Visit www.MarineParents.com, a Place to Connect & Share (tm)

Sunday, December 16, 2007

Reasonable Clothing Shopping for Rich in under $2400! WooHOO umm no we didn't use REAL money! That's what makes it Reasonable :)

Good Morning. It’s me again. I know already so soon too. It’s only 4:21 am and I’ve already been up for more than an hour, but I won’t admit to more than that.

Chances are I’d get in trouble with da boss. We’re having a little trouble with you know which kitty because he wants more room than is possible for our fingers to type with. That had been ok, while reading over yesterday’s work, but now is today, ya know? Gotsta be movin along. Fresh coffee? Thanks! Think I will!

I was really surprised that the work done yesterday writing was as fluent as it was … while writing it seemed very unwiley. It was very hard to focus and concentrate, but now it seems that we kept better focus then we had thought. I don’t know exactly how it is we work with parts – I just know that as a whole we think. And, what’s easy for some may not be easy for all. Let me give an example that’s perhaps less obvious than the upset caused by the potential of losing Santa’s morning … Hmm, I guess the first example spotted was the transition between the part who claimed “WooHOO” for welcoming back the stranger who shared dinner with her and was excited to talk about Christmas and the one who reminisced sadly about the loneliness of Christmas. I think it was like our body preparing for “flight” as between that or “fighting.” We’ve been so well trained to give up.

Ok, ok … so you think you are pretty smart … why don’t you shhh for awhile and go on your way … it’s too early for that … oh ok, sure I’m sorry. Didn’t mean anything by it I’m sorry.

Coffee? Hey how’s that kitty sleepin?!

I think the only left of the other day is to get through Dr. Marvin’s appointment and I’m pretty sure that wherever we were we’re not ready to talk about that either at this end of th morning. We’re more in the mood to organize our shopping trip for Rich … I KNOW I KNOW … the one WITHOUT SPENDING MONEY!!!!!!! I don’t really want to
call this our imaginary trip, because its already taking on a reality resemblance to
us. Hmm … why don’t we try calling it our “Reasonable” shopping! That seems better than claiming to be a new-found Bohemian! Hehehe Ok, enough with the Bohemian jokes already! Hmm, Don’t ya think we need some Christmas caroling music?

Ya well, that be some Minnesota-type truism. We got the snow be that special time of the year now that we are barreling down on the day.

Ahh we start of with Guaraldi and the Christmas Song from Charlie Brown Christmas … can’t go wrong there! Tis the season as they say … Lordy, Lordy … where are we going to start! Seems like there oughta be a game plan. Let’s keep in mind REASONABLE … Um like YACHTS? Hard to park in the back? Maybe we should set another balance … ? Hmm… Not so sure of that one … we want to be practical, but like to keep that open now … let’s start off with the mindset that practical will win the heart of sweetie pie!

I think being of imminent shopping mind, we are going to have to come up with a list. I suppose we could go from store to store, but that seems a bit vague, hmm?

Best get the necessities first, and then spot check some extra’s toward the end.

Sweetie would appreciate that shrewdness I’m sure.

Let’s start with that which is nearest and dearest to him. He’s going to need some UNDERWARE! Ya know? We been folding it, but we don’t know his sizes or styles.

That could be a problem. We aren’t even sure of the stores he shops at … We think he might go to a local store though for his under things. He’s probably a Walmart shopper over an Target shopper. Why don’t we head over there first. AND, he’s been talking about Hanes … is that for just the girl, or is that perhaps, something for men too? Seems that it might from my memory be something that Michal Jordan wears.

Well! If it’s good enough for MJ … it’s good enough for my guy … let’s see if Walmart carries it!

Hmm, that’s not good … they have in their big and large size – at I think Rich’s optimal size of 2X 22 items of Hanes goods … most of the items they are selling are A-Shits or boxers neither of which he wears. The one “pack” of four – two is skimpy he might purchase is assorted colors … we’re pretty sure he’d go for just white – and at that they are $17.94. Now … let’s take that show on the road for a sec.

