Visit www.MarineParents.com, a Place to Connect & Share (tm)

Saturday, February 14, 2009

And then they'd be off to the Races

Good morning. This is me and we’re very frustrated. We’re not sure what’s happening, but we’ve been up for a couple of hours trying to troubleshoot what’s happening to the computer and case that we’ve attempted to buy. It’s a big runaround and I can’t get a straight answer.

H&R Emerald Master Card says that Google has charged the $1,400 some, Google says that it’s canceled the order from Buy.com, there were two orders from Buy.com that both seem to be canceled, but we can’t get a phone number from H&R Block to verify what Google account because Google is just going through a slow inquiry period. It seems I’ve spent $1410 something which isn’t matching up with the Buy.com, but that means that I’ve spent it somewhere else … most likely on a computer, but I’m not sure where or if the bag was included or if its something that needs to be cancelled. It’s just a terrible ordeal. I don’t ever remember having this much trouble ordering online.

The bottom line is that I may or may not have spent $1,400 something on a computer and bag and there seems to be no way to verify what has happened. I don’t know what to do next … everyone says its everyone else’s situation. I have put out a couple of inquiries through Google to Buy.com and other so I think we’re going to need waiting it out. I have no emails verifying that a purchase was made anywhere else, but the amounts are about $12 off, so I’m thinking another company might be involved, but I don’t think I’m going to know anything until something shakes loose.

If I canceled the money from the H&R Block – IF I can cancel … it would seem that I’m going to need waiting 3-4 weeks before the money becomes available again. It’s a terrible situation … that might have to be solved by waiting for response to email sent out or some confirmation that something has shipped to me. I don’t think I’ll ever use H&R Block Emerald card OR Buy.com Too aggravating … Plus I think the purchase went through Google which just seems to be that much more complicating the matter. YEEKS!

So, with or without knowing if I’ve purchased a computer or lost the $1,400 some to the Internet Gods I’m going to need putting it all aside for the time being until hopefully I get a response from somebody cooperative by email or phone … I’ll be watching that tightly. I’ve put out as many inquiries as possible. BUT, let’s just say that a purchase has been made somewhere. We COULD talk a little about what it is that we’re talking about having purchased.





In general we are getting the tablet from Lenovo that we mentioned the other day, but with alterations. We are getting the model 74499EU, which means I’ve gotten the Lenovo Tablet PC that I wanted except it’s been stripped of all the bells and whistles. It doesn’t have the extra memory, battery life, camera, docking devise, DVD, or several other things like ATT interface card. I know that this is all part of what made it something I wanted to buy, but the financing became unmanageable.

I think along the way you’ve heard of some of the problems I was having with it. I wanted the $2,200 model with the above, but I only had $1,400 some to spend through the tax return. BUT, if the purchase works out eventually, I will get the stripped down model which is still a great computer and a tablet for the amount I have without extra financing. The financing did go through from Advantage, but their people were going to charge me 36% interest. As much as I wanted the good computer … there deal was that I took out $2,500 paid $1,400 in interest and then in the end I’d still have only leased the computer and would have to purchase the balance, which no one was telling me how much it was. That was NO DEAL!!!

Dr. Marvin was very happy how reasonable I was being … he said before I would have taken it straight from bill money and not stopped to check anything out … I was glad that he saw that I was really trying to manage my expenses. Last night I told Rich after we’d decided against the better computer for 36% financing that we’d considered it and passed it down. I think he was so frightened for us and what we might do … that he’d stopped breathing. Then he let it wash over him without considering any longer. He was just relieved I didn’t go with the deal. He said I could get a loan from a loan shark or a thug for less interest rate than that. I’d actually considered the same thing. YEEKS!

The bottom line is that 2 Gb memory and 160 Gb hard drive is plenty sufficient for what I need to do. The big worry is getting the Microsoft 2007 program on it and as long as that works there are only a few small programs I’ll want to put on it that will eat up memory. Most my data … really doesn’t do that number justice. My main computer is still going to be my standup here at home, but the other one is to move wherever we are going and to help us keep up with the paperwork at work. I’m really hoping when the dust settles everything will be fine.

