Visit www.MarineParents.com, a Place to Connect & Share (tm)

Friday, October 31, 2008

Just a little jumpy ... ready to hit the road :)

Good morning. This is me. AHA! We are finally getting to the writing. We have it seems a lot of trouble getting to the free zone, because it takes so long to get through screens in catching things of interest and our email. That's no good. But, we are here and we've for the most part worn through our news from CNN. I have figured out that on weekdays We are listeing to Anderson Cooper from 4-6 am. I think that ... well actually I know he's on at 4 am and we're hoping his second hour is at the 5 am time. It sure helps the thinking in that we can go to bed on time if we can hear what we had wanted to hear.

Hmm, just checked out what seems like a new service on Comcast. They are saying that you can get your On Demand channels in other rooms than the main one. But, then we think ... how often are we watching that? We've been watching more CNN or the DVR or Netflix. Shoot, just checked our Netflix, but it's on hold because we haven't changed the credit card yet. We did get the new credit card working and that felt good, because it allowed us to get back on-line and in-touch with our beloved CNN. It's hard to explain the comfort I get from hearing the issues and politicians and pundits.

I don't know, but think that Rich is coming around. I think he's still going to vote for McCain, but he's having trouble with Palin. He acknowledges now though that Obama is probably going to be President. He won't tell me for sure who he is voting for though, because he says it's private. Blah humbug!

Yesterday we had a good follow-through day ... I don't think a moment went past where we weren't thinking about having our vacation. We're still thinking about it. But, we went in to check on Rich waking up at 5 am and even though his alarm went off, he decided to go back to bed until 5:45 am. Yeah, yeah. He's getting up - but, the slow way. Probably better though because he's going to be doing a lot of driving today. We asked if he was going to let us drive, but then he said maybe only an hour or two, but that he likes doing the driving himself. Yeah right! If I were one of the guys he wouldn't mind me driving.

But, I have to say here that this was one of the reasons I didn't want to buy his car, because it would still feel like his car. He hasn't let me drive it ever with the exception of 2-3 times just to move it a mile or two. And, those few times I drove it ... I felt the whole front end too loose and big for me. Hmpf! So there ... Mr. gotta drive all by myself guy! In this respect he implied no future for his car.

We are going to take his car, because its more luxurious than ours. He likes the part of having his computer map, and his XM radio plus all the other bells and whistles. That's alright ... I can take a hint. I know I'm second class citizen. *Giggle* Well, except last night! I was a pretty up-front friend hehehe.

Anyway ... Rich and us both got home last night at the same time. Me from Dr. Marvin's and him from work. A problem had occurred that affected his day and mood. He was out golfing with friends - 18 holes, but at the second hole, he ripped his pants. He goes for long periods of time not buying new pants.

Oh man ... it's already Halloween! I didn't even remember! It makes me think I should get some candy, don't you think??! I know, I know ... let it go.

SOOOO, anyway Rich had ripped his pants and it was the second one so that meant he only had one pair of pants to wear and he had to acknowledge FINALLY that it was time to go shopping. SOOOO, we went to Kohl's together before we went even out to dinner even though it was 6:30 pm. It took us an hour, but we did it with TWO trips to the dressing rooms. It was kinda fun shopping for man clothes. I don't think we've really ever done it. Basically, he knew what size he was (44-29) and so all there was left was to try things on and choose between styles. Rich decided he liked the Hagar pants and one other I don't remember the name of, but we supported that he get FOUR pair of pants WOOHOO!!! I think he got one pants that was dark, a couple that were muted earth tones, and maybe one that was a darker baige. He wasn't saying it direct, but I think he was very happy. He wouldn't let us get him a shirt though. I think the pants cost about $32 average. I didn't know how much guy pants cost. If I would have known his size we might have gone out ourselves, because the need was so great.

But, then he wouldn't get to choose his favorite. I did learn a few things like he liked the material that was a little heavier and he liked when there was some stretch in the waist band and the waist band had to be a little thicker too. This is good information. I didn't know there were baiges that were too light to wear in winter. I am going to have to shop with him more often, but likely this trip won't be repeated in 3-4 years unless he was really to lose more weight. He teased he was going to have to stay at this weight a long time to get proper usage out of the pants, but we're not going for that deal! From what I gathered before that every 25 pounds for him was like looking at another pants size. He said he didn't need shirts because people give him shirts for Christmas.

Afterward we went to Applebees and he had some kind of ribs and we had some kind of Mexican dish. Ours was special because it was only like 450 calories ... it was on their weight watcher's menu. We also had a drink that was interesting ... it was a cherry something like with a lime in it and a cherry on top. But, there wasn't any alcohol. We only ate half the dinner, but we finished the other half this morning. That was a pretty good deal. Hmm, and I had 3-4 of Rich's French fries. No more than that though.

I think I'm going to take my shower now. We've got to get ready, pack AND drive to St. Rose to pick up our check ... all in the next 3 hours. Then Rich will want to get out on the road. It took us a long time to figure all that out last night. We used our GPS because we were in our car. It's about 525 miles or a 9 hour trip to the place we're going in MO. I forget where it is ... we should probably look it up to see where our hotel is, but right now ... the only thing we know about the city is that it starts with a B. I know Branson, MO.

We're trying to pull up pictures now. I think we did this from our work computer, but didn't get a chance to post them. This is the one picture we've got now.

Ok, I think we got the room pictures saved. Maybe we'll post a little now because after the shower Rich will be up and we'll be packing. WOOHOO!!!