Visit www.MarineParents.com, a Place to Connect & Share (tm)

Monday, January 19, 2009

Lot's of ideas to grapple

Ok, we’re back now. It’s about 10:30 am and we’ve gotten ourselves some more coffee. We’re going to be taking a look at some of the charts and such that we copied out the entry before. For the sake of argument, we just took pictures of four of the charts. There were quite a few more made in the process of getting us this far.

The first picture is a copy before we mix the data by months of the general data chart. What you are seeing is part of January and February. As to columns the actual spreadsheet goes all the way through to December. By rows, there are about 120 words for each tag cloud. The words that you are seeing here are representatives of the tag clouds for each of those months mined from data for each of the blogs for those so-named entries.

If you were to look across at the columns … here is what you might expect. The first column is the month that data occurred. The second column is the words and the number of times those words appeared during that month, so you know that in January of 2008, the word “think” was mentioned 457 times.

I kept the 457 or other representative numbers attached to the label and in its own column under “usage.” There was some housekeeping involved with the first and the second was for a matter of number manipulation. As you can see in these columns the usage column was set to sort by the largest number to the smallest. So, you know that “think” was the most highly used word in the month of January AND February.

The next column is “% of col” which means that I took the usage number and divided it by the total in that column … this first set of numbers for January was divided by 8,881 words. This is the total of the approximately 120 words by the number of times they were each used. I set the parameters for 120, but sometimes there were a few less words, because the letters after apostrophes couldn’t be used but showed as words so that “’ll” might have ended the word “we’ll”, but I wasn’t able to use it because it also might have been for another “she’ll.” It was close enough in that there were just a few words short of 120.

There’s no science as to using the number 120 for the parameters of this exercise.

I started using 50 words and went all the way across from January, 2008 to December 2008, but I found that it wasn’t catching some of the specific words used during the month, like for November the word “house” was used frequently and that was most likely to do with us looking at that time for the new house. That is what we were writing about the most given amount of times the word “house” was used. See that’s the whole gist of the project.

457/8,881 comes out to the first number % of col which was 0.051458.

As is the case for ALL of this material, I only did the math once – or more in the experimental stage, and then after I got something I liked, I just copied the formula and the Excel spread sheet makes it relevant for the next and next column and row. It’s what makes a project like this doable. It’s very accurate, and easily manipulated like we can change where a column is going to be a number or a percentage and we can decide how many numbers to the right of the decimal place we’ll be rounding things to.

I used the “% of col” because I figured that would help weight the word in the total for that month. For example using 457 for the first word would have blown away the data in May where there were just a few entries made and the total was in the 500’s instead of 8000’s. The month with the most amount of words was in December – 11,060. This might have been in large part, because we had so much time off during that period to be writing, but obviously there was a lot of repeat in the words.

The 5th column was “% of whl” meaning percentage of the whole. This number came from that same usage number of for example 457 divided by the entire number of words used for the year. This number turned out to be 81,280. In this column every single word used – 120 words times 12 months was divided by the same number to give the chart numbers a sense of being somewhat uniform. This was important because of something Rich said about comparing Apples to Apples. This number became a part of the formula I used in a total number.

The next column was “Usage*Cl.” This number was a multiplication of the usage number times the % of column. And, then in the final “D*E” column we multiplied “% of whl” times “usage*Cl.” I can’t say this is all normal or that I can understand the formula any more than a couple of seconds at a time. I found that in general if you manipulate the data in the same way and if all the numbers are incorporated in the whole, that I get a number that I’m satisfied with.

The total “D*E” includes the multiplication or dividing of all four columns that went before it. Hehehe I can hear both Rich and the boys – especially Thom saying that this is number “funny business.” I can’t say it might be more or less of that, but in the end it serves my purpose and puts the numbers in proportion including everything and the kitchen sink. The “D*E” column which is actually the multiplication of columns E and F is the final number I used to sort everything.

The columns are a bit different because I added the months in the first column of each month’s set so I could keep it as part of the label and then later to be useful when I was doing the charting by months.

The largest number in this spreadsheet used to sort largest to smallest was .182464 in December when we used the word “think” 525 times during the month and in that short month of May when we mined only 3 words for the number 5.61123E-07. It took us a bit of time to say that this number with a funny E in it was ok. We finally figured it meant 7 decimal points to the left of the 5.61123 number. It was pretty tiny. But I was comfortable with that because the number seems to be manipulated as well as any other number much larger.

