Visit www.MarineParents.com, a Place to Connect & Share (tm)

Monday, August 11, 2008

Let's just call this a distracting weekend

Good morning. We’re going to try writing today, especially since yesterday was a bust. I could blame myelf, but I’d rather to hold the Olympics to be the guilty party. We love the NBCOlympics.com site and we’re watching both that and the TV.

I’m no big on soccer, but it’s like when I listen to football or baseball. Even if I’m not watching it directly I love to hear the sound of the announcers. So when I do tune in I have the feeling that athletics are happening. And, then when the crowd cheers particularly loudly I turn around to look.

For this time being I’ve been watching the badminton players. It’s Denmark against Japan. It looks like Japan is going to take the 2nd match where the first went to Denmark. I can’t believe how much athletics goes into the game; they are just all over the place even for the doubles. Wow there was a time out … you can’t imagine how adamant the coaches were. Ahh, now the girls are discussing the game almost ready to start. Hmm, Japan took the last one. I don’t really have a favorite, but I guess I felt the underdogs were Denmark, because there country is that much smaller than Japan. Japan seems the stronger team … mostly because they don’t seem to get down on themselves as the tall Danish girl.

Between Italy and South Korea in soccer – Italy won. They are going over the reviews now.

Tough badminton 17-19 … now 20. Denmark’s turn awe Japan took it. They look pretty happy. Hehe they wrapped each other up in such a nice hug. They are playing tennis now on the TV … I don’t know, but I think it’s USA against someone. Ahh the guy is against Australia. Hmm, we’re also at handball Denmark this time against Egypt.

Shoot got some kind of blocker popping me.

OK that took a while. We seem to be bogging down. We switched over to AOL instead of Internet Explorer. Sheesh … not fun … I hate when things don’t go as you want.

We did finally get the Olympics back, and am now watching basketball Angola against Germany. Hmm, maybe I can concentrate on something else for a bit. They are just getting done with the anthems and are warming up to start their game.

Hmm, do you think we could try SOME other thinking? I’m not so involved in these sports just like to hear them in the background. I would like to say that we did something yesterday, but I’m afraid that we spent most of the day watching the Olympics. Again we went to bed with them on and woke up the same. We had a little headache and I think that has to do with watching too much TV – including in our sleep. It seemed to go away pretty quickly. We also think we’re affected by falling asleep with our glasses on. We seem to be pretty obsessed into watching every moment we can squeeze in. Hmm, basketball isn’t any good. There isn’t any background commentary and it takes to much to watch while wanting to write. So we’re back to negotiating the TV/Computer guide. I get really aggravated with how slow things take to turn over.

Feeling really frustrated. Whistling … whistling. Just let it do its thing. We can think of something right?

Ahh that’s a little better on WMAQHD we’ve got at least the American team against China – and on that channel there are words being spoken … Like to hear that in the background.

Did you know that we’ve gotten calls from fishyman a couple nights in a row? The first day he didn’t do so good fishing, but he came in second place last night. He seemed kind of grumbly and distracted last night. He seems to have too many little problems in working to catch fish that he may be missing some of the enjoyment of the sport. I’d hate to see him miss the trees through the forest.

Let’s see what else. We did do something different other than Olympics yesterday.

We saw a movie narrated by Morgan Freeman called the March of the penguins. It was pretty cool … I didn’t know that they had to work so hard to maintain their lives.

It seemed the penquins only had about 3 months to have fun – the one’s who were procreating. That seems to happen like every four years.

Ok, we’re set here for the time being. We have men’s basketball USA against China on both the TV and computer. That way we get the sound of the TV with the picture directly in front of us of the game. Right now were 49 to 37 at the end of the 2nd quarter. Hmm, the President is there watching the game … go figure. It seems like he’s getting around … saw him at swimming and even beach volleyball.

Hmm, we didn’t get very far from the Olympics did we.

We’re still in the half time, but the guys are starting to warm up a bit. We watched a human interest story from China on their love of basketball.

We can concentrate right? It seems like the video is behind the TV. Didn’t realize that before. I guess it’s like hearing a premonition of what’s going to happen.

Oh, please – why can’t you think of anything besides Olympics? I’m going to get to the back end of my weekend and not realize anything concrete for what or where I’ve been. I’m loving it on one side and being very frustrated on the other. This is a dilly of a dilemma. Hmm, 60-45 USA. Shhh, stop please you are hurting my brain.

NO we’re not going to turn it off. Hmm, end of 3rd quarter we’re outscoring them by 26 points. Now that’s a little too unfair … we don’t want to insult our hosts. 74 to 48.

Ok, the games over I think USA won by 31 points not sure … but, we gave up on writing during the 4th quarter and went to the couch to watch. Then after that ended we looked at crew … that was fun enough, but we still have other things we want to be doing. We want to watch one move over a second time that we caught on Friday before we left work, but before that we have a long 2 ½ hour nature movie.

We’ll set that up and see if weneed to watch it exclusively or can just put it on the background. Hmm, it’s coming in kind of scratchy. I’m not sure either whether I got the first movie or the second. I’m going to be very frustrated if it keeps cutting up … might be a deal breaker. This movie is really highlighted because it took 5 years and over 10 million dollars to creak. It’s called planet Earth. Hmm, looks like its produced by the BBC.

Hmm, that was good … a little more Olympics and then you say you want to watch that other movie? Ok, but not much writing again today, hmm?