Visit www.MarineParents.com, a Place to Connect & Share (tm)

Monday, October 15, 2007

Things were more settled later in the day

Good morning. This is me. We’re at work and it’s now 8:15 am. We’ve been catching up with the news. Been watching the Nobel Prize winners this last week. There were a lot of Americans this year. It’s very interesting to see the cusp of recognized progress in the world. That is what I take the prize to be. I’ll let you know if we’re ever up for it  Ok, ok … maybe not for a while yet. There’s encouragement … one guy in the science area is like 90-91 years old. True there is nothing in there for psychology, but that’s but a short-sight of their vision. Maybe one day.

We had a very good night with sugar bear … that was until we fell asleep just about the time we were getting to the fun part. We watched a couple of movie … the first was an Adam Sandler on something like “The longest Yard.” And, then the second, he finally conceded – we were begging to watch the Martha one where she’s a German chef who inherits her niece. He admitted that it was better than his choice, but I’m not sure if it was his type of movie. He asked afterward, “Ok, so what was the point?” Wasn’t sure that something designated as entertainment had to have a point, but I got that he missed the beauty of the show. *Sigh*

We had his famous salad, which was very good and he made two more of those very snazzy apple pies – the miniatures. I guess he did that after I’d fallen asleep during the last 5 minutes of the game – Bears that is. It looked like they weren’t going to win so he had started fooling with the TV. We’re having trouble hooking up the DVD. Or, at least Rich is … its way over my head. I think it would be easier if the TV wasn’t 23 years old. *Sigh* we know it works, because he did it once, but he hasn’t figured it out since. We watched the movie on the computer, which means the seating isn’t as good, but in a pinch … it will do.

Ahh … just took a moment to read that Tankersley article we posted yesterday. We had printed it out here at work.

Sorry short-circuited there … felt sick like our stomach was too empty or other. We ate an apple … we’re still a little dizzy. The only thing different this morning is that we used Ben Gay before we left for work. We had run out of the patches and it is what Rich had available. It smells. I’m glad that Candace isn’t in yet … we don’t know what to make of submitting other people to our nasty medicine stuff.

Doesn’t seem quite fair, but I’m not sure the alternatives. I think they have a Ben Gay, that isn’t supposed to smell so much. But, I don’t think it is as good on my knee as the other – the patch. I don’t like that this smell is now absorbed into our ACE bandage either.

There is one more concern here slight at the moment, but a little scary. I had the first initial feelings of our hips hurting. That would mean in my book that those too could give up to arthritis. The only thing worse than loosing another area to joint disease is the thought of loosing our fingers to it. Just wouldn’t know what to do. I like to think we’re moving enough to keep them at bay, but I think typing is extra use that might push on the fingers more. I certainly do my share. I’m not going to talk about this now … maybe it is something that just came over me once and now has gone away … but, if it does come back we can mark today October 15th when all that began. We’re also trying to stay away with the thought that maybe people with arthritis die earlier. That’s not happening, right?

Ok … just checked my diabetic client … at 9:30 she was at 62. We gave her the juice. She should be ok. Sr. came back to say there were a couple of the leadership guys she’s left in back. I think she might have sent their staff to the soup kitchen with the volunteers. The one’s asked a couple of questions that he should have been able to figure out. I think he’s a little dependent. I want to encourage them to work independently, because that is what Sr. Theresa thought they could do. We’ll see. I can’t imagine that the staff gave them much to do. Sister was going out and she said she sent Rich to some meeting.

In other news, I would like to get some work done. Maybe we could get something set up … the Uncle is supposed to be here in about 15 minutes. Almost hate to have him back here with the smell, but the small office works toward my advantage. It represents to me at this point a smaller meeting. I reviewed over the notes and Sr. had a few to add as well. I think we’re going to have the client come in too since it is her meeting, though if she doesn’t come in the uncle will be a little more frank with me as to the home situation. I’d like to ask what is going on with communication home to the mother. I’ve been told by someone to ask the uncle, but I’m not sure why. We’ll see.

Ok, what’s the work end of things going on here.