Visit www.MarineParents.com, a Place to Connect & Share (tm)

Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Just a few updates and a prayer.

Good morning … this is me. We’ve only got a few moments before we get in the shower. We’ve got stuff warming up … like me! So silly. Well, maybe we’re not going anywhere important in this first few moments. I did want to say we found our fluffy bunny slippers. WooHOO!!!

Hmm, if I wait a couple of moments though I can get those extra downloads taken care of on the iPod. We might want to do that. Hmm, it seems like we’re in a good mood today … not sure of why. We did get to sleep with sleepy bunny last night … that puts us in a good mood. He’s so cool! Well, let me rephrase that … he’s soooo warm!

He didn’t get home last night until late like somewhere about 10 pm. We had fallen asleep on the couch. We didn’t talk too much … we watched a few moments of a fishy show with him as we ate our fudgsicle. I’m afraid we didn’t last too long with the typing but getting some good sleep was a nice idea. I remember enjoying the feeling of being there on the couch with the computer. We’re going to need getting better with our thought processes … I remember struggling for a thought that was coherent, but that I really enjoyed being there with the computer. I don’t know why it didn’t occur to us before to be holding the computer on our lap. We have to be leaning back to appreciate it, but it was good for us!

Ok, it’s still updating … and this time going up to 31 … better get our shower 

Ahh we’re back again and everything is taken care of. We’re a little worried that one of the pineapples might be leaking, but we’re not sure. Something was sticky so we washed it off, but again not sure where it came from. Ok, this isn’t Earth-shattering is it? Moving along …

AHA! Sleepy Bunny is up … he seems to be doing pretty good … he responded to the first news story he picked up. Sometimes he’s too tired to go that far. We’ve got about a half hour left and we need to stop the urge from going over and demanding more of our bunny’s time. It’s so nice to curl up next to him. That might be defeating the purpose of getting up though. Best hold ground.

I think with a couple of posts already, you know as much as I do about yesterday.

Pretty much the big thing was looking through the computers until we found one we liked and that seemed doable. We contacted our tax place and she said that we could get in almost any time especially if we came by during the day … we might want to take some time off to do that. Maybe go into work late. I should have checked their hours.

The woman said that we should get the school tax forms very soon … she thought they had to go out by the 30th. I think today is the 28th. So we just have to be patient. I know … my strong suit.

I’d like to open ground for use of the new machine. More or less why is it that we need this so much when I knew another part wanted the vacation to see Thom and another part was suggesting that we put money aside for a potential house one day.

Those things aren’t getting as much notice at this point. It seems that half of what we talk or think about … doesn’t get carried through. I don’t know why we can’t be more agreeable. It seems though that I really have to get toward that money before another part gets there first.

We’ll test out the theory of writing from the couch this week to see how that goes.

We could have to wait 2-3 weeks before getting the machine we will be ordering from the place mentioned yesterday. They get the computers from a distributor. I’m not sure who does the adding features but the guy said it wouldn’t be a problem to downgrade the machines to get XP instead of Vista. I thought that might be a better idea, but then I realized too that there was only a DVD player and most of our programs are on CD … so something there might have to be worked out too. I think this place is small enough to be accommodating … there would be a cost, but it didn’t seem too steep. He said the one change I asked for would be about $45. That seemed worth it to me.

I thought that Rich might be enticed by the machine himself. He’s always talked about doing work in the car on the computer, but it’s an obstacle to be using two hands to be inputting data especially because of the conflict between the steering wheel and the computer. But, the tablet would allow him to take notes with one hand as the computer rested on the other seat or consul. We’ll have to see. Rich talked about getting a separate computer from JVS in case anything happened to him there.

It would be nicer for him too in that he’d be able to use it for his personal things, not the least being able to play poker – Hehehe

Oh man … we just read an email from Vickie. I don’t want to get into her personal things in the blog, but please God Bless her and her family. She’s had some terrible burdens put upon her. Our heart goes out to her and our best hopes and prayers.