Visit www.MarineParents.com, a Place to Connect & Share (tm)

Saturday, April 25, 2009

Good morning this is me and we’re coming to you this morning from the sunny outdoors. I’ve tried adjusting the screen some and it works a little, but not real good. I could foresee having problems on a real sunny day.

There was a little mishap too. I spilt my coffee and it was the first hour of fishing and I messed up something. I’m worried that Rich’s boat is going to have a coffee stain – Plus I’m out a cup of coffee. Maybe this is God’s way of saying you haven’t figured out the bathroom situation have you? Dear oh dear.

I talked to Marsha for a few moments and I think she has something in the boat, but I’m not sure. Details of that to come later. I just heard her say something from camping. That be kind of fun if you could go to the bathroom outdoors. WooHOOO!

It’s a little after 10 am now and we’ve been out on the water for about an hour. I’m having the best time. I will be more comfortable when I figure out though how to get internet and my power cord to work out here. I’m afraid at some point of the day I’m going to have to shut down. I think I’ll handle that just it won’t be my preference. I guess I could stay away a couple of days according pirating activity – but you gotta believe that’s on my mind. Ok, back to the boat and fishing. The temperature is absolutely perfect. The trolling motor on the boat is VERY quiet. I can’t hear it at all.

We used the big engine getting out to this particular spot. We are in a small bay. The back of the boat is mine Rich says and the front of the boat is his. Right now I’m his official getter-outerer. That means when he needs something in one of his boxes like new hooks or lures or to reach for a new rod, then it is my job to get it.

I think I’m pretty official. I think though I must be the chief coffee spiller too! I’m not sure if it’s wise or not, but I just reached for a bottle of water. Rich has my cooler, which is very convenient. He’s got in it water, pop, and our lunches along with a bag of ice he got from dunkin donut. I didn’t know they gave you stuff like that!

Hmm, I just saw Rich get his official first lure in the tree stump. Hehehe well it wasn’t overly exciting, but you know what I mean. Just something a little different.

Good good. We just saved in case we had to move fast.

Oh my gosh!!! Rich just caught his first fish!!!! I was so excited, but it jumped of the hook after it had gotten to the boat and it flopped back here were we have our feet. We were a little excited. We got a few pictures, but Rich let it go right away. It was 12” he said and that wasn’t big enough to keep. He had a hard time bending to do what he had to do.

I’m so glad he caught his first fish. Hmm, think it didn’t count though because it has to be big enough to keep … he’s got a live well for that. I think I heard Rich say that the loser has to buy dinner tonight. Hehehe I’m not in the contast so I’m pretty sure I won’t be the loser.

I saw that Marsha had a pole in her hand, so I’m not sure if that’s fair to Rich because it be two fisherpeople to one, but he says that he’s faced bigger odds. I think if I were fishing all day I might get a little bored, but I absolutely love it out here with a slight breeze and typing away.

The angle is not perfect yet though. It’s pretty good. I’ve got an open consul space on my side which turns out to be pretty cool. There’s more visability in watching Rich AND it’s then enough space for a cooler. The cooler is usable for both a table and a footstool.

I tried putting it on my lap and that might work for short periods, but I’ve got a life belt on which makes it hard to move my hands that close to my tummy as to being able to reach the keyboard. The problem with this angle is that I’m putting some stress on my back. That part’s going to need being figured out.

Hmm, that’s better already. I put my briefcase on top of the cooler so the computer sits up higher. Sweet. Wow I guess the mother of all inventions or something like that. I couldn’t be happier except it would be nice to be having my pirates and coffee. *Sigh* I know give it up.

Coffee is not happening AND pirates do distract me from my writing which is the higher purpose.

Hmm, my water bottle smelled fish, because it had already fallen where the fish had flopped.

That’s no good. Lucky water has a top on it or I’d wasted that too. Sheesh!

Every once and a while I look up and I see an interesting bay or something. I got my camera right here to grab. Hmm, we should probably have an alternative plan in case it rained. I don’t know if there would be enough room under the seats. They both hing up and I know there IS some storage. I do know that it would at least hold my camera in its case, so I guess the worse scenario is I just move my computer in its padded jacket to underneath and then my case would just get wet. There is some room under Rich’s consul too. That might work.

Just gotta figure out my space here. There’s not a whole lot of room.

Rich put in the chair for me. Wow I looked up and I saw fishes in back of me on the sonar. But, I’m just learning to read the screen as to where it is on the monitor in relation to the boat.

I think Rich is happy. We’re going to be helpful to him. I’m not as competitive, I don’t tell him where to go, I’m going to make it a habit not to be complainy, I’m generally quiet because we’re typing, but if he wants to talk to someone we’re here. Yup, yup think this is going to work. I think though when it gets hot out, I’m going to need being skinny enough to wear my bathing suit, because I could imagine getting a real good tan out here. Yup, yup that be the thing to do.