So, this is pretty much the first chart. It is what is considered the largest data bank I am going to be working with for the year 2008. Naturally that would mean I’d have to do one also for 2003-2004, 2005, 2006, and 2007. I’m not sure how this is going to work out in the long run. It is something that I’m doing for myself to understand better – analyze my time over many months. So far we have written for the last 66 months. Pretty good, hmm? Sometime in the next month or so, we’re going to hit our 1000th post from the current blog we are using. There are now about 600 some entries from the first multiple blog over on AOL, but this number in itself is pretty major.

I would have preferred to understand the data more by a bar chart … which is coming up in a bit, but it turned out we needed to use a pie chart because we had to go by percentage of months for the year instead because some of the numbers were so far below zero and we found that no numbers below zero could be charted. But, I’m getting beyond myself. Why don’t we first then go to the second chart. This is a much easier chart to understand if you’ve caught the basis for the first chart. I should say though that the new number to sort these words came from the fraction of the “D*E” column or by the multiplication of E and F.

The second chart is the one with the three columns being turned yellow. Basically this is the same as the first chart, but we put all the months’ one under column with the last number being the D*E so we could sort the whole together rather than just month. Some of the columns were switched around – because we CAN do this, and because it helped with cutting and pasting in the next chart, but otherwise there is nothing new in the general structure.

It allowed because of our “D*E” column for the numbers to be compared Dec to Nov, to Oct to Nov, etc. The part where the numbers are in color just means that on 3 set of words at a time “label, month, and D*E” would be copied and pasted in a new order on the next chart. If it’s in yellow it means that that set of numbers had been used already. It was my fail safe to make sure that all words were taken into account. I think when you add up all these pages, there are about 30 pages. This might be formidable, but we’ve still got a few days and a keen interest in the project.

I can’t tell you how much time has gone into the project already, we have pretty much worked morning to night for the last 2 days in getting this far. Yes, Rich is calling us obsessive too. His point is it will never matter that the numbers as specific as they are will mean anything at all over the big picture. Our point is that we can’t tell that yet. I know the Kelsie and Jamie parts of us get into numbers and we’ve used these abilities and interests over long periods of time and it DOES help us to make sense of things. It’s especially true in a weighted prioritizing of words that goes into showing us new vistas. I can’t tell over the whole why these things are important. I remember doing my first set with a 32 page analysis of the word, “Subtle” and again in our making of the 18,000 question sentences of the I Ching book in 1987. There have been many instances since – like in the performance analysis at work, and in the month to month Qnotes. For the time being let’s just consider that this is fairly normal at least for us, though I can’t imagine to many human beings are spending their time in this manner. Hey, look at the satisfaction and insight that they are missing, hmm?

The next chart – 3 of 4 has a title of being “120 Word Bank – Excel 2008.” This is the most colorful of charts and also done on an Excel spreadsheet. It is the one with all the pie graphs mentioned before. What we did with this chart was to take those 3 word sets and one by one we copy and pasted them over by going through the top of the list to the bottom from the chart below looking for the same words – obviously there are 12 months – so 12 sets of words are found or fewer as we work our way down the list.

This would have been impossible if it were not for another sneaky phenomenon of the Microsoft program called their “Find and Replace.” We’ll show you a little picture of that now. I had forgotten to do it on the previous entry.



I didn’t use the replace feature, but by adding single words – like in this example the word “think” it will go and search it out for us. You can see the labels to the bottom right but what you can’t see is that each of those values is a live link within the regular chart. So all I have to do is press “think-457” and it will take me specifically to that part of the page, which is essential because the chart is way too big to be sorting through. There are about 1400 rows (words) in the chart.

I couldn’t tell you the percentage I’ve gone through already, but I’m afraid it’s just a fraction. I’ve only collected data on 21 words. If there was only one set of words for each month there would be 120 words, but only some of them are the same … many more that are different which the whole point of the exercise was. We’re looking here for objectivity. We want to be collecting information on the kinds and categories of information we have been talking about each month. I don’t know in the total picture of things how it’s going to be used, it’s just that we have feelings that we have to start one thing to lead to the other and hopefully it will all lead to better understanding and insight. This is important not to forget.