Just need to be patient, hmm?

There’s other news to be reporting on too … we’re now officially a fishyman widow.

Well, no not really cuz fishyman is alive and kicking, but something real close to that.

We woke him up at 3:30 am. He had set the alarm for 3:45 am, but I didn’t know that … could have figured though. It gave us those extra few moments to curl in with him and then give him a quick massage. Pshwoo!

He took his shower and then had some coffee and soon after 4 am was heading out the door to pick up Ron for their trip to Louisiana. Maybe you noticed the temperature gauge to the right … it says right now that it’s 9:10 am and already 51 degrees F in Shreveport, LA. WooHOO!!! That will be a relief for him … here in Chicago it snowed on his new boat. That was terrible!

Fortunately, he got it packed yesterday. He was at it for a couple of hours and had started before we got home. It was too cold to sit out there with him, so we came in and watched him through the window. We were very patient and thought a lot of him for handling all that he does and knowing as much too. He was especially packing the new stuff he had had to buy from the boat and then pack the lures and other gear he needed specially for fishing. It was nice to see him up on the boat …

I was so proud of him for having pulled together this dream. He done good!

After he came in … he warmed up, but arrangements had been made to meet Bob for dinner. That was very nice. We stopped at the bank to deposit my check on the way and afterward we stopped for gas – thank GOODNESS! But, other word the big news was just having dinner with Bob and Sweetie.

As you can imagine most of the conversation was on fishing. I can’t believe all that these two remember about all there fishing trips like who did what, what incidents came up how big the fish were and those kinds of things. Wow! These memories stay very near and dear to them I guess!

I enjoyed myself, but toward the end I was feeling tired and wondering even with coffee how I was going to stay up until someone special made love to me. Hmm.

Maybe that was the trick … couldn’t stay up. I fell asleep after he’d checked everything on his list and was packing up the rods and reels. Word is that he stayed up even past that and made me dinners a week in advance. This guy melts my heart.

He had also gotten me a card, with a basket including a little stuffed tiger and a couple candies AND a dozen roses! He had gotten wine too, but we’d only had a sip of it. This morning when we got up about 2:30 am (before falling back to bed) we checked the frige and found on top of all the dishes he’d cooked there was another little chocolate heart and when we went to get our coffee cup there was a heart laying under it … we lifted up another cup … and there was a heart under ALL of them! Hmm, just went into the kitchen to lift a few more cups … Yup Yup … everyone of the coffee cups. AND, we checked around a smidge more and found some on top of our V8 juice and protein drink we have for lunch.

Now isn’t this just the fuzziest bunny thing you ever seen? We snuck one of the chocolates into his pocket so maybe he reaches in there for something today or later in the week and he can remember us with a smile too.

We were overdrawn at the bank, had only $3 and was on empty with the car … so we carried out a romancingrich like effort of not spending any more … I felt bad though … we kept looking around and giving him favors and saying THIS is your Valentines gift. But there wasn’t any real stuff like you could hold. I think my biggest gift to him besides not spending any more for the computer than we had and promising the gym was to let him go last night and this morning without adding any guilt to his trip … we wanted him to have a good time conscious free.

I sure do love our bunny friend!

I’m going to try hard remembering what a good time he is having so later when I’m a little more tired of being by myself I don’t feel so sorry for myself that it spills over on him. This is a very big week for him. He’s going to get back I think late on Saturday next week. PLUS, we might be getting at least one call from him each night. That should tide us over, right? Yup, yup … a lot of writing to do in the meantime – I sure hope that we get the tablet before the end of the week though that really make our week. Plus … I think there is a good chance that we’d be going out with fishyman the weekend after he gets back. I don’t know how long his money is going to hold out, but I know he’s been saving his nickels. Good RICH!

Hmm, we’re umm doing a little something toward our fishyface too. Somewhere during the last moment packing this morning … we came across that he had an extra vest that he wasn’t bringing. He brought the dark one and left a light tan colored on here, so being us and as romantically horse sick as we are, we put on the vest and figured as long as we were home we’d wear it to let us feel closer to Rich. We’re still looking straight across his little guy with the cap and vest that he’d gotten for Christmas. This is of that same mushy thread. It feels very comfortable on my body. Maybe were going to wear in AND out of the house. I love it!

