Visit www.MarineParents.com, a Place to Connect & Share (tm)

Monday, August 18, 2008

Cookin up a storm

Good morning … this is us. We just went in and gave smooch face his coffee and a kiss … He was sitting at the edge of his bed resisting getting up. But, now I’ve seen my deer crossing the field and the shower has been started. Go Rich!! He’s my guy.

It’s about 5:30 am now on a Monday morning. The weekend has slipped by and I don’t have much to show for it. I didn’t leave the house as planned and I barely touched the computer. Pretty much then that leaves sitting around being a couch potato.

Yes, that’s what I’ve become.

Hmm, this is not a good start. Where is our up and attem? We’ve got coffee … sweeties in the shower … what’s our real part? We did talk to Thom yesterday. He called while he was waiting at the barbers for his hair cut. He’d gone off base because the one on base was so busy, but I think this other was busy too.

I think everything is pretty much status quo except Pensacola is in pretty close to the path of Hurricane Faye. Thom says that they may be evacuating soon. It must be pretty big to evacuate an entire naval station. You would think the navy like does wet weather. Cause they are like our water people. But, for the sake of argument, let’s say that it’s a good idea if Thom isn’t in the path of a hurricane.

That make me feel much better.

Hmm. We went and took a shower … we were looking at all the weather pictures and Rich seemed to think that we were obsessing. I think for a mother to be SOMEwhat concerned would be natural. Obsessing, HMPF!

Just don’t think there’s anything much more important to be writing about. Ok, 10 minutes later and we’re still looking at the weather map. Just trying to get a fix on the situation. Nothing wrong with that.

Sweetums is on his computer in back of me. I think he’s going to need leaving in about 10 minutes. And I’ll leave 10 minutes in back of that. Doesn’t seem like my mind is too focused. I know what’s new? Anything? Ok, new cup of coffee that’s something. I think that Sister is going to have someone else watching group 1 on Mondays. Forgot – maybe Imelda. It be a big break not to have to feel bad about coming in. I don’t look forward to the days I need to work with the clients. Again having that one client act out every morning has been a problem.

Hmm, Rich is leaving … at least he’s unplugging his cord.

*Sigh* He’s left … he gave us a good smooch and we got to pat him when he turned around. Patting is a good deal. He has to take the clean clothes out of my car and put them in his car. Wouldn’t do to have his things mixed with my things outside the center.

Gee … what a goofy guy … he came back and knocked on the door AGAIN!! He’s been having a hard time walking out without remembering his keys. I don’t know why he’s doing that … except maybe he’s coming back for another kiss. Could be? Well, they are sweet AND we get to see him being a little sheepish. Oh Lordy … that was him AGAIN. I guess the car had relocked by the time he got down there. So, I had to go push the car lock button to let him in. We gave him a hard time … we asked him if this wasn’t his new exercise routine for us. Just as I figured he agreed. Hmm, work?