As well, there is something very satisfying to the way our brain works in doing the work. It does get tiring, but new thoughts come to us soooo often it is like being on a sugar high.

You can see how the words are being added up and if you look to the way right of each word group, you can see the total number – to help in ranking the words which is the addition of column C which is the old “D*E”.

After the list for each word is gathered, then I just have to outline the date and D*E column and point to a couple of chart functions and then you get the result of the pie graphs you are seeing.



Hmm, little break here … we just had someone call us. We had written before somewhere on the Internet as being interested in a home business. We’ve gotten 4-5 calls already and I listen to each one picking up details. This one was the best I’ve heard so far. It is a combination of selling items on eBay and creating a web presence. Basically they have like 2 million items that they sell at a wholesale price from on-line warehouses. They say there are 2 million some items and he named off some of the big companies like Apple, Dell, and such. I think he said like there were 6 million people shopping on eBay, but this number might not be correct.

The company – I didn’t catch their name – gets paid from our membership and that of others. The cost is $200 to start and then a monthly fee of $69. You make the money from listing your items on-line at eBay or your site to sell after having been given descriptions and pictures to paste. He was saying it takes like 5 – 10 minutes post per picture and at 10 hours of work, that would be 100 items and then he was saying usually there is a 32% sales number – people who shop that buy and even at 25% you would make like … well he elevated it anywhere for $500-1000 to $4000 a month. That’s just sales talk though. I’m not like into a lot of that, but the whole principle has me a little excited. I like the idea of this one.

I liked mostly the part where you are connected to Amazon. You are supposed to get the best resale price and then you determine your percentage of gain in both items and shipping costs … the items ship from the manufacturer. He gave me a user name of Aynetal3 and then password of our zip code. His name was John Richardson and his number was 858-677-9375 and cell of 858-568-0133 … I’ll erase these numbers later, just taking notes now. He said there is no contract, and you can stop at any time.

As to the website … I guess there’s a mix between pre-set and custom.

http://www.thegolfaholic.com/pages/friends.php

He also showed me a website to look at … it looked fairly straight forward and simple. More work would have to be done on that. It would take a commitment of time, but is interesting to me. I have the feeling the wholesale costs are about 10-15% off the item. We’d really have to check it out. I think one of the things is a connection to Google so maybe there it’s just putting links to their businesses and there’s a small profit. Lot’s to check into. I will need to talk to Rich and my son Maury. Rich has the common sense parts, and Maury has the common sense plus knowledge of eBay. I’m thinking now of my uncles who makes millions. He sells on eBay, but sells things like stamps, coins and gambling machines, I think. Don’t want to go too far in that direction, but I will say that it’s known you can make money … just you have to be dedicated to it. I should ask him if you can have more than one website and if there is any other cost to be setting all that up.

I did like this guy better than any I’ve talked to. He was a straight-shooter and competent of knowing everything about the business. He’s working out of San Diego and he works directly from the company. He says they have about 120 employees. He says he’s now working in a new division since about May … they have 700 members … I would be a member. That’s about $140,000 in start-up and about $579,600 in monthly charges. I can see how they are making money. He says there are many more, but I don’t remember the number for the people making websites. That part of their business is about 5 years old. I wish I would have gotten the name of his company.

I’d really need Rich’s thumbs up on this one … we’ll have to talk to him later today. I’m just obsessive enough that I think I could set something up well. I would have to think over the kinds of business I would like to set up. Like the example below was about golf stuff. It wasn’t so sophisticated, I wouldn’t have chosen it in exchange for the pro one, but if the web sites weren’t too undeveloped maybe you can set up a good comparative type of business. The guy is going to call back tomorrow. I don’t know what kind of product line I’d be offering. We’ll have to think of it some, but right now I want to get back to our thoughts of the other stuff.

Hmm, we’ll have to think about it. Ok, shhh … let’s get back into the other thoughts, hmm? We’ve lowered our screens to look at the others and we have to set all that up again.

Hmm, we’re just thinking of Libby and her asking whether we’d gotten a new job yet. I’m not ready to give up my day job, but wouldn’t it be nice to have something else to look forward to. Grr. Ok, ok just saying.