We had had a good night with Bob and Rich and there was one funny thing … as they were saying good-bye to each other Bob said that he would make sure we were ok.

Hehehe I don’t know if that means he’s going to contact me, but it would be fun. I asked Rich since he said that was fine if it was ok then that we invited Bob over.

He was in such a good mood he said do whatever you want. SOOO!!! If Bob does call to check on me, we’ll try inviting him over for coffee. It might take fishyman being out of the house to start up something more regular. I would love it if Bob could drop by anytime and that we’d pick up our clothes so that it be ok.

I think Bob would be very happy over here … especially when fishyman gets back.

Hmm, have to keep fudgsicle wrappers thrown away too. Well, yeah and maybe take off our silky pajamas. YEEKS! Better not do ANYTHING to lose Rich’s trust of us. I like Bob, but I LOVVVVVVE our FISHYMAN!

So … that about catches you up – we did talk to Dr. Marvin on Thursday, but just general run of the mill stuff. We talked plenty about the computer that was a hot topic. We also talked about having a sister again and Rich being gone and about the state inspection and Holly and such. It was a nice visit, but we DIDN’T cancel early to let him go before time was out! Sheese! What had happened there?

Ok, maybe we’re not too focused to talk about Dr. Marvin much … we sent him a note yesterday about the computer and we found an automail suggesting that he’s out of town for a long weekend. AHA! We’re imagining something romantic – maybe he and his partner got away? Hmm…

Stuff’s happened at work too, but it seems too late in the day to go far into that.

Basically, we had the State inspection and I think you already heard of that so we won’t repeat. We didn’t end up getting the trainer in yesterday. Sister cancelled her because she was having trouble with her eyes. Plus there were other things going on like picking up the checks and the Valentines party. We did end up having Thinking Group too, but not too much. We found stuff on loving yourself in one of the chicken soup books one of my clients returned, so we read a couple of poems and we talked to the group about their personal preferences on many areas. It lasted pretty much of the session, but we stopped 5 minutes short rather than wearing out their tolerance level.

They had had the Valentine’s party so that kinda wore them out. I never went to check on it. Holly was hosting it and we didn’t want any conflicts. The other two groups choir/signing and Leadership CIRCLES were canceled due to some of these other activities. That kind of made it a pleasant day in that we had time to get things done.

The first part was working through what was going on with the computer purchase, but the majority of it was straightening out what was happening with February’s Qnotes.

We had made a really nice copy the day before of a new form for the 2009s and so most of our time went to either gathering goal data sheets from the trainers and the calculating of the numbers while we still had the files in front of us. We made sure to bring home our flash drive. Hmm, I can then show you the form … hold on.

Well, maybe it isn’t THAT great, but it is sorta GREAT! I like the building of St. Rose … it’s what it looks like – better seen if you click on it … and then there are clouds on that picture and in the Q statement and in the cartoon picture and then I thought the mountains and the graphs sort of reflected one another and of course the tree to the tree … that’s what led me to this picture in the first place. I like the little blue bird of happiness too!



So, anyway … that’s going to be the new format for at least one year. We’re going to try working on the entry part at home this weekend. One because it be really good to get out of the way, but again because Rich won’t be here so there will be extra time, and then too because we have Monday off. Since I won’t have my new computer by then … if EVER … ahem … well, we’ll have some time. Not that we want to give all of it away either!

Sure wish I’d hear something on the new computer?

Nothing there … we then tried to get a hold of our mother. We figured we owed her a call, but neither she nor John answered the phone. They must be out. It’s about 10:30 am … good time to be out for the morning. Maybe I could give CS a call to see how she’s doing? Oh man … Rich is gone just for 6 hours and I’m already lonely?

YEEKS! Let’s just think we’re being more efficient!

