Visit www.MarineParents.com, a Place to Connect & Share (tm)

Tuesday, April 24, 2007

A Day of Planning, but not a Happy-ending Story



Good morning … this is me and we’re getting a late start on the day, but it is such a wonderful morning, cuz we woke up and there was Sweetie Pie!!! Oh man … that guy … what he does for me hmm hmm hmm…

He had a couple of things that slowed him down, because his friend had to make a stop and then they had to stop for gas so they could divvy up the gas expense and then he had to get his car and there would have been some getting of his stuff from his friends van to his car, AND THEN!!!!!! He came home :) :) :) :) :)

I was so happy to see him. He’s got sunburn though … I knew that was going to happen. Hmm, finally got the last days blog posted that was a bear. We’ve had some trouble with the AOL program this morning … mangled up our email attempts. I think Sweetie got the brunt of that frustration in that he had to wait and wait to open a few important emails. I think he decided he better save some of mine, because he was trying to save on time, but we want to build up to that story.
I
do want to make one more side note in that … although it is low-grade, between yesterday and today, we are feeling more pain in just sitting. I am hoping that the arthritis isn’t building so much that I’m going to feel pain no matter what I do.

We’ll have to see. I did put in a call to Dr. Marvin, I’m not sure it went through though because we hung up funny. But, it was to ask him for more prescriptions and to ask for a prescription to get a wheel chair. I talked to those people all ready and if the prescription went in today, I might get a chair by tomorrow. It seems to be that fast. And, if I have to wait for a doctor’s appointment on Thursday, then I could get the chair by Friday. So, we’ll have to see where Dr. Marvin stands.

We can say that we talked to Sweetie Pie about a few things. We knew he wasn’t approving though as we talked … I told him I wanted the timer, pedometer, and blood pressure/heart monitor thing. He said that we could talk about it more when he came home, and we told him please don’t make us wait because we are not trustworthy, we want what we want and we don’t want to keep thinking about it. But, I could see where he might think that they aren’t usable, because he doesn’t know about the chair part, but we’re kinda scared of that because he is going to say NOOOOOOOOO.

We are going to get you healthy and not into a chair. BUT, I can’t get healthy until there’s some way I can get out and walk again.

Ok, good there was another call placed. There is a company in LaGrange that services our kind of treadmill machine. He says it’s about 10 years old, but it’s a good machine … that is encouraging … the part that is not encouraging is that it’s a $95 service fee. But, the bottom line is that Sweetie Pie is slow in moving to getting things fixed. I talked to another lady on an 800 number who was talking about unscrewing things and testing out wire connections and she was a bit hostile.

So, as calmly as I could I asked, if there is a local number in case that doesn’t work. We’re against looking at motors and wire and such that we have no ability to be dealing with safely. I tried to hedge my position by saying is that safe? And, for like the 5th time she said, “Dear, I wouldn’t tell you to do something that wasn’t safe!” Was like WELL DEAR … give me the f(Q*&_#% number of someone who is qualified to giggle electrical wires. One of the first things the guy said was did you try opening it up and I said NO. Then he said good, well chances are we can fix it, and I said fine. We also asked if he had an extra key to bring it out, because it had come from the brother-in-law with a colored pencil in it for an emergency stop … we’ve never been a big advocate of it. The first lady went into this thing about it not working because of the colored pencil. And, we were feeling testy … lady it worked before with the colored pencil of all the things that could go wrong why are we going to blame the colored pencil now!!!??? Well, I wasn’t that emphatic, but that’s the position we were taking. I felt much happier with the guy and it turns out that they are in La Grange and that’s just one town over.

WooHOOO. He seemed more a mechanic than a sales man. He has to call back in about an hour to see if he has a key, and to set up the appointment, but we thought that all fine and good.

Seems like the point of all this is … is that we have to walk more either inside or out, and quite possibly a combination of both. We got on the scale this morning and it said 320.4. This isn’t our worst weight, but we’re only down about 5 pounds and that isn’t very significant. Plus, I don’t like how were getting the twinges of low level pain. At this point, it’s just an irritant.

Now, we need to look at the next problem. I know what I want … so do I absolutely have to wait? I think I should be able to tell Sweetie Pie that I’m getting something, but he should just say ok, do what you think is best. I know because he said to wait and we’ll talk about it it means that he’s going to try and talk me out of it. I’m very against that. And, I need to save enough in the budget for a pass to Brookfield Zoo.