Looking again at that last picture, hmm? Hmm, what could you get for multiples? Is there such a thing as a multiples store? We could sell books, hmm? What other products might be included. Thinking now a bit of a toy store for one. Maybe stuff to help organize life and things about writing. It’s a thought, hmm?



Ok, now back to the graph … this is the one for the word “going.” I like the format the best in that it separated out the last few little ones, but displayed well enough the major months where the words was most prevalent. I hope that later on I will be able to get more out of what is happening in each month, but for now it is just for “show” in that the visual breaks up what we are doing and offers a clear-Birdseye view … I should be able to get just as much from the decimal numbers, but fact is is that this puts things in perspective.

The next part of the graph is the definitions to the right side. I found this really critical the first day when I was setting things up. I have one longer form where there are more of the definitions for the word



But on the 3rd graph, we have broken out the simplest definition that can be had for one or so lines. I progressed the idea from both these others to come down to the 4th graph. This is the one with the gray, black and rose colors that adds the word, the simple definition, the number of D*E number and the larger months of usage 5% or more.

This has to be a bottom line version. The only difference in this particular document, I grouped the words by type of word – otherwise it is in quantity order.

This means the interjection was used first, but primarily there were versions of verbs followed by versions of nouns. I’m never real sure of the fine line here, but it seemed that adverbs should come before transitive and intransitive verbs, which would be followed by regular verbs, and then adjectives would be followed by pronouns and regular nouns.

This seems to cover several interpretive needs. In our way of being … we’ve always appreciated studying words. I liked the part where things could be viewed in a way that made more sense. So like … the words

“really, maybe, pretty” … used in the contexts of our normal speech are actually…

Really – in actual fact

Maybe – possibly but not sure

Pretty – in some degree

This is extremely fascinating in that I never think too much of our speech when we are saying it, but it thrills me to death that I’ve been talking about truths or other that may be fact, a fact to some degree, or might be a fact, but we’re not too sure. I don’t know if there will be other adverbs that work as well as these three together, but I didn’t even realize how much we were qualifying our thoughts.

In this same respect, I can look at the numbers and say for at least that part of my research – before I’d gathered all the numbers that on a basis of being sure … the actual fact thoughts were like 39.4%, being possible but not sure were like 33.3% and being only partially true to be like 27.2%. It’s nice to know I felt surer of things more often than not, in the middle we were still testing thoughts out as to real or unreal and as an end thought we were at least partially right. Now of course, what all we were thinking about through those qualifications – you might have to read the book. I do think that the next time those words come up I will be thinking of them differently than I had before this experience. I am proud to know how hard I was thinking – the word used more often than any other word was the word, “Think.” I can hear myself writing that “I think this is the way it’s supposed to be.” Maybe I’m not too sure, but that we were giving weighted direction toward.

I also like it when words used often are sometimes more clearly put upon … like the word “getting” to mean gaining possession of through one’s own efforts – I doing this a lot … I say, “I’m getting pretty excited about this.” At this point it would be like saying – we’re putting something into this and I’m getting a better feel for it and am excited by it. That’s just so cool a thought!

Let me try one more … let’s look at the word, “going.” This word means “to move along a course from one point to another point, or station to station. I can hear the context of this as being “I’m going to do such and such.” This means then that we’re lining ourselves up for a little adventure … like when Frodo pulls his map out. Let’s do this, then this, and then that. I can’t say that I always follow through, but it pleases me to think that we’re actually in a process and we DO consider it to be a bit of an adventure – hard pressed I would say it’s good to be alive. I’m glad this word is used as frequently as it is … and looking at the data, I know I used the word “going” 2155 times in 9 months or an average of 240 times a month. That’s a lot of “get moving!”

Maybe it’s an unusual thing to think of intransitive verbs and adjectives to be as much if not more important than proper nouns, but we’re still of an older mind where we used to think more about what is reality and what is truth.

Hehehe … was listening now to the background. Today is Martin Luther King Day and we’ve been hearing it throughout the morning. It’s such a strong important day to the world. Equality, justice, respect … all of these important concepts is here to be explored. I don’t think of MJK to be only a Black phenomenon. I think it to be a world-rocking phenomenon that has huge ramifications on all of us. I like the idea of people breaking barriers. It’s just a monumental concept. It has to do with one of my favorite concepts – that of us as people having tolerance for difference and changes to other ways of being. Pretty profound all told! Works for a much broader audience than just the disabled, but it’s a pretty important concept there too.