We’ll have to try setting up a few things to be doing beside work … right this instance it feels like something we’d be dreading. I think we need to work it out so that we get to the gym. Maybe it would be good there to have a plan like maybe getting in the shower soon? I think most of the snow is going to melt outside so it shouldn’t be hard brushing it off the car. It’s been a while since we’ve been on our own … we’ll have to get into our own groove. I think this would be a good week to get back into the editing. And then maybe we could after getting the computer turn it into something we do in front of the TV watching CNN curled up on the couch under a blanket with kitties wrapped around us? Hmm?!

We might want to do some picking up around here too in case Bob really does want to come over. We’re thinking of offering him a game or two of cribbage just to give him something to do. Rich says he doesn’t like to be sitting around doing nothing.

AHA! BOB COULD COME to the gym with me! Hehehe. Man wouldn’t he just love that!

Might start something new!

Maybe I should make a plan to get that done sooner than later? I don’t know … maybe around the familiar 2 pm time. I’d still like the morning to get into something here at the keyboard. I’d like to be free thinking of something or another.

Something BESIDE going to get our computer.

Hmm, something happened the other day … I’m not sure if we told you, but we had said something to Rosa on the way through her office about Rich losing his head if not attached. We had said it because we were grumbly about needing to retrieve and copy something he’d left in the workshop. Somehow I remember Rosa getting up and I could tell something was going to happen, but I wasn’t sure. She seemed to be checking the doors, but it was rather blurred. She made a statement about being here now for almost 8 ½ years. I though Wow … has time flown by … I almost remember her as being one of the new ones. But, I guess that wasn’t her point.

The point was she was asking me whether Rich and I were a couple. I think we got a pretty silly ass grin on our face … after that it went sorta like … awe c’mon Rosa if we told you that then we’d have to kill ya! I think it took her a moment to realize she wasn’t going to get any information, because she mumbled something about not blaming her for trying. I didn’t tell her she’d shot me into a feeling of panick like there’s no beginning and ending. YEEKS! First Karla and now Rosa.

Rich’s thing seems to be that they are connected and talking and if that were to be the case then it would be questionable who else was talking … it would have to mean Imelda for sure and probably Theresa and Maria. That’s the way the circle usually turns. I could imagine then either Karla or Rosa telling Sister.

At first when we’d told Rich over the phone he thought we’d been questioned by sister. He was way too over the edge to respond to all that, but then we came back to it later and that part was corrected. He said in that case the answer I’d given Rosa was appropriate. He said that I wasn’t to give her any information, because she was just fishing. Speculating I guess.

I don’t know what to think of all that. I think that both Rich and us have been around so long and the relationships held at bay that it would be a good gossip point for a little bit, but then it would be like eh … so what? I’m not sure of the thoughts sister would go through though … there is always the worst case scenario and she decide due to conflicts of interest to let one or both of us go. That’s really helped to motivate the secrecy. I think she’d have to get over the fact that Rich is nearly divorced … then she’d have to handle the part where we were living together and all that might entail. Because we told Karla that Rich was getting divorced, we don’t know if she hasn’t said something like that to Rosa or any of the others.

I’d like to think that Karla and I are tight, but then I know she told Sr. Theresa something that Theresa had said to her that had happened wrongly on Theresa’s part.

Maybe that was the kind of information she would think too big to hold in. I’m not sure. She seems trustworthy, but it’s a lot of knowledge to be holding for anyone - especially, because beside Margarita no one knows. I could imagine that if anyone confronted Margarita thinking she might know something she’d give a silly ass smile too.

I asked Rich what happened something else came of it this week. He said not to acknowledge anything, but that nothing would happen again they were just fishing.

And, we said, but what happened it were sister Theresa that had asked us. He stated that she wouldn’t, but if she did it wouldn’t be any of her business. I don’t know. I’ve kept things from Sr. Theresa, but I don’t think we’ve actually told her a lie … which means if she asked us a direct question … could we answer falsely. I don’t know … in this kind of relationship there are obvious lies told in not saying truths. But, I’m not sure to which extent people have a right to know something that doesn’t immediately concern them. Rich and us have been together for 15 years. However we act around people together … well they already know how that would happen because we have acted as we have for so many years.

