Visit www.MarineParents.com, a Place to Connect & Share (tm)

Saturday, April 14, 2007

Working through a Saturday ... well some school, but not much



Good morning … good morning. It’s me! I’m here, I’m here! It’s already about 9:45 am. We’ve had the most excellent morning. We’ve been up for a little over 2 hours. We did our medicine and ate cereal with our lover friend  . He’s so gosh darn cool. I listened mostly and talked just a little and asked questions where appropriate. I love to hear him talking. We do some reviews over things that are happening. We teased because there is so little going on in our life, that it is mostly catching his tail-wind. We seem to go down familiar paths of checking in on his family, his business, his finances, his tasks, his fishing, etc. There is so much on his mind its just unbelievable … I don’t seem to have anything to say in comparison. I think it is more a matter of remembering. Like I remember I talked to Maury yesterday, but I don’t remember right off the top of my thoughts as to what we talked about. Sweetie Pie is different in that he remembers almost everything. Maybe that is part of the listening part is that I feel like I were right there it is fascinating.

Hmm, so now that my mind is filled probably with his thoughts mostly, I have to think through where we are. I think too that I had a few things to talk about with work, but I don’t want to go there quite yet.

Hmm, just a few movements. We started another pot of coffee, had a banana, and made a few calls to our two youngest sons. Just want to confirm arrangements for going over to Maury’s tomorrow. That’s kind of a nice thought. We did get our money in the bank last night, but there is a good chance it won’t cash by tomorrow. So, we’ll have to do something about that. Not sure what though … we did talk to our friend about it so it’s up for consideration.

Hmm, listening to Missy now … I had just left the door open for her, so she was out, but she’s not settled yet. She might need a good petting soon. We’ll see. Oh oh lover bunny is doing the dishwasher I think. That was going to be my job, but there was only so long I could stay away. We’ve been watching him a few times on the computer so he could take care of his business. I think patience in his honor is coming pretty naturally, but there is always going to be this tie for me that is waiting to be back on-line and writing. We really need to be writing our papers today, but that is another story that will still have to take second to some of our writing. That’s just got to be the way it is. AHA I thought we were going to get kitty soon. She got a real good pet, but didn’t stay long … I think she’s still listening to the sounds in the kitchen where she’s thinking there is too much going on to settle down. Of course, there is going to be an adjustment period. Chief, of course, always lands paws down … he found us in our new spot in the kitchen talking to our friend. He laid down on the table for his morning pet. Not so long, but long enough to say that his owner still loves him. He has to sit a moment and stare at Rich first though. Almost like a gentleman’s agreement to be sharing me hehehe.

Funny kitty.

Hmm, anything I want to say about the morning conversation? I’m not sure … there are so many characters to be writing about now. Rich had talked to his younger son about Rich being served papers yesterday. Maybe it will happen over the next couple of days. We’ll have to see … He’s getting himself ready for it, but would have rather picked them up at the lawyers office. We’re not sure when it is going to happen … it would be nice if it had been over the weekend rather than making a production of it while he’s at work. We’ll see. His son seemed to think that the mother was going to ask for half of everything and that she would continue living at the house for a couple of years. That seemed to be ok with Rich, because it would give his son a place to be and it would give him a chance to get in and sort some things out. He knows that he is going to need a storage space so he can place things until he is ready for them. He was at the house to pick up a few things. He thought that his son was being overly cautious in going around the house or picking things up for him. I think it’s becoming “their place” and Rich is being edged out, but I’m not saying that wasn’t a natural occurrence. Even though he is paying for it, it is now their home and not his. I strongly discouraged him doing laundry at the house. He’s still feeling more ownership of it, but knows too that he’s got to be letting things go. I see him often thinking about the things he wants to salvage from it. There is some taking over by the son, in that he was willing to give his dad one of the 3 DVD’s, but even though the son had given the dad the TiVo for a present, he wasn’t ready to see his Dad take the TiVo with him. I remember those kind of gifts as a kid where you want to give to a parent or sibling, but you really want it for yourself. Last night the son asked Rich if he could erase the father’s programs. I don’t think I’d like that, but Rich seemed fine with it. I don’t think there is too much he wouldn’t give his children.

