Visit www.MarineParents.com, a Place to Connect & Share (tm)

Sunday, October 14, 2007

Huh. Oh yeah and the BEARS too!

Good morning. Or, at least early afternoon. It’s already 11:30 am. I’m very late today. We’re back to looking like the spacy person. I think the real difference is if I breathe through my nose or my mouth. Somehow being able to use my nose makes me feel much better. I guess the mouth all these years has been my poorer alternative. But, I’m not going to get into that, Snuggly Bear is due back in an hour and then we are supposed to watch the Bears together. We’re washing dishes and we just finished folding and putting away towels. A shower will be handy too. Let’s make that at 12:15 am. Works good for me! As late as we can make it and still getting it in before fishyman comes home.

Rich just called from the car. He just left his mothers house. I guess it was raining so instead of fishing with Bud, he spent the morning with them. He was a little wound up. He described the arguing that went on between his mother and bud.

She doesn’t hear well, so she speaks over him and he’s trying to get in a word edgewise, so he’s interrupting her. It’s suppose to be a back and forth see-saw. I think Rich took a moderator’s role. Hehehe. He did say something about his mother claiming how lucky it was that she married Bud. So, I guess the arguing isn’t all serious. Just the way couples grow together in age.

I suppose when Rich and us get old, he is going to be saying … “Woman put on your clothes!” And, I’ll be saying, “Did you say, let’s have sex, because you know I’m ready tiger!” It’ll go back and forth … “I’ll put on my clothes after you come!” And, he’ll say, “Come here dear … let me help you with your nightgown. You have to be dressed … It’s time to start the dish washer!” “No, no, no!!” “Shh, calm dear, you can do it!”

You know stuff like that. I wonder if Rich will let my kids get to know him some day. They will see maybe how mean he is to me. Start dishwasher AND fold towels AND No Sex. That’s two jobs, no fun and all he has to do is visit his mother – plus, she feeds him! How rough can that be?

Ok, ok girls. Let’s calm down sugar bunny will be here soon. Let’s get some thoughts down, k?

Hmpf!

Ok, so as a review … I think the last time we were writing, we were … let me look … AHA! Just before the big date. Well, let me tell you … until the battery wore out on the special cart … we were having a pretty cool time! Well, that and before Rich spent too much time in front of the raisons and such. Sometimes, he gets very invested in his food choices. I was like, umm ok whatever let’s choose something and just move on. *Sigh*

Hehehe … but, that is more than a tease than a complaint. Seriously, I can’t believe that I was shopping again. I think we were at a Dominick’s, but it was beautiful. It had a very homey smell and looks. It was warm and inviting with it fruits, veggies, flowers, deli’s and breads. I think that stuff was at either end and allowed you to circle around stations of food, so it varied the pattern of walking up and down aisles. We still did that part, but it was a blur to me.

The first part turned out to work pretty easily. The customer service desk was open. She said that we just had to walk up and take one of the little buggies.

They were extremely easy to learn and they had a nice size basket attachment, so Rich just put groceries in my cart and he did the searching. I tried not to break his attachment and just patiently follow him, but I was in the midst of so many new nuances. I can’t tell you how many years I haven’t shopped. Now Rich is saying that he’s going to send me out shopping. Hehehe. Well, maybe that would work a little … still couldn’t reach the high stuff without standing nor get the groceries out of the cart and there would be lifting to the car … and timing with Rich to get them up the stairs, and such. I think I could be a better partner than the main shopper. Though maybe it would be fun to pick up one or two items. That wouldn’t strain our system too much.

I don’t know what either of us made out of the whole event. He’s really had a dominant role in the food choices and I don’t know if he wants to give that up.

He’s in kind of a space when he shops and I think somehow that’s been important to him. But, I don’t know the balance between chore and synchronicity with the universe. Hehehe Silly rich. I suppose since the actual bliss of making all those choices isn’t my main excitement, I should concentrate on being with him, but not a detriment to him. I think that would take a while to work through. It’s really a big brand new thing to both of us. Man what a trip. It’s like meeting a whole new Rich. He’s so fascinating to me … I think it benefits both that I can stand sideways to him and relate in more of an observational mode. It’s better than always being competitive. It’s like sweetie … this is your experience, I’m only here to make you happy. Tell me what you want me to do!

I don’t know if life could always be that simple, but you know just as long as we’re allowed to have some of these kind of times, where I can sit back and write about stuff, we’re fine. AND, we had a very good reading session this morning. That restores my faith in me. Need to be reading more often. I think we’re going to try pushing that with Rich tonight. He says he has to do stuff on the computer later, but that we’re going to have a taco salad … WooHOOO that’s now one of my favorite meals. I know that I should be reading the grant stuff … so we’ll be a good Ann and try that. At least as long as we have enough to do the writing. Like we said … a very late start today.

