go. Then I got rid of the boxes of rice on one side of the microwave and the cascade on the other side. They were designated to lower cupboards. That left the microwave unencumbered, but I left on top the small white plastic cutting board, the larger salt and pepper shakers, The plastic cover for microwave use, and the little acrylic box we leave for loose change. I made sure the sinks were clean the dishwasher liquid on the back of the sink, instead of my cooking counter, and the drainers were put in their proper place too.

Yes, so do you think we’re a fanatic? Hehehe There was just a little more change.

I fixed the plastic bags on the wicker to look neater, closed up the old garbage, though the way we’ve been going, no garbage stays empty for each 12 hours. Silly me. That then went to the back of the room, and after much deliberation, I made my move on the extra chairs and kitty stuff. The kitty bowls have long since sat on a larger rug folded down to approximate size. It was a ragged rug to begin with though I’d loved it at one point. I decided the kitty things were going to move, but I refused to move the old ugly plastic containers. I hate em, but decided to keep them for times we leave for overnight and want to give them a bigger share of food. I put them in the dishwasher at this point. I decided to use one of Rich’s extra blue bins to get rid of the ughly paper bag that comes with the largest size cat food. It held beautifully and I have no doubt the bin will hold a full bag emptied into it. The cover sits on it very well and it seems much more durable and attractive than the stupid bag, which scratches our hand when we reach in to get a cup of food. Now too the cup instead of sitting on the island sits where it can be seen in the bin. Sort of like a sand box.

For the bowls, I searched around the house for a while, and what I came up with is to use four glass bowls that were meant for popcorn. They have attractive writing on them in brown and are like a deep trapezoid. I love em. We saved one for the wet food, one for the dry food, and two for water. I put the blue plastic container on a different wall – the one next to the back bedroom and the dishwasher. In front of it (and a little under) we put a white hand towel, and then placed the bowls appropriately in a L-shape. I couldn’t be more pleased that Chief had come out to see what was going on and he sampled politely the dry food and water. It was a beauty. They are smaller than their other containers, but out more than behind the island, and should be accessible to the sink and dishwasher. Too on the top of the blue container, I opened the top of their two boxes of 10 wet kitty foods. Hmm, I could do better!

There!! I made a little starbucks for them. I had a large two-toned brown clay plate and I arranged in a circular design the 20 pouches of kitty food. That way it looks a little fancier for our kitties, but it’s easy to serve. It’s way, way different than the eyesore of that rug which was difficult to clean around and had way too many dropped kitty foods on it. With the hand towel, it is easy to replace with a clean one when we sweep, or when all four popcorn balls go into the dishwasher. WAIT, almost done arranging … the last thing we did well, in-between too, but we swept the area real good where the kitty stuff was before in back of the island. From the backside you have an excellent view into the cooking part of the kitchen, so we cleaned off the high chair (adult size) and we moved over Rich’s chair for gathering his things before he leaves and placed both properly behind the island so now for the first time we can really see into Rich’s kitchen as he is working. I know he is going to love it, because although most often he starts concentrating too hard to really talk, he likes to be watched. AHA! Just my line of work.

So, there you have it a play down of the kitchen … maybe I will get a couple pictures in a minute so I can show you how it looks. Right now my mind isn’t ready for that complexity. But soon.

I decided something else today. I don’t want to go hog crazy, but I would like to start a collection of tins. We have 8-10 around, but not too many, but I like to place them in and around the bookshelves. Nothing Courrier or Ives or nothing … no $300 porcelain dolls, just good old fashioned decorative bakery tins. Then I could hehehe this is where we are so weird. My mind says that after I collect the tin, I should put some kind of surprise in it for my Granddaughters, so when they get here, they can check out as many tins as they would like. Just small stuff like a fortune cookie, or an old bracelet, or a faded flower. Something fun. Yup, yup … I’m going into that plan right away. I think though to be official, I will ask Sweetie pie if he could get me something in a tin, for a few assorted holidays – if he thinks about it. Sister is a great one too. She gets stuff in tins all the time. AHA! Great plan. I’d rather have the one with sentimental value from Rich though. Maybe then I could tape a paper inside placing down the date, occasion, and a little something. Man-o-man … do I like to think! Hehehe … I know … I could just have him pick one up on the rare occasion he makes an emotional mistake. LOL oh man that be sweet … kind of like they did in the olden RICH times where the guy had to buy the girl diamonds. We’re a lot more appreciative of our poorness. Then our friend though will always know what to buy us. Hopefully, it won’t cost any more than $10-15. I think that’s a deal! We could just call it a “reward” Ann prize! WooHOOO!

Hmm, Deb should be reading some of this. I think she has to be organizing an decluttering too. AHA. We better mail her this part of the post. We THINK we’re done doing good stuff. Each time we move something I’m thinking we’re making it a little more like Rich and Ann’s place. I would like to present a simple home with not too much clutter. Well, maybe a few stuffed animals. Just the washable ones though. We can do that later after we catch up with other stuff.

Ok, ok … you know what though I would like more than anything? Right at this very moment, I would like to take a nap. I feel unbelievably tired after all this movement today … everything that was listed above, had to be done in 3-4 minute increments of time. We’ve been working on household now for 6 ½ hours. That must be a new time record for us. I just want to have a place where Rich is comfortable and people can drop over. I sure would like it though if Rich got some of his maps up and we moved our pictures over to the back room. AND, AGAIN … we need to get the treadmill going. Maybe if Ann isn’t good, she has to walk a time on the tread mill for however far we can get. That be a great tradeoff for getting tins! WooHOOO… Ok, ok … for now let’s get in that nap. It’s my understanding that Rich is going to be home kind of late, but might want to switch some of our knobs. Hehhe OK YOU. Go to bed!



Ok, Frosty Rossy,

This is your altered conscious writing to you ... You didn't give us the exhilarated response we were looking for.

Cleaning, we find, is a series of small tiny goals. That means baby steps and decisions.

Let's do it this way ... you clear some time and we'll walk through it with you :) I can be your Hammerer helperer.

Let's make it so we can talk on the telephone, but it has to be monitored against work getting done. This has to be set as a goal. No phone calls unless we are making and doing goals. And, they have to be positive and face forward. The goals will read something like ...

"I will make this house into something that I love,
because my family, the people I love best no matter what, live here with me,
and I want to make them and me happy."


A little talking, a little more goal doing ... You see how we come back and forth to the computer? We write, then we do, then we write? For you we can do we talk, then you do, then we talk :)

What about it partner?

Us

Hehehe … that’s just a note we sent our special friend. Thinking maybe back to the nappin

Oh dear … cable is down and there’s not much we can do about it … it made AOL unstable, and then impossible, and then the phone went, and now we’re without all of it. It looks like we have an AOL screen and we’re on-line, but none of the buttons work without long stalls and then fade to nothing. The AIM says connection lost … now it says it has a connection, but AOL’s not registering too well. I guess we’re going to need waiting it out until it progresses by itself or I can use Rich’s phone to call the cable company. Hmm, said I have mail but won’t show it and I still can’t get music. ARGH lost AIM again too.

Ok, waited 7-8 minutes now everything seems to be working again … we’ll try to call Deb again when she get’s back. This it was something in our local area. Hopefully, it’s straightened out.

Ok, we can do this, right? Deb’s out pickin up her daughter from work. We’ve just had a confusing session where she was only getting part of my IM’s and we tried to connect on the phone, but that didn’t go through. Maybe now it’s better and we can talk … oh I was going to find that phone piece, hold on.