So, we’ll see where all that goes. Rich also had a conversation with his brother.
Apparently, the brother is still looking over his bigger brother’s interest. He’s against the wife getting more than her fair share. Rich describes both of his mother and brother, being kind of rough as to language and demeanor. I don’t recall now the sentence or two he replayed of the brothers comments, but I had to laugh at Rich being so out of character. It was just funny, and part of my laughter was thinking Yay Mark, You tell it! I think its so cool to have a protective brother watching over Rich. I know that Rich has to do it his own way, but that he’s getting other opinions I think is a good thing. His brother was heading toward Texas, so that was all cool … I think its romantic that he finds himself all over.

Whoops our fishy friend has just returned … he’d gone downstairs to get some more of his things from the car. He had his sports bag and some more summer shirts. Good, good … I think he’s doing real well. He’s got his list made this morning on all that he wants to accomplish by the end of the day. I think so far it had been talking with me, doing about an hour’s work around the house maybe with some household and some bringing things up or organizing his car. Then he is going to a game, and then he is going to his mom’s for dinner and to do some clothes, and then he may or may not come home. He might be here, but he also might go out with his friend. He had tried to get together with him last night, but the friend had company over. We were sleeping when he came in and he didn’t wake us up … that was ok, but I do hope to get him tonight. He said something about watching a movie together. If we keep this to only one night a week … it would be ok. For the record, it turns out this is good snuggly thing to do. Then tomorrow I think he’s going to want to get some work done in the morning, and then he’ll be going to the fishy store as we go to our son’s place. I think he is going to be spending more time working on fishy stuff tomorrow. I would like to see him hanging out with fishy, cuz I think that’s what relaxes and excites him the most. Like a very long orgasm. I think he’s going to put on some news shows too so that means he’ll be in the living room with us.

So, that’s at least some of the stuff discussed, but what you are missing is all the side stories that come up with the main events of his talks. He’s such a good story teller. This morning there were a few things he said that made me laugh and laugh.

I don’t remember all that so much except that at this time we’re taking it to be a good sign that he is relaxing more. That’s a good thing.

*Sigh* … Good friend. He’s such a blessing.

We also talked with our oldest son last night. Hmm, I think I said that … There are a few things happening on that end. He had an emergency situation in that their furnace went out so that meant leaving the girls over at Lauren’s mother and they had to foot the bill of taking care of the machine. I think that is happening today. He said both girls had come down with something, so they weren’t taking chances. That’s a good thing. I asked if he wanted to cancel tomorrow, but he seemed to think it was important to go through on schedule tomorrow. I don’t remember why. But, it was like ok … we’ll figure it out. He said that there is a chance Thom still might come, so we left a message saying we’d pick him up if necessary. And, he thought Joe would be there too, but the time wasn’t confirmed at that time. We pushed for the 11 am time. Pretty much because when I start to think about this kind of opportunity I have a hard time waiting for it. Better at 11 am.

And then we can get some of the talking done and then eat. I can hardly wait.

Maury also talked a little about work. He said that Thom and him will have an interview next week that looked very positive. And, he said that he’s been doing very well financially with his uncle, but that the uncle would be bringing in someone that he’d met through his high school teaching years that was interested in Maury’s position. I think that’s a good thing. I hope that Maury and Thom don’t take too long before they are learning how to be financially up. I think it’s a great opportunity for them. I also talked about the possibility of Joe filling in at St. Rose Center for a while and working as a official through the same kind of organizations Rich work for with his sports. We’ll bring both of them up again tomorrow. On the good news side, their was contact for Joe with the State troopers. It seems he’s made it to the next level. He’ll be going down to Sprinfield for some tests and evaluations soon. I’m not sure if there will be other things to be taking care of as well. Maury didn’t know the time frame of what would be happening next and next. There was some more pressure on Joe to be taking care of his finances soon, because his father wants to start collecting rent by the first of June, and even at that … he’s saying that Joe can only live there for one year and then he’ll give him an eviction notice like he gave his other brothers. I’m not sure if his step-brother Bob is going to go through the same thing. Of course, you might guess my position that it is terrible to treat your children like this. I just can’t see where you are asking them to pay to live at home. It’s just ridiculous, but this is my ex’s mentality. It’s like collecting money from his mother (past expenses) to help her get home. What kind of mother son pay and get paid to be in each other’s company. If he needs money and she’s got it … just give it to him! Shoot. Anyway. I’m not going to get into all that, but I do want to say I think it is evil.

