Visit www.MarineParents.com, a Place to Connect & Share (tm)

Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Short Work Note

Good morning. This is me. We're up front with Group 1. It is quiet so far, but that's because our talkative client is out in the hall. She's talking to one of her friends doing the doors. I could go out and tell her to come in, but I like it that it's quieter here and I know that she'll make a big thing about Sr. telling her to stay out and dry her feet. She's like that. Sometimes it is nicer just not to deal with all that - especially if there's nothing happening that would be problematic. I can hear her through the door. She's not stopped talking. Yeeks!

Otherwise the room is quiet. There are 7 clients in the room and they are working on puzzles or magazines. Two of the girls are transferring a completed 100 piece puzzle so we helped them. It wasn't a perfect deal, but it was close.

We're feeling a little drowzy this morning. We were up until about 10:30-11:00 pm last night watching Obama go from one ball to another. I think we saw six of them all told. We heard that he was up until 2:30 am going to each one of the 10. Pswhoo ... that was a lot of work. He's going to be tired this morning. I hope he doesn't make any bad decisions.

We were so excited that he was the President officially and I know that most the country is the same. He's such an honorable person that we're very glad to be a part of his country and volunteer work force. Good Obama!

Today is going to be a day where we get back to the grindstone. I didn't run into Sr. this morning and when I got up front to check on batteries, she was already gone. Someone must have told her we were in the building. I was hoping she'd be here for the morning and I could stay in back working, but no such luch. Drat!

We've still got 20 minutes. We stopped to talk to some of the clients for a few moments. It's pretty relaxed here. They said they watched Obama yesterday. I'm thinking that Sr. probably had it on during lunch time. It would have been about that time that everything was happening.

Sr. asked on a note in my box about handing in everything I was done with for CARF ... We haven't progressed it though because we are still working on the other stuff between annuals and Qnotes. I didn't get a chance to work on them when we were home over the 4 days. We did have a chance, but didn't take it. We were too busy. I'm afraid not having had the one medicine didn't help either. We seemed to be getting stuck where we couldn't do much different. Rich had called and tried to get us to go out and eat, but we weren't buying it. So he decided to bring home Chinese. That was ok, but at 7 pm when he got in we weren't really in much a space we wanted to be eating. *Sigh*

I think things were pretty so-so as to what happened ... we dozed for a few moments in-between things, but other than that maintained our focus. It took a couple of different efforts to get all the pictures up on the blog though ... Pshwoo! I didn't realize we'd taken so many.

I would like to in the next 3 days finish the Qnotes, plus do some more. We have to prepare for the groups this week. I think it's going to be very similar to what we'd been doing last week. We just have the 4 clients left and a few stragglers, so theoretically we could do it in two days, but there will be interruptions and meetings. *Sigh*

Ahh, we’re now back in the office and I’m not going to take more than a few moments. I am going to want to get down to work. It’s almost 9 am. We just finished checking the mail. We’ve got Enya on in the background. And, we’re still fighting off the grogginess. Shoot, how did that all happen? Ok, ok … let’s not do that.

Sister noted my new shirt … it’s one of the shirts that Rich got for us. It’s a black and white pattern. It’s a little eye catching for me, but it’s still a very nice shirt. It’s comfortable to wear. What are we going to do to wake up? Hmm?

Hmm, it’s pretty quiet over there. CNN is over at Washington National Cathedral where they are having a national day of prayer. The service is just beginning so the sound is very low and you only know its happening when people move a tiny bit. It’s a long range view. I really don’t know how Barack is going to not sleep through it … WOW! Did you hear he was up at 2:30 in the morning? And, you know they are going to wake you up first thing for those morning briefings.

Ok, this wouldn’t help if we over-invested in this stuff. Not this morning. Why don’t we get out those Qnotes and jump into them? Well, maybe one thing first. Are we capable of putting together a few thoughts for the CIRCLES program? Maybe we should get that done first, Hmm?