Visit www.MarineParents.com, a Place to Connect & Share (tm)

Sunday, September 21, 2008

80 pounds down the pike



Published

Hi ... this is me again ... sorry there hasn't been an update for so long. Hmm. Looks to be about eight months down the road.

I have been keeping up with my blog for the Ayn's Multiple World at Aynetal3.blogspot.com. so for practical purposes you can always get me there.

I took the 80 pound picture loss that was added to my photos this morning. I made a little comment there. I was happy that there were some weight differences in my face. for the most part - it doesn't look like I just swallowed a bullfrog. I think actually that's the most noticeable difference - my neck and chins. It seems like the two have combined in the first picture.

You can't tell by the light of the second picture, but I really believe my chin is now not a direct part of my throat. Right above the chin to either side there seems also to have some definition. I don't look so swollen. But other than that ... same general face. There will be more improvements down the line.

I'm not sure exactly what I'm looking for as to weight loss. I think I would be satisfied with hitting about 140-150 pounds lost in the first year ... so that means we've got 60-70 pounds to lose in the next 6 months. any more would be just awesome, but we're not going to push it. This would take us down to about 187-197 pounds by March 14th. Ok, that's about it then. Maybe though for the time being we should be shooting for the century mark. That be in 20 pounds or 237. We can do this right?

Less eating and more exercise. And when we get down toward our final weight pictures - don't forget to get a haircut!

As to everything else ... life is going well. Fishyman is doing fishfinding things this weekend. I'm here with the computer and other devices like the iPod. Yup yup that's all I'm up to now days. this is day 4 of 5 on vacation and I'm feeling pretty good.

We saw our fishyman out the door this morning, but that was still 1 1/2 hours ago. It's now about 6:30 am, which reminds me we should be taking our medicine. Need some coffee anyway. Other than that ... Not too much going on ...

We will say that the gym is progressing really well. Periodically I'll run into a couple of days not being there, but we're trying to be fairly routine about it. Every other day except on Thursdays when we are seeing Dr. Marvin, we've been going to the gym.

On the first day we'll go swimming. We're up to 40 laps - whereas one lap is all the way to the end of the pool and back. I think that's the official way to count, but I don't have that down for sure. On the opposite day we're going to the gym part. We do our walking, then biking and then we finish up with circuit training. At this point we're up from 3 minutes of walking to 25 minutes walking, 16 minutes biking and then about 45 minutes with the latter. I don't think we've gotten down all our routines upstairs, but this is the sorta thing we're doing. Oh yeah also the walking is set at 2.1 and the bike is set at a 6 level for fat-burning.

Seated leg press 3 sets of 20 @ 95 pounds
Seated leg curl 3 sets of 15 @ 75 pounds
Hip abductors out 3 sets of 20 @ 80 pounds
Hip abductors in 3 sets of 20 @ 100 pounds
Triceps dip 3 sets of 15 @ 60 pounds
Lay pull down 3 sets of 15 @ 60 pounds
Shoulder press 1 set of 15, 1 set of 10 and 1 set of 5 @ 30 pounds
Incline chest press same as above
Chest press 1 set of 15, 1 set of 10 and 1 set of 5 @ 45 pounds
Pectoral fly 1 set of 15, 1 set of 10 and 1 set of 5 @ 30 pounds
Arm curl same as above
Extension arms 1 set of 15, 1 set of 10 and one set of 5 @ 40 pounds
Lateral raise 1 set of 15, 1 set of 10, and 1 set of 5 @ 30 pounds
Pectoral fly inward 1 set of 10 and 1 set of 5 @ 45 pounds
Pectoral fly outward 1 set of 15, 1 set of 10, and 1 set of 5 @ 45 pounds
Leg extension 1 set of 15, 1 set of 10 and 1 set of 5 @ 60 pounds
Arm curl 1 set of 15, 1 set of 10 and 1 set of 5 @ 30 pounds
Stomach cruncher 1 set of 45 @ 50 pounds
Then we did a back extension 1 set of 45 @ 120 pounds
And finally one for abdomen 1 set of 10 and 1 set of 5 @ 50 pounds, but we were pretty drained by that time

