Visit www.MarineParents.com, a Place to Connect & Share (tm)

Monday, June 30, 2008

Let's not REALLY get up

Good morning … it’s me. We’re just checkin in … it’s about 5:50 am on a Monday morning and we’ve already taken our shower so we have a few minutes. We checked the Marineparents.com sites and figured we’re still on top of that … and often the last one to have posted. I also checked our weight and it’s holding good at 276, so we’re thinking that’s ok considering. We’ve got a bit of errands to be running today because just when we had signed off, we looked out the window and it had started to rain. We ended up canceling our plans to go out. At first we thought we’d catch up on some sleep, but then we decided to simply go read. We finished the book on McCoy’s Marines, and then later started the picture book for real. I think
it’s titled, “To be a Marine.”

We had some trouble falling asleep because we didn’t get the medicines including the one we take at night that helps us sleep. We woke up quite a few times during the night – which was a good thing considering it turned out we left Missy outside on the porch when we shut the door and turned on the air conditioning. Felt pretty bad about that and gave her a really good pet. She of course was insulted that we hadn’t thought about her. I give Chief half the blame. He could have stood by the window or something to give me a clue what had happened, but instead he hopped into bed and promptly forgot he had a sister in peril. Shees … some loyalty that cat!

That’s almost about all we did. We did go to the Marine Parent chat … and we said a few things, but mostly just watched. We didn’t feel real involved, or think that too much was going on. It must have been a slow night. And, I don’t think the moderators – there were 5 or 6 – were showing too much pizazze. It could reasonably be argued that’s not their job, but I’ve been in the room when it was better. Since I could not do anything to get it that way … I’m equally to blame. Guess it was one of those days.

I’m feeling more of the same this morning. More blasé. Think we’re just tired. I keep yawning big yawns, and my eyes are weepy from the effort. It’s hard waking up ALL these mornings and not having Sweetie Pie here. Normally by now I would have been in and designated him a half dozen kisses. I miss him. He called last night about 9:30, but it sounded like he had just gotten in from fishing. He hadn’t eaten a proper dinner and it was already time for bed. While we talked other guys came in so the conversation was limited. I think he was really too tired to think constructively. I don’t think he’d caught too many fish yesterday too – weather conditions, so he was a little frumpy. I guess it was like that with all the guys yesterday. Poor fishermen!

If I didn’t know myself better, I would go back to bed for 45 minutes. Just think I’d not wake up. Wouldn’t that be sweet though!??