Visit www.MarineParents.com, a Place to Connect & Share (tm)

Friday, January 23, 2009

Just a little news this morning

Good morning. This is me. How are you … is all ok? I hope so, I just left you overnight ya know? We’ve been up for about an hour taking care of one thing or another. Missy has had a bad stomach, so she needed some extra nursing. I’m not sure if she’s ok yet, we’ll see.

News has been very prolific this morning. The first thing we heard was that Carolyn Kennedy was withdrawing from the NY Senate race. That one was kinda sucky for me.

I really wanted her to take the position. The news channels aren’t sure why she’s dropped there have been reports to be seeing after her uncle after he went through seizures the other day, but they were saying that might not be likely. Mostly, because they said that was normal with his condition at least to have seizures when cold and tired. The other reason could be that she knew she wasn’t going to get the nod. I think we’ll learn more of that one as it goes.

I do want to say that if it was an affect of Senator Kennedy, than it would be to take care of her own feelings of loss rather than his needs. He’s a pretty sturdy guy – where she seems much more fragile. It be hard to lose him after losing so many of her family already.

Anyway … the next news was that they gave President Obama another swearing in service last night and they did it without camera though there was an audio. The news stations aren’t happy with that because they should have called in one of the top 5 network news stations by some rule or another. I personally think he’s still the President, but you can’t blame them for making doubly sure. The confusion was due to the bobbling the Chief Justice had done in giving him the original oath.

The next real news was that the Jonas Brothers performed for Sasha and her sister … well that was pretty exciting for them I’m sure, but they are going to need to be taken off the stage where the Obama’s are saying they are going to raise them like normal Americans. That was a pretty big perk for their first night. I think sure why not, I mean their parents were being sung to by whom? Yeah, right … normal Americans? They gotta admit they are superstars! They are saying that Biden didn’t have the moves that Barack did, but then again Biden made no pretence. It’s better his honest than the statement made of the press in saying that Barack has rhythm. I think that was considered a racist slur. Yeeks! They went right into the part of Anderson Cooper not dancing for a few shows, but then we knew that about him too.

He says he actually can dance some, but doesn’t want to see it live over YouTube for the rest of his lifetime plus.

Ok, 5 am. Anderson is done. *Sigh* it was a fun time though maybe we’ll listen to the rerun? Naw … but, I do enjoy listening to him.

Hmm, we got our fuzzy face kitty back … this one being the one that responds to the name Missy. I think she’s feeling better just needs a little something something.

She lied down right away, but she likes to lay on my right wrist meaning I can’t use the mouse so well. Usually, she doesn’t stay long though. Poor kitty.

We’re not getting to far too fast this morning. Still listening to the news … maybe we should lay down for just a little?