Hmm, ok, enough of that! We just ordered a membership. We talked to her about getting Rich on the card and she said that it shouldn’t be any problem and if they asked for a driver’s license to just tell them that he hadn’t changed it yet. And, she asked about children under the age of 18. And we told her we have 3 grandchildren. I always include Austin although he’s long lost, certainly not forgotten. We got the Family Plus membership which is supposed to be the best deal. It includes free admission for two adults and one free guest visit each time, and it includes free grandchildren under the age of 18. Sooo, I could invite Maury and the two girls and they would get in for free. Also in the package are 6 one-time only gifting passes in case Lauren was there or maybe Joe, unlimited free admission to the children’s zoo and to the family play zoo. This is good for variety and because sometimes it might be fun just to watch the kids stuff, but in our more responsible mode, it’s because we have grandchildren. We also get 4 free dolphin show passes and 4 free motor safari tickets, free parking, free subscription to zoo views and member’s quarterly magazine, email updates, and discounts on purchases at the zoo (restaurants and shops) and on their educational programs, special events, and lectures.

Pswhoo … I think that’s an awful lot for $94. But, the big key is in going all the time. Normally, adults are $10 and children are $6.00 and parking cost $8, plus it would be another $2.50-3.50 to get in the play zoo and $1-1.50 to get in the children’s zoo. The normal cost of the dolphin show is $2.50-3.00 and the safari ride cost $2-3. So it all adds up. Anything over 3-4 visits to the zoo a year, you are saving money. I think Rich will like that. But, he is going to need doing zoo hours. But, even on a day like this if I had the opportunity I could go.

Hmm, ok, now a couple more things. We wrote an email to Dr. Marvin trying to explain and also to ask for the prescriptions for medicine that we’re out of. I hope he is able to write the prescription today, because we also got a call from the treadmill guy saying he was coming tomorrow between 1-3 pm. I hope so far so good.

I would also like to order that other few things. I think if it goes through with Dr. Marvin, we’re going to order right away the extra back pack things for the wheelchair for water, side chair and back of chair. I liked what I’d seen and it is a critical part of everything to be able to reach and carry what I need. She said, she would send out the temporary passes for the zoo today, and the permanent ones would be here in a couple of weeks.

Whooooo ok, that looks good or it doesn’t. I am not sure. We just spent a total of $419.14 and are guaranteed to spend another hundred tomorrow. I’m a little buzzed here and have to catch-up. We spend $94 at the zoo, $213.29 with all the meters, and another $111.85 for the bags and all attachments for the wheelchair. This is a little scary, because we have not talked to Dr. Marvin, and we are going to need his ok, before we can get the wheelchair. Without the wheelchair certainly the bags and stuff, but as well the zoo and meters are going to be that much more unlikely. We are glad, but a little angry with our friend in that he said to wait when we didn’t want to. We told him concretely that we are not to be trusted with money in our account, but he didn’t listen to us. I know I’m supposed to be more honorable, but until the money is in his account it’s still in our account. I don’t have any more plans to spend money, but the wheelchair stuff and the treadmill are going to be important programs for getting me out of the house and walking again. I figure that it is time that I’m too tired to do school, but maybe I can learn to hold off food til later, and like I said, I’m hoping that our friend can join us sometime, but the fact of the matter is that he’s booked every day with something or another. He will be going to visit his daughter, go to Canada, go 7 more regular fishing trips, maybe go to Reno, and other trips like to see his son, mother, brother, and friends, work all over Chicago, AND officiate all over the northern state, meanwhile I’m sitting here like a bump on the log. I figure if I did shopping, at least, it was something that I considered good for myself. I’m shopping to go out. I’m very grateful that my sons are making use of the video camera and the PDA, but those are two of my favorite toys and I don’t even get to use them. I figure if my friend comes with me he can use the blood pressure and stopwatch with me, but we got too his own pedometer. Hmm, maybe I can get my video camera back from Maury if I go out to collect pictures. That was all in this whole deal of getting me outside. I still have still a regular picture camera and that might do, but … *sigh* I can be patient it’s hard to compare a picture of a monkey over a picture of my granddaughters.



That’s got to be a pretty good deal if I’m doing stuff to exercise. Cuz if we are going to have weight goals we’ve got to do food part and exercise part. And, I know that as busy as my friend is … we can help him to make some goals too. Like comparing his average day and then increasing where possible. I think mostly this next month though he’s so busy he doesn’t have a day off. But, if he’s not visiting all those other people, maybe he can go to the zoo or a forest preserve with us?