HMPF!

Hmm, Sweetie Pie just left. He stopped for a smooch out the door. No, no … we weren’t pawing him. It just might have looked like that. Oh man he just trips my wires. Hehehe. I think he was looking in pretty good shape. Now it won’t be until about 8:30 pm when he returns. That’s 10 hours on my own … think we can handle that. He did say we might want to nap so we can stay up with him a little tonight.

We’ll definitely consider that. But, we’re hoping that we’re going to work in-between. His planning and activity is very positive motivation for us. When he’s around and just doing things it seems to be a good role model for us. I remember the days and I want to do more. I want to be the better person.

Hmm, might mean getting in the shower soon. Hmm, but then there is the shower right before he gets home … two showers? Maybe, maybe … it would be a good sign to get out of pajamas wouldn’t it? Ok, maybe … maybe?



Aha! My diet buddy called to remind me my goal was for 400 calories. Have to think there, because there are several things in the fridge. We had the soft shell tacos last night and they were great. But, there were only shell leftovers. That could be incorporated. I know there is that split pea soup too. Might be a good idea to use that up … Hmm, maybe then I could have some chips and salsa with that? Hmm, that’s an idea! I think we’ll see what happens when I hit the fridge. It is past 11:30 am, so I’m good to go.

AHA … right on schedule with lunch, except I took a torilla and because we are out of bottled water, I took one of the Yogurt smoothies. Oh GADS … 200 calories!

Shoot, shoot. These drinks then are bad news. Damn I was thinking 100 calories. It is good though. It’s peach. I also have a silly cat here again. They sure do need a lot of reassuring. Grrrrr.

Ok, where is next? Did lunch … now is either post writing or paper writing. Hmm, let me get off the part about yesterdays work first. There were three things – the admin meeting, the Thinking Group, and? Shoot already forgot. For the Admin meeting, we got by pretty easy though we got scolded out loud for not having the work done in December. That part I didn’t like. But, there was good work done and I told her that I only had about 33% on the reports and policies and procedures I was working on. There is still more information to go into the computer for the Tiger program, but that is going to need being an ongoing affair. Our friend didn’t back us up as to having Joe do Karate instead of dance, because it would play toward violence in the mind of some. He stated his point and dead-ended the conversation.

The idea is that Sister is looking for a part-time Q. And, Joe has a psych degree and wants a part-time job. I think it would be fine if Sister found someone else, but for the time being Joe could fill in … I don’t think he’ll want a long-last job, because of his prospect to be working with the State troopers. But, that could take the balance of the year. In the meantime though, we would have someone to do some of the work like with the goals, the Qnotes, and the meetings coming up in June/July. He could also possibly help me with aspects of CARF if need be.

Aha … Joe just called. He’s just rolling out of bed because he was up at Northern playing dungeons and dragons all night. Silly Joe. He was too groggy to really talk to and he was elusive in that everything was fine and he was ok, but there were no details. We said that we had wanted to talk to him about St. Rose, but he said definitely bring it up tomorrow. So, we’ll have to wait. We need to see if Joe is even interested. And, if he’s interested than we’ve really got to sell it to Sr. I think the key word here is temporary help. But, he is quick and can pick it up.

I’m not so sure if he’s going to want to do as much paperwork as I would ask, but that would be in the deal. Some client work with the goals. And, as we’ve stated, I’d love to get him involved in teaching Karate. He could just go through some of the exercises and movements. He doesn’t have to bring in his weapons, etc. No reason the clients can’t learn self-defense. Maybe he could teach them the kick that might one day save their life. He’s such a good guy. He’d be fun to have around especially at summer when they could be out. Plus, I think he knows how to play basketball, so he could help sister outside during the lunch break … he’s a good go between person. All he would be asked to do is engage the clients. That’s something Mirza didn’t seem to want a part of. I think I could go to press that two of Margarita’s relatives worked there and it was my turn. I know at least she hasn’t said no yet, but she’s in a negative mind set. I think all she would need to do is meet Joe. I don’t know how much she remembers of him from 6-7 years ago, but it’s a good deal. Even if he was paid $11 x 30 hours (while the clients were there), he would gross 16,500. Of course, dipwit father is going to want 2,400 of that, but maybe Joe could get an apartment cheap, and possibly too he could still consider the reffing or whatever you do toward gymnastics.