I’m going to be a BOAT BABE!!! Hehehe

Well, more of a baby than a babe. I got to get a handle too on the part where there are fish in the boat.

Hmm, we just got for our baby face a green and chartreuse worm. I think he knows there are fish here it must be then a matter of what they want to eat. I don’t know how you know all this stuff, but Rich is pretty smart.

Hmm, the wind has picked up a bit. Rich says that it was supposed to pick up during the day. I still like it. I took off my sweatshirt because it seemed warm, so I have that to go back to if its uncomfortable. I’ve also got one of Rich’s rock colored fishing vests. It’s the one that I wore so much when he went to Louisiana. I think it’s almost officially mine, because he likes wearing another one that’s green.

I think I need to find something for the pockets though. Shame to have this many pockets without putting something in it.

There’s so much to learn about fishing, but it really does get a sparkly report. Officially, we’ve been out here for two hours. The time has flown past.

I love the sound of the water and the floaty feeling or when a boat goes by that ours he’s and part too so there is the sound of the water hitting the shore.

We had yesterday a real nice car ride., I didn’t get out the computer though because I wanted to be a little more attentive to Rich. I think that was a good thing. We looked at a lot of farms.

Whoops we just changed spots … if we are going to insert pictures later, this is the space by the cement wall, good smelling fireplaces and tall stairway. Beautiful houses by the lake. I’m feeling a little distracted with the writing, because we’ve been watching Rich.

Bob’s called a couple of times too. He says he has a fish in the boat. Rich told him when he caught his small fish that I was standing on top of the motor. Yeah haha.

Hehehe just took a bunch of pictures of Rich getting his lure out of a tree …. There were no fish in the trees! He’s being silly.

He’s got his worm bag out and throwing out all kinds of colors to try … he’s going to use the black and blue worms. He had to do a little bending. He’s got a whole bag of new lures, but he only took out one of them so far. He says he should be using jerk bait, but he doesn’t want to wear out his poor body. He’s still moving very slow.

He says he’s not real thirsty yet. I haven’t been able to see the first man thing over the edge, BUT, we’re pretty close to someone’s lake front property.

I’m feeling pretty good, but a little hungry. It’s about 11:45 am. I could write all day though … I feel like I could write all day at this pace, or at least as long as the battery hold up.

Rich is on his third rod. He’s using a rattletrap … umm, he says it umm rattles. Hehehe … ok, I’ve got a real lot to be learning. I think Bob wants him to come over where he is, but Rich wants to fish this area a little. He’s not saying anything about how Marsha is doing, but I think Bob must have asked about me. Rich didn’t say anything about my computer, but he explained that I wasn’t fishing and I didn’t even have a license. I suppose soon enough Bob will figure out we’re a writer with computer.

I should say something here about when the boat is moving fast … WOW! It’s really something.

It goes really fast, but Rich says we were only going about 25 miles per hour. The speedometer says it goes up to about 80. I think we have a 150 hoursepower.

Whoops got my 5 minute close warning. Better go!

Ok, we’re up and running again. We went down this long and curvy river and we’re still at the river. It’s about 1:30 PM. We’ve sorta met up with Bob and Marsha. They are within yelling distance. Bob said, “Get outta here!” Bob says all kinds of affectionate things. Hehehe
They love it though. Bob’s the one that called Rich and told him to come over to his spot. Well one of his spots. He said he caught fish, but he won’t tell Rich exactly where because the two guys are fishing next weekend for the real tournament.

This one is for fun and girl bragging rights. Sure wish my camera battery didn’t go down.

Tomorrow if it rains, Rich says that he is going to probably want to go out just with Bob in one boat, because the guys don’t mind being in the rain. On that account though, Rich did buy me a nifty neato green rain suit. I got tops and bottoms. It’s surprisingly lite, but I haven’t tried it on yet. We’re hoping it’s ok. It’ going to get awfully hot this summer, so I’m hoping its going to be at least comfortable.

It is so absolutely peaceful out here. I found that for a while at least I can put my feet up on the cooler and rest the computer on my thighs. That seems to be a very comfortable spot that reminds me a lot of the one I do most often at home with the small computer and the couch.

I really don’t mind giving up CNN for the boat water sounds and that of birds. Wow … I wish I could tell you how incredible this is. There’s something too, because we know that Rich is so happy. It is a lot of work getting everything coordinated, but the end result is that he’s directing his own boat and he can go anywhere he wants and that gotta be making him feel like a million.

We ate some lunch on the river trip down here. Rich picked up some Panini’s for lunch from dunkin donut this morning where we stopped for coffee and a muffin. They were kinda like eating cold cheese, but it was good to chew on so that made things feel filled up. WooHOO.