I think there are 1 or 2 I've missed, but you get the general idea. We've brought the last couple of times putting exercises and numbers into the iPod. We've got it there to listen to music while we work anyway -might as well record some progress as well. I'm really happy that we keep going ... we've got to remember that if we miss a day or two - just gotta get back to the going routine - because it is OUR gym. But, at this point most often we are looking forward to getting back to it.

I think we’ll include this part to start off our normal blogging for the day … because in general I feel it’s a good start and I’d like to see some progress there too in the end. We’ve got that new prism to be looking at, but then again we need to make updates to the To-do list, calendar and such, plus like to not only write, but to look at our older writing for the chapters. I’m not sure if I have enough time for all that. My domestic duties of the weekend would include … a little pick-up, empty the dishwasher, and fold two loads of clothes. OHHHH and we should also be paying bills! If I could do all that and the gym before Rich gets back, we’d be a happy girl.

Ok, we’re back. So is Chief … not sure where we picked him up from. It’s now about 8:15 am. I’m not sure exactly how much time has gone by since the last writing effort, but not so much. We’ve been doing a good Ann thing. We’ve been updating things on the iPod … that’s a good thing. Now we are going to really try concentrating on the blog.

Some of the things we’ve updated are the Todo list, any count, calendar, and fitness. Pswhoo that’s enough. Our To-do list includes going to the gym, picking up medicine, setting goals for the day – Hey I’ve got that one done! Hmm, that goes on the list of what to buy. Make that another app. We need to pay bills and write in the blog … that’s … oh forgot one need to edit blog chapter … we don’t want to forget the major goals. We also want to go back over the last 5 chapters in the on-line book we listened to last night in the gym, so we can take notes. After that … we’ll want to listen to the second book, and then go back over both of them. We’re still not done either with Barack’s book. We listened to that last night too, but there is more.

We turned on CNN too in the background … just thought you might like to know what we’re listening too … but, up to now we were having quiet.

Oh dear … President Bush is addressing the economy … at least they are following the story because it appears he just spoke, but they didn’t have enough on to figure it out. It seems that Bush is just addressing the middle class is in trouble. Ok, on with the general program here.

On our any count, we added to tallies saying that we worked out in the gym, and that we did the proper morning routines of adding to diet/exercise, calendar and to-do etc. and we recorded a new category of how many minutes into straight blogging like we’re doing now. We set the timer and so far we’re up to 21 minutes. Fitness part included that we ate an English muffin with peanut butter and a pudding. What to buy program we added the medicine and a program to track gym sets and reps.

Ok, pswhoo. It might not seem like much, but it’s going to be a bigger deal to record what we’re doing in our general time. Specially, we want to be adding to the To-do list and the Calendar. It’s part of our new motivation program to become more responsible for the time we spend on this or that. Dr. Marvin reminded me last night that we start these things and then get overwhelmed with their complexity so we fade off. This might happen again with this last set of trends, but any time we can be getting back to it the better.

Part of this has to do with a motivational speaker that we’ve listened to named Brian Tracy’s Goals – How to get everything you want – faster than you ever thought possible. We’ve listened to all 20 chapters now and just have to take notes on the last 5 chapters … hmm, did we just say this? Uh-huh … ok, we’re going to progress somewhere, but it wasn’t just that. Let’s move ahead hehehe

We should mention fairly straight up that we’ve been on vacation this week. We took yesterday off too. So we’re at day 4 of 5 of being off. Wow … it’s been great. One of the things that we’re talking to Dr. Marvin about is being able to do more time from home doing this kind of stuff and less time at work. BUT, the trick is that we need to be making some money too.