Right?

WoooHOOO … Dr. Marvin called back. He said he’d be sending in the prescription in a few minutes. It’s 1:53 pm. now. So, that means maybe tomorrow I can get the chair … I think they said that it would be Tuesday on the meters. I’m not sure about the bags, but it should be within a couple days, maybe I can check that hold on.

Hmm, things sitting over there on slow down.

Dear Rich,

Please do not be mad at me, but I have to do stuff for me where I make the decisions. These were the things I bought today. I bought a stop watch, blood pressure/heart monitor, and two pedometers. One of them is for me, and I hope you come to accept that one I am gifting to you, so we can play relationship games with the meter. You might walk 20 times more than me or 100, but maybe if I increase by 20 steps a day, maybe then you have to match me relationally. I didn’t choose the cheapest meters, I chose the best I could find for what I considered to be a reasonable price. I also have someone coming out to the house tomorrow from 1-3 pm to fix the treadmill. I know in your heart you want to fix things, but there is this other space, which I know that you’re not very speedy at getting around to those things. I want to start the program right away and beside that if you break anything looking for something else then it would be that much harder for the repair person to fix. This is not to knock you, but to say that you are a very professional person and this kind of thing needs a different kind of person. You shouldn’t have to worry about it.

In addition, I got a membership at the zoo for you, me and that which could include a guest - either your kids or mine, and it allows for grandchildren and parking and other stuff. The cost is such that after 3-4 visits ... it's saving us money on each visit after. The zoo hours are like from 9:30/10 am to about 5/6 pm. If you want to go and have time to go with me that's fine, or if you want to go by yourself that’s fine, but I need to go with or without you. It doesn’t open that extra 1 ½ hours until between May 26th and September 4th except its open until 6 pm on weekends between now and October 29th, and after that it’s back to 10-5 everyday.

Sundays the zoo is open 7:30 pm from May 27th- September 2nd. I hope that someday it will be your and our routine to walk either at the zoo, the parks, or even around the block after dinner. This is much more important to me than renting movies and such … well, I do like to cuddle during movies, but we’ve got to focus you and us on moving.

I figure that during the time on Saturday, Sunday, and Monday, I will be able to go to the zoo sometimes during the day, and on Tuesdays through Fridays, I will be able to go to forest preserves close to home, but I will need to be shown where they are. Right now I can only go to a few stores – Walgreens or the fruit store – because they are small enough for me to get through standing up. This is going to be the hard part for you to understand. Within the next day or two, I am going to get a wheel chair prescribed by Dr. Marvin through the same Walgreen’s service that brought me the C-pap machine. Most of the cost should be taken care of by insurance. I’m not doing it to be wheeled, but for me to walk behind it and then sit when I can’t stand anymore. The meters are to help me watch my times and improve upon them whether I’m on an outside walk or inside walking. If I don’t walk I think I’m going to lose the ability.

Now, you say that it’s got to be ok by me that you go out and do what you want. You go throughout Chicago on business and maybe now to Reno. You’re going to Canada and going to visit your daughter in New Mexico and your older son out of town, and now frequently your son, mother, and brother, you do the games almost every night all over northern Illinois, you see your friends and go golfing, fishing, and to cards.

You go shopping when you want and about any other place you see fit. I’m not
against any single part of what you do, but it does affect me. It’s not that I want to do your things; it’s because of the relationship of me not being able to do almost everything. Part of it it’s true that I can’t do things with you. It broke my heart that I might not be able to ever go to a fishy store with you, because it broke your heart to leave me sitting in the car. As stated before I go home, work, and to two stores. Some things are hard for me to consider fair, but I don’t want to be mopey about it or harassed by you because I’m not trying hard enough.

I want to be able to walk more, and the only way I see of doing this is to have the chair for the in-between times I can’t walk. I’m not going to argue out that point further. I know the timing method has worked in the house, I believe it can work outside. Here, inside the house, I time myself for sitting 10-15 minutes, and then I have to get up for as long as I can endure. Then I sit again for 10-15 minutes and then I get up. There is no reason I cannot do the same outside with the chair.

I will leave it folded up in the rear of my wagon and I will not use it for work, or home, but I will use it so I can be out for more than 7 minutes of time. I am going to be very stubborn about this. I figure it is going to be about 50-54 pounds and I can still lift that much weight straight up to the back of my car, though I’ll have to take down the cargo net, and bring in some of those contents.

