Visit www.MarineParents.com, a Place to Connect & Share (tm)

Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Just a few notes ... it's just getting busier and busier

Good morning … this is me. We’re already up to almost 6:30 am so we haven’t gotten too far. We are showered, packed, and pilled. Hehehe … well something like that.

We were up a little bit earlier to do the iPod and we did a couple things on our Facebook. That seems to be a really nice program. I don’t use it every day, but I like it for its variety and number of connections to others. Hmm, we’re going to need waking up sir sweetie in a few moments. I always feel bad about that. Believe me … he needs no beauty sleep cuz he’s got it, just I wish he could dream away the morning. He’s so perfect.

Yesterday … umm we had a meeting with one of the DSPs late in the day so that went well, but there was more work added. I have to do a few more goals. It’s for the better I’m sure. Just means backed up a little more. Sr. was going to tell me, but we got busy and I heard the news through Sr. Florine and Imelda.

Basically, we’re going to get the new DSP who might one day become a Q – she’s got the education. I liked her, but there will be more of that as we really get to work with her. Sr. passed on through the others that she’ll be here tomorrow and that I will be training her for at least a full week. I hope I pass muster on being able to train her as well as sister would like her to be trained. I’m really worried about the things not getting done, and I’m thinking I might have to work at home to get some stuff done.

It’s pretty stressed out there.

Yesterday was a marker day for me getting in trouble with the boss. She asked me to take care of some problems in getting a code so that Sr. Florine could be connected up front. I went through about 50 minutes of calls to get to the right person, and then I got someone who knew what they were doing and I started to work through it.

But, then Sr. had a terrible, terrible time with that because I was switching up things on the computer – as per the techs instructions. She was saying that she’d worked so hard to get things right that I was way out of bounds. And, then like clockwork she yelled so much I told the tech that I would need to call him back.

By then Holly and Rich and Rosa were in the office reporting that their Internets were down. It was because one of the first instructions were to reset. Sr. was having a fit and we only had partial support from the others. She really steamed on us and we felt terrible. I knew that the only real option was to call the support guy back and follow through. Eventually that’s what ended up happening, but there was a lot of stress put out on us.

We ended up getting the Internet back through his support, and he was nice enough to be sympathetic, but it was a real emotional drain. Unfortunately, we found later that the Internet seemed slower and we had not connected the printers properly. So we are going to need calling them back today to get all that cared for. It is a really difficult thing when sister gets angry … you got to do your best, but sometimes nothing is good enough and you’ve just got to take the hard knocks.

Hopefully, we’ll get through the updates today and things will be ok. I’m worried about it, but don’t know what else to do, but progress the situation. Let’s take heart … we know we’re doing our best, no matter what sister thinks.

Before we found out the printers were still down I had gone into tell sister something and she said something about us maybe expecting her to apologize, we told her in not too many words, we just wanted to hide back in our office. We got no compliments, but we weren’t looking for them. Sometimes it’s nice to just lay low.

Sweeties been up for a few moments … I think he’s getting his coffee. He’s such a life’s pleasure. I love him so dearly. *Sigh*

We had Group 3 yesterday for circles. That turned out to be ok. We are still working with them on tying together the colors with the numbers. It seemed to go pretty good, they weren’t getting it perfectly, but I thought they were making good advances. We added at the end the part about ordering the cards. We really had to work our way through it slowly, but I was appreciative of the progress. We might want to repeat this part. It will depend on where we go today and the rest of the week with the other groups. The others have had like two sessions on this so they are ready to move on in some parts, but they still don’t have all of the old stuff that we were working on yesterday with Group 3.

We’ll have to make a decision today … if we’re going to be with Group 1 and the new staff tomorrow then maybe we won’t be able to go on anyway. We’re still most likely going to need doing staff training and Thinking Group so we’ll have to see how that goes there. We’re also going to need worrying about setting up the first week of lessons for Group 1 … sister says that we’re going to get a new book so the new DSP doesn’t take information from Sr. Florine which isn’t good. It’s going to take some work and time necessary that we needed for other things. We’re still REAL worried about not having all the annual work done – and then also the last 4 clients for the Qnotes for the year.

It’s all becoming quite a pressure on my brain. I’ve also got to consider needing to take a few hours to get my taxes done as soon as possible. We are set toward hoping to get enough money back to buy the computer. We’ll have to see if that’s going to be possible, but to get in we’re going to need taking some hours from the week to get in at a time there are openings and H & R Block. Pswhoo! There’s just so much to think about.

We’re almost out of time this morning. We’re going to need getting dressed and out of here. I don’t know what to think of first. I might have to get busy with the schedule for the new person. I think her name is Robin. She seems smart and is fairly young. Her goal is to become a QMRP, so we’ll have to see how that works out. I brought it to Sr.’s attention and she thought that wasn’t a bad thing. So, who knows maybe we’ll progress there somehow.

There’s one more staff she’s considering for one day a week. I don’t know how that one will turn out, but she’s basically considering her to be coming in just to work on client goals – particularly Group 1. That would be a true blessing. I don’t know how she’s doing financially on the payroll, but I like that that kind of change is happening. More help is better even though it’s going to be a drain on the system to get things started. Things will be better after we pass the state inspection … Oh please help us God!