Ok, ok … that’s enough plotting and conniving … man oh man … although part-time and relieved of duty when the state troopers wanted him, it would still be good stuff.

I think I’d have to offer him a deal though. It would have worked out best if he came here to live as to transportation, but maybe somehow I can supplement his pay with transportation money. I really think that Joe could fit in with the personnel. I don’t think he’d be the same problem with over fraternizing with the DSPs … he’d be able to hold that ground that his position was of higher rank. This is not to say that people should lord over one another, but then you can’t have a position where the DSPs are collecting and fighting against management rather than working with. It sets up bad precedent. I think I could go as far as to say that Sr. would love Joe … and he’d be around to do possibly some manly things like lifting or climbing. Yup yup … sure be sweet to have him around. I think it a good idea to have him sitting between Rich and us in the back too. Ok, maybe I’d have to think that through, but a good experience for him nonetheless. Then too, maybe sometime Joe could come home towards us and eat with us. That would be so cool and lead to the other boys coming over as well. Man-o-man am I living on candy lane now! SHhhhh … ok, ok .. let’s not get to over-excited.

Ok, ok … moving on … we turned up the music and got some more coffee. Hmm, the other thing was about the Thinking Group … any thoughts there? Let me think. We did abuse and neglect, and then at the end due to one of our mid-to-low clients suggesting strongly the content of Great America … we loaded that into the conversation. They did pretty good, but it was a tougher subject … I couldn’t bring myself to saying anything more that the chest, or the bottom part or the front. I think most of them got the message. We strongly emphasized telling someone about it and being able to say no. We told them things like if someone touched them where they weren’t supposed that person could go to jail for 2-5 years and have to pay more than $25,000. There was a lot more information passed on so they could understand more of what would happen if something were to occur. We were using individuals as examples and being able to be witness to those events, and being asked to talk in front of a judge about what they saw. I think it was a good lesson … and I’m always proud about what they are able to learn.

AHA! Sweetie Pie’s games were canceled so he said he was on his way early to his mother’s house. He said he might then be home a couple of hours early. Wooo HOOO!!! Plus, we get mom stories! They are always pretty cool. I don’t know what all his people are thinking of us. Maybe we should demand a full and truthful run through? They must be saying something. Hmm, ok … let’s not get suspicious. We would need to understand Rich being protective. I keep thinking of how big I am, or how my face breaks out, or how we can’t keep up with the apartment, and then I think no wonder he’s trying to play me so low-scale. Have to wait and be patient right?



Ok, ok … anything else we could think of to avoid work? Hmm, we were working on something with Dr. Marvin. And, Rich wanted us to do something too. He wanted us to let him know what was going on with the account, and we were supposed to do something about writing down daily calories. Maybe we should open our calorie program.

Hmm, that’s done … we’re at 1116 calories … so far we’ve had … raisin bran cereal, banana, tortilla chips, salsa, soup – split pea/ham, and the yogurt drink. That’s about 1% fat, 80% carbs, and 19% protein. Hmm, something happened on aol cuz I’m not getting the music and it won’t let me click on the station. AHA there we go.

No … stopped … definitely something on their end. Ok, we opened her up again … we’re trying relax traks, but unsure whether we’ll keep it … I don’t like songs where they repeat over and over again the same song. That’s tense for me. We’re thinking of going back to nature songs, hmm, let me try that. Ok, we’re settled … we ended up on new age. Like that and there’s more to it than straight elevator music. I seem to be getting really frustrated lately with hearing old music. I want something new and different. Something my imagination can soar with. The music now is hauntingly beautiful … clarinet solo.

Ok, here focus. I am going to need going to school cuz I think we got something there to do. Let’s do it now … k?