Whoops Rich just called … we told him that we wanted to talk to him about an “at-home” business he got fretty about as long as you don’t have to pay for anything.

We get pretty cranky with that kind of thought, because we don’t believe you get anything for nothing. It’s a investment they are asking you to make so they can be in business, costs can be paid for and your due diligence is in order. Who ever heard of a business without having some cost … and I think $200 is reasonable. I would prefer not the monthly expenditure, but at least you get the ongoing support of the place. It’s a payment arrangement. As to the direct profit from selling, that is up to you. All of it is mine and we just have them giving us best case scenarios of what has worked in the past.

I wonder if I could use the boutique name of “Quite Frankly Ann.” It’s a name I’d come up with as a take on Ann Frank the Jewish Holocaust victim. Now when I think of it it would be a perfect name for the new place. Most of our multiple lives we’ve gone under the name of Ayn or Aynetal. I like the sound of the word frank.

Like let’s be frank – or getting quickly to the truth. And quite is a word that would signify more Ann than might be normal.

As to how I think others would pick it up … it would be cute … well a little heavier than general cute, but it would be appropriately eye catching. I really like the sound of opening my own boutique that would sell general items of interest in a collective manner. I could see some real obsessive going into this. I know there is some counter argument in coming up with a name that is more closely aligned to your service, and I’ve never heard of multiples rushing out to their own store … so since there are so few of us, you might have to check out selling abilities to the general populace … what would others think about what we might consider crucial goods.

Hmm, I just thought. Did you know that not only did my father have his own small store, but also that’s one of the things my Great Grandmother and Grandfather did.

They owned a general store and post office in Grafton, North Dakota. Grafton really isn’t anymore, but it’s where I think of the home base coming from. Maybe I’ve got some merchandising in front of me. Just have to think the angels, right?

Well, I guess we’re through with the other stuff and ready to move onto business of this nature? Hmm, sounds like a really fun thing to explore. AND it IS my vacation. Let’s use the washroom and give it a twirl. I’m pretty sure that Google-wise I’m not competing with too many other multiples for a store front. Though if they’d seen mine … multiples are in general smart enough to think … hey I could do that too.

I wonder how that new show on the multiple would work into this. Maybe we’re starting a new era. Maybe others will do research on what it means to shop for multiples in mind. I remember Ned’s business on the Simpson’s show. He had a mall boutique for people who were left-handed. It’s just different enough to be fun.

Hmm, this is interesting … Anne Frank writes a quote stating, “In spite of everything, I still believe that people are truly good at heart.” This is my philosophy exactly … it even takes into account the lack of tolerance that I just spoke of earlier. I wonder if we could use the caption as a motto. I don’t know the pretense in thinking that in spite of everything; “WE” still believe that people are truly good at heart.” We could emphasis moving in that direction. Hmm? It would be interesting to know that how she ended her book would be how we began our business.

Wow! This is getting to be very big. Ann Frank’s been an understated hero of ours for some time. They consider her to be classy and poignant. Just a small portion of the business maybe some good books would be converted to her account. It be really cool to say that any purchases from that section of the store would be given to the Holocaust Museum.

Beside having respect and first name as Miss Frank – and at that spelt differently, we don’t have too much in common with her. I think though that she was a survivor and being a survivor is a big deal in the multiple communities. There is no doubt there would have to be some forms of diary’s in the store … and all that ties into us having the blog. Isn’t it just about the same thing? We aren’t locked behind a wall, but maybe literary-wise … living a life as a multiple is like hiding behind a wall – in that respect I speak to all the façades. It’s all very interesting.

There is a multiples store for artists, but the commission limited edition “multiples” most in three dimensions by contemporary British artists.

The Free Dictionary says that a multiple store is a British chain store. We’re not a chain store yet, but part of us IS Brittish.

There is also a connotation concerning a multiple number like 5, 10, 15, 20, 25 beings multiples of 5. You all know how we feel about numbers Hehehe.

I think there is another connection to multiples as in more than one child being born at a time quite figuratively. You know … twins, triplets, quadruplets, sextuplets and more, but mostly twins. Twenty parts would be like a multiple, hmm?

