Visit www.MarineParents.com, a Place to Connect & Share (tm)

Thursday, December 13, 2007

First part of the day Thurs

Good morning. This is me. I’m at work today. It’s taken me about 40 minutes to settle in. It’s about 8:20 am now. I am going to be doing two circles groups today and one for staff training. Pshwoo … I’ll be grouped out. But, I think I’m ready for all three … just have to arrange papers before each. Sue was complaining that her group hadn’t been in for a month. I don’t think so, because they have the yellow circle done, but I admit that I’ve lost track. I know that one of those weeks sister asked me to cancel and one of those weeks was the Thanksgiving party – so it hasn’t all been my fault. I checked my schedule and one of those days I had off, but that’s 3 weeks not 4 weeks. Sue made it seem like it was my fault. HMPF … I hate to have that kind of thing dumped on me. She hasn’t been around to be sending in Jessica either, so she’s behind in that goal and so she hit me with that today so I have that to deal with today as well. Well, I guess then my day is planned. I don’t feel as bad for writing then some of this other time.

So, to catch you up a little … After the last post, I asked Sweetie Pie if he would tuck us in and he did. That was really nice of him. I fell asleep about 4 pm and I woke up at 5:30 pm and I heard him in the kitchen – so he had gone and come back without my conscious awareness of it. He’s my championship. I felt bad for the guys though. I guess Bob was back with his old girl friend and she had not told them exactly it was a craft sale … she pushed him to put up the lures anyway, because there might be some guys or some guy shopping being done. I guess after Rich got there … Bob said … let’s go get a beer, but they only serve non-service guys beer in smaller plastic cups hehehe – not quite the big beer guzzling deal. So anyway I figure Sweetie was gone for about an hour – and he was without a buzz. But, just as loveable as ever anyway J

We had to get over the confusion for how dinner was going to go down … He was going to eat turkey soup and he was putting the turkey in for one of his workshops. Isn’t he soooo cool! I decided to have a serving of the Optima and broth. I tried the Optima on ice and the broth heated up to 2 min and 45 sec. that seemed pretty good. We put each of them in our tall plastic drink cups … that seems optimal, but we have to worry about going through them too fast between dishwasher loads. I don’t want to spoon from a bowl broth though. I teased Rich for having a high maintenance soup because he had to keep spooning where we were just sipping. He said that he’s going to go back more to the rice dinners … I hate to see him loosing out on the dinners he enjoyed cooking for the two of us, but I understand where he is going. He knows he has to lose weight and most immediately at least 15 pounds to fit comfortably into his current pants.

We’ve done weigh-in’s the last couple of days … My starting weight was 330 at home, but yesterday I was 325.4 and today it was 323.0. Sweetie was 296.4 and today 294.6 … I think or pretty close to there. I wrote it down at the kitchen table so we keep an official score … I think it was great that we both lost weight between the two measurements … it was a great start! I think I’m a little behind my water this morning, but I got all three bottles drank each of the last two days … it is a bit of effort to keep tabs on it. I’ve not been feeling hungry and we’ve enjoyed the foods we’ve been eating YES including the popsicles and fudgecicles – all diet of course. I think I’m pretty close to that 750 calories. I might want to do a double take to check that out. Hmm, that would be 750 with all we’ve been eating and TWO popsicles!!! That’s a pretty good deal. AND, once we get down so we can walk a little further we are going to have to add exercise.

Oh … that’s something … we started using the step counter again, but we haven’t done too many steps yet. We’ve just gone from the house … to a close parking spot, to back to the office that’s only 136 steps. The Dr. had written in her note that we were going to do 10,000 steps … I think in our best days we had done 8000 steps and in our regular slow days it was like 750 steps. We’ll have to start focusing on that again. I’m pretty sure the zoo closes at 5 pm though … maybe plan on that again for at least the weekends … and probably a good idea to use the tread mill too? Man … sweetie be real glad to hear that … Ok, let’s not scare the system … let’s see how many steps we get in a normal day and then plan to check out with a “comfortable improvement of steps tomorrow on the stair stepper, then we could talk to sweetie about the zoo over the weekend. Maybe I’ll check now for their special holiday hours.

Woo HOO Holiday Magic … it says that the zoo remains open until 9 pm, which is on weekends in December and all week December 26-31 (except for Christmas Eve). That’s pretty cool … I like that … otherwise … it’s daily 10 – 5 pm. Don’t know much what to do about those hours. Weekends are ok, especially in December, but man weekdays are out. We really have to talk again about the medicine exchange for gym membership. Let’s get through Christmas though … there is only 12 days now. If I could just get something done on weekdays with a club membership – pool or weight machines, I would be very happy. AND, we haven’t gotten out of the gym membership … we’ll need more information on that. I think that the Dr. Prensky, the new psychiatrist is going to be pushing the exercise part. That’s ok, I don’t mind pushing on either good eating or good exercise. This is what we are here for. He was also sticky on the part of me wanting to get down to 140. He states that most people set goals that are too high I explained to him that my original weight 9 years ago was 140 so … why shouldn’t it be my normal weight. Most of the people that are heavy have been heavy their entire adult life, but with me that wasn’t the case. He was like, yah, but…

I don’t like his standardization of everything with a negative tinge. I’m thinking that I have to play his game though until I get past him. Otherwise he will put a negative mark on my papers. He’s just not like Dr. Marvin … he’s hold a power trap on me. Hmm, kind of yucky on my part isn’t it. I just don’t have a clear idea that he’s on my side. I don’t want to make him defensive it’s just that I want to be as optimistic as I want to be … why should anyone tell me less. Sure tell me the odds aren’t with me, but then man, like let it go … I haven’t gotten this far by playing the odds! OK< OK … Shhhh, that’s enough … let’s calm it down. Dr. Marvin tonight, k?

Ok, now its 15 minutes later and I got about 10 minutes left before the 3 groups. I got my bag ready for the first two groups. I think I got everything I need. Pays to be ready. It looks like neither group went through the orange circle with the kids so we’ll do that today. WooHOO!! Hmm, better figure out the water situation. I’m only finishing up my first bottle now … I’ll have to figure out whether or not I should bring with me the second bottle. I think I’m too busy for water, but maybe I’ll take the bottle down to fill up … that’s a good idea … hmm? Good, good.

Anything else? Just thinking a minute about Sweetie’s weight. I don’t know what his daughter thought or he thought of it being so high when she is visiting and they will be going out to nice places. He will have to be very conscious between it to pull it down. He knows we’re serious now. I was a little disappointed a minute ago … I just asked Brandi as she flew through here about her liquid diet and she gave me a few mumbled things so I know she’s not really on it, though she might have had some tea. Hmpf! We’ll have to work harder on that one. She’s either going to be in it with us or she isn’t … but no fair being a waiverer. Ok, ok … better get going … the group will be excited. BRB.