Limited ability to walk and needing a rest stop is very real and I don’t have to be like my mother and sister, I have to be me. It’s wrong to put that kind of guilt on me, because you know it repulses me and turns my stomach. I have enough skeletons without help from you. And, right now I can’t walk for more than a few moments.

You know this, I know this, this is nothing new, but maybe it’s gotten a little worse because of the weight. I have got to take care of this the best way I know how. I can’t go anywhere because of how great the worry is in finding my next chair. It would be cruel to make me feel that I’m not trying hard enough. You do not understand that the pain is crippling. Not between times, but by the end of my endurance level. I can deal with it, but I need some help … I’m not asking you to do anything for me, except to accept where I am at. You don’t have to stay home with me, but it would be fair that you cheer this effort to be out, just like I say, “Go Fishyman!” You can go wherever you need to go and you’ve got a lot of places; I just want to be outside and moving a little … going to the parks and the zoo will double my life. I’m sorry I don’t have the courage to do this hard fight with you direct. Please be ok with these things I’ve decided concerning me.

With all my love,
Mi

Ok … we’re progressing here right? We just talked to Walgreen’s and they’ve gotten the prescription for the wheelchair and she couldn’t find who had the order, but thought it might be going through the insurance. She asked if it were ok to call back in a little bit and we thought that was fine. I explained about already taking a day off tomorrow and she said that they could do as much as they could, but I needed to understand there weren’t any guarantees. So, now we’re just hoping. I can’t email Sr. until I talk to the Walgreen’s lady. Too, Walgreen’s other pharmacy order called back and said that the medicine arranged for pick-up at 4 pm was not in yet and they’d notify me when it was ready. I hope that isn’t a problem. I don’t know if they are waiting while getting hold of Dr. Marvin. I called the pharmacy, but I couldn’t understand the dialect of the woman speaking. I thought I heard her say that they were getting them ready, so I will hold off and see if they call or email me when done. I’m missing one of the ones I take in the evening, but there’s about 3-4 hours, before I should be taking it.

Man-o-man … it’s kind of a rough day and I feel like I’ve got nothing getting done. This is hard stuff to be thinking about … lots of arrangements being made. I think I’m about caught-up with things. I’m going to read through this post to see where we are.



Pshwoo. We did that … I think there are a few things to go through yet. First is that I did talk to Dr. Marvin on the phone. I think he has the same basic worries that Rich and Maury and Deb have … basically, it’s ok the way I’m thinking of this, but what is going to happen later down the road when we get lazy. Well, they don’t say it like this, but something about not giving into the inability side. I know that I’m edging toward a bad fence in going this route. But, I see so many more doors opening with it. I think the first goal will be to assure I can do 5 minutes, and then another for 10 minutes, and 5 minute increments on up. I don’t know what my blood pressure goals will be or my footsteps, or mileage. That’s the one nice thing about the treadmill, or maybe a few things. First it gives you something to hold onto, and second it calibrates time and distance. This is what we’ve added to the outside walks.

Somewhere in this we are going to need handling the school part too. This part isn’t any good without the other part. Well, actually that part is good on its own, but we need to be doing school as well. Right now its 4 pm.

I don’t think we expect Rich home until late. Hmm, I just left a message on his message machine. Maybe he’s doing his game already. He wasn’t sure and there were several things he might be doing and especially one real hard thing because he had to pick up his divorce papers at his wife’s lawyer. I hope that goes ok for him.

He’s going to have a lot on his mind when he gets home. I think he’s going to worry about cooking me some dinners too. We’re down to one left. Last night he got home around 8:30 pm. I know I took the shower at about 8 pm. When he came through the door I was ready for him. I had been sitting naked at the kitchen table staring into a candle. I was so pleased he was there and we were up and tripping all over ourselves trying to get in our smooching as he was handing over some awkward things and trying to distribute their weight until he could put things down. If I remember correctly, he started with his keys in his mouth. Silly boy! He didn’t take too long before he let us hug him. I think he was grateful of the slurpees waiting for him too. I was right in that he was dehydrated and burnt - My poor baby. We had to resolve the issue of calling in the Chinese. And, then soon after we were in his bedroom watching him put away his things. And, then although we were very willing to be touching him anyways, he was insisting that he get in the shower. So funny!