Hmm, in art multiples are in the great American Pop era of the sixties exhibits of identical originals – it makes sense. It’s kinda funny in a multiple world as in we are all identical originals of Ann.

All the forces seem to be with us … so far no sign of any REAL multiples at least the personality type as having a store just for them, hmm? We’d be a first!

Just reading back now – the blog I’d started before back in August of ’06 with just 2 posts was titled “Diary of Quite Frankly Ann.”

Quite Frankly Ann would seem to be an indication of there actually only being like one of us. Is that too overly complicated?

I also like this thought which is a hodgepodge of labeling I’d done back whenever … it is this … “Truth looking for content.” Basically, what we were thinking was that we’d like to find more substantiveness within ourselves much as we see matched by others and their others. Why don’t we look around … we’d like to think through some categories of items and interests that might be located at a multiples store. We’re trying to think here further than crayons, although that would have to be a staple - anything about writing and that would have to be where it started.

It would be interesting to keep the entire title,

“Diary of Quite Frankly Ann” we would have give away links to blogger so others could freely diary or journal. It’s been so critical to our life. But, when I look at that phrase I see a three-dimensional store of things that are like the pop-outs in the pop-up books. It’s like a stage of looking within to find personal interest. Diary would be more like a locker unlocked. It would mean secret things we keep locked inside … maybe going toward fantasy. Each of us needs to keep and retrieve to a spot that holds our secret hopes, fears and dreams … especially from the perspective of freedom found on the day of Martin Luther King. It’s about having free thoughts and keepsakes of them.

Wow! That’s for sure … would really like to have some laptops for sale.

AHA! We’re back again. It’s about 6:30 pm now and I’m not sure how much longer we’re going to be writing. We’ve been stopped for about an hour or more watching CNN coverage of the inauguration. We got up to get a fudgsicle and now we’re have way between the computer and slouching around on the couch. Hehehe. Ok, well this hasn’t been one of my more productive days. I guess we got somewhere on the computer, but we’re at that part of knowing that we have so much more to do and it’s already the end of our last night before the last day. Yes, my mind works this way.

We did some exploration of the thoughts of us maintaining an on-line store. We were over at Amazon and discovered a new product I was only faintly aware of before. I guess they call them netbooks. I’m sure there are peripheries and such like extended memory, but the gist is that you can get one for about $400. It does the Wi-Fi thing and has about 160 gigabytes. You would think that was enough, but we’re not sure how all that goes. The screen is about 7 ½ by 10” and the keyboard is small, but not too small … It’s about 3 pounds. I’m thinking mostly of being out on the boat with Rich. I don’t want him to risk losing his computer … this one would allow me to be mobile, without such taking such risks.

There are problems though in that I wouldn’t be able to access the Internet in the middle of nowhere, but then at $400 it would be the safer bet in case there was some kind of accident. There’s one more thing too in that the model I was looking at from Amazon states that the battery life is about 5 hours. They advertise for 7 hours, but the general comments from people using it say it’s closer to 4 hours. Of course then there would be the ability to charge it on the boat, because Rich’s boat has a plug in, but in general there is a lot of flexibility in it.

How did I get here? It goes back to us looking at the Amazon site for thoughts as to what I would have on my web site if I were to go into business. I’m not sure how progressive that whole thing is happening, but it was quite a bit of my regular shopping enjoyment to think of supplying an on-line store. I found my self gravitating toward projects that could be done with some ingenuity like with scrapbooking and things that have to do with writing from calligraphy to Crayola light boards. I think that a major aspect of the store would be items that suggest writing and reading.

We still haven’t had a heart to heart with Rich since he’s been home. Oh yeah … it’s about 10 pm now. But, then it might be something that I go into on my own in that we know we don’t need his permission to go into what we’d optimistically want to be doing. I’m a little concerned that the web site might be a little restrictive. The version that I was looking at with the golf site didn’t have very many pictures and it was a lot of mono-script in that the writing for descriptions was going straight across the screen without much change up in its appearance. Like with even this copy on Word for the book in two columns or the abbreviated columns in the AMW blog – there’s some break-up of long lines that makes the material more creative and interesting to read. It gets more tiring reading long lines across … and because the longer lines are less interesting with fewer pictures, it could provide an optical in maintaining quick viewing episodes.

