Visit www.MarineParents.com, a Place to Connect & Share (tm)

Thursday, March 26, 2009

Just a few notes from work

Good morning. This is me again. We’re at work and it is about 9:30 am. We are still waiting for the printer guy. I hope he gets here soon so my day doesn’t get too messed up.

As to the general computer/printers we found 4 of the little ones that weren’t able to print, I thought I couldn’t print on mine, but I decided while waiting to get refills in the color cartridges and whoa! My printer is working! Shoot can think of the days where it would have served our purposes that it did so. I’m feeling pretty ridiculous about that all. But, there are still 4 computers not working so we’re happy about that part. Would have been embarrassing for him to come and all the printers were to be working.

I’m hoping with the other machines it’s a matter of coding the computer proper. That seemed off in a few and I’m not sure of the other two as well. They each say something different in connecting. I checked and all 4 get the Internet so I can be pretty sure it’s not the cable although that usually is a likely suspect.

It’s taken me all morning to get to this point. I also had met Rich while he was here to get the attorney’s address. We’re still complaining between the two of us about whether it has to go in, but his lawyer didn’t say to skip turning it in. It turned out that he was just getting a copy of the document from the other attorney today. Rich took 1 week to get it in … just the letter FROM the other attorney.

But, I know in 6 days it is supposed to be in. I don’t have time to wait this terrible game between Rich and his attorney where things move like molasses.

Then he said that maybe his attorney wouldn’t need the documents and that I should wait until he asks, but my way of thinking of it is that if the other attorney has the documents, of course Rich’s attorney is going to want to know what’s going on.

It seems like another delay and another day off to take care of mailing things on two separate days. I’m going to do it all on one day … and then I want to be through with it.

I figured I worked hard to get everything in. This is not going to sit on my shelf.
As to the meetings today … you know the status of the printing guy and then there is two meetings. We’ll do one like yesterday for CIRCLES on Sexual abuse. One of the clients had gotten material to look at from her work and Sr. thought it would be a good idea to share it with all the groups.

I had a hard time with it with Group 1 because of two of the guys preference in thinking sexual thoughts in an adolescent manner. We worked hard though to stay on task and convince them that sexual abuse was a serious matter. I don’t know how deep the lesson went, but the effort is well worth the lesson taught.

The other group – staff training will be taken over by Sr. Theresa. She’s going to have the first Friday meeting today. I asked her about it being Holly’s turn, but she said pretty much not to fuss over it and that I should just stay in. She did ask if there was anything I wanted to bring up with the staff that I should write it down and give it to her.

Let’s think about that now. The staff did real well with the sign language and the staff did good with the state inspection. Those were the things that we were looking for. The staff had gone over the policies and procedures. As to paperwork, we just went through the chrononotes with Rosa a month or so ago … so that’s all good.

All the DSPs are also caught up with the chrononotes, though we might review that they are due on the 5th of the month for the previous month. That’s not major.

Hmm, better look at their schedule. I know that Sr. had done a survey to see what they were interested in and then there is the schedule that we propose to DHS standards. Let’s see where that lays.

Ok … well we’re well through the day … I just finished with the CIRCLES group.

We’ve been working through sexual abuse and it was a lot easier to do this with Group 2 than Group 1 because of some unruly males in Group 1.

The computer guy took a couple of hours between 9:30 and 11:30, so then I slipped out pretty fast to do the H&R Block return before the noon group. I think I’d stated earlier that Sister is going to do the next group for me, but I gave her the program areas and ideas to cover as well. They turned out to be about 8 pages which were mostly lists. I will close up here after I get back from the meeting. Hmm, or maybe now?

Next is bank and post office, and then Dr. Marvin’s and home. I don’t know if Rich is going to be in … no strike that … I KNOW he’s got a game tonight. And, then we’ll have to see about tomorrow … My car is making a loud squealing sound in the back and I think it’s my brakes. I made an appointment to get my car in … just have to see whether or not I’ll be able to go to work.

But for now … better go. See ya!