Visit www.MarineParents.com, a Place to Connect & Share (tm)

Sunday, April 26, 2009

Untitled

Good morning this is me.  We’re not right on track yet, but we’re doing better in that we were able to walk away from Pirates this morning.  At least right now – it’s 8:45 am on Sunday morning. 

Ok, maybe we’re not through with all that yet.  We went back to manage some accounts over there.  Ok, now we’re really back.  We deposited our money for the hour.  I was keyholed by a sour loser, but it looked like he put bounties on people anyway.  He should use the money to fortify his ships, but that’s up to him I suppose.   I don’t think being keyholed is such a big deal.  I think of it almost as an honored that someone thinks of me as threatening enough to get a bigger dog after me.  *Sigh*

It’s now about 9:45 am and we’re testing out the meatloaf.  CS said that it was too spicy and hard to digest … Ok … that’s fine.  But it still seems a good idea to keep us from going out too much – I’m glad I brought something. 

I told CS that I would probably be leaving about 2 pm, so I suppose in a few hours we’ll get something to eat and most likely it will be out of the house.  If the hostess doesn’t like anything in her fridge, then she leaves that as the only option.  I’m hoping that the cost of being here doesn’t become preemptive of me not being able to come. 

She was surprised that her MIL called.  I thought that was a nice thing for her to do and I think CS was pleased.  But, I don’t think she trusts the call and there wasn’t things suspicious about it.  I don’t want to tear down either party.  I think it’s hard on the Mom because she feels poor and CS feels like she’s rich.  So there’s some hard feelings between all that as well as the natural competition over Mark.  Again, that’s not my business though so we’ll let it go. 

This morning we got to watch Rich and my Sunday morning show, so that was nice.  Bea Arthur died over night so that’s been a big deal on the news.  Now Face the Nation is on, but it’s a little too much for me to focus on it very well.

CS is in the other room watching some special show.  I’m not sure what it is, but she mentioned watching some financial show.  We told her that not spending money was the only thing financial we needed to know.  I think it is hard for her to watch the news.  I don’t think she’s overly interested in what’s going on out there.  It’s ok, I know that I wasn’t there for a long time either.  I’m glad that she’s letting me watch some stuff, but I feel bad she’s retreated to the bedroom.  She says though that she’s rarely in the living room and she spends most of her time in the bedroom. 

I think she was out quite a bit yesterday, so that was pretty positive.  She said that Mark isn’t going to be home until tomorrow morning, so she’s going to feel lonely after we go.  I wish Mark was coming back sooner, but Rich said he might be home as early as 5 pm, so we’re going to want to be home in time for that.  I miss our lovey dovey. 

I sure hope he’s having a better time fishing today than yesterday.  I don’t know if its raining that far south, but I think he said something about it raining in Brookfield so it sounds like he has some ties to that.  I’d really like to think that being on the boat will put him in a good place regardless of how many fish he catches.  I’m not that naïve to be unappreciative of fishymen NEEDING to catch fish, just I think he really needs something to look forward to. 

I think for now though we’ll go to hoping he’s ready for a good message. 

AHA!  We’re almost up to the new CNN program for Sunday mornings.  We’ll enjoy it I think unless CS comes out then we’ll ask if she wants to watch something else.  I’d like her to be able to be out in these rooms.  She’s got a beautiful fireplace.  I’m not sure if Mark uses it, but I’d have it on all the time.  I hope that its not costing more to use it, but I imagine that it’s burning some kind of fuel so we have to be cautious of that.  The show coming on is State of the Union with John King.  It’s a good review of the week, plus they’ve put it together over the week in new formats.  I think it might be a 2-3 hour show. 

The poor dogs – I had some of the meatloaf and we didn’t give them any.  I like feeding dogs as well as the next guy, but we don’t want to set a bad precedent.  They really beg badly.  I think now CS feels uncomfortably conscious of this process, but I don’t know what else to do.  It’s like the situation with the money in that we’ve got to make sure she knows we have boundaries. 

I’m thinking that I should call my mother, but I’m not thinking that would be too much fun.  I think she might be still out to church this early, but I don’t really want to check that out.  Maybe what we’ll do is call her on the way home.  That will break up the drive a little.  I don’t mind the drive at this point because it doesn’t really seem that far.  I’m sure there will be some times though that it will feel long.  I think the hardest part is that I’d like to be home with Rich and that distance is a little sad. 

Ok, girls let’s get off this. 

I don’t know if I mentioned it, but Thom has called and written a few times this week.  I was really excited to get a phone call from him.  He sounds great and it doesn’t sound like he’s far away at all.

I also don’t know if we mentioned it, but we’re talking over having his kitty stay with us.  The kitties name is Nef.  Thom sent a picture of him, but it wasn’t an email that went through so we’ll have to wait.  Alexis is supposed to bring him over tomorrow to see how he does.  I am going to take a sick day tomorrow.  I know that we’re going to be on a long 4-5 day weekend, but I feel it’s really important to the kids that we help out if we can.

Thom seems kind of down again, because it seems to him that Alexis is putting off being there with a later doctor appointment than might be desired.  She only had 3 weeks, and I’m not sure which date that started on, but she’ll only have like a week or so after the doc to get to Japan.  We don’t know what else is going to happen in between times.  I don’t think she’s ready to leave yet, but her window of opportunity is closing.  When I talked to her on the phone last week about Nef, she was still working.  I told her that she should stop work to be getting ready.  If she doesn’t do that it will be her excuse for not going.