Whatever we are going to do has to include making a minimum of $46-50,000 and getting health insurance. That means I have to gross between $3,800-4,200 a month or netting about 31,500 or 2,600 a month. Actually, as to health insurance we are paying about half of that which between health and dentil comes to $400 a month – plus we’re paying on medical bills.

We’re running right now as to take home pay after taxes and insurance to be about 68% or 2/3 of our gross. I think per hour we’re making about $22.56 an hour or something close to that. So, if we’re going to want to semi-retire toward working from home on our private book, we’re going to have to cover at least that much to prevent Rich from going crazy. Sheesh … what I do for that guy!

Of course, we’re thinking we want to be making more than that. I figure that if I made about $200,000 and IF which is a big if it stayed at 68%, I’d have a take home of $134,000 … the question then is can I afford to buy the house I like with furnishings for about $500,000. I think that would work, because straight up on top it would mean netting about 27% of what I would need to be paying toward housing … that’s a pretty fair amount of money. Mostly because I think you need to have at least 40% of your income to pay for housing … and I think Rich should kick in at least the lacking 13%. Hmm, now if I figure it out to take it all on … I should net $200,000 to do 40% of a $500,000 house. SOOO basically I’d have to gross $336,000 to put 40% down on a $500,000 home.

Ok, since we’re so close … why don’t we say that I need to make $350,000 a year … especially since they are going to tax more people who make over $250,000 a year. YEEKS! That sounds terrible!

So, according to the author I’ve been reading – Brian, I have to think toward my goals and visualize them if I am going to want to make a clear path toward that goal. I think one of my problems before was that I’d set myself a goal of making only $40,000. That was my goal left from 18 years ago in thinking that a $40,000 income was enough to be stable. Maybe if I didn’t have school loans and medical or pay for my own insurance it would be enough, but since I have to do all that … it’s simply not enough. SOOO, now we know that I need to earn $350,000. So, the question is how?


Part of the deal is that I am going to want to do the kind of writing I’m doing for my blog. Basically, my ideal goal would be to put what we write into books. And since I’ve written over 5 years … it would mean about 5 books. AND, they’d be very long.

I’m pretty sure if we could sell 5 books that whatever money I’d make – it be over $350,000 a year … well that would be the goal. Plus, it would give me an avenue to continue writing and making more books and earning more money.

Now … we’ve got to deal with a little reality. There’s probably not a market for anyone to be reading me – in that … what I write about is fairly normal stuff. I got up, go to work, write a little and then move on to be doing about the same kind of things over again. I think the old hook was that … we are a little different in doing this because we are a multiple and a little different because we are a mistress – plus we’re doing well enough to be getting along. I’ve been worrying lately, because I think of big events that would make a book interesting is to have major life challenges … certainly if I were going to publish and make money doing it … it would be a major life change. The one I’ve been worrying about though is that something could happen to Rich … and after so many years of waiting for him to be free, that something could happen to him. Primarily what we worry about is a heart attack because he’s so overweight. This is terrible things to think of and certainly not positive, so we’ll move on from here, but this is still our biggest life concern, even more than something happening to me.

Oh man … just caught Bush for a couple of sentences. He’s basically saying that he just realized that the economy is in worse shape than he expected and is more complex than he imagined. YIKES! That guy is frightening. He is just realizing all of this?

That’s about as bullshit as it comes. Ok, we’re not going negative though so we’re going to skip over that for the moment. Hopefully, our guy Obama is going to step up to the plate and say what needs to get said. We need to nail his election if we’re ever going to survive this point in relative life security.

Hmm, there’s some major thoughts here, but we don’t want to lose our focus, so due to that might have to focus on something different. We’ve covered enough our $350,000 Grand plan. I don’t think I’d really have to earn that much, but as long as we were setting goals – might as well at least shoot for this much. I thought yesterday of using writing talent to be doing some other kinds of writing. I happened across a site that was talking about basically writing self-help on-line – and with that I think the income was coming from the advertisement for having so many hits on your site. BUT, that kind of writing doesn’t appeal to me in the least. I also don’t really want to go into what’s happening in the world – such as a newspaper or magazine writer in that it take me too far from my regular goals.

