Visit www.MarineParents.com, a Place to Connect & Share (tm)

Monday, March 30, 2009

Just a quick catch-up from over the weekend

Good morning. This is me. We don’t have a whole lot of time this morning. We’ve been reviewing stuff in general from where we’d left off the day before. It’s now almost 6:30 am so there’s not too much time left before we go to work. Shower, packing and medicine is all taken care of.

Hmm, Rich just got a call saying that he’s going to need opening up … so he’s going to be leaving in just a moment. That seems ok … in that he was already ready and just taking care of a few things. It gave us a chance to hug and cuddle him for a moment. *Sigh* that guy is just the frosting on the sugar free cake!

So not too much time left – I’m going to be ok … just think the mantra … I can handle work, I can handle work.

Yesterday went by too fast. I’m not sure if I’m going to be able to remember what happened. I don’t remember if we were on the computer or what not. I don’t recall yesterday at all yet. I have to think hard. I do know that we had some speccccccial time with flufferbunny that was exceptional … that’s all you get on that part though.

Ahh … Rich is doing a nice Rich … he went out ahead of me so he called up to say that I could open my car from upstairs and he would scrape my windows. We had some terrible snow yesterday. Now it seems that most of it is gone, but there’s still that little bit of damage control.

Ok, back to trying to remember the weekend. I know that a good part of Friday and into Saturday we’d been working on the long post to MP.com. I don’t think we got too far with anything else.

Hmm, I do remember something. There was a point in the early morning when apparently some part of us made a comment to Rich about not knowing who he was.

That led to some really spacey time. Rich tried to talk to the part, but I just remember the part of laying on the bed with him and he was sorting clothes and we couldn’t talk and felt very confused. I think from there we went back to the living room with him and worked our way through it by watching his Sunday morning show. We eventually came back into ourselves.

Now I’m not remembering past that point. Hmm, there was something I’m remembering now. At some point we made a couple of calls … We called my mother and we called CS. John, my mother’s husband had a pacemaker put in this week and we wanted to make sure that all was going well in that direction. We had a good talk there and it seemed that we were able to respond to her as if we were in this dimension.

It had come up as very interesting that she had gotten a call back from her oldest closest friend in high school. Apparently, she’d followed my directive in giving her a call, but didn’t get responded to quite as quickly. It turned out the woman’s husband had died a couple of weeks before. That was truly a sad thing.

I guess they had a long phone conversation though and it turns out the woman is just an hour away from them in an assisted care facility. I’m pretty sure that after John gets better that they will connect. It seems like both of them could use a friend. Besides Kay Morgan and now this woman from her old neighborhood, she’s really never had a friend. I think this newer lady who puts her and John up when they are in the cities is more a friend to the couple, where this other lady and Kay had been personal friends – you know like girl to girl.

I felt happy with her for having made that connection.

She mentioned that her stepson had married someone she found out that had played volleyball with us. She couldn’t think of what the girls maiden name was, but that got us to thinking … and from there we went back into our old boxes and eventually pulled out our year books from high school. I’ve got the three of them. I spent most of the time in the year book where we had graduated. I was surprised in what we’d found.

The first thing was that we found a picture that was loose that was taken of me on the girls volleyball team when we were in college. I can’t believe how skinny and strong we looked. It was a ball in motion picture and we were bumping the ball.

There are a few other pictures, but that one stood out. There was amazingly enough though pictures in the book of us too in that it showed us literally cross country skiing and it showed another picture of us playing volleyball this time we were serving. I can hardly wait to show Maury – because he also did volleyball in school and was particularly good also in serving and in bumping. I think he’s going to enjoy seeing how good we looked!

We did a very long and comprehensive look through the book. We didn’t find the one my mother had mentioned, but we rekindled a lot of thoughts. We were impressed with how many names and faces we’d remembered, but then too we were remembering a certain group of people mostly the ones that were busy and involved and seemed to gravitate to the higher academic skills. There were several groups we were involved in that I don’t have enough time to explore now

We also got one more call from Maury while he is down in Mexico. It sounds like things between him and Lauren are not going to work out. I won’t go into the specifics here, but I’m not sure if their marriage is going to remain intact. We’d hoped that things would get straightened out while on the trip, but now we’re thinking it’s more like the last hurrah. It hurts to think of Maury going through something negative, but then it seemed we were more prepared that this could happen. I’m glad that he got a chance to take this trip though and I just wish it would be happier for him

I was really touched that he had called.

We’re going to need to get going now, but maybe we’ll continue for just a bit after we get to work. There are a few more things I’d like to figure out, though at the moment I can’t think of what. BUT, it’s that time … so see you again later ;)