I don’t mean to be mean to her, because I really hope the best for her and Thom.  But, I don’t think their marriage will last if she doesn’t put some effort into being together.  I don’t like to see that Thom is down. 

I asked Thom if the books had gotten there and he said that he’d sent a note to that affect, but we hadn’t gotten anything so I’m thinking we might have thrown it away by accident.  Thom said thank you then.  He didn’t say anything else about it although we tried to engage in that conversation.  He was too frustrated with the marriage situation to go into it in any depth.  I hope that it was that and not that he didn’t like or appreciate the books. 

I’m afraid, but I had thought of that before deciding on the books.  Basically, if Thom was going to be over there particularly if he’s by himself, he’s going to need doing something constructive.  I hope that he doesn’t pick up bad habits in drinking or being with girls just to punish himself.  I don’t know where Thom would land psychologically.  I do know that sometimes he talks about progressing in rank so we’re back to hoping that this helps him work that out. 

I’ve still got a few more books to send so I might try to ask CS if she could send a few more.  I don’t want to impose, but thinking that I have all the books now.  There were 3 more that came in the mail and there were a few oversized ones that I’d taken from our collection from home that I had started sending him before, but the box had gotten too big. 

We’ll have to see.  Maybe I should go out there and check out the size and weight of the boxes.  I’d like to know if I could be sending something or whether it’s going to be too unmatched in size.  The problem is that if I get up then it will set the dogs to barking again and I’m not so sure that I want to do that, because then I will disturb CS and the show and my computer and all and I’d worked too hard to get to this peaceful part of my mind.  Ok, then it’s pretty well decided – we’ll wait on that.  Maybe we can take another look at it again when we get up to go toward lunch.  We’ve still got a couple of hours to go.

I think I did as much as I could in preparing myself to be ready to leave when I should.  I’ve been doing a fairly good job at keeping my things together … I found a very nice space in the kitchen in using the space under the built-in desk that no one is using.  It stacks just right with its wide opening my small suitcase, my briefcase, my leather bag for medicine and my camera. 

There’s one more bag that’s a plastic garbage bag for my dirty clothes and a few things on hangers in the closet with another bag pulled over that.  There are two more small sandwich size bags in the bathroom, but I will get those to the suitcase the next trip up which is coming pretty soon. 

I’ve folded the blankets from the bed as we get up and I’ve been trying to get dishes fairly quickly to the dishwasher.  Other than that I’ve not made too much a foot print.

Pswhoo that was done – I feel bad though because every time I go in there to use the washroom it startles her and the dogs.  I just wanted to sneak in and out.  She looks pretty zonked.  She said something about feeling bad that she’s so out of it during my time there.  I told her honestly NOOO, we need some time for our computer writing.  It’s really true. 

Yesterday we felt in a funk because we weren’t using our time productively.  The idea of typing while she’s here at the table was really far off, because every 4-5 minutes she’d have something to add to a conversation that she was having.  I think we talked about it yesterday when people take your attention from the thoughts you’d rather be having.  I like the thought with writing although I might be holding you in thoughts not really worthy of your own; at least you can pick it up and put it down in your own time frame. 

*Sigh* after all this time with you and we’re still unsure.  We don’t think there are many of your reading, but then maybe you’ll be reading this and I would have been dead 100 years.  I would like to think that whatever happens in time we make it through on someone’s shelf or another.  Ok, why are we being this morose.  Ok, YOU!  Stop!

Hmm, have some more coffee?  That be good for me!  I think that we’re going to save some of our sick time tomorrow when not watching the kitty if it indeed does come tomorrow morning – is to be doing the bills.  I know that I have them now, but I’m so happy to have some writing time when we’re being serious about doing that that I don’t want to break it up … well, yes this and our natural aversion to dealing productively with money.  I think our main purpose of doing money is to see if there’s enough I can squeak out to be spending.

I should probably spend some time too in trying to understand the craving for purchases of material and other items in that it seems even stronger from this perspective of being with family.  Hmm, well maybe we don’t want to get into that too far, but somewhere in there it’s got to be a special thing built into our psyche. 

I think that my sister, brother and I all have it.  I think also that it comes from my father over my mother.  I don’t really see her spending so much, but she might if it weren’t for John holding that part back.  I do know that my father liked buying his toys.  When I look at both parents houses though I see things that have been around for very long periods of time – matter of fact before my dad died he had his couch that was purchased during our youth redone to sit as the major piece of furniture in his living room.  I think he did like to have toys and when he did buy something he went all out.  My mother might be considered much more stingy.  I didn’t realize it until after we’d been in other homes past college, but she had had the same curtains in her house my entire life.  Nothing seemed new.  I think she would like to think of herself as being frugal.

That’s really not an idea for myself that I need to have.  I would like to be self-sufficient, but I like to have nice things about me.  I see that as stated before in my sister and brother. 

I love Gloria Borger.  I think she explains things well and is very knowledgeable.  They are talking about whether we can hold attorneys accountable for bad advice as that of the attorneys for what happened with the torture.  This week the speaker of the house wanted to make very clear she didn’t have anything to do with that.  It’s sort of our take on America this week.

I’m not so in favor of attorneys that I wouldn’t want to hold them ALL accountable, but then I agree with it as an upset to our legal system.

Yeeks been playing again ... we went to do something that led to something that led to something.  We're trying out the browser for Flock.  It's integrative for many of our applications like this part that adds to blogger ... we'll see.


Blogged with the Flock Browser