Visit www.MarineParents.com, a Place to Connect & Share (tm)

Thursday, April 19, 2007

This is posting late, but Sunday the 15th



Good morning, It’s just mi. We’ve been up for about 30 minutes … I’m not sure with what … I know we did have to take care of a little spill the kitties made. That wasn’t too bad. Let’s see we ate a banana, and worried about not appearing naked on the picture. Don’t worry, we run a clean show here. We also did the normal stuff with kittie food, coffee, mask and such. It’s about quarter to 5 am. This is the morning that fishy man stays home for a bit and does his fishy stuff in the living room. He was very happy for the cleaned out closet and the clean linen closet and the clean table. We’ve got one more tiny surprise with the paper towels, but that is just a 5 second elation. I’d like to be able to do special things for him every day. I know that he likes the ones too where we are moving about. We did a lot of that yesterday. But, still with the frequent breaks. I was glad that we could get into our shorts, but want them to fit more comfortably. I know that I’m nothing to look at. All my weight is under the table and lens. *Sigh* We’re working on it fishy man, we’re working on it.

Today is also the day of the boys. Maury and Joe both checked in … I know we’re good to go. I’m not sure what’s happening with Thom. It would be such a nice surprise if he dropped in.

Ok, I faded there a bit. I did some important stuff you wake up worrying about.

Basically, I wanted to know if I had enough money to pay for the boys dinner today … cuz that’s the Mom thing to do and especially they are going through rough spots. I think it’s another matter too because we will want to give them a little something special. I was thinking just $20 for each Maury, Joe, and Lauren. That will give Joe a little something in his gas tank, and might be enough for Maury and Lauren to eat out once. Nice to have a little Easter something. So figured it would be a $120 venture today. I got $20 that I found yesterday when cleaning … that was nice two brand new $10 bills! So, in the process of figuring things out, I paid all my bills that I know of for the month. I think I’m pretty on top of things, because Sweetie has been bringing up the mail regularly. That leaves me with $80 in the account. I figure I’m going to need $50 in the account to support next month’s bills of car and rent. Plus $30 would keep the account open. This would be then $100 that I give my friend a check for. No, better do it in cash because he’s got to keep his bank accounts clean. I will pay him back right away as soon as my work check posts. I’ve got a full tank of gas so we’re ok there. And, we don’t have Dr. Marvin this week so there will be no parking. I think I budgeted a little more too I was thinking $300 for medicine and I don’t think its that much I was thinking it not quite enough but close for the 3 month mark. I would like to get that going again instead of always being out of pills. That’s the other thing I did, was to call in the pharmacy. They confirmed that no one had updated a prescription. So, we called Dr. Marvin’s voice mail and sent a couple of emails. I don’t mean to bother him on his vacation, but I had sent in the request on Friday. I guess he missed it. It’s the one I take for anxiety. The only other thing I can think of is to try to get ahold of the regular doctor. I don’t know how difficult it would be to get her, but I’ll try on Monday if Dr. Marvin hasn’t responded. I know he’s at home, but I don’t know if he’s checking messages. I also don’t know if he started his vacation on Friday or Saturday. Pshwoo … ok, I think I’ve done the next good things. So let’s rest a moment?

Hmm, I wonder since the bank hasn’t posted my money yet … they put it under pending … I wonder if I could just take out my $100 from it. Hmm, better ask my fishy friend. I should be able to pay him back on Monday or Tuesday before his trip. If he’s got that much extra on him and is ok with my plans … I know that it isn’t much for the boys, but a mom’s gotta do something … as much as she can. AND, the money is there … just not accessible, so it is like pretty much ok, right?



Ok, ok … we better be moving on … Hmm, I wonder maybe I should be putting down for our fishy friend what we spent money on … that might help.