Ok, I think we are going with 2 Hanes 3-Packs Big Crew neck T-shirt 2135X by Hanes Sale Price: $19.16 (20% off) white size 2x from Freshpair (freshpair.com) They also
carry 3x and 4x, but our sweetie will be sizing down. They offer free shipping woohoo. Let’s look here for a half dozen underwear too. Hmm, maybe just a pack of white and maybe a pack of color – they don’t seem as worn out, but maybe the price will be good, we’ll see. We would like to think firm is good for him. Our running total is now $38.32



Hmm, this page has just got the white. So, should we go with a pack of 3 or 6. I like the idea of it matching the other, but I know he’s been wearing the colored stuff because he wears it to the games. At home he’s been wearing the white. Now is it because he’s more comfortable in white – cuz he likes it – the worn view, or is just more stuck with it. Hmm. I think just stuck. I can remember when he got the colored he seemed to be so happy with it. He was pretty sexy about it! Maybe we’ll say just 1 set of 3 Big & Tall cotton basic briefs 249x by Hanes sale price $14.36 20% 2x white at freshpair (freshpair.com) unless we find there’s nothing else. But, I’m sure we’ll find some color! Ahh pre-shrunk cotton! Running total $52.68



Ooh nice!

Hmm, no colored Basic Briefs for Hanes or Fruit of the Loom at least not at Fresh Pair and for the moment I am thinking they’ve got a pretty fair number of choices let’s look around here a bit. They seem to have quite a few underwear choices.

Let’s go through some of them. WoW! I’m pretty sure he’s not going with BIKE and Hanro is like $68 fine sporty knit boxers … I don’t think so.





Not my guy.

Hmm, in a pinch Hugo Boss makes a traditional brief in black/white/grey for a sale price of $16.50 (sale price 25%). WOW!! I’d like to get him in one of those … Magic SILK offers a big man boxer shorts (4204) for $35.00 in either black or red … that’s HOT! I’d like to lay those out for him hehehe.



Is he hangin heavy?

Oh my … maybe we should talk to Rich about this … “Male Power” underwear company is doing something here with pouch shorts, mesh wonder bikini’s and mesh wonder thongs, that we’re very interested in!! WOOHOOO!! Reasonable TOO $15-16 Man let’s put that on the list, which one hmm … we want to make Rich comfortable. Maybe the thong would be too much like to see him in that wonder bikini, but the pouch shorts, look mighty fine too! Ok, we’ll go with Rich’s comfort  $16, cha-ching! Running total $68.68 By the way this last item comes in a hot red!



Oh man we’re just letting Rich up for a V-8!

Patagonia has a black and a blue brief, but it’s more an active sports brief … Rich uses his for sport’s so we’ll consider it, but it doesn’t look like it has a place for peeing and it looks like its cut a bit short. It comes in XXL, but besides the “Pat” part I’m really unfamiliar with the brand. Ahh, it has another active brief WITH the pocket, but again “short.” It does come in gray and black, but not fulfilling my lifelong fantasies.

Huh … this is interesting. Maybe something worth a look. Players puts out a “Tricot Nylon Men’s Brief NBR1” for $10 or $27 for a 3 pack. And, do you want to know the cool part??? TWELVE ENTIRE COLORS! YUP YUP … CAN’T BELIEVE IT! There’s nothing like a mix like what Rich has got, but listen to this. White, black, navy, burgundy, red, brown, royal blue, forest green, gold, PURPLE, silver, and tan.

Hmm. They are supposed to be amazingly lightweight, have a distinctive stitched-row waistband, quick-drying and are ideal for traveling, PLUS Quote have “full bottom coverage” Can’t go wrong with that! Well, I’m pretty sure we need to try some of that! I think we passed on that other expensive red silky number, but why don’t we try just one red now … and … hmm, can we pass up on a passionate purple? WooHOO … that’s right the sexy male power shorts came in red too. So why don’t we try just ONE of these! Ok, one purple Players briefs! Running total … $78.68 … damn we’re not even out of the UNDERWEAR AISLE!





My Granddaughter’s will understand this one day, right?

We better get the hell outta here. Sorry Rich … your gonna have to make do this year. Let’s be moving on.

I would like to see getting you something fine now for the next layer of clothes.

This is going to be very counfusing … sox? Oh man … Ok, we got “reasonable money ” Just ½ dozen pairs though … no cheating … let’s check on hanes again, k? I guess you to be a male about 10 ½. Ouch that’s kinda expensive. We were going to stick with Freshpair and the free shipping and go with a cotton classic 3-pack of Calvin Klein 3-Pack (A9495) … Ahh what the heck. I’m sure you might get a better price, but let’s go with $16 per pack and get 2 – k? Cuz ya know … as sturdy as some of your bruty socks are … we want something very good on your achy breaky feet. … these are designed for breathability and dryness – 95% cotton and 5 % lycra for stretch and security. One size fit all … that will be a running total of $110.68 AND, we’ve made it OUT of the Underwear aisle!! WOOHOO!!



