Visit www.MarineParents.com, a Place to Connect & Share (tm)

Monday, September 22, 2008

Thought stopper

Good morning … it’s me again. Somehow we lost the last document … fortunately it was only about 3” long. It’s now 5:24 am and our kitty is being complainy. We had gotten up around an hour ago, but were messing around with news and emails.

A couple of moments ago, we went into Rich’s room to check on him. He asked that we give him another 20 minutes, but then just a second ago he crossed the hallway on the way to the bathroom. I guess we must have stirred that tank somehow. Eh … it’s all for the better I’m sure. Maybe he’ll sneak back once more though? Only time will tell.

We’re feeling pretty good for it being a Monday. We lost another couple pounds since writing. We’re now at 253. WooHOO!!!

Gym has lately seemed to be our favorite thing to be writing about. We did 41 laps in the pool on Saturday and then yesterday we spent our time on the gym side. We were able to do 30 entire minutes – at one time on the treadmill at 2.2 and then we did 20 straight minutes on the bike, and then we walked upstairs to the circuit training. I’d tell you how good we did there, but our iPod is syncing. I haven’t quite yet figured out how to get the data to save.

Oh dear … some message about not being able to sync, so I enabled something in the warning message. Let’s hope for the best. Maybe it’s just because I tried in an “Apply” button after it had started to sync. Pswhoo … you know better than to mess with odd button pushing, right?

Over the weekend we tried to do better at following a schedule. Or to at least get some items taken care of from the To-do list. I can’t say everything got done, but there was some progress. Hmm, I think baby went back to bed. How’d that happen?

Must have been tired.

Rich got home last night around 6-7 pm. There were troubles all along even though I don’t think it was all troublesome. He had originally said he was going to be home in the morning, but then as I thought, they did a little more fishing. Rich said 3 hours, but then Bob his partner said 4 hours. And, then they had lunch, or maybe after they got the boat out that they had lunch. But, someone before them lost their van on the boat landing. I guess something happened and the whole thing ended up being submerged. Yeeks! So, they had to wait around for that. Then there was some kind of trouble with Bob’s van … something like the steering fluid needed to be replaced and that was a process. And, then he had to go with Bob to put the boat in storage … and well you can kind of see how the day went.

When Rich got back finally – I was in a so-so ok mood – certainly not a bad mood – cuz we were happy that he finally made it. We had been watching Tommy the stamp tricker or something like that. Yes, a story for 11 year olds, this is true. But, you know how we get. Ahh Rich is up … he gave us a little patting and then headed for the kitchen table. Good Rich.

I think he’s a little tired this morning. I think our movie we watched together got over about 10:10 pm and he had to make a call before he went to bed. We didn’t give him TOO much trouble getting into bed. We might have been a little tired too. We watched something like 7 years in Tibet with Brad Pitt. I had trouble forgetting he was Brad Pitt, but for the most part it was an ok movie. The kid in the movie was really good. He was steady and calm with a flair for being enthusiastic and excited.

We had a few minutes of trouble before starting the movie up, but we had found a number to call for help fairly soon and then just found that it was a matter of unplugging the cord, waiting for it to sit for 30 seconds, and then plugging it in again. I guess there must be some kind of design flaw if they know about this and give the information out so easily. One way or another it seemed to work – and from that point, our information flowed from the computer to the Roku device on the TV.

WooHOO!!! I’m really glad that we didn’t give up on it.

Hmm. Just remembered to add kitty litter to the shopping list. Good thinking.

And, in the meantime we found that there is more than just the one screen where we put the title down. After that there is one more screen for adding sub items. Like if the first screen said groceries, the second screen would include milk and bread and so forth. AND, after that screen there is one more. The last screen saves cost of the items and quantity needed along with a space for notes. There’s a few other buttons for editing, deleting and listing active or inactive, but we won’t mess too much with that yet. It’s a good idea to keep an ongoing list.

There are a lot of good idea things so far. We’ve gotten quite a few of them as well. Now beside the normal list of Internet, calendar, email, contacts, youtube, stocks, maps, wether, clock, calculator, notes, Application store, and settings, we’ve also saved a link for our web page and then there’s another page plus of extra applications like:



Probably the only one that I don’t feel I need, but am keeping anyway is the Puzzloop free. But, I decided just for the sake of Maury that I should have one game on there in case he’d like to check out the iPod. I’m trying to think that I don’t need any more applications and that I have plenty and most likely too many. I can’t explain to you all of where our minds been with this. But, I can say it’s been a pretty amazing flood of thoughts to get us through all these additions to the machine. So far … I think with music, books, podcasts, movies, pictures, applications and all – we’re at about 35% capacity. We have to be careful, because we know sooner or later we might need space for some more music. Maybe next time we see Maury. I should have reminded him of it before he came over with Isa last week. That was an error on my part.

Hmm, updated our to do list. We have to remember swimming, follow through on tasks, go to work, pay bills remember to tell Rich about shopping, smooch him up, take shower and get dressed, update Outlook from work and write in blog – not necessarily in that order. I found that the To-do list alphabetizes my stuff. Hmm, should make things easy to find. We were telling Dr. Marvin on Friday … hmm, already forgot.

What did we tell him?

*Sigh*

Better go take our shower, hmm?

Ok, we’re good to go. We took our shower, got dressed, took medicine and packed the bag … oh and we filled up mine and Rich’s coffee … that’s important too. We had to calm down poor Missy … she’s like a drill sergeant … do this do that. Pshwoo she’s a tough kitty. Finally, though she’s laying down by my feet and giving it a little rest … good kitty. I’ve got a about a half an hour now to do with as I please. We did talk to Rich a little in-between. I think he might be at St. Rose today. Of course, we’re always happy when he appears.

This is the week where Sr. Theresa isn’t going to be there. She’s at her retreat in Pennsylvania. Yeah for that! We need to try not wasting the time though. We also have two or three staffings this week. I know for tomorrow and Wednesday for sure.

We might have one also on Friday, but I don’t think we have one today.

Ok, that’s about as much work as I want to be covering.

I don’t think we got to talking about Dr. Marvin’s on Friday. Right now I’m just remembering that we didn’t switch around on the parts so much … in general, we stayed with older parts. Oh, I remember something now … we had asked him to print the color wheel and then that became a symbol for us also working with all the parts as if they were petals too. I remember also the part of that where we decided the petals were going to be 3D and they’d be flexible sorta like the cup ride at the amusement park, going up and down and around.

Oh my God. Vickie just wrote … she’s lost her home to the hurricane and is renting a house now. She said that the roof blew off, the rain came in and that most of the walls came down. I’m in shock – though can’t imagine it’s much toward what she’s just gone through. Just dumbfounded. Vickie if you read this please believe my heart and prayers go out to you. God bless.