So, of course we had to go in and supervise. Well, yes, most of it looked a little letchy. *Sigh* Before too long … he was sitting at the edge of the bed and we were massaging. We’d already started to get a few stories, but I wasn’t real happy that I’d gotten any kind of full story. I think he was leaving out the good parts, because he barely said anything about the sound track part of his venture. Maybe it was all too close and real to really sort it out. Of course, we asked if he said anything more to Bob about us. I guess Bob asked, but Rich let him know that he wasn’t ready for that yet, although ………… He said that sometime in the future he’ll probably introduce us … WOOOHOOOOO!!!!

I’m preparing ourselves already because everyone Rich seems to know is gruffier than I take him to be. I don’t know how that happens. There were a couple times since Rich got home and he swore, “Shit!” Like wow … where did that come from!?? I think he’s like most guys where he’s got that kind of swearing in him, but he seems to have tamed it for usage around proper company. I guess he’ll have to put it back in the drawer. Now, when he says it, we go into a kind of panic state, thinking … we’re in a very bad crisis. But, it’s been things where he couldn’t remember where his keys were and stuff like that. Like remember Sweetie I took them out of your mouth? And, your cell phone … well, he figured that out … he had called for the Chinese. Maybe it’s because when you’re out, you come into contact with so many variables, that it’s really dangerous if you don’t catch all the cues. I think in his conversations, he is still saying things that lead me to believe he’s still looking for approval, or at least to be accepted. That kind of thing is the kind of thoughts you might get from losing your father at an early age.

I think Rich is very conscientious about taking things that might rile others, more calmly. Like one of the first things he said was that the guy he was fishing with did things his way, but didn’t want ideas from Rich – probably didn’t take any backseater ideas. So, Rich had to fish almost defensively. The guy hogged the lead spots. That’s not exactly how Rich said it, but more my interpretation. I think that was the lead on his mind though, perhaps some kind of unfairness one gets for not owning a boat, like people stop being nice, because they are the ones better off. Again, he never really complains about the guys, but I feel myself feeling defensive over him. I don’t want people to hurt his feelings. Most of the time though, Rich tells me by his memories, what it is like out there. There’s the fun part which is fishing, but I really believe it to be work. You can be sitting there with a rod in your hand, but you are thinking about and acting toward fishing … I know that when I concentrate on anything over a period of time, I get tired. And, I can’t believe it any different from them, especially because there are things that happen that are exciting. He told us a story he said was his biggest story. And, it was about a fish … I forget its name, but it has alligator jaws and was about 4 feet long and can get up to about 6 feet long. I wasn’t too sure I liked that story at all! He was saying that you had to be very careful of not getting your hand by its mouth and I had the impression that it was swinging all over. Actually, there was kind of a funny story, because Rich told me of the other guy handling it. It was on his line and he said he wasn’t going to lose another lure. So the guy was shaking the fish from the top and the fish was shaking from the bottom and that’s about it, but Rich said it was pretty funny like in a cartoon. Hehehe I felt bad, because it’s obvious that neither fish nor fishing partner wanted anything to do with each other. Rich said that it did provide some excitement, but that no one wanted that kind of fish because it took away time for the regular fishing of bass.

He said it was the same as when a musky jumped on the line. Bass fisherman don’t want em. Hmm, reminds me that I had one uncle who liked musky fishing. Don’t know anything about it, except he was and still is a big drinker and now someone his daughter has to take care of. *Sigh* Not that that happens to all musky fisherman. Shoot off-track, right? Sorry.

Rich didn’t have a lot of impressionable things to say about the food … it was fine, but he grumbled no one goes for the food. It’s about the fishing. He said that on one night they had an all you can eat, but it was so bad that on his second plate he had salad, because it wasn’t worth wasting his calories on. I felt bad about that.

He had another night where the guys fixed small chickens and another night they had fish. I think those nights were pretty good. I think he was appreciative of the guys that stepped up and volunteered that kind of stuff. I think he ate out one more place, hmm, what did he say about that? I think just that he had something he thought might not be too “can’t ruin it like.” He scoffed at the mention of pretty waitresses. I don’t think he thought too much of Kentucky and he teased that the people all talked different. I wonder what he sounded like to them? Probably go off complaining about Chicagoan’s. Oh, and another thing he said he won one of three card games, so he might have lost $60 and won $40 back, or something close to that.