We’ll check that out tomorrow when the guy calls back, we’ll ask for a couple more sites to be looking at. We still have the thing about using a couple hundred dollars of money that probably shouldn’t be spent, but then I would like to think there were options.



Hmm, the page loads a little funny too in that it centers itself peculiarly – doesn’t maintain its shape and you have to widen the window to see the whole thing at first. This is a sign of a lower functioning web site. There did turn out to be quite a bit of links, but it seemed that most of these were just other sites that sell stuff, so maybe you get a profit from linking to others. I recognized some of the other links had similar web design with the same broad picture across the top, but at least with a little more creativity in its presentation.

One way or another … this got me off our direct goals of working on writing/editing and it shuffled our interest from the work on the tag clouds. Shoot, hate it when that happens.

Actually, we think we’re living out the problem of being off medicines. We finally confessed to Rich we were without and without money – we didn’t mention the stuff feeling where we aren’t being so productive or able to leave the house. I’m guessing now this is a bad loss of medicine problem. It’s not huge just noticeable. Plus there’s this part that it’s already 10:30 pm and we are still up writing.

There was a little bit of how to get from where we were to now, but not a whole lot. We had gotten tired and ended up lying down around 5:30 pm to 6:00 pm. We crashed on our chair listening of course and watching CNN. We woke up around 8:30 pm and that’s about when Rich got home. There was some groggy time in between, but we didn’t want to watch West Wing or turn-off our program. We weren’t really up or down just somewhere in-between. Rich watched the TV with us for a little bit, but by 9:30 pm he said he was going to bed and read a little if I wanted to come in and rub his back. At that point we felt conflicted. We missed him and wanted to be able to touch him, but we didn’t want to lose out on our time with Anderson Cooper.

After about 10 minutes though we got up and took our medicine and then snuggled massaged him for a few minutes and got some of our cozy feelings back. We’d previously over-heated ourselves under the blanket and cat … so we felt better just being up. We did a few moments of pillow talk, but then realized when we didn’t hear CNN for a few moments, that we were still pretty much tied into our world here and this is where we wanted to come back to. We’ve been listening to Barack and MJK all day and this is the world we feel most comfortable. It truly was a good idea to take off tomorrow. We would have never concentrated on the day if we’d been at work. We still have to get past our feelings of its hard to go back after being home, but we’ll just have to deal with all the could have should haves tomorrow.

Right now we have to deal with letting go of the day. I feel like I could be here forever.

Hmm, we’d gone back to our blog and were looking at some of the charts. It helps to see them a bit condensed so they don’t overwhelm our mind. I think about when we were doing cognitive psychology and learning how to chunk things – in a manner of speaking categorize or grouping thoughts to ease the struggle of learning. I think that’s pretty much what we’re doing. We’re rearranging our thoughts to make them more palpable. It’s sort of like it would be easier to pull a cord than a bunch of individual threads. The bunch as a whole is easier to grasp.

I still can’t wrap my mind around the totality of what we’ve been working on. Maybe because we’ve written so much today throughout the course of time we could use tomorrow for more work on the project. I need to know that internally it will make a difference. I’m aware as a multiple of all the different things we get into and don’t complete because others take over our interests. Hmm, that might be an idea for the storefront … we could put down small comments on why the thing that we’re looking at is of value. I’d just have to sell about 7-10 items a month to break even. Not sure how hard that could be. I’m pretty sure they’d let us know how to come up with getting ourselves into the Google Search engine. I heard him say Google for one thing or another … didn’t catch the context.

Now we’re back to the chart … looking to compare usage patterns. I think there is a difference between using a word more or less meaning like when comparing the two transitive verbs that made it to the top numbers I use the word “think” 97% times more often than I use the word “going.” If to think means having thoughts in our mind and getting is to gain possession through our efforts, then I might be having a hell of a lot more thoughts than gaining “control” over.

Hmm, maybe we’re getting a little tired? Just things are so interesting in life.

But, if I don’t go to bed soon, I’ll be wasting part of tomorrow sleeping. Yikes! Think we had stretched the rubber band for a couple of days and today it snapped back. Lots of thoughts ... just don't want to tire them out. Good day though, hmm?