Visit www.MarineParents.com, a Place to Connect & Share (tm)

Saturday, December 29, 2007

Just tydying up

Good morning. It’s still pretty much morning. The time is just after 10 am. Rich just left about 15-20 minutes ago. We finished reading our post from yesterday … I think we were pretty spacey yesterday and then we lost from about 2 pm on to being in the room. I think Rich didn’t get home until about when? Maybe 8 pm? When did he get home? Maybe then I remember we took a shower and started the dishwasher before he got here – that’s right he called at 5:45 pm and gave us a two hour warning – that’s right he was coming from his son’s. I think we gave him a massage for about an hour and we talked about not too much from his part. He’s still into that part where nothing much is said about the kids

We told him more about what we figured out about the room. This was a very hard thing for us to figure out. For example, without the trace that we have left here, we couldn’t have figured out that we spent 6 hours there straight. We just knew that we were there for a long time. We told him that the one guy had said that people that just hang back and listen are lurkers. I have the feeling that he does a lot of lurking too. But, I don’t think this has to be a bad thing. I think he’s like a protector in the room. I couldn’t remember which of the three alpha males it was though. I’m going to cheat here now and figure it out. Hold on.

Ok, ok … I’m getting it … the first guy is the one that has his sex life out on a shingle. I think he might be an old military person because he’s talked about people being able to carry guns or killing people by mistake and he’s concerned with honor. He’s also a 12-stepper and has been sober for 26 years. He seems to have the love/hate relationship with the main woman who likes to be grouchy. The second guy is the one who watches Dr. Phil and fishes and is divorced. He now lives in his mother’s basement and she’s upset because of him losing so much weight. The third guy seems to be married currently and may be a little uptight and interacts like a room guardian. He hangs back more and talks much less about sex than the first guy maybe … that has to be tested. He’s a guy whose trust you have to earn and its hard to come by.

Ok, here we are not paying too much attention. It’s almost noon so a couple hours have slipped by. First we got interested in our room thoughts – so we spent time thinking about some of the connections … I think at one point or another we've focused on about 120 people. That helps put it in perspective. Toward the end I got a little dozy, but I woke up and finished the task. Then I figured it was 11:30 am so I should have lunch. I got as far as the washroom. I was just finishing up when I heard the door open … man that’s a scare … but, it turned out to be Rich. I didn’t expect him until somewhere between 4-6 pm tonight. I guess he had a change in schedule since he was behind so he was going to spend his down time here. He is in the washroom now and then will get dressed before going to his early games. Then he will come home for dinner with us, and then he will be going out to a card game tonight with “the guys...” I guess the guys are going to be about 20 people or so. I think he’s really looking forward to that. Whoops there he goes … he’s zooming. I’m thinking should I go or not … I’ve got a poor kitty who was interrupted before and who is now comfortable again. I think BF #1 is going to have to kiss me from the computer this time. Poor kitty happens to like being cuddled with or without BFs existence. HMPF!

Oh oh hear the steps … think the crunch moment is coming soon. I feel imminent danger … Will Robinson Danger, Danger! Oh oh Cough … cat turns head. Pressure … Hear the sounds of dressing buttons and belts … oh oh steps … drawers … we should be in there. Coats

Pshwoo ok, he’s out the door … Cat hung tough and WON! Ya got to root for the little guy some times. Rich said to the cat – watch out you are on my bad list now. I guess Rich left an empty plastic bag on the floor in his bedroom and the cat may or may not have umm wet it … and someone probably wasn’t too happy about that situation. So now we have this little war zone thing happening. Yeeks! But best buddy is gone to his game … lucky cats have some latitude here in my arms, because with Rich’s stripes in a normal game, they woulda been thrown outda the game!

Hmpf! Hmpf!

Sheesh! Ok, now we gotta calm down k? Shhhh! Just it was a little tense here for a moment. Shhhh it’s ok.

Ahh nothing like Karen Carpenter. Haven’t heard her for years … Rainy days and Mondays get me down … I was good and depressed with her for a long time … drat her!

Hmm, we’re just shifting our angst!?? Ok, we can calm down. We’ll go back to what we were thinking about. Which was??

Ok … we reread … we were talking about being in the room … there certainly does seem to be a lot of personalities to figure out. I don’t think we’ve added to our little blog over there for quite a bit … I wonder if we could add anything now. It would have to be small excerpts from our regular blog … that might take too much time in finding them. Hmm, maybe we could skim quickly to get the task over with. I do want to put some changes in there to help us keep up or in case someone wants to know where we are at. Ok, we have some hours now, right? Let's see how far we are behind, k?