Good, good, I did that … It’s looking positive … this is what we got. $1226.48 minus $110 cable, $65 electric, $50 social security, $50 UIC, $93.30 dentist, $50 oral surgeon, $50 hospital debt, $100 Dr. M. $50 hospital debt, $90 car insurance, $130 medicine, $50 toward car payment, $100 boys, and $50 toward bank balance. And out of the next $1217 will be $870 for rent, and $395 for car – so we’ll need that extra $50 we saved from the first check. That will leave me with a balance of $47 a week spending money, but again gas is full and no Dr. M parking … so maybe we can save it up, except maybe pay something toward fruit. I like that idea a lot. We have fruit in the house this week, but no grapefruits or oranges. I think after the money clears, I will do that. Woo Hoo, feel rich!

Ok, ok … good to go. It’s 6 am … I wonder if hunny bunny is EVER going to get up.

:) Ok, ok … you stop being silly and let the poor man sleep in … It’s SUNDAY!!!



Woo Hoo!! It’s me again… Just out of the shower and ready to go. I got a response back from Sr. already. I had written an email saying …

I would like to ask that when you are calculating the raises, if any, in July that I earn enough of a percent to balance out so that my check is at least $1270 per check. I think the 3% raise is about a $1200 difference and that is a lot of money, but that is before taxes money. It amounts to a $50 increase per half month. The difference I am asking for is $53 per check more. But, I want this to be the amount of my raise after taxes.

I don't think we're spending frivolously. I'm paying about $550 for doctor/medicine related expenses. They are asking now that I pay an additional $248, which again jeopardizes my time with Dr. Marvin. My rent has been stable at $870, and the new car, which was bought as a work necessity and at a fairly low cost for cars, is costing me $395 and car insurance is $90. Although, paying bills isn't your concern, but at present I only have a balance of about $530 to be paying for all other expenses including food, gas, electric, computer cable, phone, and extra especially including being a mom/grandma expenses like a periodic gift/holiday.

Fortunately, I am not yet paying for school expenses.

I would at least like enough, $1270 received, so that I can pay for rent and car with half a month's pay (50% of check).

Please consider this and I will talk further about it if you wish after the weekend. I'm sorry to have to ask for more. It's something I have always tried to avoid. But, the old car was causing too much problems. I don't have any other means of financial support.

Thank you,

Her email in response just said, good morning. We’ll see. That’s good enough for me. Wow, that’s a lotta business for first thing in the morning. Now, we get to relax a little? We’ve left the sheet explaining our money on Rich’s side of the table where he leaves his notes. I’m being pretty daring this morning … First we ask Rich for $100 and then we ask our boss for a raise …Pshwooo … Better land this cloud.

SOOOO, what else? Umm, we took a shower, but apparently someone didn’t shut the plastic thing well enough because we drownded a 1/3 of the bathroom. We got dressed quickly just in case the guy down stairs comes banging at our door. I dried it up the best I could … But, it was definitely wet. But, the good news is that its just before 7 am and we’re already showered. Hmm, probably should take our medicine too. I sure hope Dr. M. reads his email this morning. I think I have the one for his home use that I’ll use on rare emergency. I’m afraid this morning of driving without it … Getting to Maury’s is about a 25 minute trip on at least one busy street. Shhh, ok, let’s not get panicky. Why don’t we take what we have, Hmm?

Ok, good … we’re being a very good Ann this morning. Just think both fish man AND the boys AND the granddaughters. Oh and Missy says AND a kitty. Silly creature.

Hmm. 7 am now I wonder if fishy man is going to get up sooooooooon…. Shoot, he’s taking a long time. Missy said she thought she heard something. But, sometimes she is just like that. She’s got quite an imagination.



Ok, here kitty … it’s time to get back to business … we gave her a full undivided attention pet for 10 minutes. But, by the my hand is very fallen asleep … and I’ve been relaxed and am coming back the other way. PLUS I wanted another drink of coffee. She’s sitting on the couch in back of us now contemplating. I don’t know if that will be enough to satisfy her for a while. But, I figure its only fair if Rich is going to be stroked, so must the kitties OR someone is going to get their nose out of joint … Hmpf! It’s almost nice enough for them to be going out, but just a little less chill.