Hmm, I just learned something. If Rich says … watch out, It means that he’s going to hit something. Hehehe. Nothing real big, cuz we’re just floating along, but sometimes the boats bumps against logs in the water.

Hmm, that was cool too. We were just up next to a beaver dam. I look up and there’s just this stuff all around. It’s pretty cool.

I think that Bob is headed down this way now. I can hear his boat behind us. This will be the closest we’ve been all day. Better wait a moment here. Pretty sure they will talk before passing by. It will probably be a little harassment here.

Yup, I was right, but I think he’s not exaggerating. He seems to have caught 3 fish. That’s going to throw Rich’s whole program off. He can’t believe how much better Bob is doing.

I think Bob is going down water some. It was good to see them. I’ve only met Marsha a couple of times now, but she seemed equally comfortable in the boat. She’s reading a book. If she likes it then maybe we can both pre-fish all summer. Rich has to be able to afford it though too. I can imagine this to get kinda expensive, especially for the hotel and gas. I think there’s an incidental fee too in that every time Rich goes fishing he gets more new stuff. Sheesh … kinda compulsive could we say?

Hmm, a couple of kids and a dog in the woods … They look around 16 or 17. I don’t see any fishing poles, but I can hear some girls in the background.

Well now it’s a little later – about 2:30 pm. I thought it was going to rain so I put away the computer, then Rich and I talked a little not much, but he decided to go back up the way we’d originally came. I like this slow speed of the river, because then I can keep typing.

*Giggle* going under the first bridge now … It was really cool. Well, cool and cool ya know. I feel like I was dropped down into this spot. Most the woods around us – or banks seem to go up.

We tried to call CS on the phone, but the connection wasn’t very good, so we texted her instead.

It sounds like she had a real busy morning. She went to the vet, pharmacy, to get stuff for the guys lunch, etc.

There seems to be so much to look at for just being in most of one position all day. Before we got to the river, we stopped by the ranger type place to see if there was anyone to collect the $10 fee, but no one was home. We did get a chance to stop in the concrete floor outhouse. No flusher.

I thought Rich just needed a little sugar because he called me up by him, but as it turned out he needed to lift the back off a stump. HMPF! Well you can better believe it I smooched him anyway. Hehehe got in a few good gropes too, but then he said something about he was fishing or something like that, DOUBLE HMPF!

I tried to tell him Bob was probably making out on his boat, but he didn’t go for it.

I don’t think I ever finished where I was before, but not sure where that was. I can say we had a nice trip down and saw a lot of farm houses. We didn’t do any real serious talk, but after his mothers well before it too, we worked on calming him down. He was a little riled up from work and whatever. I think his wife came up at one point because of some news on postman not getting ahold of us to give certified letter, but that shot up his blood pressure like anything.

We tried to say our part in that we needed someone who could calm down and talk about stuff other than Dr. Marvin. I don’t think he wanted to hear that so the conversation was scrapped.

Rich says now today he’s having bad luck. I hope its not me giving him that. It be a shame to do all this and not go home relaxed.

Rich just pointed out another goose. He’s shown me three mothers sitting on separate little grass clumps in the water. They are on top of their nests. They don’t seem to like attention.

They are very quiet when we pass by, buy got their necks a little coiled. I though so they could strike, but Rich said it was because they were hiding. Eh, it could have gone either way.

Hmm, we’re changing bait again and we’re still talking to CS.

Hmm, now Rich says he’s trying a chad … it’s got a sneaky weighted hook. Poor fishes.

Rich says the noisy geese are fighting for territory. I just don’t know how he knows all this stuff. Pretty smart.

Hmm, I wonder how Bob and Marsha are doing? I wonder if anyone has looted all my money. I think I would loose energy after a while and they wouldn’t be able to chase down all my loot.

Hmm, I think I’m getting a little color. My arms seem to be a little stingy. But, we’ve been wearing the hat so I think my face will have stayed pale.

I’d like to take off my under thing is that acceptable? Probably not. It’s Rich and it’s that fishing thing. Ok, what next. I don’t think we told you that the room was pretty good. It’s a normal room, but its not a subnormal room. Rich was worried about the boat in the neighborhood, but the security said they’d pay special attention. It was fine. Bob got us a room with a couple of double beds. That was a little awkward. Rich and us got our own room, but double beds are a little small for couples though neither of us wanted to sleep in our own bed. We made due.

We stayed up a little late, but still didn’t get much done with our pirates before we were falling asleep. There seemed to be a lot to do and Rich was like it’s after midnight come to bed. We didn’t seem to want to deal with that. So goes our experiment with having coffee late afternoon.

Ahh I see Rich got us some Coke Zero. I know why now. So much late night stuff. Boo, Boo…
Hmm, Rich was practicing moving around in a channel.