Visit www.MarineParents.com, a Place to Connect & Share (tm)

Saturday, May 09, 2009

At the lake with Fishy Face!

Is this easier to see? It’s hard to say. This is a new day then the other post that we’re going to be adding about the same time as this one. I played around most of the day and so am just getting to write a little something down and it’s about 5:45 pm. We’re out at a small lake with Rich and he’s practicing his casting, and then too we’re talking to CS in text messages.

We’re going over the part that she just learned that Scott will not be coming to the wedding because he had to see his step-son off to Afghanistan. It was an opinion of both of us that if the stepson was going to Afghanistan 3 times he’d probably be able to take care of himself. Eh, not my life.

From the sounds of it though Ellen my former sister-in-law might be coming to the wedding with my niece – Nathan the groom’s cousin. I’ve always liked Meredith and I have to admit that I liked Ellen the first wife more than Deb the second wife, and now I understand though the grapevine that Scott and Deb are talking about a divorce. Eh … not involved and not going there.

So anyway … Here we are on a beautiful day. Just above 70 I would guess with a slight breeze. Rich just changed his lures. He’s not trying to catch fish, he’s just watching the play and his ability to toss. It’s really relaxed down here.

There’s the smell of barbeques. We had chips and a roast beef sandwich with us. No beer. There are other people around, but no one is bothering anyone else. It’s a small enough lake that you can see around it entirely.

And there is a gentle sloping of the bank so it looks like it’s own amphitheatre.

It’s pretty cool. And, then you know as far as life goes – you give me a computer and I’m fine about anywhere you set me except in the rain. Oh oh he’s going to want his lure box again. Oh good he’s only come over to get the chips. I asked for one and he gave me two. He got the kind that are organic and have sea salt and black pepper. Whew … they’re hot.

A duck just floated back. Whoops mighty fisherman now laying next to me on his blanket. I asked him what part of fishing is this and he said this is the analyzing part. Funny I have seen pictures of the guys analyzing on their pictures too!

I have to be quiet when he is analyzing he says. Hmm, I wonder if his eyes are open?

Ahh just finished the water. I think we’ll last until I have to go to the bathroom.

I think though before we go home, we are going to Walmart. I don’t ever remember going with Rich to Walmart before so it will be a good experience. He says he wants to pick up a little grill and we’re going to want some kind of seating situation – mobile, but big enough to hold us too. I’m thinking I’m too big for those kind they fold up and bag. Maybe we’re going to need looking for a normal folding one, but then I think if we were going to get one anyway, we might as well get a lounge chair. That work better for me using the lap top. I think. I’m really going to have to check it out when we see what they got.

Hmm, I asked Rich if we couldn’t go to his fishy store to get the stuff, but now he’s saying that he’s thinking of not going because he has to look around some to see who has the kind he wants. Boo Boo!!! He finally got me out and now he wants to take me back? This means I won’t most likely get to go with him when he picks it out. He says he doesn’t have any money now anyway. BUT, he’s got to get it before we go next weekend – because mostly I think we’re going to do some old fashioned BBQing! That doesn’t happen enough so I miss it, especially on a day like today when I can smell it in the air. I think it’s not way old fashioned though because he says he’s getting a gas one. Uh huh uh huh … well that’s not really roughing it!

It gets me to thinking of the vegetables I used to make and love so much. We would do the hard crispy kind and put in tin foil with butter and then throw it in with the charcoal. Mmm was that good!

Ok, we just had dinner, remember?

Hmm, thought that guy next to us caught a fish, but it was just a long weed. Well it was almost exciting.

This is a good exercise in stretching out my legs. I don’t suppose I’m going to be able to stand on them when I get up, but I don’t really want to leave now. I think there are little snoring sounds coming from Rich. I think this is going to work real well over the summer. Just have to be able to handle the bugs and heat. But, then there is this part too where everything seems so peaceful as if not a care in the world.

I can’t say that I’m thinking too much yet. I think earlier I was able to say that part that at least we had the groups to pay attention too. I had Admin group … I think I told you that part. On Friday I also had the Thinking group. That was pretty fun. I have to try and remember now what we did.

Oh wait I almost got it. Something about handing out metals (paper). I’m not remembering yet. Hmm, I know something with Bloom Taxonomy. I was finding verbs that they could test out for me like in summarizing, counting, recalling, etc. And, if they could do it they got a metal – and there were tons of them and sometimes if they could do one that was a little harder, then they got a couple awards, and then the winners were the ones that got the most metals. Two of the guys did it. I was happy for each of them because both were the kind that cared about this kind of thing.

I left right after the group – well within a half hour.

And, there was Dr. Marvin too. I think for the majority of the time we talked about how I was doing with my sister. It has some ups and downs, but pretty much I think he figures that this is a good thing and something I wouldn’t have been able to consider doing in the past. It would have been too threatening. I’m pleased that I’m making some progresses, but I’m not getting a lot of support by anyone other than Dr. Marvin. Most of the guys here are still thinking that I’m going to break down because the contact will prove to be too much.

I’m really hoping and praying that if I keep working it out slowly between the relationship and discussing things with Dr. Marvin that it will work. We’ll let him know about my brother’s part learned, but it doesn’t feel safe enough yet. I could see Scott thinking everyone is going to be here so that he has to make a entrance … like he was King instead of being disregarded.

I guess it’s natural to have thoughts of him because he’s in close relation to some stuff going on. I really don’t want to get into the control issues and other problems. Best to let it go and just admire the soft ripple on the water.

Rich had started to wake up before as if we were going home, but we put the hat back over his sunglasses and said noooooo we’re having too good of a time … just relax. We got more typing to do. This is actually the strongest I’ve felt in typing for a while.

It seems at home lately that my thoughts are getting clunky and hard to manage. This morning I started off feeling more responsible in that about 6:30 am, certainly before Rich got up … we went through the whole house and cleaned stuff up … at least the parts that were joint or of my own mess-making. That worked pretty good.

I think it helped Rich too, but then we had a problem with the computer getting that bad adware stuff and so we were grouchy about the time Rich was announcing he was going to the store. He was right not to ask, because we were way in past our ears in trying to get control of our computer back.

On the way over here though he said something even though we were by then almost out of grouchy … something about him doing the groceries and we said we helped because we’d gone out to the kitchen to help him put things away. Then I realized he was talking about the way hard part of going to the stores and lugging things up the stairs. And, then he said something about doing the clothes. And, again I felt a little insulted. I told him I helped with the clothes.

I guess he wasn’t talking about the folding part that I did though … he was talking about going up and down the stairs. There’s no doubt that he did the hard part.

The only thing I can do is be more and more conscious of volunteering myself even when it is hard like going to the store. I think he wants to maintain control over that … and I think we last left it that he had to let me choose at least ONE thing or I wouldn’t feel inspired to go. Yeah right. Not even one thing?

*Sigh*

But, as far as good things go. Rich is up again and throwing his lure into the lake. He’s reminding me that it’s about time to go so I have to finish things up here. But, It has been very nice and beautiful, right?