He did talk about the place they were staying … It was a house, which is pretty unusual. I guess there were ten guys and Rich and his partner came in like only 6th. But, he partnered in the house with his best buddy. He says though that he’s starting to snore. Rich said he got to the room first so he claimed the queen size bed and his partner had to take the single bed. I don’t know how that went down for the partner, but I figure they are good enough friends so that it was ok. The friend didn’t want to trade back and forth, because he complained something about Sweetie Pie sweating, to which I think that’s fine for us! Hehehe. Rich reassured that nobody petted and pampered him while he was gone like we do. I guess there was sleeping on three levels and our Sweetie and his partner got the loft upstairs, some on the first and some below. I guess most didn’t want the loft because it had no doors, but that wasn’t a problem for our guys. He said something too about the place overlooking the lake and that there were very few bugs. He said the first couple days were cold and then the next couple days were warm.

And, I felt bad for him; because he said they were like 3 hours late in getting out, because of something his friend was going through, and that if he had known, he could have arranged his schedule different. I think that’ just like a guy being pretty ancy on getting out of town. But, then too they had such a late start, they didn’t get in the first day and had to rent a room. The only good part of that is the room must have had Internet because we got a couple of emails. Oh yeah and he said the place they stayed the majority of the time had a big living room, with a dining room off the side for card playing and a nice kitchen. I think it’s kind of cool anyway. Most often the guys get divided up, but this time he said they all hung out together like they went out fishing, came in went to dinner, etc. Seems thought the strangest thing in the world to me to be going or hanging out with so many people!

I don’t think the guy sweetie was partnered in the boat with was such a happy guy.

Rich said that he did a lot of grunting in the morning. He also said, they never really talked. About the only thing he could say was that he hoped the guy had no problem with him, because certainly he did nothing to aggravate the other. Well, sorta like that … ya know, they use guy terms.

So, I think that’s about all the fishy story, I remember for right now. But, I know there was more. I sometimes get though this kinda sad feeling that my friend isn’t telling me everything. Not, because he couldn’t, but maybe he has sad feelings about not being as happy as he would like. I think maybe we spoiled him … we act and respect him differently I think than others do. Of course, its true with me too. We get to talk a certain level of communication and I think we expect others could do the same. But, I don’t think most people really go out of their way to get closer and a lot of times, they are guarded. I don’t know how much these fisherman talk to one another about their families, work, and such. Maybe when you are a guy those things are uninteresting, because you are so busy talking he-man stuff. But, our fuzzy bear is tough and can do man stuff, and is a man, but he’s not gruff or burly. And, I think some of these others must be. Or, some of them might carry grudges against others that aren’t as high society as them. But, that would be wrong, and if they were that kind of people, maybe there isn’t anything you can do with them? I’m not saying they are, but I worry sometimes about social class differences between lawyers, judges, and businessmen. But, then again, what kind of people would they be if they were out fishing all the time and couldn’t break down those barriers.

There’s one story left over from Rich’s youth that bothers me here. And, that is that he was self-considered by others to be that huggy-bear type the girls could trust, but that might get razzed by the guys, because I don’t think he has a mean spirit, or he could let-go being the brunt of others humor. I’m not sure if that isn’t still playing an effect. I think little things hurt his feelings. Like his partner wouldn’t go out of his way to try Rich’s Country of Origin brand of sausage. Although, I don’t remember its name, beside it starting with a “P” it be an awfully closed-minded kinda guy that wouldn’t try. But, even if it weren’t and nobody has to try things as new, I think it still hurts our guy’s feelings in that a part of him feels unaccepted. Again, I know there is a problem left over in his father being such an idiot.

Ahh now Deb has made herself available. We sent the fishyman’s part of the story to her and she is reading now. In the meantime since it is after 5 pm, we got dinner in the microwave, used the washroom, and found a bottle of cold water. Pshwoo.

Necessary break. Feeling a certain amount of tension. We called the Walgreen’s Home Care too and this time I found a guy that seemed earnest about calling back … he said like the last one that he was going to check where the order was, but the other lady didn’t follow through and call back, at least by the time I was worried about them closing. I let the guy know of my concern and he seemed more earnest in helping than the other woman who didn’t want to give me any guarantees. The only thing I could be thinking would hold it up is if they sent paperwork to Dr. Marvin and he hasn’t gotten to it yet, or if they sent something to the insurance and they haven’t responded back to it. We’re feeling pretty desperate about getting it by tomorrow. Hmm, the nice guy just called back and is trying to expedite … he is going to try calling Dr. Marvin, cuz he says someone else might have it locked in her desk that’s already gone home. Shoot, that would be bad. I trust Paul is going to call back. I don’t know if he can fix the problem, but he’s got a half hour to do it, so we’re pulling for him. I think that it takes an overnight from getting it though to the time in getting the chair. I’m afraid we’re sounding a little panic like.

