Visit www.MarineParents.com, a Place to Connect & Share (tm)

Friday, April 13, 2007

Long Day Hard to Pick Up Fingers to Type :(

Good morning. This is us again. It’s now Friday morning and we’ve gone through to 8 am. Just getting things up and running. This is better than yesterday when it took about an hour and 40 minutes getting everything up. We posted yesterday’s work, but that was only about 3 paragraphs. I had gone from that into doing goals, and then we went into our staff training meeting. Hmm, just checked … I think I got the Thinking Group today, because it looks like I was at the staff meeting last month. Ok, just got to prepare our minds. Think we were on a path of going over business and program practices. We’ll pick up there where we left off.

We got a pretty good night’s sleep last night, but woke up kinda late. We’d been up at 3 am started the coffee and fed the kitties, but then went right back to bed. *Sigh* I was going to take my shower, get dressed, and take medicine before waking up sweetie pie, but he beat me to the chase about time to be taking the meds. So, we met up in the living room and talked for about 15 minutes as I was brushing my hair and getting my shoes on. Those moments are golden. He had been out playing cards until late, so I didn’t see him. That was a shame. But, we’ll have to figure that’s going to be normal. He didn’t get home until just after midnight. We took the opportunity to be in bed earlier about 8 – 8:30 am. Oh man that was sweet. Sweetie Pie said he won last night which means he salvaged his $50 put in and was up $35. We were happy for them, but I shuttered when he said something about his friend wanted to meet him afterward for coffee. Lordy, the guy needs SOME sleep! He had to get up about when he did this morning because we both have an administration meeting about 10 am. That’s just something that has to happen. I don’t remember his whole schedule today, but I think a priority was him getting to a fishy shop to pick up new lures. We’ll see how all that unfolds.

I think let me think … what fishyman thoughts do I have this morning? Seems as if we still are melting like butter at the thought of him and seeing him and getting to talk to him. We are still quieter when it comes to self stuff and letting him do most of the talking. I think a lot of times its just because he has the more interesting life. I mean all that happened for me last night was that I came home, ate, spent a few minutes on line, but went to bed actually on time. Not much to be conveying there. It’s hard for us to remember what was going on specifically, so I didn’t feel I had much to add to any conversation.

We did meet with Dr. Marvin, but I know even now its hard to remember what happened. Hmm, Let me try here for a moment. We know younger parts were out. And, they were talking about something … let me think again. I know had something to do with not saying no to things that we’re bad for us like eating, spending money, something something. That was pretty hard to think this far. I don’t know what conclusions were made and who knows what of what. I remember Dr. Marvin was going to send something in writing so maybe that will help later on. I remembered something hurt. Like it hurt to think of what we … brb

Woo HOOO … just finished the goals for the week. The client had come in right on schedule. I hadn’t been able to get to her yesterday, so we handled it today instead. It went pretty quick. In the meantime, sweetie pie had come in. So, we did the work in our office which was a little inconvenient, but worked well enough. The individual did a particularly good job today. We were able to give her good encouragement for remembering things she usually forgets. I think she likes the part where we are totaling up her figures too. I’m not sure how much she understands, but the soft personal talking to her seems to be a good encouragement. When given a chance toward the end, she didn’t have any negative to add. This was also a good sign. Sometimes she has family problems.

After that we used the washroom and then gave sweetie pie about 10-15 minutes. He had brainstormed a new idea and we got to go over that with him. I think his thinking it through is good for him, because he gets the information processed that one step further. It’s good for me because it helps me understand his world. He was funny at the end … he said something to do with me doing my sneaky womanly things in listening to him just like guys idealize and that there must be some catch to it. That makes us giggle. I asked him … just like those sneaky backrubs? Yah, yah … same thing. Silly guy!

Maybe the next time we talk about team work. I help him, he helps me, while we are both working most often to help ourselves. Because the idea isn’t to become more independent although natural interest in the other may be inevitable. I like the way his mind works. He’s always trying to find a better more efficient way of doing things. He’s truly a very good guy. He makes my sails fill up!

I love to hear him in the other office on the phone. Most often I don’t tune into what he is saying, but there is a general tracking, especially of his emotional level. The question being always asked, is “is he ok?” I don’t want him ever to be having problems. EVEN though this seems sometimes to be the nature of his job. Management has to figure things out.