Ok, ok … so is there anything else before we get into that you know what? We’re going to get out the paper problem right away in case the mood suddenly strikes us.

Ok, here it is:

u01d2 Research Methods

Describe and contrast three research methods used by cognitive psychologists.

How might an insight gained from basic cognitive psychology and affective psychology lead to practical uses in everyday settings?

This is what has to happen. Hmm, Missy is not settled yet. I think she thinks it’s a work day and we’re running late. Hmm, she’s cool … I think she’s been outside. Well if she lays down now … we’re not going to be petting her. We’re in the face whacking stage. She’s so consistent its silly.



This is her pressing up against us on one of her pass-byes … I think she said they were random acts of kindness. Eh. Too each their own. Now we are typing over her back. I hope she gets the hint no more petting … it’s time for something else, hmm?

Ok, I succumbed to Missy … we went a half hour that was 9/10’s hers and no typing.

She thought she was going to stay forever, but then Chief came out. He’s now on the floor next to me considering seriously jumping up …oop he’s up. He is going to have his way with me too? Hmm, he’ sitting politely next to me, but I fear this is a trap. I know without a doubt if I raise my hand to pet him once its like saying come in to my life and pet me my dear. They are sneaky like that.



See first it starts with sweet whispers, but believe me … it always ends up with a kitty getting pet. This is pretty much a good difference in styles though … Chief will wait fairly patiently and sneak into the hug when we’re not paying attention.

Missy on the other hand will troll over and over in front of you while all the time looking for the next rub. If she’d be a car, they would call it a side-swipe. Hmm, Chief thinks that Rich should be getting up soon too. It’s already 7:37. I figure we’ll give him 23 more minutes and then we are going in after him. TOOO sleepy! I figure I’m going to have to leave her by 10:15 am. That means only a couple hours of watching him wake up and getting to his fishy task. That’s the part we’ve been aching to see. He talks about fishing all the time, but we never get to see fishy stuff. He says he has to choose at least 6 poles out of about 10 or so and there is a lot of lures to be working on. He said that he had worked yesterday in a side room off the front of the house – so kind of an entry way. I would have liked to seen that. Good fishy man. Ok, ok shhhhh….

Ahh … just turned up the music a little. We’re still listening to New Age. I like it a lot. Ok, that’s enough of that. What is it that you would like to talk about … I know, I know fishy man!?? ARGH!!! Nothing new? Well, we haven’t talked about how mesmerizing his eyes are yet? Hmm, well maybe, but at least not today! There are times




This is what is known as making google eyes. It seems that no matter what he is telling us we’re soaking it up like butter. Yes, dear, yes dear … anything you say. Yes, I’ve seen frogs with wings, uh huh. Hehehe well maybe not that bad, but we’re pretty besparkled. Ok, ok shhh only 12 more minutes. What should we do. I know, I know … why don’t we get him coffee in bed! Well, if he’s not up in 12 minutes we’ll serve him. He’s probably never had anything served to him in bed yet … WooHOOO!!! Something new. What else can we do for our sweetie pie.

*Sigh* We’re working on a very good day here. Last we left off it was much earlier and we were thinking of waiting Sweetie Pie. 10 minutes to 8 am, but he got up before we could serve him coffee in bed, so we served him coffee at the table instead. Now it is already 4:30 pm. We’re just home from Maury’s about a half hour. Our Sweetie Pie is close to getting home too, but he might stop at his friend’s house. Home soon I hope … he has some tax stuff to finish, and then he has to do some business stuff, and he has to pack for the fishing trip. He’s still planning on leaving by Tuesday, I think. I don’t think he went to the fishing store with his buddy, but he has his buddy’s new map. I think the place he was going was like an hour away. Long drive for him, but it would have been a good time for him to think. He has to put down the stuff from business and pick up the fishing stuff. It’s a thick line drawn between being a business man at 8 am, and a fisherman by 8 pm.