Ok, breathe, breathe not the end of the world. Just might have to take another day off. She’s going to be upset, because I think sometime this week maybe wed/thurs we got the ARC convention. We’ll have to look that up again too .. hold on. Let’s see today is the 23rd? Yup, yup sure enough … it’s on Wednesday and Thursday. Guess we’re not working too much this week. Still wanting to know about what we’re going to do tomorrow. Glad I hadn’t booked ahead for later in the week. Hmm, am I going to Dr. Marvin’s? Better check out the times. Hmm, I could make it if I skipped the last meeting that starts at 2:30 pm. The convention has a lot of small meetings.

The last one is by a person doing a special social skills and peer sensitivity training … they focused on motivation to learn skills; understanding what to do; performance of skills, and acceptance by peers. Hmm, 9 meetings totaling $180 … that’s about $20 a meeting … interesting subject but not critical … better go to Dr. Marvin’s

Hmm, Deb’s coming in and out … think we lost here again  I think sometimes we’re talking to each other and she just walks away and takes care of something different. Whoops she’s back now. Hehehe she asked one question answered another and is now on a formal BRB. Fine, fine… Better I know I’m being snubbed HMPF!

Ok, now waiting for email. Everything went through with the chair. Someone will call me in the morning to tell me when they can be here tomorrow. The chair will be delivered and they will explain it to me. It will be rented at the cost of $11 a month or less. He warned me the chair will be heavy though because of my weight.

He said it nicer, but he didn’t want to mislead me. I hope its within that 50-55 pound range or its going to be difficult for me to move. And the way he made it sound mad e me think that I’m going to need putting down the seats in my car. But we shall see. Oh dear … we’re starting to have connection issues again. We had problems earlier this morning too. I’m wondering if there isn’t just too many people on Comcast for our area and we’re seeing problems during peak hours. This is pretty frustrating. Also, we did save this note that we’re going to send to sister … it says:

Dear Sister,

It's just been confirmed, I am going to need be home tomorrow. I had to have a couple things happen. I have a treadmill that needs to be repaired, and I'm getting a wheel chair delivered through a prescription from Dr. Marvin and the insurance company. Basically, I need to be moving more so with the wheelchair I can go to the zoo and parks and walk, sit, walk, sit, etc. I'm going a little crazy with being so limited to where I can be and what I can be doing. I've been warned by everyone I talk to about it not taking me backward, but the way it is now even though the zoo and such is so close and accessible to me, I can't go all the way through the parking lot and persevere through length of time waiting at turnstiles. The chair is not to be pushed by anyone, but me, but it allows me longer periods of being out in the world past the 7 minutes I can stand each time. With a 10-12 minute break, I can get up and try it again. I will keep it in my wagon. I won't be using the chair for home or work. The goal is to stand and walk longer. We also ordered a stop watch ... we shall see. Working our way back to gym.

Also, we're sending along a reminder link that the ARC meeting is coming up on Wednesday and Thursday.

Ann

http://www.thearcofil.org/secure/reveal/admin/uploads/events/2007%20Convention%20Brochure.pdf

Ok, ok … check in it’s 6:21 pm … it looks like aol is signing on … I’m not sure if the connection is stable yet, because it took off my buddy list and didn’t give me there little news blurbs, plus AIM isn’t on line yet. I can deal, I can deal … shoot almost forgot time for medicines. I forgot to check if they’re ready … I’m sure not still in pajamas. Dang. Ok, cable didn’t go through, and if I were smarter, I would realize that if computer isn’t working, neither is phone. Shoot.

Hate to get dressed to find out medicine wasn’t ready. Hmm, probably still have to be responsible for checking that out. I better put on some clothes. AND, go take the medicine you do have, K????

Yes, Ma’am.

Oh man … this is hard back from getting medicine … now its 7:30 pm and rich is due in in just a half hour. He had gone to the grocery store. We’re talking to Deb, but she had to piddle. Missy is even bossin us around. We got and took our medicine though and that’s pretty good. We had problems cuz we got all dressed beside one shoelace and the neighbor from downstairs came up and we were arguing politely about the parking space.