Good … it’s now 6:10 and we’re about up to another cup of coffee and a trip to the
washroom … figure you are good for at least another hour of our shopping. Hehehe Don’t try to worm me out of our secrets early … our mouth and it’s many forms are zipped up tight!

OK, ok … I snuck back to the underwear, but I didn’t pickup anything else. I PROMISE!!!

So, we were on to clothing, right? What in God’s Earth do I know about Men’s clothing?

Hmm, think we’re going to play on a hunch and out of about a dozen choices … we’ll shop a big and tall man’s shop and we’ll stop first at Hajjar’s … that sounds like a nice place. Hmm? I think I’ve heard of it before … we’ll see once we walk in if we like it and stay.

Ok, don’t like the whitish background, but impressed there are big brands, sales, and plenty of categories as well as searchs by items, brands, and a verisign secured symbal, plus the normal tabs. It seems well established. Let’s look down the categories of men’s clothing. Which of the 19 might he wear. Ok, here’s where a good check-list helps.

Sports shirts ok … knit sports shirts – maybe, casual pants – definitely, dress pants and dress shirts … like to give it a stab. Suits and sport coats … man that be cooking. Jeans … ok might give us a reprieve from the fancier stuff. And, for our first outing … we might find ourselves wanting to stay and the same store. I think we are going to stay with the same size at about 2x … and 17 comes to mind for a shirt, but I have absolutely no idea where that number comes from … I’ll consider that more later on when I see sizes in comparison. Ok, NO Swimwear . Maybe Next year we make that 100 pound lost Cruise we heard about at one time *giggle* … we’ll take a look at those accessories – might pick up something fun. I think we’ll look into fleece and job sets to see if there is something for new pjs, but skip the waling shorts and tee shirts. Hmm, maybe something new in t-shirts for fishing though? Hm,, just a sec there. Be fun to look in outerwear too. I don’t think Rich wears sweaters, but sometimes he gets cold … so let’s check in there too. I’m not sure what urban wear is … so we’ll just peak in there. We’ll leave shoes to him … he seems set there … unless we can get slippers! Maybe we can train the kitties to bring them to him when he walks in! Hehehe. Not sure what ProTeam Apparel is And I don’t think he needs work wear. But, there might be something in clearance, but thinking by then we’ll be shopped to the bone!

I think we are going to need to stop for the day with clothes shopping … that’s going to be a lot to go through for one day, but we’ll try and pace ourselves.

Right now its 7:08 and we’re thinking that Rich is going to be up soon. He said that we should let him wake up on his own. I’m going to take a quick peek to see what urban wear is and then get right to the what? What should we shop for first at hajjar’s? I think I’m not going to really worry about Brand’s here because I don’t know what’s what. We usually go moderate. I can skim what I see and suppose dockers are cheaper than Polo Ralph Lauren *Silly Girl* I like to have a lot of order about me … like starting from the inside out made sense … so why don’t we check out pjs next. That’s a sort of inner wear, k?

Ok, This is a tough place to start, because the first item we were drawn to was a limited selection of new bottoms that would be of low cost sweat-like and comfortable, but kinda nice … and I wanted to get into their easy shopping system of helping me choose clothing items to go with things.

I liked the type of White Mountain Traders Sueded Jersey Crew that was suggested to go with the pants and I lost site of the pants in choosing colors of the shirt.

Although my first choice was obviously the sage – one of my favorite colors, I wasn’t sure if it was Rich’s … I also looked at the wine, but though that was too much like the red fleece that he already had. I liked more and more the slate blue – that looked more light purple (plum) because I thought it’s paleness would bring out the pale blue in my baby’s eyes … it seemed the same kind of menu as the fleece that he likes so much. It reads, “sueded cotton jersey V-notch insert contrast stitching sueded tape split bottom rib cuff. I’m not sure what all that means. I think the sueded is like the leathery softness inside the neck and all – jersey means it’s long sleeve, v-notch means it’s got a v-stitched design in the front – what they are calling contrast stitching is the outline stitching like we used to do to bind the towels, split bottom means just that – but that it is even front to back, and it sounds it traced in suede tape and I would have to trust that is good.

Last, I think Rich would like the rib cuffs because it is soft and warm. It usually goes for $32.95, but the sale is for $24.99 – the price seems reasonable. New running total $135.67

Ok … now for the bottoms. I like the Nautica’s as to outer appearance and promise of fleece, but I don’t like the price of $69.50 for Pj’s. I don’t think our love will go for that. Let’s take a look at that 50/50 blend … oh yeah … that’s the one it’s a 50/50 blend of cotton and polyester. I was afraid it was going to be some nylon mix that wouldn’t breath while he slept. This one states it is a full but for comfort too. It comes in his size and it comes in black, which matches very well with the plum running total when adding $26.95 is a reasonable $162.62



Nice, hmm? Just his style!