Last night we did some good co-stuff with Rich … First there was the meeting him at the tire place. We got back there after the other errands and I guess they couldn’t fix it because he has some lock on the tires and he doesn’t know where the keys are. Yeeks! That could be a problem. And, then we went to the oil place and sat around there. Nothing too exciting … Rich was kind of provoked by it … he didn’t like the sitting part, where I was like … dum, de dum dum de dum here we are sitting with our sweetie pie! Can’t go wrong there.

After that was the shopping trip, oh and we stopped at a little store, because he needed to pick up a Sunday newspaper. Ohh and I forgot that part … we went downtown to his BC shop where we could pick up some tape and about 15 boxes. I had asked for about 3 because I wanted to pack up the dishes on top of the closet that was taking up space. It was nice to just talk on the way down … I don’t recall at the time what we talked about. There were no problems, I know that.

After we got back, I did the dishwasher stuff and he put away groceries. I think he had to make a couple of trips. And, he was eager to get the dinner started.

Jumping to the conclusion of that story – it was soooo good. I’ve learned that I DO like sauerkraut … wow that’s a hard word to spell! He put it on some kind of roast that cooked in the oven and just fell apart. And, there were dumplings too. I
think this was one of Rich’s favorite kind of Bohemian meals. And, he felt very good about being able to have it. He says, yes his mother cooks it too, but his is better. Hehehe … silly kid! He says you always have to say, “Yes Mom, your’s is always best though.” He didn’t point out why, but I think he knows its always special when your mother cooks for you. My poor kids are so deprived here, but let’s not stick to the negative. That will be one of my favorite things when Rich finally lets my kids come over for dinner. I sure hope it happens one day. I’ll be in nirvana. Maybe then I will be able to be patiently waiting for Rich to do his stuff and there will be one of the boys just talking with Rich and us. WOW! And, then they will see how well taken care of we are. Many what a day to celebrate …

Just one more year, right?!

There were a couple of other things happening too. Rich was doing the laundry and we were helping him fold and then with a little pushing, he was helping us with a few closets. That part was MY big project. He brought things down from the back closet and the front hall closet and we’d make the decisions. We through out 3 bags of stuff and there was more that got hand carried to the garbage loading space at the back of the kitchen. I felt very good about getting rid of more junk. The front hall closet looks real good. We’re encouraging like the dickens that Rich be able to use the space. It’s like a process and he has to be doing it to realize how easy it can be. Everything has to be loved and have a space, or it has to be just boxed, bagged and thrown. I’m glad he brought so many boxes. He said that then he wouldn’t have to go back too soon. I’m pretty sure he was thinking that he’d have to use them for his place. I don’t have 15 boxes of stuff in the house unless I were to be boxing books. As long as I live here the books are going to stay … That’s our hominess … most of the rest of the stuff can go.

I am holding the one closet for boxes of stuff saved though. Rich says that he’s talking to his son about his stuff that needs to be moved, but that it will come after he puts a couple thousand dollars into a new shower and bathroom fix-ups at his old house. I think that’s fine. I’m not so concerned about people having another shower outlet, as much as I see it as a necessary fix-up before they can sell the house. I’m not so sure where all that is going. I saw a note on inadvertently when I was moving some of Rich’s paperwork. The up-coming ex-wife was asking about money for Christmas shopping. Yeeks. I think he is going to say no to that. *Sigh* Sorry that’s all of that kind of news we got for today. I do think for the record it is kind of funny … I think she wants to keep the money funding part of the husband, but she’s willing to let go the day to day living part. It’s kind of weird. But, we’ll let that part go to Rich’s business *Double sigh*

Yeeks, Rich has just come home and said something about the BEARS game being on. I suppose then that that’s all the writing today?? Oh man, I hope not … I did have a very good time earlier going through that curriculum reading. Hmm, maybe mentioned that. Shoot got so much here at the computer to be doing. He’s in the washroom, but I can see change ahead. Better get this much posted. Maybe we’ll be back?

*Sigh* BUT, we get then to BE with the fishman. I think he may be looking forward to being backrubbed through the game, and maybe having a sandwich together. It’s quarter after … Hmm, maybe if we do that shower thing too, even though he’s home now that it might lead up to football AND SEX combined? HmMM?? Well, stranger things have happened, we better be prepared to play out all the cards here. I better get going … LATER!