We’ll probably have to be planning out something that would be good in progressing CARF. I’m not sure where we are with it. It seems we’ve lost a couple of days … first, because of that group that had come in and the energy that took, and then yesterday with the goals and meetings. About 10 am, we are going to have an Administration meeting, so that will be good, we’re late this month in having it. I think I’ll do ok with it because we are giving sister written things to review. We’ll want to progress that all though. I think our sweetie pie is going to be leaving right after the administration meeting … so we’ll have about a half an hour after the meeting and lunch to plan for the next group at 1 pm. After that there will be some compensating for emotional levels, but then we’ll want to be doing something CARF productive by the end of the day. I don’t think our sweetie is planning on being home at 4:30 pm, so we might overrun the time, but for the most part, we’re going to want to get out fairly on time.

Ok, good … just caught up with all that … it took a couple of run throughs, but we’ve established the latest plan. He’s probably going to be here until about 2 pm, and then he’s probably going to do a game at 4:30 pm, and then he might go to his old house for some things, and then he’ll be home. The time range is anytime between 7 and about 8:30 pm. Ok, well it’s a Friday … so there is time to be up afterward … so that is ok. It does tell me that if we can get in to something, we can stay a little later at work tonight. OR, we could go home and try to get past wherever we are toward getting into school. NEED to do that bad.

Hmm, the printer people are going to be out either this afternoon, or on Tuesday. We’ll have to wait and see how that goes. I left a message with the secretary, so she can let Sister now. They are going to call with and ETA when they figure out their schedule. Ok, ok … good good … we’re progressing here somehow.

Hmm, we got some good information in the mail on ARC legislation in the state senate. I couldn’t focus on it at the time, but we saved it and then sent it onto our friend. Maybe he’ll understand the bigger picture. Good, good. Ok, now … about a half an hour left. Maybe we might want to use some of this time to figure out where we are with CARF. Like I said … been a few days. Ok. Ok … Where do we start?

It seems that we have to do something with the leadership stuff. Maybe I’ll check my current docs. Hmm, good good. It seems that we completed the policy and procedure on Leadership Guide. Now let’s look at codes of conduct in ethics. I think we talked to Sr. about this in that our code is more moral where they are asking for something that is more business.

Hmm, now it is toward less than an hour to go. About 50 minutes. We got our check today so I’ll stop by at the bank on the way home. Good. We did some good Ann things today. We got through the Administration meeting, and then met with the person from CSO, and then we had the Thinking Group, and then we met in and out with our friend. He just left a few moments ago. His schedule changed up and although he’s going out for a meeting with his son at 8 pm, we are going to have a taco dinner together. Mmm, we’ll have to remind him sloppy joes would be nice too! Maybe!

We tried to keep on top of his schedule, but it seems to always be changing … That’s going to be an interesting part of us. Cuz we’ll never know when we fit in. We almost got to go on trip with him to the fishy store. He said we could do the drive together and then I could wait in the car while he shopped about an hour. I would have done that, cuz I so much like time being with him and he’s going to be gone all next week AND so is Dr. Marvin. I’ll probably get in loads of trouble with no one to scold me so I can feel bad. Hmm, Dr. Marvin wrote us … this is what he said.

Hi Ann,

Sorry I didn’t get to send the recap yesterday. We discussed several experiences around 'acting out' feelings. You were concerned that you had difficulty not eating the donuts or candy bars, but at the same time want to loose weight to help your back. We talked about there being a part of you that get's upset/angry/frustrated when they are told what to do and maybe another part (or maybe the same part) that handles these feelings by doing what they want. You thought it had a sense of 'getting even.' We didn’t have a lot of time to explore what to do about it. One first step would be trying to increase your awareness and recognize that you are feeling frustrated, try to acknowledge it directly, and do something constructive with the feeling. That's an oversimplification, but a good overview. We can talk more about how it works.

-Dr. M

Hmm, been doing some reading … there is only about 15 minutes left. I should probably start closing down so I can get home and get happy. I am really going to need a rest after sweetie pie leaves. Maybe he can wake me up, or maybe just let me sleep and we’ll meet in the morning. He’ll have so much to tell me hehehe me and my sneaky woman ways. Shoot! I think he’s hanging with wrong guys if all women are just trying to sneak away their souls or something. He’d be a “defensive” funny bunny. I just turned around and realized that I didn’t want to straighten anything, because then I wouldn’t remember where we started or ended. Shoot. Work is hard.
Ok, thinking that thinkin is pretty hard too. We’ll have to talk about the specifics of the day later. Might want to say something about the three or four meetings. I think we’re going to have about an hour at home before sweetie pie gets there. Maybe I can meet up with Deb and we go someplace together at second life? That be nice.