Ok, ok … that’s enough window shopping. No time to dawdle … more shopping please … oh man we are good shoppers! What’s next? Oh yeah … what’s urban wear? Hmm … it just shows one pair of Denim Cargo Pants – basically jeans with a low pocket … I’m not going for that … let’s check out that other iffy category see if we can knock out another quicky. Naw it’s pro athletic teams, but they only offer 8 outfit choices, and I don’t see where it says, which teams they are supporting except the one’s they are picturing, which is mostly the patriots … no thanks. For richer or poorer … were still BEARS people.

Sheese … we stopped by at the clearance aisle. Found a fairly nice shirt but it’s just mostly nice and its marked down from $82 to $61.95 … I didn’t know it was like that! Maybe we better do more lookin. Ahh, we need a new one of these too! This is a Foxfire long sleeve flannel for the winter weekends. There were 4 colors offered. I knocked the burgundy and green out right away. I’m now stuck between the blue and tan. I’m almost floated over to the tan (with red), but I just noticed that it didn’t have the collar buttons and I think those are almost nicer for Rich.

I’ve watched him buttoning them before he heads out and I think there’s something manly about it. I don’t know. I think with this one and at that nice price, I will buy both – ask him to choose, and I will take the loser back, unless he wants to keep both – they are just enough different and the price is only $28 so for now running total $218.62



For $28 … and a lot of fishing ahead make sense to get both, right?

Oh man o man … I’m glad I looked in the sweaters. If I get not another stitch of clothing I’m going to want this one. It would be sooooo gorgeous on my sweetie ….

Oh those dusty eyes would shine, his sporty hair would glisten, and his, sheepish smile would sweep women off their feet! Huh! That’s not a good idea! Well … Maybe let’s make that work just for me. I know this is a more expensive item, but it must at $79 dollars go on the list … and let’s say a God Bless for the color of Indigo!

This next item is a Vintage Washed ½ zipped 100% cotton cable front cable crew sweater! The two flannels and the sweater will look great with his jeans. Running Total $297.62



What a beaut!

Man I could almost stop shopping here, but my baby … oh man … he deserves this and so much more. He’s like my modeling clay today WOOHOOO!!! I’m so desirous! WoooHOOO!

Hmm, we went through about 54 outer coats and the one that really held my attention for Rich was the one I’m about to present. It is a Claiborne Faux Shearling Jacket. The details are 29 1/2” Zip Jacket w/ Sherpa Pile Lining No Fill on sale for $126.75 from $169. That seems to be in a good range for a nice men’s jacket. I thought it was classy and something that would wear well with the style that rich carries. I’m not sure if a Claiborne, a faux or any of the other labels that come with this jacket are really desirable on the market or not. I like the color, the cleaness and the heartiness of the jacket all rolled up in one … I don’t know … are there other opinions? A jacket is a personal thing, so we’ll try this to hold the money and in the meantime we’ll keep the receipt just in case, but sweetie, I think it look wonderful on ya and that marvelous sandy brown boyish hair of yours!

Running total $424.37.



Babe just snap your fingers and the world is yours!

Ok, ok … He’s going to kill us on these next two choices, but if he’s out with his boss or Sean these items won’t go unnoticed … we are goin to have sweetie … bypass the cost SOMEHOW maybe by subterfuge, but I’d like his soft ever so touchable neck and fingers to be cofered in cashmere … so we’ve chosen from Raffi 2 tone glove with a luxurious feel in the color of expresso for $72 and … please don’t fall out, we can attach them by strings, ok, we’ll get the metal clasps! Wait, wait, I’m not done yet. I know your not a hat person, but we’ve seen you in scarfs … we’re going like I said cashmere so we’re looking at also a Ruffi quality Herringbone Scarf for $85 in the color of oyster. Oh yah … that’s what we’re doing. Don’t even look at this price increase. Thank God Christmas is just once a year, hmm? Think baby … your worth every reasonable cent I spend! Running total $581.37



I better lotion you up!

Ok, now this next item – there is probably some mystery or rule-making, but I’m not aware of all that … so we’re going to add in here just a guess … this is an Aquarius 1 ¼ “ Leather Belt … Yours is a bit umm used up? Is that the proper term? We’re now in the accessory aisle trying to avoid the pants and shirts and suits. That stuff is a little scary, but we’re going to do that to in a moment … for now we’re going to add the belt at $26 … it is going to be Black opposed to cordovan, but your going to need slippin us a whisper to let us know the inches, k? Good Rich!