Sometimes Rich will pull up in our office to talk a few moments between things, but pretty much we both focus on our own work. That seems to serve everyone’s purpose.

AND, there’s never been any funny business so much as a smooch or other indecency.

There would be a question as to the clients finding out and what would they think.

I think personally they would go oooooohhhhhhh. But, afterward they’d just be happy because SOMEONE was in love. But, I don’t know how their parents would take it … it will be less risky after Rich’s divorce is final, but in the meantime and thereafter … it still remains a hot-button issue – better left alone.

Just that it seems our private time may be coming to a close. It will be ok, right? Just gotta stay Ann. Thinking of Karla’s comment on that we make such a cute couple. Then I think of Rosa … she probably thinks about the same thing Hehehe except she might think eh … a couple of old dudes. Hehehe … ok, you that’s enough imagination - just be still about it, k?

Ahh … Shreveport is already 57 degrees and clear for 11 am. Good good … nice fishy weather.

I would have to wonder next about Bob … I think the main thing would be how or when we’d tell him about the multiplicity. He had said something before we parted last night about Marcia sending on her best. I thought that was a nice thing to do. I’m sure if given a choice she’d liked to have gone out with us. But, the event was much too impromptu and informal. She was appreciative of having her gloves back. I told him I felt sorry for not having seen that sooner, but they had blended in with the black seat. I think it was just a placeholder for a conversation.

There’s really two parts as to Bob’s secrecy goes. IF in FACT … Rich has actually taken off the having Bob over boundaries then we might wonder not only does he get to know we’re a multiple and do we get to show him the blog. I know that if anyone were to know about Rich on a more personal level it would be Bob, but I’m not sure that Rich would be ready to let that caveat go. I can just hear him saying now. I wish you wouldn’t have done that. And, then he’ll worry and fret. We don’t want to put him through it. I’m not sure why we want so much in particular Bob to know this other part of Rich and our relationship, just see it being a very good friendship all around. I think it make everyone feel better to have a more solid supportive set of relationships.

I think part of it was because of the relationship of Bob and Rich to their first wives, they just didn’t do a whole lot with the women. Maybe they did in their younger day, but then there was the divorces and or other separations. So, Rich has been used to the relationship of having his guy and girlfriend relationships separate. Maybe in this way he feels more control? I think that’s important in that … Bob as a friend to us would be an extra bonus or us to him, but to Rich … we’re both EVERYthing. I wouldn’t want to mess that up. Just seems like it be more natural to be friends all around. I don’t understand the part of keeping friendships to the side.

I think my ex had stronger relationships with his friends in that after we split they went back to being just his friends, but while they were around, we were very much included. I think even a step past that is the feelings I remember from growing up in MN. There it was very definite that people visited each other’s houses and families and got to know each others’ kids and such. BUT, especially the couples did stuff together. Usually the women got to be better friends with the women and the men got to be better friends with the men, BUT they all socialized together. That’s my norm.

I’d just have to be very sure of not saying anything that would invade Rich’s privacy, but that is probably going to be my downfall. We’re usually pretty open.

It comes from all those long talkative years with psychiatrists. I think that Bob enjoys conversations … he seems to hold up a good end of one. We feel ourselves shy around him … we have to study hard to meet his eyes in conversation and we’re much more prone to looking over and watching Rich for long periods of time for social confidence building. *Sigh* I suppose more to come on that score.

Ok, let’s get down to some business. Why don’t we grab that shower we talked about and then get dressed so when we are ready we can head out the door. That be a good idea, right?

AHA! Good Ann! We did a few minutes of picking up and took our shower and got dressed. About time too. It’s almost noon. Pshwoo!

I think I remember the part the most of being alone … there wasn’t any reason to talk. That’s why it’s going to be good to go to the gym. Not that we’d talk to anyone, but we’d at least be around people. Maybe in a while. I will enjoy trying out the Podrunner while walking. Hehehe … it really would be cool to get Bob to go to the gym. That be like inspirational. It probably be good for him too, but be hard on his lungs after smoking so much cigar. Eh, he’s tough. Better not push that though … most likely he’d say the same thing like Rich that he doesn’t have enough time, plus there is the extra cost. I know he has to save up his nickels for fishy season. Just saying it WOULD be good for him AND Rich!

