Visit www.MarineParents.com, a Place to Connect & Share (tm)

Friday, August 31, 2007

Short note ... really short



Good morning … This is me just for 15 minutes. I’m just out of the shower. Sweetie Pie left early this morning. He had to get some materials for one of the shops from another shop. Said something about being there at 6:30 am. Yeeks. Too fast for us! We were up earlier this morning … like 4:30 am. Not sure why we got up … suppose just wanting to get a jump on the day. But, then we get into reading news – regular or star stuff. It gave us a chance to hear the Senator try to explain to police how he wasn’t soliciting. I think the Senator was trying to play the cop, but most cops don’t like that at all. I agreed with the cop when he said you are trying to lie to a police officer. That’s like a no go.

Not sure what kind of week we are having … Dr. Marvin was gone last night. We would have problem walking. It seems to be worse. I think we really need to make an appointment even if it means going to a new doctor, doctor’s office, and such. I’m really not in favor of going to new strange places. We’re always thinking of the worst too so that doesn’t make things better. I think that the office is between our regular doc place and the new one for the family clinic. Just have to do the best we can.

Anything remarkable of the week? Not too much. We’ve been dealing with our Paper Tiger not working right at work. There was a straight day and a half on the phone with them. We got through it and felt pleased because it seemed to be going all right, but then we started getting the warning messages again. I’m feeling very disappointed there. The new QHSP is still taking time. Not so much in explaining her work to her, more in trying to get her through the emotional shock of her life.

She’s trying to set it up well. But, it is hard … she’s almost all moved out now.

I think she’ll finish this weekend. Sometimes I feel like a “superior” other times I feel like a friend, and other times I feel like a mom. The thing is that I’ve never been good at cutting off people who feel a need to talk. I still think she talks to the other staff, but not as much as she had been. We explained in our conversation a little about the relationships at work, and that as appreciable as they were, they were still superfluous compared to the necessary relationship between the employee and the boss.

I sensed that she understood that, but nobody probably told her that. I think she has some appreciation that I can talk about most things that interest her. I’m not so sure how much she is getting out of it. She keeps coming back, but not sure if its in appreciation or just avoidance of her work. We are finding her easy to listen too, but I’m not liking that it seems too much like the conversations we used to have with Brandi. That came back at us and I have the feeling this would too.

We are very cautious about just telling her things as relate between the divorce or kids and the rule of thumb is to not talk for more than like 1 ½ - 2 minutes at a time. Like most relationships we continue to listen. We’ll have to figure that out sometime, but for now its time to get going … still have to pull together our fruit and medicine. So for now – thanks for not forgetting about me.