Running total $607.37



At this point … we’re going to throw in just one pair of Levi’s 505 Regular fit Jeans. I think you need a new pair, but I know you wear them just on the weekends and for fishing. I’ll let you pick out the size. I know all that’s a guy thing.

Might have to go with a “reasonable” card to the store with you  … the jeans are about $54.95 … these look like the kind you would wear. I could see me feeling you up in them … that’s fair to me! Running total $662.32.



Ok, we’re really getting down to brass tax. I think we’re going to jump down and help pick you out a new suit and or sport coat. I don’t even know if you brought one with. I think I’ve only ever seen you in one or two. Ok, this is a big deal.

Let me be serious. I think there is only about 16 to choose from … I needed a limited number for the first time … let me see if there is something I like for you. Ok, this might not be significant as to coloring, but there was only this one style that appealed to me. I think though that the one suit our lover’s been wearing has been blue, so I didn’t want to get another. I would like to see the nice crip grey and I liked the multi charcoal. I thought the black was too much for Rich. He’s a softer person, but he’s too new to the suit world to go Taupe. I liked these options very much. Ok, well now for the description part. You will be happy to know that I have very good taste in suits I don’t go just any old suit, ok … You still breathing, ok now breath …. Relax. This is a Lauren by Ralph Lauren 100% Natural Stretch Wool 2 button Notch lapel center vent suit constructed for total comfort. It was originally way expensive at $439, but they’ve brought it down all the way to $399. See … DEAL!!! You get to choose between plain or pleated front too … see … good stuff! Ok, now this is a big shopping trip … you gotta remember that … we’re pulling out the works … all the from unders to outers and back inners … so with that in mind we’re up to a running total of 1460.32.



We’re pretty sure Hajjar’s is going to give us SOME kind of discount for large quantity shopping … sometimes you just gotta get their private shopping card, hmm?

Ok, it looks like with dress shirts you get the tie with the shirt, so let’s see what’s going on there and if we can get something to match that we like. So far … so good.

Holy Corimbo … that took some effort … we’re going to now parade past you the effort of finding shirts and ties we liked … sometimes you had to settle for one to get the other … the thing was to expose yourself to different to get things that matched hehehe … the outstanding balance? Man –o-man we’re now up to a running total of $1800.32 so a supply of 7 dress shirts and 7 dress ties that mixed and matched with one suit, or the other, or both cost a total of $340.00 … I don’t consider that all a bad deal. Of course you’ll find a lot of other shirts, but that’s all your going to get at this store. Just got a few more casual clothes to pick up … maybe we’ll do clothes shopping for about $2 grand … not so bad for a well dressed stud! I can’t believe how much fun that was, but I think if I were in a real store, I’d go bezerk!
















Ok, ok … Pshwoo … that wasn’t really hard after all. I went through the casual pants pretty quick and found just one set – two colors that I really liked. I liked the Dockers Side Elastic Pleated Twill 100% cotton no wrinkle, pleated twill pants – one set khaki and one set black … hands down not a doubt in my mind. They are going for a real reasonable price too at $55 each bringing our running total to $1910.32.

We’re not going to stay under $2000, but we’ll be close. Our guy will be totally outfitted!

Oh man … he’s so cool. Ok, let’s get some tops and get ourselves home to diet coco! WOOOOHOOO!!!! We’re done for the day!!!! Oh man o man … let’s total up the damage to our American expressomagination! I think there were four or five color combination for the two colored pair of dockers. Here it is! Ok, Four sets – so eight shirts that’s fair! Wow! Just put it all together on one page … That’s some major shopping … Not sure what we accomplished, but we feel we know our honey closer to something we never knew of him before. I never shopped for any man like this before. I never, ever, ever bought an underwear, shirt or pant for my husband.

Pretty amazing isn’t it. His mother bought every stitch. Damn … I could have done … He could have done … Pretty sure Rich could, but … if he would let me … we could do it. Wow, I could really shop for him! I think I could do it! The whopping running total? WOOHOO!!! Kept it under $2,400 – It’s only $2,314.77. The eight shirts were … $404.45. That seems a little steep, but they are mens. It’s just the way the cookie crumbles! I thought of it as my blacks, my blues, my browns, and my reds.









5 pm by the time we finished posting. We're pretty tired. Just can't figure I'll ever be able to give my guy enough. Is it normal to want to play dress up? Or, take the clothes off ... well, you know we go either way ;) Nitey nite and Merry Christmas my Darlin Dear ... Still under $20!!!