Oh yeah … and good for me too. Better get back into thoughts of taking care of our business. I’d like to go before having anything else to eat … we’ve been doing a little grazing on the morning. That’s probably not so good - too many chocolate hearts. Maybe we could work it out to be at the swimming pool tomorrow, hmm? That be good? Ok, let’s not go scaring ourselves.

Ok, better be going forward … do we have anything important to think of except getting ready to be doing some editing? Like to thing that’s not something we do in prime computer time. We’re trying to put our concerns about meeting up with Bob aside. Chances are we won’t even connect. Better get back to thinking about it is just me and me … ok, and us and us. There’s nothing I have to think of with family, right? I’d like to talk to Thom this weekend that be nice before he graduates and maybe he might know where he’s going?

Let’s see Maury news? Umm, just know that he’s not working as much overtime as he had been. And, I think Joe is busy with karate, computer games and his girl - probably not much there all around. Maybe we should check Facebook to see what’s happening there.

Hmm, not much there either … we gave Maury a heart … it cost $1, but shoot we had just a few left over from the computer.

AHA! Someone has been on the phone. First my mother called and then we left a message with Thom and then we called my sister. My mother talked for a while, but didn’t ask very many questions. It’s still pretty much a one way conversation. CS is different we can talk back and forth and the things she talks about seem more real and interesting … like things happening with her family or my family … where my mother talks about things they do with strangers from the town. I could see with the light contact they have from family how they might have reached out to others especially the way small northern MN towns go. Just I’m not as interested than if I knew and cared about someone.

CS might call again later after she takes care of another call. Oh, yeah and then there is that thing about going to the gym. We’ve been watching the time. It’s 1:35 pm. It’s getting closer and closer to 2 pm. If CS DOESN’T call back I could end up AT the gym YEEKS! I’m thinking if I tell her she’s going to think I should be going too. Hmm…

Maybe I should be setting things up … if CS doesn’t call back by 2-2:30 pm, I should be going to the gym anyway. I think it’s open until about 7:00 pm. Then when I get home … well I’ll post first and then we’ll hmm. I’d like to turn on the TV. I think. Maybe? Should do something to mark that the day is progressing, right? I have in mind that editing project … we’re sorta out of the loop with it. I wonder what it would take to do it from the laptop on the couch. Let’s take a look at that.

Ok … we’re pretty much figured that out. It seems we’ve got the first chapter put in format form, but I don’t know how much of it has been edited. The chapter/book goes up to page 42. I suppose then we’d have to start from the beginning and work ourselves forward. Be a good idea at least. I would like to do it from the couch, but I don’t think the Word processor is real trustworthy on the laptop. I’d been using the notepad because it was more reliable. You only have to lose a couple documents before you say … no more! So I guess we’ll have to edit from the big computer from the not as comfortable chair with back to the TV.

I guess this is not so bad then … being at the computer. I just have to deal with being a computer-type spinster. I just did a light brushing of the material – 44 pages and there were only a few red or green squiggly lines to correct. I think I still have to read it through for content, and then we’ll continue from there.

That’s what I seem to remember before – there was the getting it into content form, then taking out the squiggles and then going back to see if it sounded all right … that should get me back into things, and in all reality it looks like we did two chapter so we’ve got that going for us.

Remember when we were going to have 5 books done by the end of the year - hmm? Are we sliding? Maybe we better post for the morning, use the washroom and head on out for the day. Its 2 pm, so I don’t think CS is calling back right away. She probably got taken in by one task or another. She was trying to finish some Valentines work for Nathan. So, I guess this is it for a bit. See you soon – and sorry that our thoughts aren’t too profound. We are making it through day 1 … I figure by now … fishyman is about 2/3rds of the way there. He’s been driving for a bit and we’re imagining his bum’s a little tired. Hopefully, he’s been sharing the driving and got to nap a bit. He’ll be so happy to get out on that boat! Good luck and Happy Valentine again Chief FISHYMAN!