But, for now I thought you might want to hear a little about our sons and granddaughters. Our daughter-in-law was hard at work. She is putting in like 50 hours, which seems like a lot of time. I don’t think she is happy, but maybe have to decide what to do next. I think the money is fairly good for her, but I could imagine that her family misses her. It doesn’t matter if it is a female or male, I think the one that is staying a home more gets burdened on a lot when there are kids at home. For the record though if someone were to stay at home, these girls would be just the right two to have. I don’t think we got a picture of Ame because she was outside playing with her next door neighbor friends. She came in to eat and talk for a few moments, but she was on the go and active the rest of the time. I think Maury felt bad that she wasn’t spending more time with her Grandmother, but I was so happy to see her out in the fresh air using her muscles that it was no consideration problem at all. She’s healthy and happy. Just can’t go wrong there.

She gave me big squishy hugs when we left … she’s such a gosh darn blessing.

She is going to be starting soccer practice next week for the next 8 weeks. Wow.

Big deal stuff … she’s with mostly 6 years old and a few 5 year olds this year.

There are 6 girls and 4 boys on the team, and her father is the proud coach. That was one of the things he talked about. I think that he’s a little nervous. He played out the practice from his mind and he seemed to have all the basis covered.

There is a lot to do from the time they start to an hour afterward. He and Ame came up with a new game something like something Maury read about with cats and mice and cheese … Cheese being the soccer ball, the net being the mouse hole, and defense … well, you get the drift. He’s going to be having them run and do drills and man it sure did sound fun to be a kid again. How proud is the Daddy? Umm, he’s got a regulation soccer net out in his back yard. Silly Maury. But, I approve of that expense. He said only $80 and I thought … hmm, that’s not bad at all. I think the girls are active enough in the back – and doing a fine job of climbing, that balls might be being kicked into the goal. I think Maury wants his daughter to sparkle, but I don’t think its easy coaching your own kids. Maury is welcoming family out to see the games, and I will enjoy going. I might have to ask Maury to get me a special chair that’s light and I can put into the back of my wagon. Then I can be a soccer Gramma. Hehehe … better get some water too. I can bring that for myself.

That’s going to be a pretty big deal. I think the games are all on Saturday. Woo HOOO!!! Maybe one day even Sweetie Pie would go.

Ahh, I told Joe about working at St. Rose, but he didn’t nibble too much on that hook. I think he wasn’t happy with what to do. It seems he’s more impatient with people with mental retardation – as it being too hard a work load. Sounds like Mirza. I think if he worked with the group they would prove to be very satisfactory, but then he was worrying about them practicing skills when they shouldn’t like boxing. Joe did see interested in the possibility of working as a judge for gymnastics. I told him about stuff that I’d learned from Rich. I think he liked to do that better, he liked the money, and he liked that it could work around his position he’s trying to gain as to being a state trooper. He talked just a smidge about going down to Springfield. We’ll make sure he keeps the devise … woo HOO … just called Joe to tell him he should keep the PDA for going down to Springfield, and then later if he took up the gymnastics thing, because he’d have to go to wherever the tournaments were. So, that’s a good thing … There’s not too many places I’m going right now, and I know if I needed to I could get the PDA back. Just its making our Joe happy and that’s what counts. He says its in good hands.

We gave our Granddaughter $10 worth of the coins from the laundry and we opened it up and put it in an old purse. It was a nice soft leather one with easy snaps and zippers and a long strap. I thought she would like it because she’s had an interest in purses. It took her a sec to find the right opening, but she decided that I’d given her a LOT of quarters. And, that suited me just fine. Her father had her put them back in her bedroom for the time being and I would imagine around bedtime she’s going to want to be putting them in one of her piggies. I asked her if she would like to share them with Isa, her sister, but she was pretty sure there weren’t enough to share. *Giggle* I thought that might happen!