Woohoo!!! I just got a message from Joe … he’s saying about 1 ish for lunch. That excites me to pieces. Now I gotta figure will I do the gym before that or after. I think today is really a swimming day. To work things backward … If I were to go swimming before … I’d have to leave by 12:15 pm to get to Joe’s that means shower AFTER swimming at home at 11:15 …

hmm, I could wash my hair at the gym though … so I’d want to be leaving the gym at noon … so out of the pool by 11:30 that would mean at the pool by about 10, and it’s about 9:15 am now. So, the question then is sooner or later considering I’d have to get going pretty soon. If I did it later … I’d have to figure that I’d get done with Joe’s about 4 pm and be at the pool at about 5 pm, which would only give me an hour and a half at the pool, because you have to be done half an hour before it closes at 7 pm.

It would seem reasonable to believe than that I should get going pretty soon. It be nice to have something to talk about while out with Joe. Being on target with our fitness goals makes a lot of sense. Just that it would mean we’d put our writing off and might not be able to get back to it today yet. BUT, maybe there’s that shot we’d be able to do it … which is something more positive to shoot for. Bills can be put off until tomorrow. Hmm, let’s check our to-do and calendar again. Hmm, there are smaller tasks, but the major one seems to be in editing the chapters. Maybe I can split that up … I can work on that part without thinking overly. I could then write after Joe’s from about 4-7 pm, and then do the editing at the same time we’re listening to a movie at 7-10 pm and then get back to bed early enough. We want to remember to set some bedtime goals and we’ve got to remember that Rich is coming back probably tomorrow morning. I forgot to ask his travel time, but I really think he just means to stay overnight. One of the guys has property by the Mississippi and invited 5 guys from fishing to come over.

It’s a pretty nice deal.

Hmm, just thought of that … if I’m making $350,000 that means that we still have Rich’s income too. Maybe I could then buy our regular house and he could by our vacation house. Hmm, that works for me! I think we’re all good. We’re still looking at the property over at the Elgin place. If I could get that floor plan somewhere else that still be the ideal. Let’s take one more look at that should we?

Hmm, it says that 70% of the homes in Del Webb have been sold. There seems to be 13 homes available that is considered the

Somerset II





Hmm, we’re back to feeling dreamy. I remember part of why that was so expensive. The home is actually like $350,000, but the extra built-ins that we were seeing cost another $100,000 – and then Rich added $50,000 for furnishings. I think it then included options like the garden room, patio, bays, fireplace and basement … I also am remembering that the place meant that someone was doing the landscaping and snow shoveling.

Hmm, we’re still here struggling through page loadings. We wanted to see the virtual tour … It would give us a couple of rooms and its where we go to get the very minimum of happiness in seeing the place. I’m hoping that it was just Google’s Chrome that wasn’t allowing it. But, I think we’re stopped up in general because IE isn’t loading proper either. I can’t tell you how many times I’ve stepped into the above home and walked around it imaginatively. But, I think that’s what the writer was telling us of the motivation ideals. You need to imagine exactly what you want in clarity. Ok, are we going to be able to do it?

We’ve got the IE open for Edgewater – the community … but the virtual tour room is not opening YeeGADS … and it’s now 10 am. I figure we’ve got a half hour wiggle room, but this is really where push comes to shove.

Hmm, maybe … maybe … I see the backframe and the Java label has come up … Let’s hope, let’s hope … feel a burning desire to be looking at the place. I need to feel that sense of satisfaction. It says it’s loading we’ll see. It only shows two rooms, BUT!!! Hey it’s up!

Damn … it only shows two rooms and one is a den … which is the small bedroom.