Visit www.MarineParents.com, a Place to Connect & Share (tm)

Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Short Sprint

Good morning, this is me. WooHoo … Group was cancelled for today! Shoot, this isn’t very professional yet is it. Damn. We’re working on it. Basically, any time I can get to be working on things at my own pace rather than structured … I’m like all for that. It’s the same problems as usual. I have problems concentrating.

When I get into things I’m good, but getting there is terrible. Yesterday, we finally did get into work, but not the work, we’d planned. We got a book in our mail and we read about 50 pages of it because it had to do with learning and that was what we were concentrating on. We were still trying to make sense of the CR information. We had gone from there from reading more information from the IL State Department of Education and our old Program Development Guide. We’re trying to mix all that with the new information coming in from the CR. I think this is like being in Zoo-loo land.

As to being weight conscious – we did ok until about 2:30 pm. We didn’t have our third fruit and we started thinking excessively about the candy bars for sale up front. We ended up eating two of them. We then grabbed 4 pieces of taffy candy on the way out thinking it would prevent us from eating a third chocolate. When we got home we were crazy hungry. We took both containers of leftovers from Sunday T-day and finished them off. It was more than we should have had, especially in the amount of Sweet potatoes with marshmallows and brown sugar we were eating. We didn’t have anything after that, except a diet lemonade slushie.

This morning we had two bananas, ate a full bowl of cereal, and brought 3 fruit.

The bananas were small, but it is still overeating. I’m not managing the quantity of cereal well. I think that I get frustrated with the pressures that I’m feeling … like having to switch over for work and such. Even though now I am doing the switchover more gradually with the blogging. I feel these things as a great amount of stress. I worry about what I am going to do with the stress coping after the operation if I’m not eating … could there be something else? I don’t know … I will look forward to my next meeting with Dr. Marvin. We’ll need to talk more about this. *Sigh* But, we’ll need to take care of ordering the medicine through the mail order too. It seems like it’s a go with Sweetie too. He asked about it this morning.

Ok, on to the work blog – trying to keep the OH blog short. We can do this, right?

Oh one more thing. We did spend about 50 minutes in the room this morning. We spoke to a few people we’re familiar with. During the last part, we more listened and didn’t feel part of the conversation. I need to work with feeling more comfortable with being me.

Ok, that’s been posted over to the OH blog. Now for the continuation to the regular blog. We’re going to need focusing on setting our agenda for the day and then doing what we’re supposed to be doing. I think it would be a good idea to get in some work at Maria’s group as long as we don’t have to do Sue’s CIRCLES group this afternoon. Hmm, why wasn’t using this morning too? Maybe I should set a couple of goals. I could do Maria’s group at 10-11:15 am. Then I could go back to that always pending goals and annual of C. wouldn’t that be something if I could get it done? No excuse in that I have an entire afternoon to get the work done. Tomorrow is an off day, in that I have the meeting in Elgin to go to. It’s between 10-12.

Today I might try to get directions. I also have to check on some medical appointments. There have been messages left on my recorder. There are 3 doctor offices that have left messages on my machines, but they left hard to hear names, not the doctor’s offices names themselves, so I’m not sure all who has called. I will wait though until after 9 am – it’s 8:30 am now.

Hmm, what else for today … Think we could do two observations, but is that too much? Probably … better to do one at a time and wait for the surprises. We still are way behind in the recording of the sessions. I’m backed up with the DSP Chrononotes. Ok, let’s not go there again. *Sigh*

So, are we going to gift ourselves the next 1 ½ hours to be doing freelance work?

Jeese … I can’t believe you get by with this. It should be a crime. Maybe I should go back into the IL State Education site. I’m thinking that I’m going to have to get a bigger handle on things.

Ahh Ava Maria – by Jewel … it’s beautiful.

Ok … I’m going in there for the big stuff … doing work.