With the boys, I had originally, had like $120. But, on the way in I stopped for a $5 auto car wash where the little old man comes out and pat dry’s your car. Well actually it was a $3 car wash and I tipped him $2. Is there like a going rate? Then, I decided to keep $5 just in case I needed some money. Soooo, the rest of the $110 I was giving to the boys and lauren. Maury had been showing us how Isa could take things from one person to another. Hehehe Oh, man that was kinda crazy. She’d grab a handful, hand it to whichever person she’d want, then pick some more off the floor, and deliver to someone else, then she’d go back and get her money to deliver to the next person, and on and on. She made me laugh so hard. She did a lot of funny things and she was easier to get on the camera, but I wasn’t taking very good pictures. It should be ok though. She was so funny. She is soooo adorable and she sat on my lap for a while and we played silly little games when she visited, like every time she brought the Kleenex back, we’d play, “Achoo.” And, then there were other toys she’d just bring me and leave. One toy was her button nose, we would beep, and another shoot, can’t remember, but I know there were more. She has sooo much personality. She likes getting up and down off the couch and she can do it by herself. She’s walking beautifully too. With the couch, she lies down on it and swings her right leg up and over, and then she pulls herself up. She loves standing at the back of the couch and looking out the big plate glass windows. That’s where her sister is and she likes keeping track. Hehehe, actually she was in the window when I pulled up and made the most gleeful expressions. She is still a quiet player, but when she got tipped over on the couch, she made some squeely noises. I think she had found herself standing on her head hehehe. Oh man she’s just so cute. After a nice long while her energy began to puff out, so Maury put her to bed, but she was very enjoyable to have around. She was like the center of attention in the middle. Maury has 3 couches all facing inward and he, Joe and I each took one, so Isa had plenty of places to be.

Dinner was pleasant … nothing out of the ordinary, except we got our chance to talk after having listened most of the earlier conversation. Everyone seemed to be in a very good mood and there was laughing to be had all about. I figured by then we’d been slipping in and out of personalities, but no one seemed to upset, so we let it be. Maury and us had big salads, and Joe had lasagna, and ame had chicken and fries. Lordy, one day that girls going to get tired of them and we won’t be able to stuff another one in her! I wish I could remember better the conversations, but right now our face is so happy and glowing that I can’t make it think details. AND, by now sweetie pie has gotten home, so we’ve just gone over a few details … I could tell he had put in some good thinking time, because he went through his schedule in his mind clicking of events and time. He carried it through from dinner tonight to getting to Bob’s an leaving no later than noon. I think it is like 5-6 hours so they will get in before it gets dark hopefully. He said some confusing stuff that had to do with winding reels … umm, we aren’t going to go there though. It might have to be taught him, or he might have a fishy store do it, I’m not sure which. He says though, there will be time after they fish for the early day, because they cut out at 2 pm. He says some guys even take naps, but there are others that clean out their boats and stuff. Then maybe there is dinner and then later cards. AND, maybe some sneaky time to go talk to your lover??? HMM??

Hehehe he says that maybe once or twice he’ll get a message through to us. Good Fishy man.

He’s making dinner for us now, but we’re both having light tonight. He’s adding soup, where we’re just having a sandwich and a few chips, so I can still afford a piece of fruit. But, we’re a little disappointed, because we forgot to shop at the fruit store. Lucky we saved that $5. When we go in we’ll be able to talk about our boys and maybe through his questions we’ll remember more of what happened. AHH and then we’ll have pictures to show him too. I think he is going to be working on the computer and he thinks he can hook up to get Internet from our thingy so that will be good, MAYBE I could focus a little on the paper, or if nothing else at least the commenting. I hate to start the first week by being behind already. Hmm, interesting … there is an XM channel called escape … since our friend is escaping soon, maybe we’ll check that out, or otherwise we’re moving over to the heart … good to get in some mushy time.

Rich told a funny story only a minute long … I had been saying something about calling while he was driving and saying some mushy stuff. He said, oh noo. He said a couple of days ago he’d been in the car when his daughter called, but first Bob thought it was us and he got all excited. I’m a little worried about that … what happens when Bob sees me as 325 and wonders what Rich sees in us.