Ok, we’re back. It’s now 3:15 pm. I have just finished reading all the new stuff over at school. We have had a small apple for our snack. We’re trying. What we’ve found from being at school is there are several smart people there. This might in fact be the smartest group as a whole. The professor has made comments on most of the papers, including mine. The best ones said, “Super” on them. Mine was the only one that said “Super research.” I sort of envied the guy who got a comment “Super writing.” But, we’ll just have to practice that next.



He was able to develop his thoughts better where I am still working at collecting major thoughts and hoping they fall into place. We can do this next step I think, but we will have to concentrate more. I’m going to skip the part for now that gets blown away by all that’s going on. I think this session is for everyone to either strut their feathers, or slide into the room’s back seat. We’ve definitely left ourselves out there, but by far and away … most people practice more restraint than we do. We enjoy being less formal, just to make people and what we read be more human.

Ok, we’re only going to think here for a few moments about hunny bunny hehehe. He be the treat. What shall we think? Oh yah, you know what we did earlier for lunch? We made his box of paper towels, he’d brought home for work, fit more beautifully on the new table cloth. We had some old package wrapping that was geometrical in mostly silver and gold. The table cloth is gold-like, so we wrapped the box and left open only the part where the paper comes out. It seems much more visually pleasant. I think he will like it. I would like to do something else special for him. What should it be. I KNOW I KNOW … write papers! But, beside that you know something just for him. Let me look around for a moment.



Ok, that was sort of a head turner. I cleaned out half of a double, double closet.

Wow … that was a lot of stuff. I think it’s going to be 6-7 trips down to the garbage. In the process, I also cleaned up the linen closet with sheets, towels, bathroom stuff and cleaning stuff. Each of them has their own shelf. That was some pretty dusty work. I’m not saying I nailed the dirt, but I did get rid of a whole lot of clutter. My sweetie pie is going to have some room for his fishy stuff.

He’s bringing stuff up to work on tomorrow and he’s going to the fishy store most likely with his friend. I think I’m going to clean off the table for him to work too. That will mean that I have to do something else with the machine. I need to be able to reach and fill it, and I don’t want it taking up walkway, which is at a maximum right now. I can move the magazines and tissue to shelves and the candle, but where do I put the machine?

The only thing I could see which might be a good idea if the hose stretches is to clear a shelve of books and camouflage it there. That might be a real good idea I’ll have to see if it stretches … hold on.

Whew. I didn’t get the books up right, we’ll ask Sweetie Pie to do that, but we got the machine moved over and that seems like a perfect spot for it. It is dark on the bottom and dark shaded clear plastic on the top so it blends in fine. Well with the exception of the hose … we’re going to want to work on that a bit. But, we wet wiped the table so it is all set to go for sweetie pie. There that’s doing a lot of good stuff for him, right? I think though that we’re supposed to eat dinner. He’s not expected home for another hour. Didn’t do so good on paper though. I can do it, right?

Hmm, what to have for dinner. I guess we don’t want more soup, so we should have a frozen? Anything else we have to eat? No, I don’t think so. Woo HOOO then spaghetti frozen! BRB

Good … good … foods in the micro. Let’s see for a minute what happened today. I only saw the part about Chicago being the US nomination for the 2016 Olympics … that’s kinda cool isn’t it?

Mmm, got the dinner in a few things cleaned up and all the water bottles filled.

The living room looks in great shape. Oh yes, the news hold on… Whoops almost forgot the kitty litter.

Ok, done that … good girl.

Ok, it is about 10:30 pm. We’re up kinda late because fishyman came home and we umm needed to do some playing around. Oh yes, that earns a smile. He didn’t have too much to report on his venture. He said that he got tired about 5 pm. It seems like the time at his mother’s went slow for him. They had dinner at 5:30 pm and he had time to do a couple loads of clothes and he worked on his fishy stuff. He said his step-dad was in and out. It was kinda funny, but one of the first things I realized when he had gotten home was that he smelled like cigarette smoke. Man-o-man … all those years he put up with me. I must have driven him crazy. I know there were certain shirts he wouldn’t wear over here because they’d pick up too much. I was glad he taked off his clothes right away *big smile*

Ok, so now is now … probably a pretty good idea to post and get to bed soon.

Usually, we are not up this late writing and I can feel the tiredness in our hands.

Soooo, thank you for being around today, but we shall be saying, nighty-nite!